Tori Amos rants on Morrissey

tristy

"It's not Morrissey because he pissed me off. I'll tell you why. (audience: He's a fuckhead!) That's right. Let me tell you why... fuck off!...I can't believe I'm having this conversation with you people. I'm coming out of a tv show, right, it's forever ago, and he's walking past me, this little short guy, and I'm walking past and I have heels on, so I can say that. And I look back and I just said, 'Hey man, you've written great songs.' He said, 'What the fuck do you know?'

What the fuck do I know, motherfucker, who are you trying to sell records to in america you small-dick motherfucker? We never spoke again.

yay

But seriously, what the fuck was he thinking? Though, I mean, Morrisey judging talent does explain a lot of things about American Idol.

I'm a fan of Morrissey, but I'll admit that he's a pretentious cunt at times, and I'm also a huge Tori Amos fan, so good on her for speaking her mind at least.

As a Morrissey fan, I would echo his sentiment with regard to Tori Amos. As far as I can remember, she's never written anything that wasn't insanely forgettable and generally dull.

Morrissey bashing tends to be quite a fun sport amongst his non-fans, but then he/his fans don't tend to care or listen to it, so I guess it's water off of a duck's back really. He's kind of a national institution now anyway, like the Royal Family or the pound, so we let him go about his eccentric and pretentious ways (yeah, he is that, but who cares?) and just generally let him get on with it, really.

And Morrissey didn't give birth to 'emo faggots' as fineintent put it - he inspired bands like Radiohead, Suede, Shed 7, the Cranberries and a whole host of other early-90s bands like them, all of whom I like. They lead the way for the 'emo faggots' of the world, especially Radiohead and Suede.

As for his music, it's something people won't ever agree on because such is the subjectiveness of music, but for what it's worth I think he's the best songwriter since John Lennon, and the best British songwriter alive today, if not the best in the world.

That's just IMO, though. Although if you hate him and have never listened to an album all the way through, I'd recommend The Queen is Dead by the Smiths, or the solo album Viva Hate as both include some of the best songwriting/music of the 1980s.

As much as I love The Smiths & Morriseys music, he is a pretentious wanker. But I must admit, he's probably one of the best live acts I've seen, he's such a good entertainer.

As for Tori Amos, I shall take a quote from the legendary Steve Coogan character, Paul Calf:

"That Tori Amos...... she's right up her arse."

And Morrissey didn't give birth to 'emo faggots' as fineintent put it - he inspired bands like Radiohead, Suede, Shed 7, the Cranberries and a whole host of other early-90s bands like them, all of whom I like. They lead the way for the 'emo faggots' of the world, especially Radiohead and Suede.