WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Ken Shamrock © V Kane

Winner (8): Ken Shamrock

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

The Rock © V Stone Cold Steve Austin

Winner (6): Steve Austin

Decision (4): DQ

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

- Undertaker is entered 1st, Mankind is entered 30th.

Entrants: Kane V Test V X-Pac V Undertaker V Mankind V Animal V Hawk V Goldust V Ken Shamrock V Big Bossman V Gerry Briscoe V Pat Patterson V Big Stevie Cool V Da Blue Guy V Owen Hart V Jeff Jarrett V Bradshaw V Faarooq V Jushin Thunder Liger V Road Dogg V Billy Gunn V Taz V Earthquake V The Great Muta V Bubba Ray Dudley V D-Von Dudley V Val Venis V Kurt Angle V Triple H V ???

Winner (30): The Undertaker

Entrant 2 (2): Earthquake

Entrant 5 (5): Bradshaw

Entrant 15 (15): D-Von Dudley

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said yesterday that predictions were closed in an hour, but you haven't put the show up yet so I'm predicting anyway dammit.

WWF LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Jushin Thunder Liger V The Great Muta

Winner (6): Liger

Decision (4) Pin

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Test & Big Bossman © V Blue World Order

Winner of Fall (3): Stevie

Loser of Fall (3): Test

Decision (4): Pin

BATTLE OF THE FORMER FRIENDS

Road Dogg V Billy Gunn

How Many Falls? (4): 2 (Dogg will win one, but Billy will win one then)

Winner (6): Gunn

SUBMISSION STYLE OCTAGON CAGE

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Ken Shamrock © V Kane

Winner (8): Kane

WWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner (6): Rock

Decision (4): Pin

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

- Undertaker is entered 1st, Mankind is entered 30th.

Entrants: Kane V Test V X-Pac V Undertaker V Mankind V Animal V Hawk V Goldust V Ken Shamrock V Big Bossman V Gerry Briscoe V Pat Patterson V Big Stevie Cool V Da Blue Guy V Owen Hart V Jeff Jarrett V Bradshaw V Faarooq V Jushin Thunder Liger V Road Dogg V Billy Gunn V Taz V Earthquake V The Great Muta V Bubba Ray Dudley V D-Von Dudley V Val Venis V Kurt Angle V Triple H V ???

Winner (30): Owen Hart (There really aren't any other "big" name guys here. No one who could legitimately go to Wrestlemania, at least. No way Taker is making it all the way, and number 30 should never win, so that leaves Owen or 3H, so I'll choose Owen.)

Entrant 2 (2): Angle

Entrant 5 (5): Bradshaw

Entrant 15 (15): Meanie

Edited by Steve Corino

Okay guys, there's been a slight problem.

I've been working for the past...5 days on getting the Rumble match written. I wrote about 7 entrants earlier today, and for some reason...Word didn't save it. Just like that, all the work was for nothing. Anyway, I'm determined to have this up ASAP, and I am really, really sorry for the wait. Now, there's a question I want to ask you regarding the PPV.

1 - I could post the main part (everything upto the Rumble match) now, then work on the Rumble. The advantage of this is that it's alot less reading. Right now, including upto entry 18 of the Rumble, it's around 45,000+ characters. You can see why I've not posted it yet therefore.

2 - Wait until I've written the Rumble and post it all then.

Personally, I don't care. I want you to be able to see this as fast as possible, but I don't want it too seem half-written. It's upto you what I should do. Again, I'm sorry for the delay, but numerous things have held me back (Battle Royale being one...)

WWF ROYAL RUMBLE 1999

24th January 1999

Fireworks shoot off all around the arena to start off the PPV, with the fans roaring in applause from inside the Arrowhead Pond. We go straight to Jim Ross & Tony Chimel at ringside.

Jim Ross: Welcome folks to a night that promises to be full of surprises and action! Jim Ross here alongside Tony Chimel, and what a packed card we have tonight at the Royal Rumble, here at the sold out Arrowhead Pond arena, here in Anaheim, as well as in millions of homes around the world.

Tony Chimel: 4 Titles are on the line tonight, we have the match between Billy Gunn and Road Dogg as well, and of course as always, the main event itself, the Royal Rumble match.

Jim Ross: And we're going to kick things off tonight with our first title match, as Jushin Thunder Liger and the Great Muta go one on one. Now, remember, it was 2 weeks ago to the day that Liger debuted on Sunday Night Heat, brutally beating Duane Gill for the WWF Lightweight Title. Muta debuted the next night against Liger, and since then Liger has tried every trick in the book to keep his title from Muta.

WWF Lightweight Title

Jushin Thunder Liger © V The Great Muta

Muta's music played first, and out he came to a big pop from the crowd. Muta got into the ring, climbed to the top rope and put his fingers in his mouth. Doing this for all 4 corners before stopping, Muta looked down the ramp as Jushin Liger's music replaced his. Liger came out to a big heel reaction, before running into the ring. Muta rushed forward to try and catch Liger by surprise, but Liger punched Muta in the stomach, before conveniently ramming Muta's head into his chest - right where his title belt was. The referee caught on though, and ordered Liger to take the belt off, as Muta clutches his head. Liger lifted Muta to his feet from behind, before backdropping Muta down to the mat. A quick cover followed, but Muta easily got his shoulder up at 2. Liger waited until Muta was half standing before running into the ropes, bouncing back with a running dropkick that hit with such impact Muta was sent out of the ring. Liger followed him out, and kicked Muta hard in the ribs before throwing him into the steel steps. The referee warned Liger once again, but Liger seemed to take no notice and began to choke Muta against the steps with his foot. Muta acted quickly though, using one of his legs to sweep Liger's other leg from under him, causing the Lightweight Champion to crash to the floor. The referee's count was by now at 7, so Muta quickly pushed himself up using the steps and rolled into the ring. The fans cheered as Muta looked at Liger, then the ropes, then Liger again, sensing what was about to happen. Indeed, Muta ran into the ropes, ran back and launched himself over the top rope for a cross body. This time however, Liger dodged and Muta landed hard on his chest on the outside.

Jim Ross: Oh my god, Muta's ribs could be broken after that fall!

Tony Chimel: There's a good reason they call them suicide dives, and that right there is that reason JR. Liger surely has this one all wrapped up now!

Sensing Muta is out of it now; Liger saunters over to him and lifts him up. Muta still has something left in him though, and a vicious punch to Liger proved he was able to carry on. Another punch sent Liger staggering back against the ring apron. Muta backed up a bit, before charging at Liger and nailing a running senton into Liger's chest. Both men went down clutching their chests, as the referee continued to count them out. Muta managed to get to his feet using the apron, and rolled in to break the count just after 9, knowing he couldn't win the belt on a count out. Liger on the other hand used Muta breaking the count to take a rest on the outside. Muta decided to stop this by knocking Liger hard into the barrier thanks to a baseball slide. Muta rolled Liger back into the ring, and climbed to the top rope. Liger slowly got to his feet and turned to see Muta launch off the turnbuckle towards him. Muta grabbed Liger's head and flung himself over, ending up giving Jushin a neckbreaker. Muta rolled over into the cover, but much to the crowd's dismay Liger managed to kick out before Muta could get the win. Even so, Muta knew that Liger only needed a bit more work before he wouldn't be able to escape the pin, and picked him up. Whipping Liger into the ropes, Muta proceeded to lift him up to the top turnbuckle. Muta also climbed to the top, and threw Liger's arm over his shoulder. It looked like he was ready to superplex Liger, but an unseen low blow followed by a shove stopped that from happening. Liger called the referee over to him though, and began to shout something at the referee. This proved to be a distraction, as a member of the crowd in the front row jumped the barrier, and brought his chair with him. Muta got to his feet, and the fan threw the chair at him. Muta caught it, but really shouldn't have as the fan then dropkicked the chair into Muta's face.

Jim Ross: What the...someone get that fan out of the ring, he just assaulted Great Muta!

Tony Chimel: That's no fan JR, that's..that's ROB VAN DAM! Van Dam just gave Muta the Van Daminator! Wait, look at Liger!

With Van Dam quickly bolting from the ring, Liger stopped talking with the referee and turned his back to the fallen Muta. Liger then jumped off backwards, and in a move no doubt taunting Muta (if Muta had of been conscious) gave him a Moonsault. Liger then locked in an STF, and the referee immediately called for the bell. Van Dam grabbed the title belt, threw it to Liger and both men ran up the ramp and backstage. Muta slowly came to his senses, standing up to applause from the crowd as his music played.

Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger

Jim Ross: Well once again, Jushin Liger has managed to hold on to his WWF Lightweight Title, but this time he needed the help of Rob Van Dam to do so! Folks, we can now go backstage where Michael Cole is standing by with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Don't Mess With a Rattlesnake

Michael Cole: Stone Cold, you are going one on one against The Rock for the WWF World Title here tonight. Now, I have to ask you, what state are you in to fight after the attacks you've suffered in the past few weeks from not only Rock himself, but also The Undertaker.

Stone Cold: You want to know what state I am in, Michael Cole? Do you think that I would pass up the opportunity to wrestle in front of millions of people just because of some little mishaps I've suffered? Let me tell you something. If anyone thinks that the Rattlesnake would give up any shot like this, then they are seriously mis-informed. I am going to make sure that I walk out of here as the WWF World Champion. I am going to beat The Rock, and there's not a damn thing he can do about it. I will be in the Main Event of Wrestlemania as the WWF Champion, no matter who is on the other side of the ring. As for the Undertaker, heh...if he even thinks of interfering in my match tonight, then he is going to regret it for a long, long time.

Austin walks off to the locker room, and the camera goes back to Cole.

Michael Cole: JR and Tony, back to you.

