WWF 1999 - After The Crash

Katsuya

Royal Rumble Preview

Coming to you LIVE on the 24th January 1999, the WWF presents the Royal Rumble. This year, things are becoming a lot more personal, and there are many stars looking to win the Royal Rumble match itself, as well as many more going on throughout the night. Here is a preview of all the matches as they stand.

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

KEN SHAMROCK & BIG BOSSMAN © V BLUE WORLD ORDER

Shamrock & Bossman have held the WWF Tag Titles for about a month now, and don't want to be losing them anytime soon. Having just scraped through a Tag Title match on Raw against the LOD thanks to Test giving them a DQ loss, they defenitely need this win to prove that they truly are the dominant team in the WWF. Their opponents on the other hand...well...what is there to say? Big Stevie Cool (Steven Richards) & Da Blue Guy (Blue Meanie) only earned the title shot when Stevie managed to convince the referee that he was the legal man during a 4 team tag match, allowing him to easily pin Scott Taylor who had just been knocked out by a Jeff Jarrett guitar shot. The bWo would love to win the titles, as would the crowd, but will the Corporation once again cheat to win this match?

BATTLE OF THE FORMER FRIENDS

ROAD DOGG V BILLY GUNN

- IN ORDER FOR ROAD DOGG TO WIN, HE MUST PIN GUNN 2 TIMES. GUNN MUST PIN DOGG ONLY 1 TIME.

It was on the 10th of January edition of Raw that Shawn Michaels asked Dogg and Gunn whether they wanted to join him in his version of DX, trying to steal them away from Triple H. Dogg was unsure, but Gunn was up for the change. Michaels then smashed Dogg with Sweet Chin Music, and made a match straight after that allowed Gunn to take the unconscious Dogg's Hardcore Title, and earn him a spot in the Rumble match. Then, later in the night Michaels revealed this match to Gunn. It might not suit Gunn, but for Road Dogg it gives him the opportunity to gain revenge on his friend that he trusted.

SUBMISSION STYLE OCTAGON CAGE

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

KEN SHAMROCK © V KANE

When Ken Shamrock and Vince McMahon decided to "take care" of things when Kane and Shamrock, both in the Corporation, were scheduled to have a match in a Heat Main Event, Kane overheard them. When the Corporation attacked Kane 7 on 1, he held on for as long as possible, but finally succumbed to the overwhelming forces until Mankind saved him. The next night, Shamrock challenged Kane to this match that suits him in more ways than one. First of all, Shamrock used to fight in the Octagon Cages all the time during Ultimate Fight matches. Second, Kane doesn't know any Submission moves, while Shamrock has his vicious Ankle Lock. Kane accepted the challenge by putting Shamrock through a table. These two massive forces are going to collide inside this amazing structure, with the winner walking out the IC Champion.

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

THE ROCK © V STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

When Vince McMahon decided to buy out his family's shares to strip Mankind of the WWF title and give it to The Rock, many people decided that they wanted a title shot one of them was Steve Austin, who has been a thorn in McMahon and Rock's side for the past few months. Austin won the title shot by defeating Undertaker and Mankind in a triple threat match. Since then, The Corporation has tried to wear Austin out by sending their forces after him. Test was the last one to fall by the wayside - but then Austin was attacked by the Undertaker. Will the Deadman interfere in this match, or will Austin win the WWF Title, or will it be The Rock who survives the night with his title intact?

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

ENTRANTS: (IN NO ORDER) KANE / TEST / X-PAC / UNDERTAKER / MANKIND / ANIMAL / HAWK / GOLDUST / KEN SHAMROCK / BIG BOSSMAN / GERRY BRISCOE / PAT PATTERSON / BIG STEVIE COOL / DA BLUE GUY / OWEN HART / JEFF JARRETT / BRADSHAW / FAAROOQ / JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER / ROAD DOGG / BILLY GUNN / TAZ / EARTHQUAKE - 7 MORE ENTRANTS YET TO QUALIFY

Perhaps the biggest match in the WWF Calendar, the Royal Rumble sees 30 of the WWF's superstars fighting it out to determine who will fight the WWF Champion at Wrestlemania XV. There are so many big names entered - Kane, Undertaker, Mankind, Ken Shamrock and the Legion of Doom to name a few. We'll see the debut of the ECW monster Taz. We only know of the entry position of 2 of the competitors, that being Undertaker at number one and Mankind at number 30. Of course, many people would say that gives Mankind the advantage, but in the past 11 Rumbles from the start of the match, no one has ever won from number 30, but many people will believe if anyone can do it, that will be Mankind. But don't count out Undertaker, because remember, Shawn Michaels won the Rumble in 1995 from number one. It's the most unpredictable match of the year, and that's why it's perhaps the most exciting.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wwfinside.com

SATURDAY LOADED RESULTS

Here are the results for the Saturday show of Loaded.

---George Steele walked out, and announced he had been made Commisioner of Loaded. He explained the rules of the Loaded Tag League. Matches last 10 minutes, and each fall counts as one point. If one team scores more falls they get an extra point.

Loaded Tag League: Edge & Christian def. J.O.B Squad (Christian gets 2 falls to give his team the win, with no falls scored for the J.O.B. The brothers get the second fall after Edge speared Holly with the referee not looking)

Loaded Tag League: The Hardy Boys def. Minnesota Stretching Crew (Hardy's just get a 2-1 win. Matt Hardy pins Benjamin with 6 seconds left on the clock to give the Hardy's the win)

League Standings

1= Edge & Christian - 3 Points

1= Hardy Boys - 3 Points

3 - Minnesota Stretching Crew - 1 Point

4 - J.O.B Squad - 0 Points

Kurrgan (w/ Jerry Lawler) def. Al Snow (Kurrgan wins when Lawler trips Snow up as he runs into the ropes. Kurrgan then kicks him in the gut and gives Al the Kurr-Gunned)

---Kurt Angle comes out before his match, and demands he is given a place in the Royal Rumble. George Steele then comes out, and says before Kurt goes anywhere he must get through Steele.

Kurt Angle def. Commisioner George Steele (Steele started to ram Kurt's head into the turnbuckle, but Kurt low blows Steele, exposes the turnbuckle and then hits Steele's head into the metal, then pinning him)

Loaded Championship: Val Venis def. Gangrel (Val wins the title and a Rumble spot when Edge & Christian come out, only for Kane to chokeslam both of them. This allows Val to nail the Money Shot and win the title)

The winner of the competition will have their superstar brought upto the main roster soon.

Sunday Night Heat Preview - 17/01/99

With 7 days to go before the Royal Rumble, the whole event is finally starting to take shape. Tonight on Heat, things are going to heat up even more between Shawn Michaels and Triple H, as we will see the end of the European and Hardcore Titles tonight, when they become unified into one. Billy Gunn, who turned his back on the rest of DX on Raw when he teamed with Michaels, will fight the European Champion, X-Pac - perhaps the most loyal member of DX to Triple H. No doubt the rest of DX on both sides will be watching this match closely, as well as the whole federation.

Shawn Michaels decided that he would make 2 Rumble qualifying matches as well for tonight. We will see The Dudley Boys going head to head with Droz and Albert, as well as a battle between two Japanese Superstars, when the Great Muta will fight Yoshihiro Tajiri. The Corporation will also be at hand, as Ken Shamrock said they had an announcement regarding the WWF Tag Titles. Mankind and Kane will also be here, so watch Sunday Night Heat for this and all more!

Confirmed Matches

WWF European & Hardcore Title Unification Match

X-Pac © V Billy Gunn ©

Royal Rumble Qualifier

The Great Muta V Yoshihiro Tajiri

Royal Rumble Qualifier

The Dudley Boyz V Droz & Prince Albert

wwfinside.com

CARDS REVEALED FOR LOADED SHOWS ON MONDAY & WEDNESDAY

We have just received the cards for the WWF Loaded Shows on Monday & Wednesday. Noticeably, Val Venis has been left off the Monday show, so expect him to be on Heat tonight or Raw tommorow, as his win in the Loaded Title Tournament entered him into the Royal Rumble. There are also 4 new wrestlers been brought up from OVW - Russ & Charlie Haas, Randy Orton (son of Bob Orton) & K-Krush

MONDAY CARD

Loaded Tag League: Minnesota Stretching Crew V Edge & Christian

Loaded Tag League: J.O.B Squad V The Hardy Boys

Kurrgan, Jerry Lawler & Randy Orton V George Steele & The Haas Brothers

Loaded Championship: Val Venis © V Lo-Ki

Grudge Match: Kane v Gangrel

WEDNESDAY CARD

Loaded Tag League: Minnesota Stretching Crew V J.O.B Squad

Loaded Tag League: Edge & Christian V The Hardy Boys

Randy Orton V K-Krush

Loaded Championship: Val Venis/Lo-Ki © V Kurt Angle

Kurrgan (w/ Jerry Lawler) V George Steele

wwfinside.com

MORE WWF RELEASES ANNOUNCED

The WWF have released more superstars to add to the list which already includes Public Enemy, Giant Silva, Duane Gill and Sable. Pete Gas (Development Worker), Terri Runnels (Manager) & Rodney (Development) were all let go. In a surprise move, the WWF did not release Joey Abs, another development worker who had been teaming with Rodney and Gas. This is believed to be down to the fact Abs has a good friendship with the Hardy Boys, who many believe are going to be brought up from the Loaded roster to the main roster soon. Also, Abs has shown much greater ring awareness and is classed as a much better wrestler than Gas and Rodney. Terri Runnels' release was more of a shock than the others though, but it is believed to be down to more and more arguments between herself and Dustin (Goldust) Runnels, her husband. The pair are set to be divorced soon however, and it was felt Dustin was a more valuable acquisition then Terri.

My Predictions:

KEN SHAMROCK & BIG BOSSMAN © V BLUE WORLD ORDER

ROAD DOGG V BILLY GUNN

- IN ORDER FOR ROAD DOGG TO WIN, HE MUST PIN GUNN 2 TIMES. GUNN MUST PIN DOGG ONLY 1 TIME.

KEN SHAMROCK © V KANE

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

THE ROCK © V STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

ENTRANTS: (IN NO ORDER) KANE / TEST / X-PAC / UNDERTAKER / MANKIND / ANIMAL / HAWK / GOLDUST / KEN SHAMROCK / BIG BOSSMAN / GERRY BRISCOE / PAT PATTERSON / BIG STEVIE COOL / DA BLUE GUY / OWEN HART / JEFF JARRETT / BRADSHAW / FAAROOQ / JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER / ROAD DOGG / BILLY GUNN / TAZ / EARTHQUAKE - 7 MORE ENTRANTS YET TO QUALIFY

I'm hoping Foley pulls out the win, setting up Foley vs. Austin at Mania because I see Austin getting a rematch at Rock next month at St. Valentines Day Massacre.

I love the card and love what you're doing. Good job!

Sunday Night Heat

17th January 1999

He's a Freakin' Gold Medallist!

The Coporation's music plays, and out come Ken Shamrock, Test, Big Bossman and Vince McMahon to start off Heat tonight. They walk to the ring, with McMahon looking annoyed, no doubt over the loss to Mankind, Kane & Quake. Noticeably, Shamrock has a small bit of tape wrapped round his ribs, but tries to hide that with his Tag and IC Titles. All 4 get in the ring, with Test holding the middle rope down for McMahon to get in. McMahon takes a microphone, and waits for the crowd to quiet down, but that doesn't happen. McMahon eventually speaks over them, as Test yells at the crowd to shut up.

