Man United Thread

Jook

I wouldn't take Ledley King to be honest. We'd need someone with a lot of experience who's preferably over the 28-mark. Bringing in King, another youngster albeit a talented one, would only set-back others breaking into the team and thats something I'm very confident both Wes Brown and John O'Shea will do.

United still has the drawing power of one of Europe's top teams, a replacement shouldn't be too hard to find and from the kind of cash we'd get from Rio we'd surely end up with a decent one.

EDIT: In fairness MM, I don't think we've quite yet seen the best of Ferdinand. I think in the next World Cup, paired with John Terry (Fuck Sol :P ) he'll work brilliantly. He may not be the best defender in the world like you said, but he plays more of the underapreciated role in defence and still has his best years ahead of him. Given the over-pricing and over-paying of players in modern day football, I'd say that by comparison £100,000 is reasonable...Anything above that is not.

Edited by public enemy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Giuessepe Rossi guy is fucking brilliant.

I want him. :(

Although I would say Quincy is just as good and seems a similar player. But that Rossi just seems brilliant.

We have Arturo Lupoli, he's better. :P

Rossi will probably get more of a chance this season than some people tend to think.

With Smith playing further back in the midfield and Rooney playing a more roaming role on the wings and through the middle, there should be plenty of room up-front for Rossi to make an impact. In the reserves last season he was amazing but in terms of first-team opportunities, he never looked his best against Exeter (who did?) or in any of the early Carling Cup matches. At least Bellion was capable of injecting a bit of pace into a dying game when brought on as a sub. Hell, towards the end of last season before his injury, he was really tearing it apart in the reserves.

This pre-season will show whether or not Rossi is ready for first-team football on a full-time basis.

I really hope Rossi gets a chance this season.

-------------------------Ruud--------------------------

----Rossi--------------Rooney------------Ronaldo---

That just looks frightening as an attacking line-up. I really hope fergie gets a new CM sorted soon, that isnt called Djemba-Djemba.

Ballack dismisses Man Utd rumours

Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack has moved to end speculation he could join Manchester United.

And Bayern insist United have not made an offer for the Germany captain.

Ballack, 28, whose contract expires next year, said: "I'll be playing for Bayern until 2006. We're aiming high, and I want to be a part of it."

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge added: "Ballack has a contract until 30 June, 2006. We won't be letting him go before then."

Chairman of Bayern's supervisory board, Franz Beckenbauer, is also keen to keep Ballack, but realises the player could consider his options.

"We would be really glad if he would stay here," Beckenbauer said.

"We would go up to our limits, but we know that his following contract would be his last big one. It is his right to get the best contract."

I doubt thats the end of the rumours as the report suggests.

Ballack wants to stay to the end of his contract but if a good enough offer came in, would Bayern be in a position to turn it down only to let him leave the following summer?

Much like the Ferdinand situation, If a player down-right refuses to sign a new contract one way or another, it's in the clubs best interest to get at least some sort of deal for him at the risk of eventually losing him on a bossman. I think a few more transfer targets may emerge sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't rule out Ballack as an option just yet...

Guest LucaIII

Looks like Ballack will stay this year but will then be available on a free next summer! Just in time to replace Keane.

I agree with public enemy's team except i'd have Wes Brown a Right Back

Manchester United 2 - Hong Kong National Team 0

Another game under our belts and another major talking point.

Dong Fangzhou made his Manchester United debut having spent last season on loan at the feeder club Royal Antwerp failing to gain an English work-permit. The fact that he hadn’t been rushed through with a few strings pulled by management to get the work permit, hinted that he wasn’t quite yet ready and was like Park another player worth hanging onto for marketing value alone. If anything this game proved that not to be the case.

Much like Rossi, Dong just impressively walked right into the first team and made a huge impact with his debut-goal and an all-round fantastic second half performance. Choosing to follow the routine of fielding two different XI's in each half, the manager surely made the right decision. The humidity and heat of the surroundings really showed on the United players who seemed exhausted after only a half.

Van Nistelrooy coming off the highs of the weekend failed to take his chances on a number of occasions, as did Saha in the second-half. Once again it was the youth at the club that impressed enough to warrant the victory. The Hong Kong National Team put up a lot of fight with some good experience in friendlies having drawn with Juventus before defeating them on penalties all but two months earlier. An exciting game on all fronts and even without the flurry of goals that has come to be expected in pre-season, It's a victory United should be very much proud of...

I watched the match against Hong Kong this morning and overall it was a good performance. We won 2-0 for those that don't know. Guiseppe Rossi scored again and Dong Fangzhuo scored on his debut.

Park looked more impressive today than he did in the other two friendlies, Jones looked good again too. Ruud missed a couple of sitters. Rossi, while not as good overall as he was against Peterborough, played well and bagged a goal. It was the first i'd seen of Dong Fangzhuo and he was impressive. His goal was excellently taken and he was one of the best players on the pitch.

Man of the match, without a doubt, was Alan Smith. He played the Midfield holding role again and he was awesome. I'd definately give him a chance at playing there before buying anyone else.

EDIT ~ Public Enemy beat me to it :(

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Anyone watch the game yesterday?

I slept in and had to catch the replay later. Still an enjoyable game, started off rather slow and Beijing looked like they were prepared to put up a huge fight, shame they fell asleep just before half-time and after that never seemed bothered. Another good work-out for the team as a whole.