WWF Tag Team Titles

Big Bossman & Test © V Blue World Order

The bWo's music began to play, but there was no sign of the challengers coming down the ramp. Instead, the camera spots them walking through the crowd to the ring! After about 2 minutes, they finally got to ringside, where they jumped the barrier and got into the ring. Their music was quickly replaced by the Corporation's, and the crows quickly began booing as Bossman and Test walked out with the tag titles. Before they could get in the ring though, the bWo pulled out cans of silly string and fired them at the Champions, keeping them from getting in the ring. The cans soon ran out, and Bossman and Test thought that was their chance to get in the ring - but the bWo pulled out two more cans and fired them! The string went all over Test, who rolled out of the ring and began to slam and kick things. Bossman tried to calm his partner down, but Test was enraged and shoved him aside. Climbing into the ring over the top rope, Test rushed at the bWo and went for a double clothesline. The bWo ducked though, and ran to the ropes opposite Test, who kept on running. Bossman tripped Big Stevie Cool up though, and this distracted Da Blue Guy at the same time. Blue Guy turned round, only for Test to smack him in the face with a Big Boot, sending Blue Guy collapsing to the mat. The bell rang to start the match, but Test was relentless in his attack. Stomping away violently on the back of Blue Guy, he eventually lifted him up, only to give him a powerslam and send him right back down to the mat. Test then began to choke Blue with the ropes, and the referee was on the verge of disqualifying him for not letting go. Big Stevie Cool got back in the ring though and began to level Test with some punches. Bossman got in the ring though, and things turned into a 2 on 1 attack on Stevie, who ended up on the receiving end of a double suplex, followed by being thrown hard out of the ring. Bossman went back to the corner, only for Test to tag him right back in.

Jim Ross: The Corporation are being smart here, working over Blue Guy and keeping Stevie out of the match.

Bossman lifted Blue Guy up for a suplex which he easily delivered, then went for a pin. Blue Guy managed to kick out, which led to Bossman beginning to punch him in the face. Bossman tagged Test back in, and the champions both stomped away at Blue Guy in their corner before the referee ordered Bossman onto the apron. Test pulled Blue Guy up, and got ready for a Pumphandle Slam. Before he could get Blue up though, Stevie tried to jump Test, but received a punch for his trouble. Bossman tried to get in the ring and attack Stevie, but the referee held him back. The distraction by Bossman ended up being a big mistake though, as Test lifted Meanie up. Stevie though got his second wind quick, spinning Test round (causing him to drop Meanie onto all fours) and blasted him with a Stevie Kick! To add insult to injury, Test fell over Meanie which allowed Meanie to roll Test up for a pin. Stevie spun the referee round, knocked Bossman out of the ring and counted with the crowd as Meanie got the 3!

Jim Ross: Oh my god, the Blue World Order win! The bWo just won the tag team titles!

Tony Chimel: They may have used a bit of cheap tactics in the end, but if it works then I don't see the problem in using it, and the fans love it!

Winners: Blue World Order

---Wrestlemania 15 - Coming to you live from the First Union Center in Philadelphia---

Battle of the Former Friends

Road Dogg V Billy Gunn

"Oh You Didn't Know?" played first, and out walked Road Dogg. Before he even got to the ring though, Billy Gunn jumped him from behind with a forearm. This sent Dogg to the floor, and he tumbled down to the ring. Gunn walked over to Dogg and began to stomp on Dogg's ribs. Gunn then rammed Dogg's face into the edge of the ring, and ducked inside the apron to pull out a garbage can lid. The referee couldn't do anything apart from tell Gunn not to do it, as the match hadn't officially started. Dogg kicked Gunn in the gut though to stop the shot, grabbed the lid himself and smashed Gunn over the head with it! Dogg pushed Gunn into the steps, and smashed Gunn over the head again with the lid. Dogg rolled Gunn into the ring after this, and got in as well. Gunn took his time getting up, but as soon as he did Dogg nailed one punch..then another...then another, then nailed another for the Shake, Rattle N' Roll, before giving Gunn a DDT. Rolling Gunn onto his back, Dogg covered him - and got the 3 count for the first of his two falls!

Score: Road Dogg 1, Billy Gunn 0

Jim Ross: Road Dogg's already a fall up! Maybe this match is going to be different to what many people believed!

Dogg went for another pinfall, but Gunn kicked out at 2. Dogg picked Gunn up, and went for a suplex. Gunn slipped out from behind Dogg though, and elbowed Dogg in the small of the back. He followed this up with a Russian legsweep, before staggering into the ropes for a rest. Gunn then went over to Dogg, who had got to one leg by this time. A punch to the head saw Dogg fall onto all fours, and Gunn then kicked him stiffly in the chest and ribs. Dogg ended up rolling out of the ring, with Gunn following him closely. Dragging Dogg to his feet, Gunn whipped him forward into the apron, then back into the steel barrier. He did this once again, before throwing Dogg into the steel steps. Gunn rolled Dogg back into the ring and pinned him, but Dogg managed to kick out just in time. Gunn lifted Dogg to his feet, kicked him in the stomach and went for the Fameasser. Dogg managed to move out of the way in time, and Gunn landed hard on his leg, but Dogg also collapsed to the floor. Dogg took his time in getting to his feet again, but beat Gunn to a vertical base quite easily. He went for a Pumphandle Slam, but Gunn blocked it and punched Dogg in the face. Both men then kicked each other in the gut, before running into the ropes and giving each other a clothesline. With both men down, the referee started to count to 10. Both men began to stir at about 7, and used the ropes to drag themselves to their feet. Dogg punched Gunn in the face, with which Gunn returned with a punch to Dogg's face. Gunn elbowed Dogg in the ribs, and went over to the turnbuckle. Slowly he got to the top rope, but Dogg walked over and punched him in the chest. Dogg then made his way to the top rope, and both men began to trade blows with each other. At one point it looked like Dogg was going to fall off, but he steadied his balance, kicked Gunn in the leg, and went for a superplex. Gunn blocked it, and punched Dogg - just as Dogg slipped. Both men tripped each other, and they were sent crashing to the floor below. Again, the referee counted to 10, but neither man was moving. The referee reached the count of 10, and ordered for the bell to be rang.

Score: Road Dogg 2, Billy Gunn 1

Tony Chimel: Wait, who wins the match? They both got the same number of falls they had to reach to win, and they did so at the same time.

Jim Ross: I suppose it's a draw, that's the only thing I can think of! Once again, controversy runs wild in the WWF!

Winner: Draw

Tony Chimel: Well, regardless of that up next is going to be a fight with no rules except one - make your opponent tap out. It's the submission octagon cage match between Ken Shamrock and Kane, and this all started about 2 weeks ago when the Corporation turned on Kane.

Jim Ross: It's certainly not going to be pretty. Kane and Ken Shamrock want to hurt each other very badly, and I'm sure this is going to be a classic brawling match.

WWF Intercontinental Title

Submission Style Octagon Cage

Ken Shamrock © V Kane

We cut to an area just off the side of the stage, where the Octagon Cage is set up. The camera spins round it and then goes inside to show how big the cage actually is, as the lights cut out. Slowly, the organ music begins to play and the pyro sets off, and out walk Kane, Mankind and...Owen Hart.

Tony Chimel: Why is Owen Hart out here with Kane and Mankind?

Jim Ross: Maybe it's to see if Kane learnt anything from there match last week on Sunday Night Heat?

Kane walked halfway down the ramp, then stepped off and walked down the gunnel to the cage. A referee opened the door, and slowly he stepped in. Once inside, he raised his arms over his head before throwing them down, setting off all 8 sides of the cage in flames. The lights came back on, and the fire died down as Kane looked at the top of the ramp, waiting for Ken Shamrock. "Ultimate" blared out over the sound system, and out from behind the curtain came Shamrock, who immediately began to stare a hole into Kane. Shamrock jumped off the top of the stage and onto the floor below, avoiding the lighting, sound and tables nearby. He walked over to the cage door, and as it opened he charged at Kane. Tackling Kane to the ground, Shamrock began to punch wildly away at Kane's head and chest. Kane put up a good defence though, and an uppercut stunned Shamrock long enough for Kane to push him off. Kane then grabbed Shamrock by the throat and lifted him up for a chokeslam, when Mankind and Owen started to shout "No!", trying to remind Kane he had to make Shamrock tap out. Kane put Shamrock down, and stomped on his foot instead. This proved to be nothing more than a stun though, as Kane elbowed him in the chest, following that up with a sleeper hold. With Shamrock winded, he seemed to be fading fast in the hold. He managed to fight back though with a punch to Kane's chin, sending the big man staggering. Shamrock got to a knee and took time to breath, before going to spear Kane against the cage side. Kane moved out of the way though, and Shamrock went head first into the steel. Kane then used one of the moves Owen taught him, an armlock which seemed to have an effect on Shamrock. Kane wringed Shamrock's arm, and applied some more pressure, and Shamrock went down to a knee, as Owen and Mankind clapped on the stage.

Jim Ross: Is it me, or is Owen Hart changing abit? He seems to be more...friendly and less cocky then he was.