McMahon: I am out here tonight, to reveal the NEW WWF Tag Team Champions!

This gets the crowd's attention, as McMahon nods his head. He takes the Tag Titles off Shamrock and Bossman, who don't seem at all bothered at this.

McMahon: You see, at the Royal Rumble, the tag team champions are scheduled to fight those freaks that call themselves the blue World order. Now, unfortunately, Ken Shamrock could not humanely fight 3 matches in one night, so I decided, with the help of the three men in the ring with me at this time, to strip Ken and Bossman of the Tag Titles, and award them to Test...and the Big Bossman!

Bossman and Test high five, as McMahon gives them the tag titles. Shamrock claps in the background as they put them round their waists, and McMahon laughs. Before he can speak though, he is cut off by music no one ever thought they would here again - Real American! The crowd go wild, but as the person walks out from behind the curtain, they suddenly boo as it's not Hulk Hogan. Instead, it's a man dressed in red, white and blue, and appears to have a medal of some sort around his neck. He has a microphone, and begins to speak, walking down to the ring at the same time.

Man: I am very, very sorry to have to interrupt you Mr. McMahon, but I think it is a travesty that I am not yet in the Royal Rumble. Now, judging by the look on your face, as well as the reaction from the crowd when I came out here just now, you don't know who I am. Well, I mean, you should really but...I am an Olympic Gold Medallist. I won my gold medal at the 1996 Olypmics in the wrestling competition. Yes, I am Kurt Angle. And what I want to say is...

Angle rolls into the ring, but instead of standing up, crawls over to Mr. McMahon and gets on his knees, pleading in some way.

Angle: Please, please, please can I join the Corporation and get in the Royal Rumble? I'm a really good wrestler, please, please!

Mr. McMahon just looks confused, as Angle gets on his feet

Angle: I mean, it'd look so good for you, you would get so much publicity! You would have a genuine gold medal winner on your team, it would make headlines all over the world! Just give me a chance to prove myself, I can beat anyone you want me too!

McMahon: Anyone? Well, here's a wild pick. Looking at the card backstage, it would seem that there is one person who wants a match in the main event, and nobody has took them up on the offer. If you can beat the person you will fight in tonight's main event in less than 5 minutes, then I will gladly sign you to into the Corporation and add you into the Royal Rumble match.

Angle: That's great, sign me up!

McMahon: Deal. Nice doing business with you Mr. Angle.

The Corporation leave the ring, as Angle looks puzzled.

Angle: Wait, Mr. McMahon, who am I fighting?

McMahon looks back into the ring and laughs.

McMahon: That's for me to know and you to find out Kurt.

Angle looks worried as the Heat opening credits begin to roll.

Royal Rumble Qualifier

The Great Muta V Yoshihiro Tajiri

Muta came out first, to a very good reaction from the crowd. Tajiri on the other hand got hardly any, mainly because his only work in the US to date had been a few small promotion feds, and then a few jobs on Raw back in 1997. Both men shook hands in the middle of the ring, before they both spewed green mist into the air, which got a pop from the crowd. Tajiri then clocked Muta with a kick to the head, sending the veteran staggering backwards into one of the corners. Tajiri walked over to Muta and began to lay some vicious martial art kicks, as Ross and Chimel put Tajiri over, explaining his vicious fighting style. In the ring, Muta grabbed Tajiri's leg as he tried to land another kick to Muta's ribs, and gave Tajiri a leg screw which sent him out of the ring. As Tajiri collected himself on the outside, Muta jumped over the rope, and much like his match with Liger, gave Tajiri a crossbody - but this time, Tajiri bashed his head into the guard rail, allowing more damage to be done. Muta then threw Tajiri back into the ring, and climbed the ropes for a Moonsault to end the match. Tajiri though got to his feet, jumped up the turnbuckle and landed a kick to the lower back of Muta, causing him to land in an undesireable position on the top rope. Tajiri took a few second to compose himself, before going to the top rope with Muta. It looked like Tajiri was going to try and give Muta a reverse DDT - but Muta sprayed mist into the young star's eyes! Tajiri slipped off the turnbuckle and landed flat on his back, as Muta stood up, before launching off with a Moonsault! Landind perfectly on Tajiri's chest, Muta got the 3 count and is entered into the Royal Rumble. Muta exited the ring, when Jushin Liger ran down. Liger didn't go for Muta though, and instead lifted Tajiri up and gave him a massive Liger Bomb, pointing at Muta afterwards. JR called Liger "despicable" and a "changed man" as we go to commercials.

Winner: The Great Muta

Royal Rumble Qualifier

The Dudley Boyz V Droz & Prince Albert

Droz & Albert were in the ring as we come back, and the Dudley Boyz's music begins to play. The fans boo Bubba Ray and D-Von as they come out, to which the Dudley's respond with by shouting words which cannot be put down here. The match begins as D-Von and Albert square off in the ring. Albert immediately tries to use his weight for advantage, tried to shoulder barge D-Von. D-Von simply steps out of the way, and Albert bounces into the ropes, and as he comes back ends up on the receiving end of a swinging neckbreaker. D-Von decides to conserve his energy and waits for Albert to get up himself before kicking him in the stomach and going for a DDT. Albert though manages to block the DDT, and instead lifts D-Von over his shoulder and slams him down that way. Albert then lays a big elbow drop to D-Von's ribs and goes for a pin. D-Von easily gets his shoulder up just after 2 though, but Albert doesn't stop there, and punches D-Von hard in the face, dizzying the Dudley brother. Albert then lifts D-Von up, then up over his head. Bubba realises his partner is in trouble, and deciding he doesn't want D-Von on the receiving end of a Press Slam, charges in the ring and tackles Albert, causing D-Von to land on top of Albert as all 3 men go to the ground. Droz rushes in to clear the ring of Bubba, but first kicks D-Von off Albert. This proves to be a big mistake though, as Bubba grabs Droz and gives him a big spinebuster, before throwing him out of the ring. Bubba shouts for the 3D, and D-Von whips Albert into the ropes. Albert doesn't feel like having the match ended right there though, and grabs the top rope to stop himself going back into the 3D. Bubba goes to clothesline him, but Albert lifts Bubba up and over - but Bubba lands on the apron. The referee doesn't notice this, allowing Bubba to low blow Albert, before pushing him into D-Von. D-Von once again whips Albert, as Bubba gets back in the ring. This time, the Dudleys nail the 3D, and D-Von covers Albert for the win, as Bubba keeps Droz out of the ring.

Winners: The Dudley Boyz

Learn Fast, Young Kane

From the ring, we cut to Mankind and Kane who are watching a monitor in a locker room. On the monitor is an Ultimate Fight match inside an Octagon Cage.

Mankind: Okay, this is what we're going to do. We have 2 shows left to get you ready for your match against Shamrock at the Royal Rumble. Now tonight, I have talked to Shawn Michaels, and I got an old friend to do me a favour. So you are going to be fighting a master of submission moves, so you can learn some off him, does that sound good?

Kane nods his head, and pulls his glove tighter over his hand.

Mankind: Now, I realise that you and the millions of viewers are wondering who you will be facing. I suppose I had better reveal it, so tonight it will be Kane fighting...Owen Hart! And guess what, the match is next, so get out there big man and give them hell...try to learn some things as well though.

The fans give a mixed reaction when Hart's name is read out, but Kane just nods his head in approval as we go to some video footage.

Raw Recap

End of the 4 Way Tag Match

Stevie then tagged out to Scott Taylor, and began to revive the referee. Hart meanwhile kicked Taylor in the gut, and Jarrett smashed the guitar over Taylor's head. Stevie meanwhile convinced the referee Jarrett had tagged himself out to Taylor and not Stevie! Jarrett and Hart argued to the referee as he tried to get them out of the ring. Stevie simply kicked Jarrett into Hart, and they tumbled to the outside, allowing Stevie to cover the unconscious Taylor, and win the match - the bWo get a Tag Title shot in their first competitive match on WWF TV!

Winners: bWo (Canadian Country & Acolytes also qualify for the Royal Rumble match)

End of Test / Austin

Test and Austin are looking at the symbol, when Test realises he's got a shot to win. He goes for the big boot, but Austin turns around just in time to grab Test's leg, spins him round and gives him the Stunner finally! Austin covers Test, and gets the 3 count much to the crowd's delight. Before Austin gets a chance to celebrate though, the lights go out. They come on about 5 seconds later, and Undertaker is behind Austin, holding a noose and leadpipe. Austin turns around and gets clocked by the pipe, knocking him out. Undertaker then wraps the noose around Austin's throat, and lifts him up. Taker then throws Austin over the rope, and basically hangs Austin! JR shouts for security, who turn up after around 15 seconds - 15 seconds too late according to Chimel. The lights go out straight away, and when they come back on Undertaker is gone from the ring.

Winner: Steve Austin

End of the 6 Man Tag Match

Quake then bodyslammed Rock in the middle of the ring, as Kane jumped off the apron and to Shamrock. An axe handle to the back of Shamrock's head sent him stumbling forward towards the announce tables. With the referee still down, Kane threw the top off the Spanish Announce Table. JR began to shout "No" as Kane grabbed Shamrock by the throat, then chokeslammed the IC Champion through the table! On the inside, Quake helped Mankind to his feet, then threw Rock to him. Mankind drilled Rock with his Double Arm DDT Finisher, then dragged the WWF Champ into the middle of the ring. Quake ran into the ropes, and as he got to Rock jumped in the air, then splashing Rock in the middle of the ring. The referee roused to see Mankind make the pin, and slowly but surely made the 3 count to give the faces the win! Raw went off the air with a shot of Kane staring at the fallen Shamrock.

Winners: Mankind, Kane & Earthquake

Kane V Owen Hart

The fans cheered as the lights went out in the arena, and the organ music began to play. The flames blasted off soon after, and out walked Kane. The big red machine looked confident, stepping over the top rope and into the ring, before raising his arms and setting off the pyro once again. "Enough is Enough" then played, and Owen Hart stepped out from behind the curtain. Hart walked quickly to the ring, sliding in and then going right after Kane with a kick, as his music cut away quickly and the bell rang. Hart's began to punch at the big man, but the shots seemed to have little effect. Kane eventually tired of Hart's punches, and grabbed his arm, before pulling Owen in close for a big uppercut. Owen grabbed his face and staggered around the ring. When he came to his senses and pulled his hand away, he was quickly knocked right back down again with a big boot by Kane, who then went for a pin. It seemed that Kane had the match won there and then, but Kane, remembering what Mankind had just said to him, pulled Hart up and let him off the hook for then. Chimel said that could prove a very costly mistake for Kane later on in the match, as the big man lifted Owen up, only to bodyslam back to the floor. The Big Red Machine went to pick Owen up again, but Hart fought back this time with a punch to the stomach. Another punch, followed by a third finally made Kane let go of Hart, but it proved only temporary, as Kane punched Owen hard in the head, sending him down to one knee. Kane grabbed Owen again, but the adrenaline was flowing in Hart's blood, and he fought back with a wave of punches and chops, sending Kane reeling. The fans actually cheered for Hart as he got to a standing base, as Owen grabbed Kane's arm. Owen twisted Kane's arm, then used the leverage to kick Kane hard in the ribs, which sent Kane down to the ground. Owen jumped up in the air, and drove his knee into Kane's arm, repeating it two more times, trying to do as much damage to Kane as possible. Owen then locked in an armbar, as Kane roared in pain, trying to wriggle his way over to the ropes. Kane eventually grabbed the rope, while Chimel reminded us that Kane not pinning Owen had come back to haunt him. Owen held the armbar on for as long as possible before getting disqualified, but as soon as he let go, he dragged Kane back into the ring and began to slam Kane's arm into the mat. Owen made a mistake of his own this time though by letting go of Kane temporarily. As he bent down to lock in another armbar, Kane shot his arm up and grabbed Owen by the throat. Slowly getting to his feet, choking Hart all the time, Kane then lifted Owen up over his head - but his arm gave way! Owen fell to the floor, but showed no signs of damage as he sweeped Kane's feet from under him, then grabbed Kane's legs! Despite Kane's struggling, Owen managed to lock in the Sharpshooter, right in the middle of the ring! Kane began to crawl over to the ropes, but as he got close, Owen walked forward back into the middle, stopping Kane from getting anywhere. Eventually, after about 30 seconds in the hold, Kane tapped out and Owen let go, falling to one knee as "Enough is Enough" began to play. The fans gave a good reaction to Owen, as he helped Kane to his feet before exiting the ring - as Kane set of his pyro. We go to commercials as Kane begins to leave the ring himself.

