Nelly To Perform A Rap 1st....

Guest NewRulesRFatal0

Guest NewRulesRFatal0

Nelly will become the first rapper to drop two albums on the same day, releasing Sweat and another album, Suit on September 14.

While he is the first rapper to perform such a feat, Bruce Springstein and Guns 'n' Roses also have both dropped two albums on the same day in the past.

"I had so much material that at first I thought about releasing a double CD, but then I thought it would be better to release two albums separately to show fans the best of both sides of Nellyville," Nelly said,

According to Nelly, the Sweat album has more club oriented offerings, while Suit is more "grown and sexy," along the lines of his hit "Dilemma" with Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child.

"When I first came out I was representing my city hard," Nelly added. "Now I'm trying to explain so much more. I think both albums show my growth creatively and personally."

The lead single from Sweat will be Neptunes produced track "Flap Your Wings," while Suit's lead off single "My Place," a re-working of the Teddy Pendergrass hit "Come On And Go With Me."

Sweat and Suit are Nelly's third and fourth studio albums.

- Credit: allhiphop.com

"I had so much material that at first I thought about releasing a double CD, but then I thought it would be better to release two albums separately to show fans the best of both sides of Nellyville," Nelly said

Translation: I had so much material that at first I thought about releasing a double CD, but then I thought it would be better to release two albums separately to get the fans to spend more money when travelling to Nellyville.

Translation: I had so much material that at first I thought about releasing a double CD, but then I thought it would be better to release two albums separately to get the fans to spend more money when travelling to Nellyville.

Quoted for Emphasis.

Great...now the radio station is going to be playing fucking Nelly for the next 6 months... thanks, fucktard, for releasing two more pieces of commercialized wannabe-rap shit.

Great...now the radio station is going to be playing fucking Nelly for the next 6 months... thanks, fucktard, for releasing two more pieces of commercialized wannabe-rap shit.

I don't really have a problem with Nelly, I don't like his music, but it's tolerable. But I do hate when people do shit like this. There is absolutely no reason to do anything like this, no matter how "different" the albums are. If they're TOTALLY different, make a fucking double CD. And it's Nelly, he talks about being a pimp, having hos, and making money, how the hell can two of his CDs be so different that he needs to release them separately? At least be honest that you're fucking the consumer.

I don't really have a problem with Nelly, I don't like his music, but it's tolerable.  But I do hate when people do shit like this.  There is absolutely no reason to do anything like this, no matter how "different" the albums are.  If they're TOTALLY different, make a fucking double CD.  And it's Nelly, he talks about being a pimp, having hos, and making money, how the hell can two of his CDs be so different that he needs to release them separately?  At least be honest that you're fucking the consumer.

It could be so he can get out of his record deal. If he had an agreement to make say three albums by releasing them seperately he releases 2 of the 3, whereas a double album is still normally considered one disk such as the disk by Outkast.

Quoted for Emphasis.

Well...I have to say if you're listening to a station that would play Nelly for a few months..then it's probaly playing Nelly now. So not much difference.

And yes DYSI?...it's supposed to be sweatsuit lmao.

Exactly. His explanation makes absolutely no sense. Why couldn't he show the world both sides of "Nellyville" on a double album? Hopefully people see through this bullshit and decide to buy neither of the albums instead of 1 or 2.

Well...I have to say if you're listening to a station that would play Nelly for a few months..then it's probaly playing Nelly now. So not much difference.

And yes DYSI?...it's supposed to be sweatsuit lmao.

I have to listen to it, because it's what gets played at work, and until I'm the senior member of staff on the shift, it will continue to be played... they just stopped playing Nelly a couple months ago, and now this shit is coming out...

The radio stations here all play what's "popular" for about 5-8 months, and then you never hear it again.

And that is why my WinAmp playlist > every goddamn commercial radio station everrrrr. :P

Same, I figure that when I get the chance to be a Senior Staff Member, I'll just randomly burn songs onto a disc once every week (while making sure there aren't any cuss words, being that it is a public store.)

Love my playlist though...I've still got stuff from Tripping Daisy...lol

Exactly. His explanation makes absolutely no sense. Why couldn't he show the world both sides of "Nellyville" on a double album? Hopefully people see through this bullshit and decide to buy neither of the albums instead of 1 or 2.

The idea is to release one album for the pop fans (Sweat) and one for the rap fans (Suit). Whether we'll be able to tell the difference is another story.

The idea is to release one album for the pop fans (Sweat) and one for the rap fans (Suit). Whether we'll be able to tell the difference is another story.

Sure, but why couldn't the Rap and Pop albums be released under one double album? One can easily tell that Speakerboxxx and The Love Below are VERY different albums, but Outkast released them under one banner. It just comes down to who's more greedy I guess.

All of Nelly's raps are pop-friendly though. It'd be one thing if we had some hardcore gangsta that doesn't usually delve into pop doing something like this. But every single Nelly has ever released has had a pop flavor to it.

All of Nelly's raps are pop-friendly though.  It'd be one thing if we had some hardcore gangsta that doesn't usually delve into pop doing something like this.  But every single Nelly has ever released has had a pop flavor to it.

Yes..just about all the one's he has been realeased are, but all of his songs definitely aren't. Maybe this is the first time he'll actually put the hardcore stuff on his CD...because there are a lot of songs floating around on the net, and when you hear them, it's just like WTF? That's Nelly.

I know they're not classified as rap, but didn't Outkast do the same thing? Or was that a double CD, Speakerboxx\The Love Below?

I believe...even though it was 'Two CDs' it came as one...

And I'm pretty sure Nelly knows what he's doing. SImply he wants to make more money, and he knows the fans that really love him will purchase two. Plus what artist would come right out and say...'I'm gonna do two different CDs so I can make more money'.

Guest BornToRaiseHell

Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, was a double CD, not two seperate albums.

But speaking of Nelly, ill probably hear a snippit of the album before i even think about purchasing. Anybody hear his new single "Flap You Wings" now that record sounds very stupid....