Shamrock began to try and fight back, but an elbow he tried was dodged by Kane, and he ended up slamming his elbow into the steel. Kane then grabbed Shamrock by the throat and pressed him against the steel, letting go of the armlock at the same time. Shamrock pulled at Kane's arm, but the big red machine seemed to be possessed, as Kane didn't even change his grip. Shamrock ended up freeing himself with a field goal low blow to Kane, and then chop blocked Kane in the leg, knocking the big man off his feet. Shamrock then grabbed Kane's foot, and locked in his Ankle Lock! Kane yelled out in pain, but grabbed hold of the nearby cage side, and using all of his strength pulled Shamrock in, causing Shamrock to smash into the cage. Kane then got to his feet, grabbed Shamrock, before lifting him up and slamming him to the mat with a Chokeslam! The crowd then went crazy as Kane set Shamrock up for the Sharpshooter! When the camera went to look at Owen & Mankind though, Owen was walking out of shot. The camera followed, and from behind part of the staging, Owen pulled out a lead pipe. He tapped Mankind on the shoulder, then slammed the pipe over Mankind's head - then pushed him OFF THE STAGE! Mankind went through the tables and landed on top of the lighting and sound equipment. Kane let go of the Sharpshooter, and looked at Mankind, before looking up at Owen, and shaking his head. It proved to be a big mistake though, as Shamrock rolled Kane up, at the same time grabbing his ankle. Shamrock locked the ankle lock in, and scissored his legs to stop Kane from moving. It seemed like hours before Kane tapped out, but it really about 45 seconds, but still a long time. Shamrock let go of the hold, and took his IC Title Belt, as Owen began to laugh madly at what had happened.

Jim Ross: What the hell is wrong with Owen Hart? First he's friendly, and then he just threw Mankind off the stage!

Tony Chimel: I think Mankind needs medical help, he's not moving. Someone get the EMT's fast!

Jim Ross: The bottom line of this story is that Ken Shamrock retains the Intercontinental Title thanks to that distraction by Owen Hart, but I don't think Owen did that to help Shamrock.

Winner: Ken Shamrock

The paramedics finally got to Mankind, and put a neck brace on him. Meanwhile, Shamrock passed Owen on the ramp, and shook his head at him as Owen continued to laugh at the carnage he had caused. Lifting Mankind onto a stretcher, the EMT's began to wheel him away. Kane got to a leg, and Owen suddenly stopped laughing. Kane shouted "YOU!" and stood up, and Owen quickly retreated backstage.

---Wrestlemania 15 - Coming to you live from the First Union Center in Philadelphia---

WWF World Title

The obligatory roar from the crowd was easily heard as the glass shattered, and out walked Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin made his way down to the ring, where he climbed to one turnbuckle and flipped the bird, then another turnbuckle, then another, then the last turnbuckle. Austin then lay against the ropes and waited for the Rock's entrance. "If You Smell..." hit the arena, and the Rock stepped out with the WWF Title round his waist. He got in the ring, and took the belt off and gave it to the referee. The bell rung, and the two men began to circle each other. They both went for a test of strength, but Rock backed off into a corner and began to mess around with his boot. Austin had already had enough of waiting, and went over to go at Rock. It proved to be a distraction though by Rock, as he elbowed Austin in the ribs. He followed this up with a few of his distinctive punches, but Austin ducked one and goes for the Stunner. Rock managed to shove Austin out of the way and he dashed into a corner to regroup. Austin didn't waste anytime again though, but this time dodged a backhand from Rock, bounced off the ropes and jumps ontop of Rock with a Lou Thesz Press! Austin began to hammer away at Rock with punches raining down on Rock's skull, until the referee forced Austin off. Rock got up with the help of the ropes, and ducked a clothesline from Austin, lifting the challenger over his back and to the outside. Austin managed to land on the apron though, and spun Rock round. A quick finger followed by a kick sent Rock back, allowing Austin to get back in the ring and lift Rock up for a bodyslam. Rock tried to roll out of the ring, but Austin had none of it, stomping once on Rock's head, and then lifting him up for a powerslam. Austin then covered Rock, but only got a 2 count.

Jim Ross: Austin all over Rock here in the early going, but there's always a trick up Rock's sleeve, and we've yet to see that so far in this encounter.

Austin lifted Rock up again, and this time suplexes the champion. Another cover, and a 2 count once more. Austin complained to the referee, before he grabbed Rock from behind and dragged him to his feet. Austin lifted Rock up, and despite Rock's best efforts to stop it, nailed him with a backdrop. Rock crawled over to the corner, but it proved to be another error as Austin came into the corner and began to stomp a mudhole in Rock. Lifting Rock to the second rope, Austin went to punch him, but got a face full of boot from Rock. Staggering back, Austin walked into another kick to the face, and Rock jumped off the turnbuckle and nailed a double axe handle to Austin's head, and Stone Cold was sent crashing to the mat. Rock took a moment to get his breath back against the ropes, before picking Austin up off the mat. A clothesline sent Austin back down, and Rock went for the cover. He only got a 2 count though, and that led to him stomping the hell out of Austin on the floor. He eventually got Austin back to his feet, and whipped Stone Cold into the ropes. As Austin came back, Rock lifted him up and slammed him right back down with the Spinebuster. Rock then kicked Austin's arm to one side, and stood on either side of Austin's leg, then began to pull his elbow pad down. Throwing the pad into the crowd, Rock then ran into the ropes, jumped over Austin to the ropes the opposite side, and as he bounced back went for the Corporation Elbow - but Austin moved out of the way! Rock clutched his elbow, as Austin slowly pushed himself to his feet. Both men eventually got to their feet, and Rock grabbed Austin for the Rock Bottom. Austin though spun Rock round, kicked him in the gut and nailed the Stone Cold Stunner! Austin went for the cover - 1, 2, lights go out.

"Steve Austin...it is time to feel the true power of the Dark Side..."

The lights came back on, and the referee was unconscious - and the Undertaker was standing in the middle of the ring. Austin tried to get to his feet to attack Taker, but he was knocked down by a big boot. Undertaker then lifted Austin up to his feet, and set him up for a Tombstone Piledriver. Taker dropped to his knees and Austin is easily KO'ed. Rock meanwhile was getting to his feet, and as Taker turned around he kicked the deadman, then landed the Rock Bottom on Undertaker! Rolling Taker out of the ring, Rock then covered Austin. Another referee rushed to the ring, and amidst an overwhelming amount of boo's, he counted the 3 and Rock retains the WWF Title.

Winner: The Rock

Jim Ross: Damnit! Undertaker screws Austin out of the WWF World Title with a Tombstone Piledriver.

Tony Chimel: But how smart was it for the Rock to give Undertaker the Rock Bottom. When you think about it, Taker is entering number 1 in the Royal Rumble, but despite that he's still a huge threat to The Rock! Anyway folks, the Royal Rumble is up next, and it's going to be an amazing spectacle!

Edited by Katsuya

I dont mind... Its nothing like 99 but its still ok... Would have rathered seeing Bossman and Test retain though... I'm thinking we might be heading for Rock vs Taker at St. Valentines Massacre and then Rock vs Taker vs Austin at WrestleMania... Heres hoping anyway... Dont take the belt off Rocky either... He was so good when he was Corporate...

• 6 months later...

WWF Royal Rumble Match

Kane V Test V X-Pac V Undertaker V Mankind V Animal V Hawk V Goldust V Ken Shamrock V Big Bossman V Gerry Briscoe V Pat Patterson V Big Stevie Cool V Da Blue Guy V Owen Hart V Jeff Jarrett V Bradshaw V Faarooq V Jushin Thunder Liger V Road Dogg V Billy Gunn V Taz V Earthquake V The Great Muta V Bubba Ray Dudley V D-Von Dudley V Val Venis V Kurt Angle V Triple H V ???

Howard Finkel: Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now time for the Royal Rumble Match! Here are the rules. Superstars have been given a number from 1 to 30. That number represents when they will be entered into the match itself. In just a moment, the wrestlers who drew numbers 1 and 2 will enter. Every 2 minutes after that, the next wrestler will enter until the 30th entrant has entered the ring. When 29 superstars have been eliminated, the remaining wrestler will be the winner of the Royal Rumble, and earn a WWF World Title Shot at Wrestlemania!

There is no need for the music of number one to play, as we already know that it's Undertaker, who is slowly pulling himself up in one of the ring corners, having been left out by The Rock. With that, the lights go out in the arena as everyone gets ready for number two.

THIS...IS...TAAAAAAAAAAAAZ!

All the ECW fans in the arena went wild as it was Taz who entered the Rumble at 2. Taz took no time in getting to the ring and entering it, and began to bounce on the mat as the bell rang to start the match. Undertaker stared at Taz as the significantly smaller Taz stared right back. Taz advanced and went to punch Taker, but Taker simply grabbed Taz's arm and began to twist it. Taz landed a kick to Taker, and it seemed to stun the deadman slightly. It was enough to make him let go of Taz's arm, and Taz began to punch away at Undertaker. With the effects of the Rock Bottom maybe taking hold of Taker, Taz managed to back Taker into a corner. Beginning to punch away at Taker, Taz then backed up and went for a clothesline - but ran right into a big boot. Taz staggered backwards, and fell to a knee. Taker then landed a big forearm to the back of Taz's head. A knee to the gut kept Taz winded, as Taker whipped him into a corner. Taker then tried to lift Taz up over the ropes, as the clock began to count down from 10 to 0. Taz raked the eyes of Taker, and managed to get off the ropes as the buzzer went - and the lights went off.

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz

ENTRANT 3 - Kane

The pyro blasted off into the corners, and out walked Kane. Noticeably, Kane was favouring the ankle which Shamrock had his lock on as he entered the ring while Taz and Taker exchanged blows. Immediately Kane went for his older brother with an uppercut, and then elbowed Taz in the face. Kane continued to go after his brother though, and kicked Taker in the stomach. Pushing Taker against the ropes, Kane tried to push him over the ropes. Taker though resisted, and punched Kane in the face. Kane responded by beginning to choke Taker, and whipped Taker into the ropes opposite, before showing some amazing strength and gave Undertake a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Taz jumped Kane from behind though, jumping on top of Kane's back and locking in a sleeper hold, at the same time punching away at Kane's head. The clock began to count down from 10, as Kane reversed into a turnbuckle, squashing Taz at the same time, as the music of the Ministry played.