Winner: Owen Hart

Learn Fast, Young Kane - Part 2

As we go back to Heat, we are in Commisioner Michaels' office, where we see Michaels himself as well as Billy Gunn. Gunn is in his wrestling gear, jogging on the spot getting ready for his match with X-Pac up next.

Michaels: That's sorted then. Under no circumstances is Road Dogg allowed within 50 feet of the ring for the rest of the night. That way, he can't interfere in your match Billy and you can become the first ever WWF Genesis Champion.

Gunn: Catchy name. I'm going to the ring, see ya after the match.

Michaels: Okay, just remember to win, allright? Now, on to some more serious business. Now, I was thinking about Triple H. I thought that maybe he does deserve a chance to be entered into the Royal Rumble. But I don't know who he could fight in his qualifying match. Then it hit me. Listening to what Mankind was saying to Kane about how he needs to learn as much stuff as possible before his match with Shamrock at the Rumble. Well, he's learned his submission part just now...so how about the cage part? Therefore, tommorow night on RAW, in the main event, we will see Kane taking on Triple H in a cage and qualifying match. Enjoy the rest of the night folks.

WWF European Title & Hardcore Title Unification Match

- The winner becomes the first ever WWF Genesis Champion

X-Pac © V Billy Gunn ©

The fans cheered as the DX music began to play, and X-Pac walked out to the ring, holding his European Title over his head for the last time. Running to the ring, Pac did his crotch chops, then handed the title to the referee. "Ass Man" began to play, and out walked Gunn with the Hardcore Title. When he gets in the ring, he also gives the belt to the referee. Before the match even begins though, someone else walks down to the ring - Chyna. Gunn and Pac looked confused as to why she's down by ringside, but she just begins to circle the ring, as the bell rings. As soon as the bell rings though, more music begins to play, this time Kai En Tai's. Taka Michinouko walks out with a bandage wrapped round his head, as JR tells us Taka suffered a concusion during his match with Pac on Raw 2 weeks ago. Pac is distracted by this, allowing Gunn to kick him in the chest, and drill X-Pac with the Fameasser. As Gunn went to pin him though, more music began to play, and a very familiar voice shouted over the PA - "Oh You Didn't Know?" Gunn looks shocked, but Dogg doesn't turn up. Gunn takes a deep breath, as Pac gets to his feet. Before anything else happens though, Chyna charges into the ring with the Genesis Title Belt, and smacks Gunn with it, followed by Pac. The referee orders for the bell to be rung, and tells Howard Finkel that the match is a no contest due to interference. Taka then runs down and into the ring, kicking Chyna in the stomach, then giving her the Michinouko Driver! Before Taka gets a chance to celebrate though, X-Pac gets back up and kicks him in the ribs, as the two begin to brawl. Gunn then gets to his feet and starts brawling as well. Shawn Michaels appears on the titantron as they continue to brawl.

Michaels: Hey, hey! It would appear that this match isn't going to end up happening. Well, it's not going to happen as a singles match anyway. So how about this. As well as the big cage match main event tommorow night on Raw, we are going to see a 4 way match for the Genesis Title. It's going to be Billy Gunn V X-Pac V Chyna V Taka Michinouko. Is everyone happy? Good. Now get out of the ring so we can see Kurt Angle get destroyed by...let's keep the surpise for now.

Slowly but surely the wrestlers in the ring begin to get out and go backstage, as the crowd get ready for the Main Event.

Winner: No Contest

5 Minute Time Limit Match

Kurt Angle V ???

- If Angle wins the match within 5 minutes, he will earn a spot in the Royal Rumble and become a member of the Corporation.

"Real American" played again, but instead of the cheering like earlier in the night, the crowd booed Kurt Angle as he walked out. Angle looked extremely nervous as he got in the ring. The song faded out, and Angle watched the ramp, waiting for his opponent. But he should have looked behind him, as a hand broke through the mat. Another hand burst through, and began to rip through the mat, as out came none other than the UNDERTAKER! The fans went wild for the Undertaker, showing how much they disliked Angle already. Angle misjudged it as the fans popping for him. Taker got out of the hole in the ring, and stood behind Angle. The bell rung, and Angle slowly turned round, still unaware of Undertaker being behind him. As soon as he went face to face with Taker, the Deadman grabbed Angle and picked him up, before putting him in position for the Tombstone. Taker did a full 360 turn before dropping to his knees, planting Angle at the same time with the finisher. Taker placed a finger on Angle's chest, as the referee counted the 3. Taker smiled, as Chimel and JR said that Angle had lasted all of 9 seconds in the match, as Heat went off the air.

Winner: The Undertaker

wwfinside.com

WWF FOLLOW UP RELEASES WITH NEW SIGNINGS

After the recent wave of releases, it would appear the WWF were just clearing space for more wrestlers. The first signing was 28 Year Old Yoshihiro Tajiri, who debuted against Great Muta earlier tonight on Heat. This once again adds to the idea that the WWF are pushing their lightweight division - backed up by even more lightweights being signed. 17 Year Old Brian Danielson has been signed from Shawn Michaels' Training Camp. Danielson is expected to remain in Ohio Valley Wrestling for a long time though, as he is still very green. 29 Year old David "Kid" Cash has been around on the indy wrestling scene for around 3 years now, and is expected to go to Loaded soon.

Other signings were ex-WCW star Glacier, last seen in WCW at the start of December last year. 25 year old Sean O'Haire is a kickboxer/karate style fighter, also with very little actual wrestling experience. He's expected to be in OVW for a while as well. Finally, is a more interesting signing - that of Nora "Mona" Greenwald. It's unexpecred because of the release of Terri Runnels and Sable, with many people believing that WWF were pushing less for actual talent in women, something Greenwald has been heavily credited for.

wwfinside.com

RESULTS FOR MONDAY'S LOADED SHOW

We have the results from Monday's Loaded show.

Loaded Tag League: Minnesota Stretching Crew drew Edge & Christian (2 falls each, with Lesnar scoring both falls for the MSC. Benjamin seemed to injure his knee, but walked to the back unassisted)

Loaded Tag League: The Hardy Boys def. J.O.B Squad (Hardy's win 1-0, delivering their Event Omega finisher to Scorpio at around the 7 minute mark. Both teams shake hands after the match is over.)

League Standings

1= Edge & Christian - 5 Points

1= Hardy Boys - 5 Points

3 - Minnesota Stretching Crew - 3 Point

4 - J.O.B Squad - 0 Points

---Jerry Lawler comes out with Kurrgan, and says that if his team wins tonight, then Kurrgan's match with George Steele on Wednesday will determine whether Steele or Lawler is the Loaded Commisioner

Kurrgan, Jerry Lawler & Randy Orton def. George Steele & The Haas Brothers (Lawler grabbed his crown and hit Charlie Haas with it, pinning him while Kurrgan and Steele fought up the ramp. Steele charged back in the ring, but just missed saving the pinfall)

Loaded Championship: Val Venis © def. Lo-Ki (The match went about 20 minutes, and it looked like Ki would win on numerous occasions. Val eventually gets the fall by giving Ki the Money Shot)

---Kane was coming out for his match against Gangrel when Edge & Christian tried to jump him. The Hardy Boys ran out and attacked E&C before they could do any damage.

Grudge Match: Kane def. Gangrel (Gangrel tried as hard as possible to stay in the match, but Kane eventually chokeslammed him. He followed up with a Tombstone, and got the pinfall to finally put away Gangrel)

Raw is War Preview - 18th January 1999

Tonight's Main Event is going to be massive, as two of the biggest forces in the WWF collide inside a steel cage. Kane will fight Triple H, in a match made by Shawn Michaels on Heat last night. It's designed to give Kane practice before his Octagon Cage match at the Royal Rumble against Ken Shamrock. If Triple H manages to survive Kane and win the match, then he will gain a place in the Royal Rumble. No doubt the Corporation, Mankind, DX and Michaels will all be watching the match very close, as all have a link in someway to the competitiors. Be sure to tune into Raw tonight to see who manages to survive this brutal match.

The WWF Genesis Title will be decided in a fatal four way match as well. Billy Gunn, Chyna, X-Pac and...Taka Michinouko will fight each other to decide who becomes the first ever holder of this championship. The WWF Lightweight Title will also be fought over tonight. It was on Heat last night that Great Muta defeated Yoshihiro Tajiri to earn a spot in the Royal Rumble. Post match though, Jushin Liger, the Lightweight Champion demolished Tajiri with a Liger Bomb, no doubt sending a message to Muta. All 3 men will be in a triple threat match to determine the champion.

Confirmed Matches

Cage & Qualifying Match

Kane V Triple H

WWF Genesis Title

Billy Gunn V X-Pac V Chyna V Taka Michinouko

WWF Lightweight Title

Jushin Thunder Liger © V The Great Muta V Yoshihiro Tajiri

Edited by Katsuya

Here comes the big ass review.

WWE 1999 REVIEW

Sunday Night Heat – 3rd January 1999

Coming straight out by stripping Mankind of his championship (one day before he actually won it in real life :P) via wwf.com is interesting to say the least. It is the type of thing they’d do in this era of reality in WWE in 2005. Kane vs. Blue Meanie is the definition of squash match – especially when Kane’s entrance is longer than the match itself. Triple H’s interview actually shows a glaring omission. While Mankind’s title loss has been declared on wwf.com, there’s been no notable reference on the show itself yet so casual fans might not know what you’re talking about. Triple H says he’s going to win, etcetera. Tag Team turmoil was a good match. Billy Gunn made LOD job big time by himself, maybe Road Dogg was too drunk to wrestle. Hopefully this is a Billy Gunn push rather than lazy booking. Then the fight between CC and New Age Outlaws turns into a clusterfuck with the Dudley Boyz invited. No contest. Four way tag match on Raw? Back come LOD and in come Acolytes to further provide us with all out brawling – woo yay. Shawn Michaels says that there will be a battle royal on Raw. Don’t blame you doing this really – a battle royal is hard to write, but a five side tag team match would be hell. Main event time and it all basically leads to Shawn Michaels taking advantage of being a commentator, cheers on Shamrock, but suddenly – he kicks the shit out of Shamrock for another DQ. But then, as if one swerve wasn’t enough, when Michaels and Triple H do a DX pose, Michaels kicks Triple H! Okay, this show had one DQ, one no-contest, one clean pinfall and one squash – which is very WWF to me, which is good. I just hope you don’t fall into DQ-in-main-event habits. What is interesting is that the final swerve is the reverse result of what happened when DX were going to reform in June 2002 – deliberate or not, it was cool.

