Johnny Depp films

I was just wondering, what are some of Depp's best performances? I've only seen Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Carribean, What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (part of it, at least) and Nightmare On Elm Street, in which he only had a small role as a victim.

I'm thinking of picking up/renting "Blow" or "From Hell", any suggestions?

Blow was hands down his best performance

Guest Angry Baboon

Fast Show- British Comedy Sketch Show from the 90's, Fucking Brilliance, bit like Monty Python.

"TODAY I WILL BE EATIN'!"

Donnie Braso- Undercover cop, Mafia blah blah blah

What's the plot in Donnie Brasco and the Fast Show? ..

The Fast Show is a UK Sketch Show based around odd, stereotyped, English characters. Inspired other Uk Sketch Shows/Comedys like Little Britain and The League of the Gentlemen. Depp basically walks into this tailors (a stock tailor, permenant through out the series) and the two tailors ask him invasive questions. Much funnier than I could describe it.

I'd describe Donnie Brasco as being like the Godfather but from the perspective of the small guys at the bottom.

He was awesome in POTC, but perhaps his best performance was in a film that he got little to no credit for, Once Upon a Time in Mexico. He made Agent Sands one of the coolest characters nearly on his own (except for the whole shooting a street up with no eyes thing, I guess that's to the writer's credit).

He was awesome in POTC, but perhaps his best performance was in a film that he got little to no credit for, Once Upon a Time in Mexico. He made Agent Sands one of the coolest characters nearly on his own (except for the whole shooting a street up with no eyes thing, I guess that's to the writer's credit).

I almost forgot about that one. He was a cool character, especially with his cool arm.

All this talk and no mention of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?!? THIS IS BAT COUNTRY!

Anyway, Agent Sands is his best. He took what could've been some blah character added some sort of necessary quirkiness that helped elevate the flick above totally disappointing.

Raoul Duke takes second.

Depp is a very good actor.  Even in the crapfest that was Secret Window, his presence was entertaining and helped salvage the film.

Book > Film of Secret Window anyways. It seems that King's books never transition well to the big screen. I'd love to see one that does (The only one I can think of, ATM, is "It", only a few parts from the book were missing.)

Anyways, I'll check the local video stores for some of these movies today. Odds are they don't have the Fast Show and a few of these movies, but I'll still look :)