Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never rule Arsenal out.....never.

The smartest thing I've ever heard a Man Utd fan say.

To be honest, I think something will have to happen at Old Trafoord this summer that will make or break next season. There will be sales and purchases. If it looks anyhting like last summer then yu've lost the league before it's begun - hopefully for you it will be a lot better and mean that you have a chance.

To rule Arsenal out before the season starts is stupidity. Not only are they bookies favourites, but they will be carrying an enigma next season that means other teams will fear them....maybe not the likes of Chelsea.....but mid-table sides and the newly promoted boys will not want to play against "Invincibles"

Of course people will want to play the "Invincibles", it's gonna be a lot tougher for Arsenal because people will treat the match like a cup final and as a chance to make a name for themselves. To say people will be scared of Arsenal is just plain wrong. People will know it is a tough game etc. But they will want to get out there and play the champions. Would you be scared if somebody asked you to get eleven players and play the champions?

Edited by SaNtY

And looked what happened there. Every team upped there game so they could try to beat United. Whenever you carry a big label like that teams show no fear what so ever and try there damndest to beat you after all there is no shame in losing to the champions. Also teams know Arsenal can be beaten as they have were beaten by teams last year. So there will be no fear shown by other teams to Arsenal.

Axed Real Madrid coach Carlos Queiroz is in line for a return to Manchester United as assistant to Sir Alex Ferguson, according to reports.

Queiroz failed to win a trophy in his single season at the Bernabeu and is expected to link up again with boss Ferguson, with whom he helped bring the Premiership title to Old Trafford in 2002/03, rather than seek another manager's position of his own.

United surrendered their domestic crown this season, failing to compete with a dominant Arsenal side, with Ferguson working alone before hiring Walter Smith as his number two for the last three months of the campaign.

Ferguson told Queiroz he would always be welcome back at Old Trafford and United could now offer the 51-year-old a one-year rolling contract.

An announcement could be made by the end of the week.

Meanwhile, Queiroz says he was misled by Real should have quit his post in January after they failed to honour their pledge to strengthen the squad.

Queiroz, who was replaced by former player Jose Antonio Camacho, said that the club would not have ended the season empty-handed if president Florentino Perez had not decided to offload several key players at the start of the campaign.

'I made my biggest mistake in January,' Queiroz told Spanish sports daily Marca on Wednesday. 'I should have left when we were leading the league and doing well in the Cup and the Champions League. Maybe if I had gone then Real might not have ended the season as they did.'

Real, who at one stage enjoyed an eight-point lead at the top of the table, finished fourth in the Primera Liga after losing their last five matches.

Queiroz said that the club's decision to reject the signing of Argentine defender Gabriel Milito and allow players of the calibre of Fernando Morientes and Claude Makelele to leave at the beginning of the season had taken its toll on the team.

'I asked that Morientes be allowed to stay and I am convinced that with him in the squad alongside Geremi, Makelele and Milito then Real would have ended up with one or two trophies.'

Asked if he felt as though he had been deceived by the club, Queiroz replied: 'If you were promised a car with air conditioning, four wheels, leather seats and metallic paint and you were then given one without any of that how would you feel?'

CLAIMS REJECTED

He rejected claims by the Real president that he lacked sufficient authority to run the team and said that the proof was that the club had not only changed the coach but also its recruitment policy by signing Argentine defender Walter Samuel last month.

Samuel was the first defender to be hired by Perez since he took over as president four years ago.

'I don't want to lower myself to the same level as others who have not shown me any respect,' said Queiroz.

'In sporting terms things didn't go well but that doesn't mean we should lack courtesy or elegance. I am not going to do that because I don't want to confuse Real Madrid with the president of the club.'

Queiroz said that neither he nor sporting director Jorge Valdano, who stepped down from his post last week, had enjoyed any significant decision-making powers at the club.

But Queiroz added that if Real could learn from the mistakes of this season they would make a rapid return to winning ways.

'With the situation becoming so clear and if the same errors are not made again Real will improve and I'm sure Camacho will be happy,' he said

Source

Will Queiroz help Sir Alex steer Utd to another title? Let's hope not. :P

Carlos Queiroz has today confirmed that he is retunring to Manchester United as Sir Alex Fergusons number 2. Apparently we've also put in an 8.5 million offer for Heinze.

Manchester United have won the race to sign Barcelona youngster Gerard Pique, according to sources in Spain.

The stylish young centre back with the famous surname, his full name is Gerard Pique Bernabeu, has been deliberating over his future with Arsenal and Chelsea also determined to find a new home for one of Spain's brightest defensive prospects.

The teenager is also comfortable in a left back position and could be a star of the future at Old Trafford.

His grandfather Amador Bernabeu was keen to see the Under-17 international make his mark at Camp Nou but negotiations did not progress well over a new contract and United have taken advantage.

No fee has been mentioned but it is understood that Pique is to sign a five-year contract with Sir Alex Ferguson's men.

Arsenal had been alerted to his availability by their own Spanish starlet, Cesc Fabregas, while Chelsea reportedly attempted to hijack the deal at a late stage.

source: planetfootball.com

I was hoping we would get him because of his friendship with Fabregas :( From what I have seen he is a very good player, would be a good signing for the future. :(

Oliver Kahn's father has admitted that Manchester United are keen on signing the German international goalkeeper.

Reports earlier this week claimed Kahn was pondering a move away from Bayern Munich, with Manchester United thought to be hoping to take him to England.

Bayern Munich played down the rumours, but Kahn's father Rolf insists United are trying to bring him to Old Trafford.

"Oliver has had offers from Manchester United in the past, but the contact has certainly intensified over the past few weeks," Kahn told German daily AZ.

Bayern goalkeeping coach Sepp Maier revealed that Kahn was considering a move away to a new league after winning everything at the German giants.

"He's deadly serious," Maier told German daily Tz.

"He wants to move and the English league is calling him. He's already achieved everything with FC Bayern and that's why he's now looking for a new challenge."

United's reported interest in Kahn would be something of a surprise as they already have Tim Howard and Roy Carroll competing for the number one shirt and Sir Alex Ferguson is unlikely to want a sign someone coming to the end of their career as Kahn is.

Source

Kahn? I Kahn see the logic in that. (Alright, bad pun. :P )

Fuck no.

Fuck off.

Fuckshit.

Bollocks.

We don't need Kahn. He can piss off. He obviously wants a summer move so he's asked his dad to say a big club is interested to make other clubs interested too.

Guest Small Blue

LOL

Why do you need Kahn for? What is wrong with Tim Howard? Kahn is past it imo. He really is.

What if Tim Howard gets injured? Man Utd proved to themselves last season with Rio Ferdinand that you cannot be solely reliant on one player in a specific position. Man Utd are just getting players for every position - so if injuries take place, suspensions happen then we will still be able to field a winning 11.

What if Tim Howard gets injured? Man Utd proved to themselves last season with Rio Ferdinand that you cannot be solely reliant on one player in a specific position. Man Utd are just getting players for every position - so if injuries take place, suspensions happen then we will still be able to field a winning 11.

Roy Carroll's fine for now. Kahn would be a waste of money, we need to splash out on defenders and midfielders.