Extras

YI

Did anybody watch Ricky Gervais's new show, Extras. It started tonight with the episode with Ben Stiller and it was top quality stuff. Some awesome lines and the forced atmoshphere, Office like humour ran throughout. "Never get involved with a man who's had his wife murdered" made me lif. But the line right at the end had me giggling.

Stiller : Who are you...nobody. Who am I?

Gervais : Either Starsky or Hutch I can't remember

Stiller : Was that meant to be funny?

Gervais : You tell me, you were in it.

Bwahahahaha.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

FUCK, CUNT, TITS, BOLLOCKS.

I've been checking the TV listings because I was so eager to watch it, then instead I fucking miss the thing, whens it on again?

I was very worried about it, because I thought it was gonna be shit. The first few minutes didn't help matters.

BUT, it got better. A lot better. The character of Andy Millman has some of the Brent humour (the 'yellow' comment, and my favourite line from the show "I'm only looking at her dead naked face") but also some wisecracking stuff, which I think he does very well. The stuff with Stiller at the end, the little things he said to Maggie when she was flirting with the shoe guy in the canteen and when they left the party.

Maggie I didn't like. Didn't like her performance, a lot of the stuff she was involved in was a bit too "Sitcom 101". Are her and the guy from the beginning talking about fucking a some 25 year old are in the rest of the series? I hope not.

It's got some bad reviews from people I've spoken to, but I think that's only because of how godlike The Office was.

Catherine Tate was pretty good, except for the Ginger thing. Never seen Absolute Power before, but I really liked it.

My God that was good, I actually far preferred it to The Office. They managed to get all the good bits of The Office's humour and throw them into an overall much better sitcom, it was excellent. It was also the funniest performance I have ever seen from Ben Stiller.

The Catherine Tate Show was shite, Absolute Power is absolutely hilarious.

I didn't think it was bad. It lacked a 'must see' quality the office had, but it had a few good bits, enough to make me watch next week.

'No bowel cancer for you.......'

ABSOLUTE POWER is back?!?!?!?!?! When is it on? Can I catch any episodes i've missed?

And Catherine Tate is about as unfunny as Lenny Henry. If not more so.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

Uuugh. Catherine Tate is a pile of shit. Aparently she's been kicking off that Little Britain nicked Vicky Pollard as well. Pity hers is rubbish.

My mam stopped the tape I'd put in at 10, so I missed Absolute Power which I'm absolutely gutted about. Has it still got the guy from first series of I'm Alan Partridge and early Teachers? He's ace.

Extras, pretty good. I'll be honest and say that even though I like the Office its aceness is really overblown compared to its rivals. Or as I prefer to call it, Phoenix Nights. But anyway, thought some segments of extras were class, especially the Starsky and Hutch line and the bit about Dodgeball at the start. The yellow people bit was a bit naff for me as it came across as something they'd wrote for the Office but never bothered with.

Edited by Colly