Booking Rating: ***

Monday Night Raw – 4th January 1999

Shawn Michaels is making my brain hurt. So to establish, he’s against the Corporation and against Triple H. Guess that means he’s a tweener. Still no actual reference to Mankind losing his title – you need the reference because 95% of the fans back then probably had no internet. Onto the battle royal, the winner’s team face the champs later on. This is a generic battle royal with slightly surprising booking – deciding to eliminate three whole teams and leaving the two of the Dudleyz and LOD in. My problem with that is you have a team who debuted last night versus a team who lost last night. I’m glad the team that lost (LOD) won though – I think the Dudleyz winning too soon could equal lack of ideas for the future. Al Snow vs. Test was a good, clean squash. Mankind/Michaels segment. Mankind is taking his title loss a bit too easily… At least it’s been referred to now. X-Pac/Taka lightweight action… This time I’ve seen an injury ending being booked but oh well. Lawler going out with Taka is weird to say the least – although it’s a year before it happened, Jerry couldn’t stop laughing when Taka got injured at Royal Rumble 2000. Shawn Michaels gets beaten up – so now he’s a babyface… Right. The tag team match was good but the screwjob DQ came as soon as LOD were going to win it. Mankind comes out and destroys everybody. Wasn’t really worth a tag team turmoil match and a battle royal for the build-up. Triple H interview talking about Shawn Michaels… Shawn is now a heel. Okay, I get that he’s a tweener but he’s playing the bad guy in one major storyline and the good guy in another major storyline. I’ll probably cover this more in my final thoughts. Main event and Vince brings out some lumberjacks for The Rock, because they will be fair when they pick who faces him at the Royal Rumble. Within the clusterfuck of it all, LOD and the Ministry attack the Corporation and Stone Cold wins so he faces The Rock, Undertaker is #1 and Mankind is #30. I’m going to nitpick here. Shawn Michaels shouldn’t be in two storylines at once. Turning on the corporation and turning on Triple H should have happened far apart from each other – because now Shawn is the top face and top heel from the looks of it. The tag team division is slightly messy at the moment and the DQ victory cancelled out the earlier battle royal and tag team turmoil big time. The main event was pure Russo booking. In come the lumberjacks, who get into a massive fight and leave the competitors at it. My problem with the main event is that Mankind has had little attention so far within your booking and Austin and Undertaker have had no attention – at all. Hopefully everything will be smoother pretty soon.

Booking Rating: **1/2

**I like the concept of Loaded – keeping the lower-carders who can’t be fit into Heat and Raw busy.**

Sunday Night Heat – 10th January 1999

First up on Heat, Duane “From the creators of Billionaire Ted” Gill. He faces none other than Liger for the title. Squash match, title change and a brainbuster on the belt to scream out: “LIGER IS A HEEL”. Kane vs. Shamrock, both are corporation, Vince doesn’t want Kane to win. Either Shawn booked this one, or there was a huge mess-up. WWE Slam of the Week is false advertising. There is never a slam. Can’t they rename it “Incident of the Week” or is incident to difficult for short-spanned watchers to understand? Goldust defeats Droz in a ‘we’re never gonna win Royal Rumble qualifier’. LOD defeats the Dudley Boyz in a good match. LOD should hopefully get that title shot at the Royal Rumble. And then here come… The Blue World Order??? Without Nova too. They come in and destroy the LOD, and then the tag team division became confusing again. Triple H gets his paycheck by getting laid out. Shawn Michaels is now a heel again :P. I do realise at this point, he is a tweener, but he is definitely being booked as a face/heel which is original I guess. Main event. Kane can look definitely angry with his mask on! No match ever happened, whatever. So at the moment, we’re two weeks away from the Royal Rumble – Steve Austin, the #1 contender and The Rock, champion, haven’t had promos… Shawn Michaels is switching back and forth and the tag team division has LOD as the obvious contenders, but they’re getting beat down by debutees. At least Gill dropped the belt.

Booking Rating: **

**You fired Duane Gill. Ha!!! So long Gill!**

**From the look of the Raw card, LOD are now out of the tag team title contenders race. What?**

**The end of the Hardcore division… It started? Good to see the Lightweight division, which let’s face it was to contend with the WCW Cruiserweight division but failed is getting a deserved push. Good job.**

Monday Night Raw – 11th January 1999

Jushin Liger vs. The Great Muta! Fantastic! Great opener between the Japanese superstars, the low blow finish didn’t really affect it. Ken Shamrock challenges Kane at the Rumble – very gutsy, but of course it’s in a UFC style fight. Very good booking idea. I wonder what will be announced on, as the Germans call it, Sonntag Nacht Heat. With Mankind – a bit pointless… An old costume??? Maybe he’s speaking to Dude Love. :P Meanwhile, here comes Shawn Michaels. Heel or face, let’s find out! First mention of Triple H, heel. The New Age Outlaws must decide if they’re with Triple H or Shawn. Billy picks Shawn, Dogg picks Triple H, Dogg gets superkicked for his troubles. Then a Hardcore title match is made, right then, right now, screwjob finish – new champion. In this situation, I am curious whether or not HBK as a less-evil twin as Michaels makes no reference to Vince McMahon and his stooges at all. Good segment though. Clusterfuck time… Oh, four way tag team match, right. It was a very good match and, a bit predictably, the Blue World Order get the title shot. I’m still unhappy that the LOD were not in the match and in this case – nowhere to be seen. Undertaker finally gets airtime and rants about Austin. Ummm… Austin vs. Rock at pay per view, maybe Undertaker should have said something else. Backstage with Gunn and Michaels as they try to arrange the Royal Rumble. They mention signing Tajiri to the WWF, SUPERW00T! Hmmm… The segment seemed a bit like you trying to make a map of your head to determine how you will get the guys into the Royal Rumble. Slightly pointless, but Road Dogg vs. Billy Gunn announced made up for it. Steve Austin beats Test, no surprise there. But then, The Undertaker clocks Steve. Sigh, Rock – Austin – Royal Rumble. Either The Undertaker is in that match too, or this is too early build-up for St Valentine’s Day Massacre or Wrestlemania. Taz is introduced. Good signing. Why do I get a feeling that loads of ECW guys will come in? Anyway, Taz’s introduction is a spur of the moment thing like Tajiri’s signing was – could have done with a bit more build-up, but ECW back then wasn’t as big as it would be in late 1999 when they got a national TV deal so it was for the best. Main event and the mystery partner is… Earthquake? Wow. Unexpected, could be great though. Mankind ends up making the clean pinfall on Mr Rock. I guess Austin was nowhere to be seen because of the pipe – but Austin vs. Rock needs tons more build-up. Nevertheless, a good show with good matches.

Booking Rating: ***1/2

**Loaded seems to be picking up. Rookie Kurt Angle is killing two guys at once, X-Pac is successfully defending titles and… Ummm… Gangrel pinned Kane, due to interference by Edge… Gangrel vs. Shamrock at the Rumble anybody?**

**The tag team concept is good for the next Loaded show, it’s like scoring in a football (soccer league) in a way… And Val Venis is the Loaded champion. Me thinks Angle will get into a program with Venis.**

Sunday Night Heat – 17th January 1999

The show begins with Ken Shamrock giving his part of the Tag championships to Test. But as soon as that happens, Real American plays. HOGAN?!?!?! Nope… Kurt Angle, now that would have made great television! The way Angle sells himself and then follows up with: “PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE” is absolutely hilarious. And Kurt can get into the Corporation and the Royal Rumble if he beats his secret opponent later. Another Japanese match, this time between Muta and Tajiri. Ross and Chimel putting over Tajiri’s style is good, but they obviously forget that most Japanese wrestlers are very stiff – wrestling a style that tries to put itself over as real. Muta gets the clean win with the moonsault. Suddenly, Liger comes out and attacks Muta. Liger isn’t really a changed man though as JR says, he destroyed Duane Gill into TV-retirement on his first night. The tag match between the Dudleyz and Droz/Albert is pretty standard. Good to see the Dudleyz pick up their first standard tag team match win. Mankind with Kane, in order to learn submission moves, Kane is shoved into a match with Owen Hart. Talk about going in the deep end. Kane vs. Owen was a fantastic match. The booking here was superb, having Kane tap out cleanly. It shows Kane has a weakness towards submission wrestling that he must overcome. Kudos… Meanwhile, a unification match out of the blue? Bleh. X-Pac vs. Billy Gunn for the title never really happens due to all of the interference. Tomorrow night on Raw, it’ll be Gunn vs. Pac vs. Chyna vs. Taka. I would say that it’s good to see intergender matches, but Chyna’s tests to see what sex she was came back inconclusive. Main event time and Angle faces… The Undertaker??? Wow. Good choice. Angle tries his hardest, nine seconds later, Undertaker wins the squash match. End of show. Your booking is becoming wiser, but please start building up to the pay per view. I know it’s only Heat – but you have to start concentrating on matches like Rock vs. Austin. Can’t really complain thus far. Good show.

Booking Rating: ***1/2

*Kid Kash signed, Glacier signed, Sean O’ Haire signed. Cool.**

**Loaded Tag championships are going well. Edge and Christian and the Hardyz are tying. They face each other next time too, YUS! Val Venis successfully defends and Kane gets his own back on Gangrel, thank god. Loaded is turning from an experiment to it’s own federation! Great!**

Okay that’s it. My recommendations are to build-up more to your pay per view, try not to create two angles a time for one wrestler (Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin are guilty of this) and please don’t make the tag team division messy again.

I’m done for now.

Edited by ChrisTheHornyBrick

Raw is War

18th January 1999

---Opening Credits---

Jim Ross: Welcome to Raw is War folks, coming to you live from a sold out Fleet Center here in Boston.

Tony Chimel: We have got an explosive night here on Raw, as Kane and Triple H fight inside a steel cage, and a big four way to determine the first ever WWF Genesis Champion.

Jim Ross: And we are kicking off with what is sure to be an explosive triple threat for the WWF Lightweight Title, as Yoshihiro Tajiri and The Great Muta try to wrest the title from the hands of this new evil and despicable Jushin Thunder Liger.