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane

ENTRANT 4 - Faarooq

Faarooq walked down to the ring as Kane crushed Taz with a clothesline. Kane began to try and push Taz over the rope, but trying to revenge his dark master Faarooq kicked Kane and saved Taz at the same time. Faarooq bodyslammed Kane to the mat, and began to stomp on him as Undertaker began to get to his feet. Taz saw this, and locked in a front facelock. Faarooq went over and clobbered Taz in the face with an elbow, followed by a backdrop. Faarooq signalled for the Dominator, and lifted Taz up. Taz though fought back with a punch, followed by a belly to belly suplex with took down the former NOD leader. Taz then got behind Faarooq, and locked in the Tazmission! Kane meanwhile went and punched his brother, then told Taz to lift Faarooq up. Taz agreed, as Kane kicked Faarooq in the stomach. Taz then let go, and Kane rushed forward and threw Faarooq over the top rope. The clock began to count down again, as Taz jumped onto Kane's back again and locked in the Tazmission!

ELIMINATED - Faarooq (by Kane)

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane

ENTRANT 5 - The Great Muta

Muta hit the ring fast, running in and sliding across nearly the full length of the apron. Muta immediately kicked Kane in the leg, causing the big man to fall to his other knee, allowing Taz to lock the Tazmission in even more. Muta then turned his attention to Undertaker with a dropkick, but Taker managed to dodge it. Taker then gave Muta a legdrop to the back of the head, as Kane fell to the mat as Taz kept the hold synched in tight. Undertaker began to choke the hell out of Muta, and then lifted Muta up by the throat. He went for a chokeslam, but Muta slipped out of it, and landed behind Taker. Muta then landed a Reverse DDT onto Taker, and then went for Taz. A stomp finally made Taz let go of Kane, but the big man seemed unconscious anyway. Muta lifted Taz up and gave him an enziguri as the clock began to run down again. Muta simply looked down the aisle with his fingers in his mouth as the buzzer went...and did you know?

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta

ENTRANT 6 - Road Dogg

The D-O-Double G was the next entrant, and he quickly made his way to the ring. Before he could enter in though, Muta did a suicide dive through the top and middle ropes, spearing Dogg to the mat but not eliminating himself. With Muta and Dogg down outside, this allowed Taz to try and eliminate Kane and Undertaker. He first went to try and lift Kane oer the top rope, but due to the fact Kane was more or less a dead weight by now, Taz changed his attention to Taker. Lifting Taker up to his feet, Taz grabbed him from behind and gave the deadman a German suplex. This turned out to be another mistake though, as Taz couldn't therefore lift Taker up. On the outside, Muta whipped Dogg into the steel steps before climbing to the top rope. Taz didn't see him until it was too late, and ended up on the receiving end of a cross body as the clock began to run down again. Dogg rolled himself back in the ring as the 4 wrestlers in the ring were down.

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta, Road Dogg

ENTRANT 7 - Jushin Thunder Liger

The first champion entered the match in the form of Jushin Liger, who as soon as he got in the ring went for Great Muta. Liger landed an elbow to the back of the head, then lifted Muta up to give him a suplex. Liger went over to the turnbuckle, and went for a moonsault much like he did earlier in the night. This time though, Muta moved out of the way and Liger crashed and burned on the mat. Kane finally showed signs of movement, grabbing hold of the bottom rope and attempting to pull himself up using that. Undertaker meanwhile just sat up, and stared at Kane before getting to his feet. Moving to attack his younger brother, Taker kicked him in the ribs and tried to throw him over. Road Dogg saw this as a chance to eliminate both men, trying to push Undertaker over the rope at the same time. Instead, he got an elbow in the face and Undertaker's attention for his troubles. The clock counted down from 10 once again, as Muta, Liger & Taz began to get back up.

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta, Road Dogg, Jushin Thunder Liger

ENTRANT 8 - Bubba Ray Dudley

Bubba made his way to the ring, not before arguing with some fans at ringside. On the apron, he punched Kane in the head before climbing into the ring. Bubba went over to Taz and helped him up, before shaking hands with his ex-ECW counterpart. The two then began to punch and stomp away at Kane, while Muta and Liger got up and began to fight with each other...again. Undertaker meanwhile pressured Road Dogg into a corner, and lifted Dogg onto the ropes. Dogg held onto the ropes for dear life though, refusing to let Taker push him over. Taker was relentless though, and began to choke Dogg against the turnbuckle pad. This was finally broken up by Bubba Dudley who kicked Taker, allowing Dogg to roll back in the ring. Taz came over to help Bubba, and they both whipped Taker into the opposite corner. Bubba then squashed Taker into the corner, followed by a running elbow by Taz, then a running spin kick by Jushin Liger, and finally a handspring elbow from Muta. All four men then worked together to try and push Taker over the top rope as the next entrant's music played.

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta, Road Dogg, Jushin Thunder Liger, Bubba Ray Dudley

ENTRANT 9 - Big Bossman

Bossman quickly got to ringside, but before he got in the ring he pulled out his nightstick. Rolling into the ring, he smacked the nightstick first over the head of Road Dogg, then a shot to Kane's back took the big red machine down to the mat again. Bossman then focused his attention on the four men trying to eliminate Undertaker. First he hit Muta in the leg, then another one to the neck. Liger realised what was happening, and went to kick Bossman in the head. Bossman ducked though, and pulled his nightstick from in between Liger's legs - the hard way. Another shot took Taz to the mat, but finally someone stopped Bossman in the way of Bubba Dudley. Bubba kicked Bossman, and then whipped Bossman into the ropes. Bossman shot back, but grabbed Bubba and slammed him with a Sidewalk Slam. Bossman then lifted Bubba up, and pushed him against the ropes. Bossman then smacked Bubba in the head with the nightstick. The momentum allowed Bossman to toss Bubba over the top rope and eliminate him. Being the only man still standing, Bossman waited for the next entrant to arrive.

ELIMINATED - Bubba Ray Dudley (by Big Bossman)

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta, Road Dogg, Jushin Thunder Liger, Big Bossman

ENTRANT 10 - Pat Patterson

Patterson got in the ring and started to talk with Bossman, and both men went over to Kane. They began to lift him up over the ropes, but Kane had rested long enough to give Bossman an uppercut, and then gave Patterson a big boot to the face. Kane then grabbed Patterson by the throat and chokeslammed the legend over the top rope and to the floor outside. Bossman went to get revenge for Patterson, but a clothesline was blocked and Kane nearly got Bossman over the top rope. Bossman though managed to hang on, but Kane used this to lift Bossman into a gorilla press position, then drop him throat first onto the ropes. Everyone else was getting up by now, and little fights breaking out once again. Road Dogg and Taz began to brawl around the ring, while Undertaker took advantage of Liger & Muta fighting once again and clotheslined both of them. Nothing really else of interest before the next entry, apart from Taz nearly getting eliminated by Road Dogg

ELIMINATED - Pat Patterson (by Kane)

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta, Road Dogg, Jushin Thunder Liger, Big Bossman

ENTRANT 11 - Triple H

The DX Leader came down to the ring next, and immediately began to clean house. First he clotheslined Taz, followed by a running knee to the face of Kane. Bossman ended up getting a kick to the gut, and Triple H set him up, and successfully delivered the Pedigree to him! Road Dogg went over to help his DX team mate, and they both attacked Undertaker. Taker though fought back, and successfully took both men down with punches. A bodyslam to Triple H was followed by a powerslam to Road Dogg, as Taker slammed him down with a suplex. As Taker got up though, Liger kicked him in the stomach and gave him an enziguri. Liger then tried to lift Undertaker up and over the rope, but struggled just to get Taker to one leg. Kane staggered over to Liger, obviously starting to feel the effects of being in the match for over 15 minutes, and punched the Lightweight Champion. Great Muta walked over and helped Kane attack Liger, with both men beginning to lift him over the ropes as the buzz went to signify Entry 12.

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta, Road Dogg, Jushin Thunder Liger, Big Bossman, Triple H

ENTRANT 12 - Gerry Briscoe

Briscoe walked out, but instead of getting into the ring, he just stood by the outside and looked at the fighting inside the ring. Kane spotted him though, and climbed out of the ring and began to chase after him. Briscoe ended up getting in the ring, but as Kane went to follow, Bossman jumped on top of him and began to punch away, while Briscoe cowered in a corner. Nearby, Taz and Road Dogg were getting to their feet and trading punches as the same time. Taz went to lock in the Tazmission, but a low blow stopped the suplex machine. Dogg followed up with the Shake, Rattle N' Roll, knocking Taz to the floor. Jushin Liger freed himself from Muta, and slapped Muta across the chest with a chop. Muta returned the favour with a chop of his own, then a kick to the ribs. Liger grabbed Muta's leg the next time he went for a kick though, and gave Muta a dragon screw takedown. The separate brawls continued as the clock ran down, as Kane got to his feet.

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta, Road Dogg, Jushin Thunder Liger, Big Bossman, Triple H, Gerry Briscoe

ENTRANT 13 - ???

Shawn Michaels appeared on the titantron, and began to laugh.

Michaels: Hey guys, looks like you're having fun in the rumble match. Well, it's time for my mystery entrant, and believe me, it's going to be a very big shock to alot of people.

All the people in the ring stopped fighting and looked down the ramp. No music was playing until....

OH, OH, OH....SHAWN!

I THINK I'M CUTE, I KNOW I'M SEXY...

