Worst Trades/Deals in Sports History...

Guest The Living Highlight

He had a recurrent injury. The regretfulness could be easily predicted. He wasn't bought because of the eurochamps either as the eurochamps where he had excelled were in 92 while he was bought by Leeds in 95. He was playing for Parma and was let go due to knee injury problems.

Well, my memory is pretty foggy about it, all I remember was that he had a horrid time in England. But it was pretty funny.

There have been some horrid trades in the history of professional sports but these ten just take the cake for me...(in no particular order)

10 Quebec trades the rights to Eric Lindros to Philadelphia for Peter Forsberg, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Ron Hextall, $15 million, and two first round draft picks.

9 Philadelphia trades Charles Barkley to Phoenix for Tim Perry, Andrew Lang, and Jeff Hornacek

8 Seattle trades Jason Varitek and Derek Lowe to Boston for Heathcliff Slocumb

7 Baltimore trades Pete Harnisch, Curt Schilling, and Steve Finley to Houston for Glenn Davis

6 New York trades Chuck Knoblauch to Minnesota for Cristian Guzman, Eric Milton, and Brian Buchanan

5 Houston trades the rights to Richard Jefferson, Jason Collins, and Brandon Armstrong to New Jersey for the rights to Eddie Griffin

4 Milwaukee trades the rights to Dirk Nowitzki and Pat Garrity to Dallas for the rights to Robert Traylor

3 Chicago trades Rafael Palmeiro and Jamie Moyer to Texas for Mitch Williams

2 Los Angeles trades Pedro Martinez to Montreal for Delino DeShields {this one hits home}

1 Dallas trades Herschel Walker to Minnesota for Jesse Solomon, Issiac Holt, Darrin Nelson, David Howard, Alex Stewart, Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (21), Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47), Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11), Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38), Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (40), Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71)

picks turned into DT Russell Maryland, RB Emmitt Smith, CB Kevin Smith, S Darren Woodson, and CB Clayton Holmes

WORST TRADE EVER...

6 New York trades Chuck Knoblauch to Minnesota for Cristian Guzman, Eric Milton, and Brian Buchanan

Considering that Knoblauch gave the Yanks much needed hitting and speed at 2B, and was easily one of the game's best 2nd baseman, and played a crucial role in their World Series win, I fail to see how this is one of the 10 worst trades in sports history.

Considering that Knoblauch gave the Yanks much needed hitting and speed at 2B, and was easily one of the game's best 2nd baseman, and played a crucial role in their World Series win, I fail to see how this is one of the 10 worst trades in sports history.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

The cubs trading away Dotrelle Willis, which can't be called a bad trade now, but will be in the futre probley.

Trading away Maddux wasn't smart either (he wanted to go though) but hey, we got him back.

Man, the Cubs and Vikings (my favorites) have made a lot of bad trades, that Hershell Walker one still makes me cringe.

Edited by TheTokenWhiteGuy

The Phillies have had some bad trades, but the one that always sticks out in my mind is the Ivan DeJesus deal. Philadelphia sent Larry Bowa, three minor league players, and, oh yeah, RYNE SANDBERG to Chicago, all for DeJesus. Great job there.

Of course, on the other side of the coin, you do have the Kevin Stocker to Tampa Bay for Bobby Abreu deal, so all is not lost.

Edited by TheHurk

The Walker trade was god-awful.

The end results of the trade after 1992:

Vikings

WR Jake Reed

Cowboys

RB Emmitt Smith

DT Russell Maryland

CB Kevin Smith

S Darren Woodson

CB Clayton Holmes

Players selected with the actual picks traded to Dallas:

1990 1st Round (#21)  TE Eric Green              (Pittsburgh)

1990 2nd Round (#47)  DT Dennis Brown        (San Francisco)

1990 6th Round (#158)  LB James Williams  (New Orleans)

1991 1st Round (#11)  OT Pat Harlow              (New England)

1991 2nd Round (#38)  DB Darryl Lewis  (Houston)

1992 1st Round (#13)  OL Eugene Chung        (New England)

1992 2nd Round (#40)  QB Matt Blundin        (Kansas City)

1992 3rd Round (#71)  RB Kevin Turner  (New England)

Edited by oldskool

The Herschel Walker deal will always stand as the worst trade ever. However, one for us Baltimoreans that still hurts is the legendary Glenn Davis trade. We got Glenn Davis and Houston got Curt Schilling, Steve Finley, Pete Harnisch, and someone else (I forget who, don't think he amounted for much).