WWF Lightweight Title

Jushin Thunder Liger © V Yoshihiro Tajiri V The Great Muta

Tajiri was the first out, and actually got some recognition from the crowd, who had obviously seen his match against Muta the night before. Speaking of Muta, he followed Tajiri out to the ring, but before he even got halfway down the ramp, Liger rushed down and took him out with a big clothesline, sending him to the steel floor hard. Liger began to stomp on Muta, but Tajiri, out for revenge for Liger's attack on him the night before, jumped up to the top rope, then leaped up to give Liger a massive dragonrana onto the ramp. This sent the fans crazy, as Tajiri dragged Liger down to near the edge of the ring. He then grabbed the ring edge, pushed himself up then springboarded back with a moonsault, nailing Liger in the chest. Before Tajiri could do anything else though, Muta got up and kicked him into the steps nearby head first. For good measure, Muta slammed Tajiri's face into the steel as well, before rolling him into the ring. Instead of going right into the ring after Tajiri though, Muta climbed up to the top rope. Tajiri slowly got to his feet, then turned round as Muta launched himself off. Grabbing Tajiri's head, he forced his face into the point of Muta's knee with a big impact, sending Tajiri flying backwards onto his back, clutching his face as the bell finally rang to start the match. Muta took a second to pause in the corner for a breather, but went right back to work on Tajiri after that. A foot to the back of Tajiri's neck stunned the Japanese star long enough for Muta to lift him up, then quickly drop him again with a snap suplex. With Tajiri in the perfect place for a moonsault, Muta began to climb the ropes. Liger watched from the outside as Muta got to the top, then shot off for his high-flying finisher. At the last possible second, Liger grabbed Tajiri's leg and pulled him out of the ring, causing Muta to crash and burn chest first onto the mat. Liger, realising his opportunity sent Tajiri into the steel steps with an irish whip, then rolled into the ring and covered Muta. Somehow though, Muta managed to get his shoulder up before the referee counted the three, much to Liger's annoyance. Liger then went to finish the match another way, lifting Muta onto his shoulders for a Liger Bomb. Muta though began to punch away at the skull of Liger, staggering the Lightweight Champion long enough for Muta to deliver a massive hurricarana. That wasn't all though, as Muta landed on top of Liger, and hooked his leg for a pin! Liger somehow managed to shift his weight though and reverse it into a sunset flip style pin. Of course, Liger wanted to make sure things ended there and then, so he put his feet on the middle rope to give himself the extra leverage and the victory! Liger bolted out of the ring and snatched his tite before high tailing it up the ramp, away from the obviously pissed off Muta.

Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger

Tony Chimel: I have a feeling it's only a matter of time until The Great Muta finally beats Liger for that title, because surely the champion's luck has got to run out soon.

Jim Ross: You have to hope so, because Liger is getting away with his actions easily! Folks, we're going to take a commercial break, but when we come back the number one contender's to the tag titles, the bWo are going to be in action!

---Commercials---

One More Chance!

"Real American" begins to play in the arena, but only a small amount of the crowd cheer, obviously hoping that it is Hulk Hogan, and not the man who stepped out moments later from behind the curtain - Kurt Angle. Angle seemed to be nervous about something, as he hurried down to the ring, where he took a microphone from Howard Finkel.

Angle: Okay, last night, I got defeated by The Undertaker. Now, I realise that I said that I could beat anybody in the WWF within 5 minutes, and that didn't happen, but I have a very good reason for that! You see, I meant to say I could last 5 minutes with anyone in the WWF. And, seeming as how I didn't even know that I would be fighting Undertaker. In fact, I only realised I was fighting him when he gave me the Tombstone, because he cheated and came up through the ring! It's not fair, and I think, and I'm sure you people are thinking the same thing, that I deserve another chance to join the Corporation. So Mr. McMahon, come out here...if you're not busy that is, because I don't want to interrupt you as you work. I mean, you're excellent at working, if it weren't for you I wouldn't be standing in this ring today an-

Angle is cut off by the music of the Corporation. However, it's not Mr. McMahon who comes out, it's the Stooges, Patterson & Briscoe.

Angle: You two aren't Mr. McMahon!

Patterson: We know that Kurt, but Mr. McMahon told us to come out here. Now, I have a message that he wanted us to pass on to you. Now, Mr McMahon likes the way that you keep on coming back, and therefore he is going to give you a second chance. This time though, he's going to play by your rules.

Briscoe: You see, you only have to last 5 minutes against a WWF Superstar, just like you said you could Kurt. If you win, then you are in the Corporation and also in the Royal Rumble. As well as that, we are going to tell you who your opponent is tonight.

Angle: Who is it? Who is it!?

Briscoe: It's Stone Cold Steve Austin!

The fans go wild at the mention of Austin's name, as The Corporation music plays once again. Angle looks terrified in the middle of the ring, as we leave to a backstage area.

A Blue Room

The bWo are standing outside a room, which is soon identified as there locker room, due to the small plaque saying "Blue World Order" on it. Big Stevie Cool looks as it, and shakes his head.

Big Stevie: These people obviously don't know who we are. We are not the type of people you identify with a plaque. We are the type of people who you identify with spray paint! Meanie, get a can of the bag.

Blue Meanie-er, Da Blue Guy passes Big Stevie a spray can, and Stevie sprays the letters "bWo" on the front of the locker room.

Da Blue Guy: That's the way the bWo do things!

Too Much V Blue World Order

Jim Ross: Well that's certainly an interesting way to mark your territory I guess.

Tony Chimel: Let's face it, they could have done something much, much worse. Anyway, now we've got this tag match between the Blue World Order and Too Much. Now remember it was last week that Scott Taylor was pinned by Big Stevie Cool, meaning the bWo won the tag title shot, but also meant that Too Much won't be in the Roya Rumble, so there's alot of emotion in this match.

Too Much's music plays, and they come dancing out to ringside. The crowd don't really give them a reaction, but Christopher and Taylor try their hardest to get something out of them. The Blue World Order then come out, and easily get the best reaction of the night so far. Instead of going into the ring though, they jump into the crowd and sit down in some empty chairs amongst the fans. They begin to talk amongst each other, while Too Much stare at them in shock. Eventually, they get tired of waiting for the bWo, and jump out of the ring - only for Big Stevie & Blue Guy to throw ice cubes into their face! The bWo jump over the barrier, and begin to punch away at the stunned and dazed Too Much, before Stevie rolled Christopher into the ring, and followed as the bell rang. Christopher though got to his feet before Stevie fully got in the ring, and landed a foot to the head of Stevie, before pulling him to his feet and whipping him into the ropes. Christopher then went for a clothesline, but Stevie ducked under, and as Christopher turned round he nailed the Stevie Kick! Stevie pointed to Blue Guy, who was already climbing to the top rope. With Stevie holding Christopher down, Meanie jumped off the top with a splash, crushing Christopher underneath. Meanie rolled off, and counted to 3 along with the crowd and referee as Stevie pinned Christopher. The bWo began to celebrate, when Bossman and Test run down the ramp and into the ring. Bossman charges at Stevie, and smashes his over the head with his nightstick. Blue Guy sees it hapenning, and turns round - only to get decked by a massive big boot from Test that nearly takes his head off. Test and Bossman laugh at the fallen bWo, with the camera zooming in on Stevie to show he is bleeding from the head.

Jim Ross: Damnit, that's not right! Someone get the Corporation out of there, they have no business in that ring!

Test and Bossman take no notice though, as Test lifts Blue Guy up. He throws Blue Guy into Bossman, and he smashes the nightstick over Blue Guy's head as well. The Corporation pose with their title belts, then leave the ring as some agents run down to help the bWo.

Winners: Blue World Order

Finally...

Shawn Michaels is backstage in his office, flipping through a bunch of papers that are on his desk. Billy Gunn walks in to the room, and Michaels looks at him.

Gunn: What do you want Shawn? I have my match coming up, and I really need to get ready now.

Michaels: I need your advice on a couple of things. First of all, I need another match for the Rumble. I was thinking about having a match that's been building up for the past couple of weeks. So, I have decided that we will see The Great Muta and Jushin Thunder Liger fighting for the WWF Lightweight Title. What do you think?

Gunn: If it pleases you then yes Shawn. What's the other thing?

Michaels: Well...it's this. It's regarding one of the entrants into the Royal Rumble. A mystery entrant.

Michaels passes Gunn one of the papers on the desk. Gunn looks at it, and after about 5 seconds, starts to laugh.

Gunn: Shawn, you are a genius. I remember why I joined you now.

Shawn:Well, I suppose it's that and the fact I have once again got Road Dogg banned from ringside for your match tonight.

---Commercials---

5 Minute Challenge

- Kurt Angle must survive 5 minutes with Steve Austin to join the Corporation and get a spot in the Royal Rumble.

Kurt Angle V Steve Austin

Tony Chimel: Wow, we have Jushin Liger and Great Muta confirmed for the Rumble now, as well as all the other matches.

Jim Ross: It's going to be a wild night on Sunday, that's for sure. But right now, we are going to get to see Kurt Angle get demolished by Steve Austin, please God.

"Real American" played, and for the second time in the night out walked Kurt Angle, once again to boos from the crowd. Angle rolled in the ring, and looked down the ramp, looking nervous at the task ahead of him. As usual, the crowd goes nuts as the Glass Shatters, and out from the back walks Steve Austin. Austin walks to the ring, and as he gets on the apron, flips the bird to Angle. Angle responds by rushing Austin, but ends up getting kicked in the gut before he lands a single punch. The bell rings, and a little clock appears in the corner of the TV Screen with "5:00" on it, which begins to count down as Austin goes for the Stunner straight away. Angle manages to push Austin into the ropes to escape, then goes for a schoolboy. Austin easily kicks out, and Angle slides to the outside. Austin gets up, and stares at Angle, who doesn't seem to be getting back in the ring anytime soon. With the clock still running down, Austin decides to go after Angle on the outside. This begins a running race round the ring, with Angle eventually ducking inside the ring, followed by Austin. Angle tries to jump Austin back in the ring, but Austin simply smashes Angle in the mouth with a punch. More blows to the head and body of Angle, and he ends us backed into the corner, where Austin begins to pound him to the mat. Austin begins to choke Angle with his boot at the clock gets to "2:40", when he drags Angle to his feet. A bodyslam put Angle down, followed by an elbow to the face of the Gold Medallist. In a last minute desperation move, Angle low blowed Austin with the referee not looking. With Austin down, Angle crawled over to the ropes and rested in the corner, all the while looking at the clock tick down to "1:30". Austin began to get to his feet, so Angle laid some forearms across Austin's back. Austin replied with a strong punch to the stomach. Angle replied with a chop - Austin replied with another punch. This went on about 5 more times, until Austin grabbed Angle's arm to block the next chop. Angle broke free, and both men clotheslined each other, knocking both down with 45 seconds left. Both men slowly got up with 30 seconds on the clock. Angle went for a German Suplex, as he got up before Austin, but Austin blocked, spun round and drilled Angle with a Stunner! Austin covered Angle with 15 seconds left on the clock! 1...2..-Angle managed to get his foot on the ropes! Austin, thinking fast, cloked Angle right in the face with a punch, then dragged Angle away from the ropes, covering him again - 1...2..BUZZ.3! Angle manages to last 5:01, and is in the Rumble and Corporation! Austin sits up, and shakes his head, before asking for a beer from ringside. He catches his beer, then falls to the ground hard, as the sickening smack of Rock's chair shot rings through the arena.

Jim Ross: What the hell? The Rock came out of nowhere and smashed a chair over the head of Stone Cold!

Tony Chimel: I think he came through the crowd. Wait a minute, he's got a microphone, and it looks like he's ready to talk!

Another Enemy

The Rock: I am here to make something very clear. The Rock is disgusted that I have not had a match since the start of this month. I mean, I don't care whether you people couldn't care less about me, because I have friends in much higher places. And those friends need to be kept happy, and if I don't appear on a weekly basis round here, then they get upset. That means I get less commercials, less major TV show deals, hell, I could have Jean Claude Van Whatshisname picked over me in a movie. Therefore, Steve Austin, I am going to make sure that at the Royal Rumble, the whole world sees why I am the Greatest star in the WWF. If you smelllllllllll...what the Rock...is cooking.

Rock throws the microphone down onto the fallen Austin, as Kurt Angle gets to his feet. Rock stops in front of Angle, and looks like he's going to hit him. Instead, Rock shakes Angle's hand, and the two of them walk backstage together.

