Man United Thread

Jook

Brown's a decent player but I couldn't see him leaving. The more he leaves United hanging over the contract, the more chance of them offering him what he wants. We've been under alot of pressure defensively and Brown's been holding it all together along with Ferdinand, I just couldn't see Sir Alex letting him go especially since they won't be able to buy anyone to combat his absence.

Carrol on the otherhand, may need to go. He's not a bad Keeper and in his defense, he never did anything wrong but rumours of United signing Cudicini and others to fill the void indicates that someone has to go...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester United 0 - Birmingham 0

Terrible match, United dominated in the shot department but couldn't hold the ball in midfield. With as much as five strikers on at a time (Rooney, Saha, Van Nistlerooy, Smith and Scholes), United showed some attacking presence but never a finishing touch. End-to-end, keeper-to-keeper, rinse and repeat...Disappointing match.

I honestly think that United can beat Arsenal on Sunday. And from a Chelsea fans point of view, it would be more benificial if United managed to scrape it.

But, Arsenal will probably end up getting beat from a pissy mid table team that no one could see coming.

In all seriousness and from a United fan's perspective, Arsenal deserve to win the match on Sunday. Between this season and last, Arsenal have proved they can play better football and considering the condition of both teams at the minute...Arsenal really should win this game. Thats what in my opinion, should happen...but won't. Whatever it is, I seem to have a feeling that United will walk away with the win with a draw at very worst. Arsenal deserve to win but there's no reason why United won't.

Guest Red Devil

YES! we finally put an end to their unbeaten run and cracked the title race wide open. Now we can go from here and win the damn thing. I'm so fucking happy. It was a really good match and i felt that we really did deserve to win. Arsenal didn't play bad but they didn't do enough to warrent a victory.

Honestly, and speaking, not as an Arsenal fan (which I am of course) but as a football fan, that should've been a draw.

Never, EVER a penalty. Couldn't give a shit what anyone claims, but Rooney started going down before Campbell was anywhere near him and he didn't actually touch him so, yup.

Neither team really looked like scoring at all. Henry was off his game, van Nistelrooy hasn't been on his game since last season, Bergkamp was under-par, Rooney was non-existant for the first 70-odd minutes leaving Reyes the only player who even looked like scoring.

Congratulations on the win though, it's sods-law that we loose number 50, and it's against Man Utd, AND it's at Old Trafford. THIS is where your season begins, and unless you start performing from your next game onwards you have no chance in the title race. We're still 8 points ahead of you, and I don't see us losing again this season with the sole exception POSSIBLY being to Chelsea at the Bridge (which isn't going to happen!) so I dom't see you catching us, and only see Chelsea as real contenders.

Get in!

Goodbye unbeaten record. Let's get something straight though. It wasn't a dive.... nor was it a penalty. In my opinion Rooney was off the floor before the challenge because he was trying to hurdle it. There was contact, but not enough for it to be a penalty. Still... Ashley Cole's foul on Ronaldo definately should have been a penalty.

As for the game... wasn't the best really. I thought Arsenal played poorly, but then I don't think we allowed them enough time to play. Rio kept Henry quiet and Viera didn't look fit tbh. Scholes, Rooney, Ruud and Giggs were all poor and I hope Fergie noticed that the only reason Rooney scored was thanks to Alan Smith who should be starting anyway. Credit to Ruud though, even though he didn't play well, must've taken some guts to take the penalty after last year. I thought Ronaldo played pretty well, was our main outlet and it's always good watching him vs. Ashley Cole. At the back, Rio was awesome but Heinze was even better. He's a pretty good find and I only wish, like Smith, that he got more credit (As much as players like Rio, Rooney and Ruud do). I was also dissapointed in Sol Campbell after the game, he refused to shake Rooney's hand which is a bit petty. No matter what you think you're still supposed to leave it all on the pitch. But then again, Arsenal have never been the best at taking defeat, as can be seen by Viera's constant attempts to get United players booked by hassling the ref every 30 seconds.

Overall though i'm delighted. Still gonna be tough for us to catch Arsenal and Chelsea but at least we have a fighting chance now.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I'm not a United supporter and well I like both teams in a way, but when Nistelrooy scored that penalty I was super happy inside. He deserved to be the one who got revenge on Arsenal. I think today was certainly revenge for last season AND the time that Arsenal won the title at Old Trafford a few years back.

Overall like I said in the Arsenal thread, United for me were the much better side. Ferdinand got stuck in more than ever it seemed, he was just all over the place. The Rooney penalty wasn't a penalty in my eyes, but then again the Ronaldo one was and that didn't get given so there you go.

United are back in it, simple as. It'll be shit hard to even catch Arsenal, but it's possible so goodluck to the United supporters.

Honestly, and speaking, not as an Arsenal fan (which I am of course) but as a football fan, that should've been a draw.

Never, EVER a penalty. Couldn't give a shit what anyone claims, but Rooney started going down before Campbell was anywhere near him and he didn't actually touch him so, yup.

Neither team really looked like scoring at all. Henry was off his game, van Nistelrooy hasn't been on his game since last season, Bergkamp was under-par, Rooney was non-existant for the first 70-odd minutes leaving Reyes the only player who even looked like scoring.

Congratulations on the win though, it's sods-law that we loose number 50, and it's against Man Utd, AND it's at Old Trafford. THIS is where your season begins, and unless you start performing from your next game onwards you have no chance in the title race. We're still 8 points ahead of you, and I don't see us losing again this season with the sole exception POSSIBLY being to Chelsea at the Bridge (which isn't going to happen!) so I dom't see you catching us, and only see Chelsea as real contenders.

As pleased with the result as I am, I'd have to agree with the Penalty claim. Campell whether going for the ball or not, didn't get near it...To the referee, he intentionally stuck his leg out and Rooney tripped over...That's a penalty. If a player is fouled in the area and with a chance of scoring, then it's a penalty.

But with that said, what about when Ronaldo was taken down in the area? That was a clear penalty (unless I was mistaken, I only saw that once and it looked like a penalty to me) and that wasn't given, so it evened itself out, I guess :P That would be kharma