13 years, 38 teams...Premiership for stats fans

After the 94/95 Season, four went down (Ipswich, Palace, Leicester and Norwich), and only two came up (Bolton and Middlesborough).

This new distraction was probably what led to such strange occurences as Forest finishing third, Arsenal finishing 12th and Blackburn winning the league :shifty:

Best. Season. Ever

Fucking excellent aye. One of the best bits for me was how English the first team was. Flowers (English), Kenna (Irish), Hendry (Scottish), Berg (Norweign), Le Saux (English), Ripley (English), Sherwood (English), Batty (English), Shearer (English) and Sutton (English).

8 out of 11 is pretty good as I prefer my players to be home based as it kinda means a bit more. Include the home nations and the only 'foreigner' is Berg. Mind you the league then hadn't had the influx of foreign players it has now.

Yeah, I went on talking about nothing but it was a great day when we won it. At least I have seen them do it my lifetime.

You left out Jason Wilcox (English). :-p

Not forgetting, "Super" Mark Atkins (English), as Batty was out most of the season, and Tony Gale (English), as Kenna only joined very late in the season.

Missing out Wilcox was a sin. Atkins and Glae, good points, just I remember Kenna far more than I do Tony Gale. IIRC Gale left soon after and Kenna stayed for many more years.

Well, they'd either have the lowest finish, or the general worst record.

Only Swindon or Oldham could contest for the general worst, but no Premiership team, in the existance of the Premiership has been in the 3rd division, apart from Fulham, as far as I know.

Only Swindon or Oldham could contest for the general worst, but no Premiership team, in the existance of the Premiership has been in the 3rd division, apart from Fulham, as far as I know.

It'll soon change, when Wigan go up.

Oldham and Sheffield Wednesday where very close.

• Admin

I think Watford could give them a run for their money.

It'll soon change, when Wigan go up.

Oldham and Sheffield Wednesday where very close.

Fulham have been div3, but look at teams like Swindon and Oldham who spent one or two seasons in the Premiership and have spent the rest of the time in division 2. It's possible they're lower than Fulham! (Haven't got my sheet here as I'm at work!)

• 3 weeks later...