---Commercials---

WWF Genesis Title

Fatal Four Way (First Fall Wins)

Billy Gunn V X-Pac V Chyna V Taka Michinouko

Out first for this four way was Taka Michinouko, being accompanied to the ring by Sho Funaki. Chyna came out next to the DX music, walking confidently to the ring and then inside. The DX music continued to play, as out came X-Pac. Pac did his crotch chops, then rolled into the ring. Pac went over to Chyna, and began to talk to her in the corner. Finally, "Ass Man" began to play, and Billy Gunn walked out - when Road Dogg ran out from behind the curtain and jumped Gunn! Meanwhile, in the ring, Taka nailed Pac with a dropkick, knocking Pac through the top and middle ropes to the outside. Taka went to follow Pac, but was kicked in the ribs by Chyna. A DDT dropped Taka, as security finally ran out to pull Dogg off Gunn. Billy began to yell at the security to "throw that piece of trash in jail", before he made his way to the ring. On the outside with X-Pac, Funaki went to attack him with the referee to distracted by Gunn & Dogg. Instead, Pac kicked Funaki in the ribs, then delivered another kick to the ribs. This allowed Pac to nail the X-Factor on Funaki, taking him out of the match. Back in the ring, Chyna lifted Taka up and gave him a Fisherman's Suplex. Holding Taka's leg for the pin, Chyna seemed to have the pin for an eternity, but with the referee still distracted, it proved to be a worthless attempt. Chyna let go of the hold, and spun the referee round, verbally berating him for not seeing her pin. Before she could finish her verbal assault though, the referee pushed her out of the way to count for X-Pac, who was pinning Taka! Chyna went to go and break the fall up, but Gunn grabbed her foot from the outside, causing her to land hard on the mat. Gunn rolled in, then ran over to Pac to kick him off Taka at the count of 2. Gunn then lifted Pac up off the mat, and landed a knee to the gut, followed by a headbutt, then a bulldog. Gunn lay on top of Pac for the cover, but this was broken up by Chyna, who looked very annoyed after Gunn's trip on her. Chyna showed some amazing strength, as after a few stomps to Gunn's chest, lifted him up and gave him a massive fallaway slam. This was followed up by a DDT, then an elbow drop. Before she could even think about a cover though, Taka charged forward and smashed Chyna in the head with a forearm, which he followed up with a big spinning backdrop. Taka didn't seem interested in going for the pin though, and instead focused his attention on X-Pac, who was just about getting to his feet. Taka kicked him in the chest, which he followed up with a massive enziguri kick to the side of Pac's head. With all 3 of his opponents down, Taka had a choice of what to do next. Obviously still enraged over what had happened two weeks before, Taka grabbed Pac by the hair, which the referee warned him about. Taka then suplexed Pac...sort of. Instead, he ended up crotching Pac on the top rope - just like what had happened in their last match. Taka jumped up onto the turnbuckle, and jumped off, grabbing Pac's neck. Taka slammed onto the mat back first, but due to Pac's position, his back contorted before springboarding off the ropes, and to the floor outside. Pac looked genuinely unconscious, but Taka showed no concern, turning right round - into a kick from Gunn, which he followed up with by drilling Michinouko with a Fameasser. Chyna got up, and went for Gunn, but she ended up on the receiving end of a spinebuster. Gunn began to celebrate his victory abit early, before lazily putting one foot on top of Chyna. Suddenly, Road Dogg came bursting back out, followed by a bunch of security! Dogg jumped up on the apron, and landed about 3 punches on Gunn before the security grabbed him. Gunn shouted at Dogg, when Taka came out of nowhere, squashing Gunn into the ropes, before both bounced back - with Taka schoolboy rolluping Billy...and getting the 3 count!

Jim Ross: I don't believe it! Taka Michinouko has just won the Genesis Title, thanks to Road Dogg!

The fans actually cheered Taka as he began to jump up and down in the ring like he'd won a Million Dollars. Funaki rolled in, having recovered from Pac's attack as Taka received his belt. Gunn looked like someone had shot him as Kaientai left the ring, with Taka draping the belt over his shoulder.

Winner: Taka Michinouko

---Commercials---

Jim Ross: Well, what a match we've just seen, but we've also got our huge main event coming up, as Kane and Triple H fight each other inside a steel cage.

Tony Chimel: I'm still in shock that Taka won the title JR. Regardless of that, let's have a rundown of the final card for the Royal Rumble!

A graphic comes up on the screen, showing Jushin Liger and Great Muta.

Jim Ross: It's going to be a war between two Japanese Lightweight sensations, as The Great Muta gets another shot at Jushin Thunder Liger's Lightweight title. Liger has tried to escape Muta as much as possible, using every trick in the book to keep his title, but now they are going to go one on one at the Royal Rumble.

That graphic goes, and is replaced by the next one, which shows Test and Big Bossman on one half, the bWo on the other.

Tony Chimel: The Corporation are going to be trying their hardest to keep the tag titles in their corner, as they face the unique Blue World Order. Of course, we don't know what shape the bWo will be in after the vicious assault they suffered at the hands of their opponents at the Rumble earlier on tonight.

The tag teams disappear now, and are replaced by Road Dogg and Billy Gunn.

Tony Chimel: It's a battle of former friends, as Road Dogg will finally get his chance at revenge against Billy Gunn. But of course, the tables are stacked against Dogg as he must score 2 falls to win the match, while Gunn must only pin Dogg once.

Gunn and Dogg move off the screen, and Kane and Ken Shamrock appear, with an octagon cage in the background of their shot.

Jim Ross: It's perhaps one of the most brutal matches in all sport, as Kane and Ken Shamrock fight over the Intercontinental Title in the only area which could possibly contain this match, an Octagon Cage. If that's not enough though, the match is also going to be a submission style match. Shamrock must be the favourite given the rules, but Kane can never be easily looked over.

Kane & Shamrock are replaced then by Stone Cold & The Rock.

Tony Chimel: The WWF World Title will be contested in a match of epic proportions. You have Stone Cold Steve Austin, who is determined to get rid of the Corporation, and wants the World Title more than anything else. Then there's the champion, The Rock, out to show everyone that he is the best in the WWF. It's going to be a war, and it's live on PPV at the Royal Rumble.

Finally, Austin & Rock are replaced by Mankind, then Undertaker, then Kane, then...you get the picture. Eventually, all 28 current entrants in the Rumble appear, followed by 2 blacked out figures with question marks.

Jim Ross: It is the match that every WWF superstar wants to win. It's for the fame, for the place in the history books, but most importantly for the chance to headline Wrestlemania 15 - it's the Royal Rumble. 30 Men, 1 Winner, 29 Losers. So many big name superstars, we've got Mankind, Undertaker, the LOD, Kane, Taz, Shamrock, and so many more. Right now though, it's time to see whether Triple H will get a chance to enter the Rumble match, as we go to our main event, the cage match between Kane and Triple H.

Cage and Qualifying Match

Kane V Triple H

The lights dimmed, and spotlights began to flash on the cage as it slowly lowered into place. As soon as it did, the DX music played, and out walked Triple H. HHH looked at the cage, and then entered it through the door. Standing in the middle, he glared at the top of the ramp, waiting for Kane. The lights went out, and the organ music began to play over the PA system. The flames then burst out - not just from the ramp, but from the corners of the cage as well! Kane appeared, and quickly made his way to the cage. Kane slammed the door open, not allowing the referee to open it for him. The fans seem to not know who to support during the match, with both men getting a good face reaction. Stepping over the top rope, Kane immediately went for Triple H, and the two began to trade punches. The lights went up, as Triple H ducked one of Kane's blows, then went behind him and stunned the big man with a forearm to the back of the head. Realising he had to knock Kane off his feet to gain any real advantage, H kicked Kane in the back of the leg, causing the Big Red Machine to collapse onto one knee. Triple H then walked to in front of Kane, and began landing some hard punches right in the face - only to be stopped when Kane shot his arm up and grabbed him by the throat! Kane got to a standing position, but before he could lift H up, he got kicked in the gut by the DX leader. An elbow to Kane's arm set HHH free, and he ran into the ropes, before jumping in the air and drilling Kane with a running knee, finally knocking Kane down. Realising this as a big opportunity, H began to climb up the side of the cage. Kane recovered quickly though, sitting up as HHH was only 3/4 of the way up. Using his height, Kane grabbed HHH's foot, and after a blow to the back, HHH fell onto the mat back first. Picking him up, Kane lifted HHH onto his shoulder, before charging forward and ramming HHH head first into the cage door, not once, but twice. On impact the second time, the door swung open, and Kane threw HHH down. The camera zoomed in to reveal that HHH was bleeding from the head, as Kane began to climb out of the door. Before he got out though, Ken Shamrock charged down the aisle and slammed the door shut, right into Kane's skull and the arm that Owen Hart injured the night before. Kane rolled back into the ring, screaming in agony as Shamrock laughed outside the steel structure.

Jim Ross: Damnit, surely that means Shamrock has cost Kane the win!

Tony Chimel: It seems tonight that the Corporation have tried to get rid of their opponents on Sunday Night, and it seems to be wor-Wait! It's Michaels, it's Michaels!

Sure enough, Shawn Michaels is bolting down the ramp. Shamrock turned round to see HBK leap at him and bring him down with Michael's flying forearm. Michaels quickly got to his feet, as Shamrock pulled himself up with help from the barrier. Shamrock turned round, only to get a face full of Sweet Chim Music, conveniently falling backwards into the cage door which Triple H had just opened to try and escape. HHH rolled back in the ring, as Kane tried to get up, but struggled as his arm gave way. Michaels began to shout "Come on Kane!", as the referee checked on HHH who was bleeding heavily. Slowly but surely, both men got to their feet at about the same time. Kane landed the first blow with an uppercut to HHH's face, causing HHH to back into the ropes. HHH staggered forward though, and kicked Kane in the chest, followed by a knee to Kane's injured arm and then landed a DDT. Kane collapsed to the floor, as Triple H woozily grabbed the side of the cage and began climbing. Michaels looked at HHH on the outside, and began to yell at Kane to get up. Kane did just that, sitting up almost automatically, and looked at Triple H. Getting to his feet, Kane grabbed the cage by one hand and climbed up slowly after Triple H. Obviously the loss of blood caused HHH to slow down, as Kane caught up to him. With both men at the top of the cage, they began to trade punches with one leg on each side of the cage. Somehow, Kane blocked one of HHH's blows and grabbed him for a Chokeslam. Kane dragged Triple H to his feet, and got up himself, trying not to lose his footing on the top. The time he took though allowed Triple H to recover, and in a dangerous and sick moment, Triple H kicked Kane in the stomach, then delivered the Pedigree off the TOP OF THE CAGE!

Crowd: Holy 5H1T!

Jim Ross: Oh My God! They could be dead!

Both men were down and out, with neither man moving. Slowly but surely though, HHH rolled onto his chest and got his arm over Kane's chest. The referee got down on the mat and counted the 3 count, as Michaels clapped on the outside.

Winner: Triple H

Sweet Ch...

Michaels opened the cage door as the DX music began to play for Triple H's win. Michaels went over to HHH, and lifted him up. HHH staggered around abit, before HBK landed the Sweet Chin Music to his bloodied face. Michaels laughed as he looked down at the fallen Triple H, as "Sexy Boy" began to play. The cage began to rise, as the RAW logo came up on the screen.

