WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

supposedly you can store a finisher and then get another one up (full momentum) throw them at the casket so they are out of it and instead of grappling hit l1 to do a finisher in the casket which automatically closes it.

I still haven't been able to do it but my friends said he Fu'ed undertaker into the casket.

I'm really loving the new makeup and face paint in caw mode I just wish they'd have included more layers cause I cannot create my custom t-shirt "I'm Dochappy B***H"

other than that caw is still good the facial features is leaps and bounds better that last year

So I got it today. Started a season as Eddie, but I just cant seem to win with characters that have aerial finishers and it takes too much time to win with the Lasso. So I started again with Carlito and I realized both have the same storyline....I started competing with Cena, RVD and JBL for Torrie's contract.

Can you tell me which characters have specific storylines? I read somewhere that they had 1 season for Raw and Smackdown, 1 for your CAW and some character specific(dunno, but I think Cena was mentioned).

Also, have you noticed reversals are WAY too common in this game?

BTW, I think I ran into a glitch or something because I had 34 thousand dollars and saved. Then when I played again a couple of hours later I had only 5,700!!! That pissed me off because I was about to buy Bret Hart.

So I got it today. Started a season as Eddie, but I just cant seem to win with characters that have aerial finishers and it takes too much time to win with the Lasso. So I started again with Carlito and I realized both have the same storyline....I started competing with Cena, RVD and JBL for Torrie's contract.

Can you tell me which characters have specific storylines? I read somewhere that they had 1 season for Raw and Smackdown, 1 for your CAW and some character specific(dunno, but I think Cena was mentioned).

BTW, I think I ran into a glitch or something because I had 34 thousand dollars and saved. Then when I played again a couple of hours later I had only 5,700!!! That pissed me off because I was about to buy Bret Hart.

Edited by Dirty Johnny

You HAVE to save your profile data. Otherwise that will happen to you. The save feature with locker room, next show and exit in the season menu is simply to save the season, has nothing to do with your profile which is what saves money and such.

Go into the options and turn on auto-save.

As for aerial moves, I actually like the change now. It's more realistic, the game is more simulation than arcade. With Eddie just do his default down + O move in the corner and run to the turnbuckle and do it. Or while they're in the corner run at them and hit square. Or do what I've been doing, beat the ever living shit out of them til they're laid out. Not just red and squirming. Until they are flat spread out. Easy as pie once you get the hang out it.

Besides I find it more realistic personally. They are called high risk maneuvers afterall.

If I'm not mistaken. You need to first store a finisher, then get your momentum maxed out. Grapple a guy regularly and hit X to punch him. You'll then be able to move around with him while holding his hair. Drag him over to the back end of the limo and you should be able to hit L1. Causes a pickup to ram into the backend of the limo with them inside... (I think that's how it goes, my girlfriend did it and I was barely paying much attention).

Similar to casket finishers.

So is Buried Alive supposed to be impossible? :angry: This is ridiculous.

I've only lost one Buried Alive match. It was the first time I'd ever been thrown into the casket, too. I only lost because I didn't realise what buttons I had to press to stop the casket lid from closing <_<

supposedly you can store a finisher and then get another one up (full momentum) throw them at the casket so they are out of it and instead of grappling hit l1 to do a finisher in the casket which automatically closes it.

I still haven't been able to do it but my friends said he Fu'ed undertaker into the casket.

Yep, that's the way to do it. It sounds like there's a range of moves. I've only done it once - a bulldog with Christian.

Turn reversals down in the advanced settings then.

Yeah, you obviously didn't save your profile. Put autosave on.

There isn't any, not in the way you're thinking. There are storylines that involve specific characters, but you can only get them if you DON'T play as that character. If you want HHH's story, you'll need to play as someone else, who isn't part of it.

Raw storylines are different from SD!'s but thats only because the rosters are different. Don't know where you heard about a CAW specific story cos well, there ain't one. I dunno if Cena's got his own specific storyline, cos I haven't played as him :P

Also how do alternate attires work?

In season? You have to go to your locker room, and select the lockers. You should be given a choice of what attires you want to wear, if there is an alternate attire.

Ahahahah I just Brass Knucked Grenier, Regal rules, love the dirty finish!

Dirty finishes are awesome. I just had a tag match for the SD Tag titles, Los Guerreros versus the LOD. Chavo hit the Gory bomb on Hawk as Animal tossed me (Eddie) outside, but when Chavo went for the pin, I grabbed Animal's feet as he started running, and we won. It wasn't a special dirty finish or anything, but it was damned cool cheating all the same :P

Ok questions.

1. Possum finishes are impossible, help.

2. Rumbles are crap, eliminations are hard, especially solo ones, help.

3. Reversing finishers?

1. That's not a question. I don't find them to be. Just make sure you have a finisher stored when trying it.

2. Again, not a question. Be Andre? Other then that just work on their ringout with strikes for a while then try with grapple. Hopefully another person will help in which case it goes down extremely fast from what i've seen.

3. L2 and R2 as they're going to do it.

Ok questions.

1. Possum finishes are impossible, help.

2. Rumbles are crap, eliminations are hard, especially solo ones, help.

3. Reversing finishers?

The little guys are usually easy to, you can just knock them off the apron with a strike. Look to wear some of the guys down too, usually when they are partly worn out, you can simply whip them over the ropes and they collapse down to the mat on the outside.

Big Show/Andre starting 1st in a Rumble full of cruisers makes for an easy challenge.

Reversing finishers are hard as fuck, I took about four pedigree's before I managed it. In the old games they needed to kick you first to stun you, so you had an idea of when it was coming, but not anymore. Hows your dexterity with using the second control pad as well? >_>

• Admin

I just had a 100 minute slobberknocker and eliminated 100 people. That's 1 a minute people!!!!! (H)

I would say that's quite sad and obsessive,

I personally think it was a pretty big achievement on hard mode with the way the computer reverses nearly everything in the new game. I had a few spare hours this afternoon and wanted to see if I could last 100 minutes. I'm a goal orientated person. ^_^

Just out of interest, who were you playing as? And why did you feel the need to molest poor Hurricane for twenty of those hundred minutes?!

Austin (Y) I just chose Hurricane randomly.