The Arrowhead Pond erupted in cheers as SHAWN MICHAELS strutted out from behind the curtain. The camera zoomed in on Triple H in the middle of the ring, looking on in disbelief with alot more doing the same around the world. Michaels got up on the apron, and got in the ring. Immediately Jushin Liger went for HBK, only to receive a Sweet Chin Music. Bossman ran at Michaels, only to get some Sweet Chin Music as well. Gerry Briscoe tried to shoulder barge Shawn, but Michaels simply grabbed Briscoe by the head and threw him over and out of the ring. With Michael's back turned, Taz jumped up on the commissioner and locked in the Tazmission - for about 3 seconds, as Michaels elbowed Taz in the stomach and nailed the superkick. Road Dogg and Kane also got some Sweet Chin, leaving only one other person standing up - Triple H. Both Michaels and HHH stared each other down, and then began to punch each other. H managed to kick Michaels, and went for the Pedigree, only for Michaels to power out with a backdrop. As HHH and Road Dogg stumbled to their feet against the ropes, Michaels ran forward and ended up eliminating himself, Road Dogg and Triple H with a clothesline. Michaels ended up leaving through the crowd as everyone else tried to get to their feet, when the buzzer went.

ELIMINATED - Gerry Briscoe (by Shawn Michaels), Triple H (by Shawn Michaels), Shawn Michaels (by Himself), Road Dogg (by Shawn Michaels)

IN RING: Undertaker, Taz, Kane, Great Muta, Jushin Thunder Liger, Big Bossman

ENTRANT 14 - Owen Hart

The cheers for Michaels quickly changed to boos as Owen Hart walked out. Owen seemed to be laughing as he got in the ring, where his first target was Kane. Owen punched the big man in the kidneys, quickly being joined in his assault by Taz. Taz locked in a sleeper hold, allowing Owen to get some free shots on Kane. Undertaker sat up suddenly, and walked over to his brother and his attackers. Taker pushed Owen away, and told Taz to lift Kane up even more. The few cheers scattered around turned into boos as Taker pulled his arm back to hit Kane - but instead he hit Owen! The crowd erupted into cheers once again, as Taker clotheslined Owen. Taz jumped onto Undertaker's back though and locked in the Tazmission. Kane though grabbed the suplex machine and yanked him off his brother's back. The brothers then grabbed Taz by the throat and chokeslammed him over the top rope! Both men looked at each other and nodded their heads. Muta and Liger spotted this as a chance to surprise them though, and dropkicked them against the ropes as the buzzer went.

ELIMINATED - Taz (by Undertaker & Kane)

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Great Muta, Jushin Thunder Liger, Big Bossman, Owen Hart

ENTRANT 15 - Da Blue Guy

The bWo music hit the arena, and walking out from the back came Da Blue Guy, wearing the WWF Tag Team Title belt over his shoulder. Before he even got into the ring, Jushin and Muta went to eliminate Undertaker & Kane by double clotheslining them. The Lightweight enemies ended up being eliminated themselves though, as Undertaker and Kane ducked down and lifted Muta and Liger over the top rope, causing them to crash to the floor below. Noticeably, Blue Guy was very hesitant in getting in the ring after seeing this. When he did, it wasn't Undertaker & Kane who went after him though. Instead, it was Bossman, obviously determined to have revenge after losing his titles the night before. Punching away at Blue Guy and therefore not letting him get to his feet, Bossman eventually tried to lift Blue Guy up and over the top rope. On the other side of the ring, Owen was trying to survive against Taker and Kane who both attempted to get him out of the ring. Soon, the 16th entrant's music played, with no change in the ring.

ELIMINATED - Jushin Thunder Liger (by Undertaker & Kane), The Great Muta (by Undertaker & Kane)

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Big Bossman, Owen Hart, Da Blue Guy

ENTRANT 16 - Test

Bossman smiled as his tag partner Test came rushing down to ringside, and both men attacked Blue Guy. Of course, the attraction of two Corporation members proved too much for Undertaker, determined to get one up for the Ministry. Taker first squashed Test into the corner with an elbow, and then gave Bossman a sharp punch. Taker seemed to be running low on gas though, as he took a lot of time in between hitting both men. Blue Guy meanwhile found this as a way to recover in the corner on the opposite side, while Kane and Owen Hart traded punches with each other, both fuelled with hate for each other, as well as in Kane's case, vengeance for Mankind earlier in the night. Test and Bossman eventually managed to work together and stop Undertaker's advances, and cornered the deadman. Both men began to stomp on Taker, which brought Blue Guy out of the corner. He tried to help Taker by attacking Test, but ended up on the receiving end of a Bossman Slam as time ran out again.

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Big Bossman, Owen Hart, Da Blue Guy, Test

ENTRANT 17 - Hawk

"Ohhhhhh What a Rush" echoed through the arena as Hawk came out. As soon as Hawk got in the ring, he went and punched Bossman, then Test, then Owen, then finally Undertaker. When he went after Kane though, he got a uppercut followed by a short arm clothesline, as Kane stood tall in the ring. Test tried to sneak up on Kane with a big boot, but Kane saw Test just in time to duck the boot. This led to Test being crotched on the ropes, and Kane with a chance to eliminate him. A punch ended up causing Test to fall to the apron, and he managed to roll back in the ring before Kane could eliminate him. Blue Guy meanwhile tried to get Bossman out of the ring, but Bossman fought back with blows to the head. Bossman went to eliminate Blue Guy again, but with Test still down, he struggled to get anywhere. Hawk and Owen meanwhile began to brawl with each other, as the fans counted down once again to 0.

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Big Bossman, Owen Hart, Da Blue Guy, Test, Hawk

ENTRANT 18 - Big Stevie Cool

The bWo music played for the second time in just over 5 minutes, as Big Stevie hurried to ringside to help out his partner. Bossman and Stevie began to punch each other, with Bossman ending up with the advantage. Bossman whipped Stevie into the ropes and tried to give him the Bossman Slam. Stevie managed to avoid the Slam though, getting behind Bossman. As Bossman turned round, Stevie gave him the Stevie Kick, sending Bossman back into the ropes. Stevie charged and clotheslined Bossman over the ropes, eliminating the former tag champ. Test however had broken free of Kane and threw Stevie over at the same time. This led to Meanie rushing and body splashing Test over the top rope, but at the same time Test brought Meanie with him, causing all four of the people involved in the tag match earlier to be eliminated in less than 5 seconds! The four remaining competitors all fought each other with nothing much else happening until number 19 hit the ring.

ELIMINATED: Big Bossman (by Big Stevie Cool), Big Stevie Cool (by Test), Test (by Da Blue Guy), Da Blue Guy (by Test)

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk

ENTRANT 19 - Jeff Jarrett

The country music played, and running down to the ring came Hart's partner Jarrett. Of course, this led to Canadian Country double teaming Kane, causing the Big Red Machine even more damage. Undertaker and Hawk traded places punching each other in the turnbuckle, with Hawk eventually managing to lift Taker half out of the ring before the Deadman fought back and rolled into the ring. Hart and Jarrett managed to whip Kane chest first into the turnbuckle, and as Kane staggered back, Jarrett went for the Stroke. Kane managed to break free though and grab Jarrett by the throat, kicking Owen in the stomach at the same time. Kane then lifted Jarrett up for a chokeslam, but Jarrett slipped out from behind the move. Jarrett then grabbed Kane and brought him down to the ground with the Stroke! Canadian Country then both grabbed one of Kane's arms and began to lift him on to the top rope, attempting to eliminate the big man there and then. Kane somehow managed to cling onto the ropes, as the buzz went for number 20.

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett

ENTRANT 20 - Kurt Angle

"Real American" blared out through the arena and out came Kurt Angle, prancing up and down the ramp. Noticeably, all 5 wrestlers in the ring stopped fighting with each other and stared at Angle as he walked up the steel steps. He placed his medals over the turnbuckle, and got inside the ring. He went in the middle, and began to look around. It took him about 2 seconds to realise that everyone else had circled him into the middle of the ring. First of all, it was Owen who kicked him in the stomach, followed by an enziguri kick. This sent Angle staggering forwards into a Flying Clothesline from the top rope from Hawk. Kane then walked over and grabbed the fallen Angle by the throat, lifting him up for a chokeslam. Angle slammed down hard on the mat, leading to Jarrett locking in the Figure Four. Angle writhed in pain and tapped out repeatedly, but Jarrett seemed to take no notice until Taker grabbed Angle by the head. Undertaker lifted Angle to his feet and with everyone else, launched him over the top rope, much to the fans delight. Nothing much happened while the 5 men left in the ring just brawled until the next entry.

ELIMINATED: Kurt Angle (by everyone in the ring)

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett

ENTRANT 21 - Earthquake

A good reception for the veteran, as Earthquake came out to the ring. As soon as he got into the squared circle, he went to help Kane who was once again being attacked by Canadian Country. A punch stunned Jarrett, and this allowed Kane to dodge a punch from Owen. With Kane and Quake in control, they began to hammer away at Canadian Country, eventually leading up to Quake splashing Jarrett, then Kane chokeslamming Owen onto Jarrett to do even more damage. Meanwhile, Undertaker and Hawk were still fighting on the other side of the ring, with neither man really doing anything to gain an advantage against the other. The attack on Hart & Jarrett continued meanwhile, with Kane pushing both men into the corner. This allowed Earthquake to rush forward and splash him in the turnbuckle, with both men falling to the floor grabbing their chests. Quake and Kane continued to attack them until the next entrant came out.

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett, Earthquake

ENTRANT 22 - Billy Gunn

"Ass Man" blared, and Gunn ran into the ring. Immediately he grabbed Quake, spun him round and kicked him in the stomach, followed by the Fameasser. Kane went to help his new found friend, but as Gunn rose to his feet, he low blowed Kane and followed that up with a Fameasser. Gunn then did the same to Hawk, and eventually did the same to Undertaker. With everyone else down, Gunn began to clap his own performance. All of a sudden "If You Smell..." rang out, and out came the WWF Champion. Gunn and Rock had a stare down, and Gunn did a belt signal round his waist, to which Rock shrugged his shoulders. The time they took taunting each other proved costly somewhat for Gunn, as Owen got to his feet and landed a forearm on Gunn. Rock laughed, and walked over to the announce table, sitting on it to get a good vantage point. Owen continued to beat on Gunn as the clock in the corner of the screen ran down to 0, with everyone managing to get to their feet by the time the buzzer went.