Jim Ross: What an explosive ending to the night's action! Folks, we have to go now, but be sure to tune into the Royal Rumble live on PPV Sunday Night, when we will find out who walks out with all the titles and the 1999 Royal Rumble Winner!

wwfinside.com

RESULTS FOR WEDNESDAY'S LOADED, SATURDAY & PPV-PRE SHOW SUNDAY CARD'S REVEALED!

The results for the Wednesday show of Loaded are in, also the cards for Saturday's show and a special pre-PPV Loaded on Sunday were released.

---George Steele came out to thank the crowd for the support he had been given, and promised a victory against Kurrgan tonight. Kurt Angle came out, and said that since he had beaten Steele he had been on a high, and there was nothing Steele could do to stop him winning the Loaded Title and bringing it to the Corporation, to which Steele responded to with a big punch, taking out Angle.

Loaded Tag League: Minnesota Stretching Crew def. J.O.B Squad (The MSC win 2-0, and gain the extra point to go one ahead of the opposing teams. Benjamin nailed Scorpio with a sick looking neckbreaker, gaining a pin and count out at the same time.)

Loaded Tag League: Edge & Christian drew The Hardy Boys (1-1, which means both teams & the MSC are all on 6 points. E&C take the lead early on, but the Hardy's give Christian an Event Omega to level up.)

Final Standings

1= Edge & Christian - 6 Points

1= Hardy Boys - 6 Points

1= Minnesota Stretching Crew - 6 Points

4 - JOB Squad - 0 Points

---The MSC came out and began to argue with E&C and the Hardy's about who has won the league. George Steele comes out and says that since all 3 teams are tied, there will be a very special 3 Team Elimination match on Saturday to determine the winners. As he went backstage though, a figure dressed in black attacked him, throwing him into the staging.

Randy Orton def. K-Krush (Good solid match with enough time for it as well. Krush nearly wins with a Scissor Kick, but Orton moves out of the way, gives Krush a Diamond Cutter and pins him with his feet on the ropes.

Loaded Championship: Kurt Angle def. Val Venis © (Angle wins the title thanks to a run in from Ken Shamrock. Shamrock clocked Venis with the IC Belt, and Angle rolled Venis up to win the title. Post Match, Kane appeared to a massive cheer, and cleared the ring of Angle & Shamrock, helping Val to his feet)

---Kurrgan & Lawler came out for the main event. Lawler said that since George Steele isn't cleared to wrestle after he was assaulted, Kurrgan wins by default and Lawler is the new Loaded Commisioner. Steele then came out, bandaged up and said he had recruited a replacement. This led to...

Loaded Commisioner Match: Ice def. Kurrgan (Ice was Glacier, except with a new name and slightly altered look. Kurrgan went for the Kurr-Gunned late in the match, but Ice blocked it and gav Kurrgan two German Suplexes in a row for the win to keep Steele in power)

SATURDAY CARD

The Haas Brothers V Randy Orton & David Cash

Lo-Ki V Gangrel

Number 1 Contenders (Ice/Kurrgan entered into Super Sunday Main Event) Ice & George Steele V Kurrgan & Jerry Lawler

Loaded Tag League Final: Minnesota Stretching Crew V Hardy Boys V Edge & Christian

Grudge Match: Kane & Val Venis V Kurt Angle & Ken Shamrock

SUPER SUNDAY CARD

Randy Orton V Lo-Ki

Number 1 Contender Match Loser V David Cash

Hardy Boys & JOB Squad V Edge & Christian & Minnesota Stretching Crew

George Steele V Jerry Lawler

Loaded Championship: Val Venis V Kurt Angle V Number 1 Contender Match Winner

ROYAL RUMBLE PREDICTIONS

WWF LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Jushin Thunder Liger V The Great Muta

Winner (6):

Decision (4) (Pin/DQ/Submission etc.):

Test & Big Bossman © V Blue World Order

Winner of Fall (3):

Loser of Fall (3):

Decision (4):

Road Dogg V Billy Gunn

How Many Falls? (4): 1/2/

Winner (6):

Ken Shamrock © V Kane

Winner (8):

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

The Rock © V Stone Cold Steve Austin

Winner (6):

Decision (4):

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

- Undertaker is entered 1st, Mankind is entered 30th.

Entrants: Kane V Test V X-Pac V Undertaker V Mankind V Animal V Hawk V Goldust V Ken Shamrock V Big Bossman V Gerry Briscoe V Pat Patterson V Big Stevie Cool V Da Blue Guy V Owen Hart V Jeff Jarrett V Bradshaw V Faarooq V Jushin Thunder Liger V Road Dogg V Billy Gunn V Taz V Earthquake V The Great Muta V Bubba Ray Dudley V D-Von Dudley V Val Venis V Kurt Angle V Triple H V ???

Winner (30):

Entrant 2 (2):

Entrant 5 (5):

Entrant 15 (15):

---That's 100 Points, giving an easy percentage for me to work out. Enjoy!

Edited by Katsuya

Winner (6): Jushin Liger

Decision (4) (Pin/DQ/Submission etc.): Pinfall

Winner of Fall (3): Big Bossman

Loser of Fall (3): Blue Meanie

Decision (4): Pin

Road Dogg V Billy Gunn

How Many Falls? (4): 1-1

Winner (6): Billy Gunn

Ken Shamrock © V Kane

Winner (8): Kane

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner (6): Steve Austin

Decision (4): DQ

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

Entrants: Kane V Test V X-Pac V Undertaker V Mankind V Animal V Hawk V Goldust V Ken Shamrock V Big Bossman V Gerry Briscoe V Pat Patterson V Big Stevie Cool V Da Blue Guy V Owen Hart V Jeff Jarrett V Bradshaw V Faarooq V Jushin Thunder Liger V Road Dogg V Billy Gunn V Taz V Earthquake V The Great Muta V Bubba Ray Dudley V D-Von Dudley V Val Venis V Kurt Angle V Triple H V ???

Winner (30): Triple H

Entrant 2 (2): X-Pac

Entrant 5 (5): Taz

Entrant 15 (15): Da Blue Guy

Edited by ChrisTheHornyBrick

ROYAL RUMBLE PREDICTIONS

Winner (6):The Great Muta

Decision (4)Submission

Winner of Fall (3):Blue Meanie

Loser of Fall (3):Big Bossman

Decision (4):Pinfall

Road Dogg V Billy Gunn

How Many Falls? (4): 2

Winner (6):Billy Gunn

Ken Shamrock © V Kane

Winner (8):Ken Shamrock

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner (6):The Rock

Decision (4):Pinfal

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

Winner (30):Triple H

Entrant 2 (2):Test

Entrant 5 (5):Goldust

Entrant 15 (15):Val Venis

ROYAL RUMBLE PREDICTIONS

Winner (6): The Great Muta

Decision (4) (Pin/DQ/Submission etc.):Pin

Winner of Fall (3): Stevie Richards

Loser of Fall (3): Test

Decision (4): Pinfall

Road Dogg V Billy Gunn

How Many Falls? (4): 1/2/ 2

Ken Shamrock © V Kane

Winner (8): Ken Shamrock

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner (6): Stone Cold Steve Austin

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

Winner (30): The Undertaker

Entrant 2 (2): Kurt Angle

Entrant 5 (5): Owen Hart

Entrant 15 (15): Triple H

wwfinside.com

SATURDAY LOADED RESULTS

Randy Orton & David Cash def. The Haas Brothers (Cash gets the win for his team after he pinned Russ following a suplex/neckbreaker move. Orton held Charlie back from getting in the ring as Cash pinned Russ.)

---Orton & Cash began to double team Charlie after the match, with Russ still down. Lo-Ki ran in to make the save, taking it to Orton & Cash with chops and kicks until the Haas' had recovered to throw the heels out of the ring. George Steele came out, and said that the match between Orton & Ki on Super Sunday would determine who got a tag title shot - if Orton wins, him and Cash receive the shot, if Ki wins it, he can team with anyone willing for the match.

Lo-Ki def. Gangrel (Ki wins the match by a DQ, when a woman dressed in black comes down to ringside, only to hit Ki over the head with Gangrel's chalice. Gangrel drilled Ki with an Implant DDT, and went backstage arm in arm with the mystery woman.)

Number 1 Contender's Match: Kurrgan & Jerry Lawler def. Ice & George Steele (Kurrgan gets the win when he gave Steele the Kurr-Gunned onto a chair while the referee tried to seperate a brawl between Ice & Lawler. Kurrgan got the easy win, and retreated to the back before Ice could get vengeance.)

Tag League Final: Hardy Boys def. Edge & Christian & Minnesota Stretching Crew (The Hardy's win the tag league thanks to some help from Brock Lesnar. Lesnar suplexed Christian, allowing Jeff Hardy to catch him by surprise and throw him out of the ring. The Hardy's then gave Christian the Event OMEGA and got the win.)

---Before the Hardy's really got a chance to celebrate, some new music began to play. Coming from backstage walked Steven Regal, dressed in a suit and looking very confident. Regal introduced himself as Sir William Regal, and offered his services as a manager to the Hardy's. It didn't take long for the Hardy's to say yes, and they left with the veteran to the back.

Grudge Match: Ken Shamrock & Kurt Angle V Kane & Val Venis - No Contest (The match never really happened. Instead, Kane and Shamrock began to throw each other about the ring area, while Angle and Venis brawled through the crowd. Kane went to chokeslam Shamrock through a table again, but Shamrock broke free and ran for the hills. Kane set off his pyro after that and the match ended with no clear winner.)

I been meaning to check this out, I'll leave my thoughts as a I read on.

I don't like Mankind getting stripped of the belt, Because the only way most people knew Mankind won the belt was by going online since it hadn't aired on TV yet. Also, Why wouldn't Michaels reverse the decision? Remember, On the last Raw of '98 he super kicked McMahon and left the corporation. Also, At this time, Linda and Stephanie were never mentioned owning any part of the WWF. Up until then, Everyone thought it was all Vince.

Sunday Night Heat

3rd January 1999

- I dunno about JR being at the announce position, He was out with sickness at the time and didn't return until Wrestlemania. But, It's always good to have JR around. Glad to see Kane squash fat boy Meanie. Kane should be a good Royal Rumble entrant. I'm hoping you have big plans for Kane instead of making him the joke he turned out to be in '99.

- Good Triple H interview, I don't think he'll win the IC title tonight though.

- Tag team tormoil was only good due to the Dudley Boyz showing up. The Dudley Boyz make a great addition to the tag team division. The ten men battle royal on Raw should be good, I think the Outlaws will win it. After looking like a joke in '98, I think a heel turn for LOD would be the best thing you could do for them.

- I definitely didn't see HBK super kicking Shamrock, A DX reunion possibly? :wub: Never mind, HBK just kicked the crap outta HHH. :lol: Interesting stuff with HBK, I expect a good explanation for his actions on Raw.

Raw is War

4th January 1999

- Pretty good HBK promo, I didn't like how he mentioned HHH always stuck by him though, HHH pretty much took over DX after Michaels lost to Austin and kept saying how Michaels dropped the ball. But the interview was great, Are you gonna have HBK wrestling or something? HBK as half owner or whatever is freaking great too.

- I didn't expect LOD to win the team men battle royal, I really thought the Outlaws were gonna get it. But hey, If you can make LOD interesting and not a joke like they were at the end of '98, Then I'm all for it.

- Test picking up a win is always great, Though I wish Snow would be in the Rumble. Lets hope Test gets a big push.

