WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

I've seen some cool reversals theres still a lot of the same reversals from last years game but there are definetly new ones. I'm wondering if its still possible to counter a move with a finisher like in previous games. Especially like reversing a punch with benoit into the crossface or a toekick to ankle lock with Angle.

I know you can reverse a kick into the Ankle Lock. I was playing a battle royal against 5 other CPUs including Angle. I saw Angle block someone's kick and the Finisher icon came up on his bar.

I know if you 'skip' a match in season mode, it counts as you losing, but does that add a loss to your overall record (the one you can see in the locker room > desk > profile stats)? Just wondering, because you haven't actually played the match.

Finished my first full season with Carlito. I won Torrie's contract, then won the urn by beating Taker in the Buried Alive Match(almost near impossible, pulled my hair out sometimes), won the Rumble and then Cena at Wrestlemania for the WWE Title. Pretty cool to see Carlito as champ, but it would have been nice if they had a storyline in which I could defend the title.

Started one as Cena now and got the Legends Tour to start. Defeated Bulldog, Bret Hart, Mankind and Taker in a Three Way Hell in the Cell, then teamed up with Stone Cold aganist Rock and Hogan and finally faced Mankind in a Bar Room Brawl and Austin in a First Blood match to win the tour. Now I am in some storyline with Eugene and the tag titles.

Somebody mentioned LOD...but they dont show up in the shop...how do I get them? and can you unlock Jake the Snake with a Gameshark? I dont feel like buying a PSP.

Guest Tonecold

My thoughts:

(i'm considering buying 2006 but haven't yet.)

Season and online modes sound like a huge improvement on SDVR.

Good to see a closer roster and the return of Austin, but how about some WCW legends (Goldberg springs to mind, despite his shortlived WWE career, he was far more awesome in WCW, easily their equivalent of Austin).

Legends cage - isn't that JUST LIKE the one from the early Smackdown games?

As much as I liked SDVR, I saw too many faults with it too. Smackdown 2: Know Your Role is still my favourite of the series, and no other game as a whole interested me the same way, they all have small interesting features (SYM, finally getting the HIAC right, off the side of the ring and with a DOOR, being able to assign your own rosters for some games, even though they took that away in SDVR).

GM Mode... sounds like the popularity of the EWR series (and TEW, to a lesser extent? havent played any of the TEWs yet), and the similar mode in the Madden series etc has made them realise the player wants control over more stuff like this. I don't expect this to be as good or detailed as the EWR series, but I think it will be interesting.

I've seen some cool reversals theres still a lot of the same reversals from last years game but there are definetly new ones. I'm wondering if its still possible to counter a move with a finisher like in previous games. Especially like reversing a punch with benoit into the crossface or a toekick to ankle lock with Angle.

I know you can reverse a kick into the Ankle Lock. I was playing a battle royal against 5 other CPUs including Angle. I saw Angle block someone's kick and the Finisher icon came up on his bar.

I know if you 'skip' a match in season mode, it counts as you losing, but does that add a loss to your overall record (the one you can see in the locker room > desk > profile stats)? Just wondering, because you haven't actually played the match.

Actually, now if you skip a match in season mode it's random whether you win or lose.

Guest The Trooper

Actually, now if you skip a match in season mode it's random whether you win or lose.

Ah, I didn't know that. I thought you would lose because you're skipping the match, like you do if you exit in the middle of a match. By the way I just found out, if you skip a match in the season, the outcome doesn't count to your profile's record, which is good. Your profile record is only affected if you actually play the match.

Argh, why does this game hate me? I was trying to do the win a match without leaving the ring challenge, and I'm beating the living hell out of Spike Dudley. All of a sudden, all the little bastard is trying to do is whip me out. Everytime he gets near the ropes he whips me over, and after about 6 or 7 attempts, he finally gets me out. Bastard.

Somebody mentioned LOD...but they dont show up in the shop...how do I get them? and can you unlock Jake the Snake with a Gameshark? I dont feel like buying a PSP.

I mentioned LOD. CAWs :P

Jake is ONLY available from PSP or a cheat device, such as gameshark. And he's awesome, even if I didn't realise his DDT was already useable >_>

I still don't get the Buried Alive hatred. I got Taker inside it first time playing the match, and it's not as if it's difficult to hit a casket finisher, if you suck at the other bit :\

Edited by Marv

Anyone got a decent Owen Hart CAW?

Managed the strike one, finally. Charlie Haas likes dropkicking too much. Also managed to reverse his finisher. I still lost, the sleeper minigame sucks, when are you supposed to hit x, when it gets to the blue bar? Or are you supposed to keep tapping or something?

Why didn't you just use two controllers?...(unless you don't have another)

Then you can determine how many strikes or whatever happens during the match.

Ah, that's cheating. ;)