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett, Earthquake, Billy Gunn

ENTRANT 23 - Bradshaw

The Ministry music played, and out walked the second Acolyte in Bradshaw. He immediately went to help Undertaker by giving Hawk the Clothesline From Hell, taking the LOD member out. Bradshaw's stay in the Rumble only proved to be a very small one, as Owen Hart rushed forward and tossed him over the top rope with considerable ease. Owen then began to punch the Undertaker, but was stopped by Gunn who fought his way back up to a standing base, raining blows down on Owen's skull as he did so. For a moment it looked as if Gunn was about to eliminate Owen, but Kane walked over and pulled Gunn away. Earthquake tackled Billy to the floor, while Kane continued to take revenge for Mankind on Owen. Chokeslamming Owen into the turnbuckle, Kane started to choke Owen. Hart began to turn blue in the face, until Jarrett scrambled to his feet and elbowed Kane in the small of the back. Stunning Kane long enough, Jarrett was able to deliver The Stroke and save his partner as entrant 24 appeared.

ELIMINATED: Bradshaw (by Owen Hart)

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett, Earthquake, Billy Gunn

ENTRANT 24 - D-Von Dudley

The second Dudley boy quickly made his way down the entrance way and into the ring. Being the freshest man by nearly five minutes, D-Von was able to knee Jarrett in the chest, then throw him towards the top rope. Owen was able to lift the top rope up though, so Jeff was sent through the middle rope and to the floor. Having seen this, D-Von poked Owen in the eye, then started to ram his shoulder into Owen's chest. In the opposite corner, Undertaker was resting, having been in the match for 45 minutes at this point. Earthquake began to lift Gunn up and over the top rope, with Hawk helping by holding down the top rope. Gunn was able to hold the bottom rope though, and as Quake managed to topple Gunn over, Billy landed on the apron and rolled in, much to the chagrin of Hawk and Earthquake. Jarrett used the announcing table to lift himself up, before stumbling over to the mat and grabbing the leg of D-Von. Dudley simply kicked Jarrett in the face, but allowed Owen to land a field goal kick between the legs to rest. Owen rolled out of the ring to meet Jarrett as the buzzer went off.

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett, Earthquake, Billy Gunn, D-Von Dudley

ENTRANT 25 - Animal

"Ohhhhh What a Rush" was heard for the second time in the Rumble match, as Animal slowly walked out to the ring. Hawk smiled as his partner gave him the thumbs up, before both looked at Hart and Jarrett on the floor. Hawk hopped out of the ring as Animal slowly came over to Hart and Jarrett. Both men became aware of the LOD homing in on them, and made a break for the ring. D-Von and Earthquake blocked them though, allowing the LOD to charge with running clotheslines. Rolling Owen and Jeff in, D-Von and Quake helped stomp away as the four men standing took it to Canadian Country. By taking their eyes off of Billy Gunn though, they all made a mistake as Gunn leapt off the top rope, taking all four down with a high cross body. With the rest of the seven men down, Kane made his way to his feet - just as his brother did the same. The two monsters came face to face in the centre of the ring, just as the countdown began. The brothers stared down the entrance way, as the unlucky number 26 was...

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett, Earthquake, Billy Gunn, D-Von Dudley, Animal

ENTRANT 26 - Goldust

The bizzare one had his usual grand entrance, slowly making his way to the ring and the top rope. Having disrobed, Goldust hopped down to the ground and turned to face his new opponents. By doing so, he turned right into the hand of Kane, which found itself wrapped round the throat of Goldust soon after. Taker's hand also found itself around Goldust's throat, and the brothers united to double Chokeslam Goldust into the centre of the ring. The duo lifted him up, and then tossed the lifeless body out of the ring. As everyone else slowly crawled out of the pile of bodies on the floor, Taker and Kane continued to work together by stomping them all back to the floor. Finding their next target for elimination in D-Von Dudley, the brothers grabbed him by the throat, lifting Dudley up then chokeslamming him together. An easy throw to the outside saw another elimination, but Canadian Country managed to get up and take down Taker as Kane stared at the destroyed Dudley. Kane realised the trouble, and a 2 on 2 brawl started with the clock slowly running out.

ELIMINATED: Goldust (by Undertaker & Kane), D-Von Dudley (by Undertaker & Kane)

IN RING: Undertaker, Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett, Earthquake, Billy Gunn, Animal

ENTRANT 27 - X-Pac

The fans went wild as X-Pac ran to the ring, sliding between the four men fighting and straight to Gunn. Delivering some hard kicks as Billy tried to get up, Pac landed a spinning heel kick which sent Gunn bouncing into the ropes. Pac tried to lift Gunn up and over the rope, but Billy was too heavy for Pac to get a good leverage. The LOD meanwhile started to hammer away at Canadian Country, allowing Undertaker & Kane time to recover. Suddenly, someone was spotted running down the entrance ramp and then into the ring. The cameras quickly picked up on the fact it was Road Dogg! Dogg launched himself at Pac & Gunn, sending both men over the ropes and to the floor. Having been eliminated, Pac & Gunn continued to brawl regardless, but Dogg joined in the fight. As the referees tried to break everything up, another figure ran into the ring - STEVE AUSTIN! Austin quickly gave the Stunner to Kane, then to Taker. Austin sent Taker over the top rope and out of the ring, with the referees finally seeing Austin. Backup was sent to the ring to help separate the two fights, with the only fight in the ring being the ongoing struggle between the LOD & CC. As the road agents etc. brought everyone eliminated to the back, Number 28 joined the equation.

ELIMINATED: Billy Gunn (by Road Dogg), X-Pac (by Road Dogg), Undertaker (by Steve Austin)

IN RING: Kane, Owen Hart, Hawk, Jeff Jarrett, Earthquake, Animal

NUMBER 28 - Val Venis

Val Venis made his long awaited return to the Main Roster in a big way, throwing his towel into the crowd and got into the ring. With Jarrett finally beginning to fight back against Animal, Val clotheslined Jarrett to the floor. A backdrop stunned Jarrett a while longer, allowing Venis to climb to the top rope. Val signalled for the Money Shot, and launched himself off the top. Jarrett rolled out of the way though, causing Venis to splat on the mat. Earthquake made himself known again, splashing Val to add more damage. Meanwhile the LOD managed to double team Owen long enough for them to set up the Doomsday Device. As Hawk got himself to the top rope, Jarrett realised the problem his partner was in. Jarrett shoved Animal, causing Animal to stumble and fall over. Owen was sent into Hawk on the top rope, crotching Hawk and then out of the ring to the floor. Owen was able to grab the top rope though, and although one foot hit the floor, his other foot didn't. Hart managed to get onto the apron, but was still not safe. This was apparent as Earthquake tried to belly splash Owen off to the floor, but Hart thought fast and held down the top rope. Quake didn't go straight over though, instead having to be pushed over that little bit more by Owen and Jarrett. Hart slid under the bottom rope as the last mystery wrestler entered the Rumble.

ELIMINATED: Hawk (by Owen Hart, Jeff Jarrett & Animal), Earthquake (by Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett)

IN RING: Kane, Owen Hart, Jeff Jarrett, Animal, Val Venis

NUMBER 29 - Ken Shamrock

The Intercontinental Champion entered at possibly the best opportunity, but when he saw Kane beginning to stand up, the smile on Shamrock's face quickly disappeared. Shamrock got into the ring through the middle rope, charging Kane and attempting to tackle him to the ground. Kane stumbled, falling to one knee, allowing Shamrock to deliver an uppercut sending Kane to the mat. Hart and Jarrett watched as Val Venis attempted to eliminate Shamrock with an axe handle to the back, then trying to lift Shamrock over the rope. Ken elbowed Venis with the point of his elbow though, and then clotheslined Val out of the ring. As Animal lifted himself up against the ropes, Shamrock ran and clotheslined him over the top rope as well, leaving four men in the ring. A stare down followed between Hart, Jarrett and Shamrock, before all three began to stomp the hell out of Kane. Having decided they had done enough, the three slowly lifted Kane up against the ropes, and then tried to lift him out of the ring. Kane struggled against the ropes, as the others were unaware that the counter had started once again. The fans stood on their feet, as an ever familiar car crash signified number 30...

ELIMINATED: Val Venis (by Ken Shamrock), Animal (by Ken Shamrock)

IN RING: Kane, Owen Hart, Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock

NUMBER 30 - Mankind

Immediately the three men stopped attacking Kane and looked down the entrance way, waiting for Mankind to appear. He never did though, confusing everyone, until JR noted on commentary that Owen's attack earlier in the night must have took out Mankind. Owen and Shamrock continued to stare down the ramp though, completely unaware of the situation behind them. Kane had grabbed Jarrett by the throat, and proceeded to chokeslam Jeff out of the ring and eliminate him! Finally Shamrock and Owen realised what had happened, and went to jump Kane. A punch took down Owen, and Kane grabbed Shamrock by the throat. Ken broke the hold though, and sweeped Kane's leg from under him. Grabbing the ankle, Shamrock quickly locked in the ankle lock once again on Kane, who soon started to tap out. Owen got back up and began to stomp on Kane's head, as the fans booed heavily. Suddenly...

THE CAR CRASH HIT AGAIN!

