Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

FINALLY I've got the game. Only rented it before and hadn't played it since, well finally brought it two days ago off of E-Bay for £15.

It's by far the best football game ever. It's even better than four was for me. So much harder which makes it so great. Even though it can feel like it's annoying when you're battling to score, it's still so brilliant. So realistic as well and maybe I'm wrong, but isn't there a new small mode in this in which you can be called offside despite being just onside? I swear it happened to me yesterday because it came major late, showed the linesman and then the replay and I was clearly onside and even the commentator seemed to think so. Love little touches like that, makes it so much better.

Playing as Barcelona in Master League. Messi doesn't go up in stats as much as I hoped. Ronaldinho is super though, scored an amazing freekick with him, love seeing him have his run up in this. Question though, how do you do the little Ronaldinho flick thing properly?

Overall, probably my favourite game ever, certainly one of them.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone link me to the most up to date option file for the MaxDrive? One with up to date transfers and such? I found the one at GameFAQ's, but it won't let me download for some reason. Do you need to be logged in or something?

I've attached the one I use. It dates from August 2005 and it's originally from PESfan who do the best updates (well they at least used to, til they had to pull the plug on operations...) just use this one, then go on the Transfer Special pages at skysports.com to update it with all the January transfers (Y) Any players missing that aren't on the game I created. Like Dean Ashton and Theo Wallcott.

I need some advice. How do you keep headers down? Most corners or crosses I make, my headers go flying over the bar and into row Q. I also take a lot of shots which just skim past the post, and longshots are hopeless, they end up nearer the corner flag.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4118">PES5_Options_File.zip

PES5_Options_File.zip

I need some advice. How do you keep headers down? Most corners or crosses I make, my headers go flying over the bar and into row Q. I also take a lot of shots which just skim past the post, and longshots are hopeless, they end up nearer the corner flag.

So anyone got any advice? Or know what I may be doing wrong? (apart from being plain shit at the game)

So anyone got any advice? Or know what I may be doing wrong? (apart from being plain shit at the game)

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

• 3 weeks later...