- You're doing a great job with HBK, You got him across as a tweener well. Especially with Mankind backing him up. The triple threat match should be great.

- It's "Michinoku" not Michinouko. Injury storyline with Taka? Did he really get injured or something? Causing you to change plans? Nice to see King checking though, Even though he and Taka didn't get along in storylines when Taka debuted. Makes King more of a face. Oh well, X-Pac is in the Royal Rumble :wub:

- HBK getting beat up was a way to make him a face? Works well. I think in the end, We'll see HHH turn on DX, With Michaels leading DX against The Corporation, Which will probably have HHH.

- I thought LOD were going to pull off the upset, But I'm glad Shamrock and Bossman retained. Mankind coming out for the save was a nice touch. I wonder if we'll get a rematch for the titles at the Royal Rumble?

- Good Triple H interview, I still see a heel turn coming for Triple H.

- Austin versus Rock at the Royal Rumble should be good, I think Austin will win and somehow head into Wrestlemania as the champion, Or we could see Vince screw Austin out of being the number one contender and have Austin go through the Rumble.

Sunday Night Heat

10th January 1999

- Tony Chimel with JR? I just don't see Chimel as a good commentator. I didn't expect Liger to debut. As long as you don't go pushing him too soon, Then it's all right with me. Atleast Gill ain't holding the title anymore.

- Good backstage segment with Vinny and Shamrock. I hope Kane kicks Shamrock's ass.

- Goldust is in the Rumble, I didn't really care for Droz, So I wasn't really excited about this match at all.

- LOD is getting pushed well, With a win over the Dudley Boyz. Poor Bubba and D'Von though, A week in the WWF and they were already thrown against LOD. I expect big things to happen to the Dudley Boyz later on though.

- Cool to see the bWo arrive. Maybe they'll take on LOD at the Rumble? Hah! HHH once again gets kicked in the face! Glad to see HBK on Heat. Lets hope he has a big announcement tonight.

- Kane's a face now finally, He and Mankind going after the corporation is a good thing. Maybe Kane's gonna fight Shamrock for the title at the Rumble? I think we'll see Mankind and Kane tag up on Raw or something.

Those releases didn't mind me, As those guys were pretty worthless and there was no need to keep them around.

Raw is War

11th January 1999

- I don't like Muta debuting so soon, It's a big unrealistic having him and Liger both in the WWF. But atleast they're in the Light Heavyweight division, And not fighting for the bigger titles.

- Kane versus Shamrock is going to be a great match, But I don't see Kane winning the belt since it's a Submission Style Octagon Cage match. But then again, I don't see Kane tapping out, It'll just make him look like a big pussy. I wonder who Mankind's partner is gonna be? My bet is on Terry Funk possibly.

- Sad to see the Outlaws break up, But Billy Gunn getting pushed is fine with me. I wonder if Michaels will get X-Pac into his DX, Should be very interesting to see what'll happen there. Hopefully Road Dogg somehow enters the Royal Rumble match.

- I didn't like bWo winning, As I thought you were building up to LOD versus Shamrock and Bossman. And it's too much of a big win for bWo so soon. Oh well, If they do get the belts somehow, I'm hoping they drop them to Owen/Jarrett. That team fucking owned back then.

- Another Undertaker/Austin feud? Austin is so not walking out of the Royal Rumble with the belt now. I just hope it doesn't turn into a three way at WM with Austin, Rock and Undertaker. Unless Taker wins, Cause Taker losing at a Wrestlemania is just wrong.

- Gunn versus Dogg at the Rumble is going to be a good match. I liked the segment with Gunn and Michaels. I don't mind Tajiri joining as he could make a good addition to the light heavyweight division. Damn, You got me excited as to who Mankind's partner is gonna be.

- Test wrestled Austin! :wub: Lets hope it leads to bigger things for Test. Anyways, Undertaker's attack on Austin was pretty cool. I can't wait to see how Austin will retaliate against the phenom. I wish you would have kept Taz a secret and have him debut like at the Rumble, To make him make a big impact. Dudleys, bWo, Muta, Liger, Tajiri, Taz that's like feight new people that have already debuted. Well, Tajiri hasn't yet, But you know what I mean. I think you're debuting people way too soon.

- Good lord, Earthquake? Definitely a surprise, But a disappointing one.

I wish you hadn't fired Sable, She was a huge part of the WWF during 98-99. If I was you, I'd sign the Dudley's to a written contract and fast, Before WCW or a Japanese fed get them. I wish you would have kept Gas, Rodney and Terri. But Goldust is more valuable than Terri. But I don't see how they wouldn't be able to work together. And the posse was just great.

Sunday Night Heat

17th January 1999

- Yay! Test has gold! Well, Tag gold. But still, He and Bossman are a good team. I loved Angle begging McMahon to join The Corporation, Can't wait to see who his opponent will be.

- Muta in the Rumble is all right, I didn't like Tajiri jobbing in his debut match though. I saw the Dudley Boyz picking up the win a mile away. The Rumble match is looking really good right now.

- Kane versus Owen should be good. Huh? Kane tapped out to Owen Hart? Now, I like Owen and all, And I think he was way better than Bret, But there's no way Kane should have tapped out to Owen Hart here. Especially after only being locked in the Sharpshooter for like thirty seconds, I understand you gotta make Kane look weak with the submission stuff, But I think he should have gone over. Also, Why would Owen help him up? Owen was a heel at the time, And anytime Owen was a heel, After he'd win, He'd just pose and act like he'd just won the WWF Championship or something.

- Kane versus Triple H in a cage match is going to be a good match. Hopefully Kane comes out looking strong in the cage match. Cool brawl for the genesis title? I don't like the belts being unified though, The match on Raw should be good. I just wish you'd keep the titles seperate.

- Heh, Angle got his ass squashed by the phenom. Poor Kurt. I think he'll still try to get a spot in the corporation, And Vinnie will just keep putting him against hosses.

The only new signings I like is Glacier and O'Haire. Push them to the moon (Y)

Raw is War

18th January 1999

Good way to open up Raw with the Light Heavyweight title match. Nice to see Liger retain. Angle versus Austin is gonna be good, I don't think Kurt will last though. Nice little segment with the bWo, Their match with Too Much was good. Bossman and Test's attack was cool. Lets hope Test and Bossman keep the gold at the Rumble. I wonder who the mystery guy in the Royal Rumble is? Maybe the debuting Glacier? Angle survived! :wub: Great way to get Angle over. I see him being kinda the outcast out of the corporation, Especially if you have him say his usual dorky comments. Nice tough with Rock shaking Angle's hand. The attack on Austin was well done. I can't believe Taka won the genesis title. I still wish you wouldn't have unified those titles though. The hardcore matches around this time were great. Great ending to the cage match, Though a pedigree off the top of the cage might be a bit too much. I don't know if Kane would take that kind of bump. HBK knocks HHH out once again. :D

I'm liking this so far, I can't wait until the Rumble. Keep up the good work man, I'll leave my predictions later.

Edited by Baby Hewey

SUPER SUNDAY RESULTS

Tag Title Number 1 Contendership: Lo-Ki def. Randy Orton (Ki wins when David Cash tried to interfere. Cash accidently hit Orton with a chain, Ki kicked Cash in the head and then covered Orton. After that match, Gangrel & the mystery woman came out and attacked Ki. This lead to...)

Ice & Lo-Ki def. David Cash, Randy Orton & Gangrel (Ice suggested the match, and everyone seemed to agree. Ki took both Orton & Gangrel out with a springboard moonsault to the outside, and Ice used his double german suplexes to beat Cash.)

---George Steele came out after the match, and talked to Ice & Ki. He then announced that at tommorow's Monday show, it would be Ice & Lo-Ki taking on The Hardy Boys for the tag titles. This brought out Edge & Christian, who said that they deserved the title shot instead. Steele refused to give them the shot, but announced that at the Sunday Night PPV-Pre Show, we will see the Hardy's against Edge & Christian!

Edge & Christian & Minnesota Stretching Crew def. Hardy Boys & JOB Squad (Edge spears Holly off the apron while Benjamin and Lesnar fight against Matt Hardy & Scorpio. This allows E&C to double team Jeff, giving him a double suplex and then a spike piledriver for the win.)

---Backstage, someone had laid out Lo-Ki, as Ice looked on while EMT's treated him. They loaded him into an ambulance, and drove off.

George Steele def. Jerry Lawler (A DQ win for Steele when Kurrgan ran in and smashed a chair over Steele's head. Kurrgan & Lawler continued to beat on Steele until Val Venis' music hit.)

Loaded Championship: Val Venis def. Kurt Angle & Kurrgan (It took about 5 minutes for Angle to come out, and he only did so with Test by his side. Eventually Angle just ran out of the ring and through the crowd, leaving Venis & Kurrgan. Kurrgan lifted Val up for a Kurr-Gunnes, but Val broke free, took Kurrgan down and gave him the Money Shot for the win. Then, the fun began.)

---Lawler grabbed the title belt from ringside, and got in the ring. He went to hit Val with the belt, but Venis ducked and began trading punches with Lawler. Someone then got in the ring from the crowd and blindsided Val with the title belt, before locking in a Single Leg Crab. If that wasn't a big enough clue, Lawler began shouting "Yes Lance!" as Val writed in pain. Kurrgan got back up and began to stomp on Val's back for more damage. Ice ran out, and began to trade punches with Kurrgan as Lawler told Storm to keep the crab on Venis, before signalling to the back. Right on cue, out ran David Cash & Randy Orton who attacked Ice from behind. Kurrgan drilled him with the Kurr-Gunned, and went back to attacking Venis. George Steele crawled back into the ring, only to have Cash & Orton jump him. Finally, agents and referees ran out to order the heels backstage, and they obliged as EMT's ran down with stretchers to end the show.

---Maybe not though, as Lawler's crew ran out once again, this time with steel pipes and 2X4's. Attacking the EMT's and the crew, they focused their attention on Steele. Cash and Orton set a table up outside, before throwing the top part of a stretcher in the ring. Kurrgan meanwhile smashed a 2X4 over Ice's head, while Storm smacked Venis with a lead pipe to the back. Lawler whipped Steele into the stretcher board, and then told Kurrgan to "powerbomb him off the top". Kurrgan seemed all to happy to oblige - when LO-KI'S MUSIC PLAYED! Ki ran out to one of the loudest pops in a long time, chair in hand. He jumped on the table, then leaped forwards and smacked Kurrgan in the head, causing Kurrgan to drop Steele back in the ring. Ki then jumped onto the apron, and spin kicked a pipe into Cash's face. Ki grabbed a 2X4 before Orton could hit him with it, punched Orton in the head and smashed it over Orton's head instead. Storm and Lawler bolted from the ring, and retreated backstage as Ki stared them down, laughing as the show really ended.

Guest U.s_Champ_Mysterio

ROYAL RUMBLE PREDICTIONS

Winner (6): The Great Muta

Decision (4) (Pin/DQ/Submission etc.):Submission

Winner of Fall (3): Stevie Richards

Loser of Fall (3): Bossman

Road Dogg V Billy Gunn

How Many Falls? (4): 3

Ken Shamrock © V Kane

Winner (8): Kane

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner (6): Stone Cold Steve Austin

Decision (4): DQ

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

Winner (30): Mankind

Entrant 2 (2): Jushin

Entrant 5 (5): Kurt Angle

Entrant 15 (15): Billy Gunn