From the back ran Mankind, as the fans went crazy. Owen and Ken looked on in horror as Mankind, full of bandages, rolled into the ring. When the duo tried to jump Mankind, he fought them away before putting Shamrock in the Mandible Claw! Shamrock struggled to fight it but Mankind held the hold on, pressuring Shamrock against the ropes. Ken began to topple over and a forearm to the ribs sent Ken right over! On the other side of the ring though, The Rock had stood up off the announce table, and taking the WWF Title Belt, smashed it over the back of Kane. Calling Owen Hart over, Owen nodded at Rock and dropkicked Kane, who eventually fell out of the ring, having lasted nearly a whole hour in the Rumble match. Owen taunted Kane, as Rock realised something. Shouting at Owen to turn around, Hart was confused as to what was going on. It proved to be the biggest mistake of the entire match though, as Mankind grabbed Owen and threw him out of the ring to be the last person in the ring!

ELIMINATED: Jeff Jarrett (by Kane), Ken Shamrock (by Mankind), Kane (by Owen Hart), Owen Hart (by Mankind)

IN RING & 1999 ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER - MANKIND!

Jim Ross: He did it! Mah Gawd, Mankind survived being thrown off the stage earlier in the night to beat Owen Hart here at the Royal Rumble!

Tony Chimel: Mankind is now the first person ever to win the Royal Rumble from the Number 30 spot, yet you have to give it to Owen Hart and Kane, both of them lasted over half an hour, Kane nearly broke the record for the Rumble match.

Jim Ross: So at Wrestlemania, we are going to see Mankind finally get his shot once again at The Rock, who will take home the WWF Title this time?

The show ends as Mankind has his arm raised, with Owen Hart in complete and utter shock, as well as The Rock shaking his head in disbelief. Mankind points at the WWF World Title, as The Rock takes a step back, before patting the belt on his shoulder.

www.wwfinside.com

ROYAL RUMBLE NEWS

There's lots of little news bits from the Royal Rumble last night that we need to go through.

- On the Sunday Night Heat pre-show, Edge & Christian defeated The Hardy Boys. The match is said to be just as good as the WWF Tag Title match on the actual Rumble Show. WWF officials are said to be thinking of bringing both teams up to the main roster, taking Edge and Christian away from Gangrel at the same time. Regarding The Hardy's and Steven Regal, that situation is unclear. This week on Loaded could be both teams last one though.

- Speaking of the WWF Tag Team Titles, not many people backstage thought that the bWo would take the titles from The Corporation. The fact that another ECW wrestler appeared at the Rumble (Rob Van Dam) has had people talking about whether or not Paul Heyman's money trouble will lead to a possible ECW takeover.

- Expect Kane, Ken Shamrock, Jeff Jarrett & Owen Hart on your screens alot more. Last night is set to be the beginning for all four to have big pushes, mainly because of the Rumble match itself. The WWF backstage were said to be shocked that Kane was able to compete in not only the Intercontinental Title match, but also last nearly an hour in the Rumble match. With what happened regarding Owen Hart & Mankind, reports are that the Main Event of the next WWF PPV (more on that in a minute) will be between Hart & Mankind, for the Wrestlemania Title Shot. With regards to Jarrett & Shamrock, WWF are said to be very happy with both men's work as of late, so expect Jarrett to get some title shots, and Shamrock to keep the IC Title for the time being.

- One match for Wrestlemania that is being talked about is a DX vs DX match. We have seen problems over thepast few weeks with regards to Triple H and Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn, as well as to a lesser degree Chyna and X-Pac. Michaels is said to be willing to have one more match, as long as he does not have to do too much work (which would aggravate his back problems).

- February's PPV has been changed. Anyone who bought tickets was notified a few days ago that the date had changed to the 28th February, cancelling the idea of the "St. Valentine's Day Massacre". Instead, they will use the "No Way Out" name they used last year, but not using the "of Texas" bit.

- Finally, the Main Event slot is set to be added to in the upcoming months, because of a large steal from the WCW roster. Only people very high up actually know who the steal is, but that hasn't stopped people from putting around rumours, ranging from names such as Goldberg, Sting, Nash & Hogan down to Disco Inferno and Alex Wright.

- Royal Rumble Stats

• Most Eliminations: Kane, 9 Eliminations
  • Longest Time In Match: Kane, 57 Minutes, 6 Seconds
  • Shortest Time In Match: Bradshaw, 17 Seconds

UPDATED LOADED ROSTER; MONDAY LOADED CARD

Loaded Championship: Val Venis

Loaded Tag Championship: Matt & Jeff Hardy w/ Steven Regal

Loaded Commisioner: George Steele

Shelton Benjamin ~ Minnesota Stretching Crew ~

David Cash ~ Managed By: Jerry Lawler ~

Christian ~ Edge & Christian ~

Edge ~ Edge & Christian ~

Gangrel

Charlie Haas ~ The Haas Brothers ~

Russ Haas ~ The Haas Brothers ~

Bob Holly ~ J.O.B Squad ~

Ice

Lo-Ki

K-Krush

Kurrgan ~ Managed By: Jerry Lawler ~

Brock Lesnar ~ Minnesota Stretching Crew ~

Randy Orton ~ Managed By: Jerry Lawler ~

Scorpio ~ J.O.B Squad ~

Lance Storm ~ Managed By: Jerry Lawler ~

MONDAY CARD

Gangrel w/ Mystery Woman V K-Krush

J.O.B Squad V Minnesota Stretching Crew

Lance Storm, Kurrgan & Randy Orton V George Steele & The Haas Brothers

Loaded Tag Championship: The Hardy Boys w/ Steven Regal V Ice & Lo-Ki

Loaded Championship: Val Venis V David Cash

Edited by Katsuya

Raw is War Preview - 25/01/99

Last night at the Royal Rumble, we saw Mankind eliminate Owen Hart last to win the Rumble match, winning the opportunity to take on The Rock at Wrestlemania XV. It was a night of mixed fortunes for Mankind though, as Hart had thrown him off the stage through tables, lights and other equipment nearby. This proved to be a distraction that caused Kane to lose his Intercontinental Title match to Ken Shamrock. Later on in the night, Kane eliminated nine men in the Rumble match itself, lasting nearly a whole hour before The Rock (who was at ringside) helped Hart eliminate the monster. Tonight though, there will be no mercy for Hart, as Kane gets a chance for revenge one on one in the night's main event. Will Mankind or Rock play any part in this match? Or perhaps The Undertaker, who worked with Kane numerous times throughout the Rumble match - maybe even Steve Austin, who was once again stopped in his tracks by the Phenom.

One of the most interesting incidents over the past weeks has been the gradual breakdown of DX. Billy Gunn and Road Dogg went to a draw last night in their match, with things getting even more confusing later on in the Rumble match, as Road Dogg took both Gunn and X-Pac out late on. The three men continued to brawl on the outside, showing no sign of unity. Shawn Michaels has booked the three men in a match tonight, with the winner getting a title shot of their choice at the next PPV in February, No Way Out. Speaking of Shawn Michaels, the commisioner entered himself at number 13 in the Rumble match, eliminating Road Dogg and Triple H. Tonight, Michaels is set to introduce the newest member of the "Real DX".

Also tonight, two matches that are fallout from the Rumble. The Lightweight Title stayed around the waist of Jushin Thunder Liger thanks to Rob Van Dam making his debut and taking out The Great Muta. As such, Muta has found a tag partner in Yoshihiro Tajiri, and made the challenge to Liger & Van Dam, which they accepted. Jeff Jarrett lasted nearly 25 minutes in the Rumble, Earthquake 15 minutes. Tonight the two will face each other, in what is sure to be a tough challenge for Jarrett.

Confirmed Matches:

Grudge Match

Kane V Owen Hart

Winner Gets Any Title Shot

Road Dogg V Billy Gunn V X-Pac

Rumble Fallout

Jeff Jarrett V Earthquake

Rumble Fallout

The Great Muta & Yoshihiro Tajiri V Jushin Thunder Liger & Rob Van Dam

wwfinside.com

MONDAY LOADED RESULTS

---The show opens with George Steele discussing the events of Super Sunday. He says that Jerry Lawler might believe he is going to take over Loaded, but the truth is nothing like that. Steele announces on Saturday's show, it will be Steele V Lawler for the Commisioner Spot in a No DQ match.

Minnesota Stretching Crew def. J.O.B Squad (Lesnar and Benjamin work together first to incapacitate Holly, then delivered a spinning double neckbreaker to Scorpio, followed by Benjamin pinning Scorpio.)

Lance Storm, Kurrgan & Randy Orton def. George Steele & The Haas Brothers (Lawler's team came out victorious, no thanks to Storm, who ended up walking out on his team, saying "I've more important things to do". Orton used some mace to blind Steele before using a jumping cutter move for the pin, as Kurrgan attacked the Haas'.)

---Gangrel appears for his match with K-Krush, accompanied by the Mystery Woman. He introduces her as "Mona", his Queen of the Dead. Mona takes the chalice of blood and spits some out into the crowd.

Gangrel w/ Mona def. K-Krush (The much more experienced Gangrel defeated Krush after Mona distracted the referee, allowing Gangrel to low blow Krush, then deliver the Implant DDT.)

Loaded Championship: Val Venis © def. David Cash (A very enjoyable match between these two, with Randy Orton trying to help Cash numerous times. Eventually it backfired on Orton as he hit Cash with a chair, allowing Val to land the Money Shot and retain.)

---Post match, Orton grabbed the chair again and this time hit Val in the ribs, before throwing the chair to the floor and delivering the jumping cutter onto the chair.

---As the ring cleared for the Main Event, Steven Regal appeared and said that his students were ready to defeat the "lower class plebs", Ice & Lo-Ki. He then introduced Matthew and Jeffrey, the Hardworthings.

Loaded Tag Championship: Ice & Lo-Ki def. The Hardworthings w/ Steven Regal © (Ice & Ki win after a double legsweep on Jeffrey, followed by Ki showing off more skills with a Standing Moonsault onto Jeffrey, as Ice held Matthew back.)

---The show ended with Ice & Lo-Ki celebrating, before Regal took a microphone and shouting "We're going better places!"

On Monday, 25th January 1999, five members of the WWF perished in a devastating plane crash, along with all the crew on board. The story was likened to the "Day the Music Died", as the pioneers of the new "Attitude" era of the WWF had all but gone. Vince McMahon, the owner of the WWF, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, as well as Bradshaw. They were all on the private jet McMahon used to call "Air McMahon". The story as to how it happened showed that there was nothing suspicious - that did not stop some fans thinking that WCW were trying to sabotage the WWF's recent progress in an extreme manner.

WWF Raw is War

Monday 25th January

• Mankind appeared to start the show, talking about his win at the Royal Rumble the night before. He also said that Owen Hart showed him maybe Mankind wasn't strong enough. Therefore, Mankind was dead, and CACTUS JACK was back! A quick "Bang Bang" later, Jack left the ring.
  • Jushin Thunder Liger & Rob Van Dam def. The Great Muta & Yoshihiro Tajiri: Van Dam surprised Muta with a crossbody from behind. Muta and Tajiri got revenge after the match, spraying blue and green mist respectively into RVD's face as Liger ran away.
  • A video showing the highlights of the Royal Rumble played
  • Owen Hart was then interviewed, with Hart making a late New Year's Resolution: To be the WWF World Champion by the end of the year!
  • Contender's Match: Billy Gunn def. X-Pac & Road Dogg: Gunn wins the chance to fight for any WWF Title, only thanks to Chyna giving Road Dogg a low-blow as Gunn delivered the Fameasser to X-Pac. Chyna shook her head at Gunn as she left.
  • Jeff Jarrett def. Earthquake: Jarrett proved his Rumble performance was not a fluke, but had to cheat to win. Quake accidently knocked the referee out of the ring, allowing Jarrett time to smash his Guitar over Quake's head and then pin him.
  • Shawn Michaels walked out to make two announcement. The first was for the Main Event of the February Pay Per View, No Way Out. It would be Owen Hart against Cactus Jack in a hardcore contest, with the winner getting the WWF World Title shot at Wrestlemania 15.
  • Michaels then said it was time to show everyone the newest member of his, better version of Degeneration X. He then introduced...Lance Storm! HBK told everyone that the Main Event of Sunday Night Heat will be Triple H against Lance Storm, and if Triple H wins he gets a chance to go one on one with Michaels!
  • Kane def. Owen Hart: A DQ win for Kane, after both men gave it their all despite going so long at the Rumble. Kane had Hart ready for a Chokeslam, when Steve Austin came running down the ramp. Austin delivered the Stunner to Kane, then Owen - as the lights cut out.
  • As the lights came back on, Undertaker was standing behind Austin in the ring. Grabbing Austin from behind, Taker then awkardly delivered the Tombstone Piledriver. The Rock charged down, spinning Taker around for a quick Rock Bottom. Finally, Cactus Jack ran through the crowd, grabbing a chair from ringside and smashing it over Rock's head. Jack was the last man standing as Raw went off the air.

After the show was over, most of the wrestlers headed to either a hotel or an airport. Back at the arena though, Steve Austin and Undertaker were being treated by the medics. Austin had tweaked his already injured neck slightly after the Tombstone and was being iced. Undertaker meanwhile had landed on his elbow during the Rock Bottom and was getting it bandadged. Vince was waiting with them, as was Rock, Bradshaw and writer Vince Russo. Vince had to get Austin, Undertaker & Rock to a big publicity event, while Russo went wherever McMahon did. Bradshaw was usually found at Taker's side, so was coming with them. As everyone got ready to get on board Air McMahon (Undertaker and Bradshaw earlier planned to go on a normal flight, but the time it had taken for Taker to get bandadged had caused them to miss this flight), Russo got a call from his family. He was needed at home due to family illness, so Russo quickly headed to get a different flight. As Air McMahon took off, a tragedy quickly unfolded. Something jammed in the landing gear (to this day, no one knows what caused it, although many believe it was a rock), meaning it was impossible to close. With the G-Forces increasing, the wheels eventually snapped off as the plane's altitude increased. For a few minutes, everything seemed fine on board. The pilots had no clue that the landing gear was gone due to sensors telling the plane the gear was in the correct position.

Suddenly, the plane began to dip. The pilots struggled to steady the plane, having to turn the angle the plane was flying at constantly. A warning light flicked on indicating the tail was damaged. Then, a terrifying screech was heard. 30 seconds later, Air McMahon was a broken fuselage on the ground. 10 minutes after the plane crashed, emergency services arrived. No one was found alive.

The news broke at 11:23 PM, with CNN cutting into normal programming. A plane had crashed, with no survivors found. During the night, more information became obvious. There had only been 5 passengers on board, so it wasn't a commercial jet. Initially only the torso of the plane was found, but then the left wing was recovered, with the only noticeable damage where the wing had seperated. Then, at four minutes past three, it was finally realised what plane had gone down. Who was on board. The WWF had been dealt a fatal blow to it's heart.

The Loaded shows were immediately cancelled. WWF.Com went down. Nothing was heard of from Shane, Stephanie or Linda McMahon. Wrestlers and the families of those who died mourned the loss of these five men. Then, on Thursday the 28th of January, Shane McMahon appeared on screen. His statement was shown live on CNN, with other news sources covering and repeating the message several times throughout the day. There had been no reports of foul play, and early reports showed that something had occured with the plane's tail or right wing. Shane thanked everyone who had sent in condolence messages, not only for his father, but for the other four men as well. Then came something all wrestling fans had been wondering about - the state of the WWF. Shane announced he had taken over the WWF, with his mother and sister supporting him. Sunday Night Heat was to be a celebration of those who died lives, with everything back to business the next night, February 1st, with Raw is War.

Throughout Sunday Night Heat, wrestlers showed their true emotions as they conducted "shoot" interviews, reliving memories of their fallen friends. The most touching were those of Shane McMahon, Kane, Owen Hart and Billy Gunn. Gunn was said to have told Shane the day before he could not come to terms with the loss, and wanted to leave wrestling altogether. After realising this was a mistake, Gunn returned to Shane later in the day, but did not wrestle on the Heat Memorial itself. The first match was a Lightweight 10-Man Battle Royal match, which ended with X-Pac eliminating Jushin Liger. A four team elimination match followed, as the LOD beat The Headbangers, Dudley Boys & The Corporation (Test & Bossman) in that order. What followed were two matches that confused many people, leading to calls that the WWF were trying to gain from the memorial show, which was bound to get high ratings. The first saw Kurt Angle defeat Earthquake (although Angle too had just given an interview where he thanked McMahon for the opportunity, commending Rock also for helping him train) and then the already scheduled Lance Storm/Triple H match. While many of the other wrestlers had seemed out of their game, Storm and Triple H had a great contest, with H winning in the end. Some saw this as the WWF trying to stick to storylines and not caring, but the majority believed it to be two wrestlers in a match on a celebration show, nothing more.

Finally, the last interview before the main event was that of Ron "Faarooq" Simmons. Simmons could hardly speak as he choked up constantly, having worked with all five men in some major capacity. After nearly four minutes of pure filled emotion, Simmons said "time to show you how much we miss ya all." What followed was an amazing four way match between Kane, Owen Hart, Simmons and Cactus Jack. All four men put on their best performances possible, with Cactus winning the match after a Double Arm DDT to Hart. The show ended with the locker room emptying out, surrounding the ring and applauding. Raw is War was set for Monday, but no one could expect what was to happen - the "steal" was coming...

Raw is War Preview - 1/02/99

A new month, and in many ways a new beginning for the WWF. With those who have fallen still in our memories, Shane McMahon and Shawn Michaels declared we must get back to business, and the most important issue as of now is the WWF World Title. In a heated meeting between McMahon and Michaels, the two finally agreed on a worthy owner to carry on the legacy of the title, with Shawn Michaels set to introduce them at the end of Raw tonight. Whether or not this has anything to do with our big main event is still unclear. Cactus Jack is set to take on Billy Gunn, with both men having guaranteed title shots at some point in the future. Will the two men in charge have decided that either man should get the WWF World Title – or will it be one of the four men in our other main event? It’s going to be Ron Simmons and Kane, both heavily affected because of last month’s tragedy, going up against Canadian Country. Owen Hart has vowed to be World Champion by the end of the year, while Jeff Jarrett has impressed everyone in recent weeks, lasting twenty minutes in the Royal Rumble, then beating Earthquake last week.

As if that wasn’t enough, there are two big title matches set for Raw is War. The Lightweight Title will see Jushin Thunder Liger defend for the first time against an American talent when he faces X-Pac. Last night X-Pac defeated nine other lightweights including Liger, causing this match to be made. Taka Michinoku is going to be heading into tonight as the Genesis champion, but is you ask anyone they’ll tell you the chances of him coming out as champion are zero to none. Not only will he have to face the only Olympic Gold Medallist in the WWF’s history, Kurt Angle, but also the most vicious SOB around, Taz!

Confirmed Matches:

Main Event #1:

Cactus Jack V Billy Gunn

Main Event #2:

Ron Simmons & Kane V Canadian Country

WWF Lightweight Title:

Jushin Thunder Liger © V X-Pac

WWF Genesis Title:

Taka Michinoku © V Kurt Angle V Taz

• 3 weeks later...

Raw is War

1st February 1999

~ The show opened up with a tribute video package for all five men who died in the Plane Crash, with little snippets of the interviews the rest of the roster gave on Heat. After it ended the crowd applauded for at least a minute more, before Jim Ross and Tony Chimel welcomed us to "the new beginning" for the WWF.

WWF Genesis Title

Taka Michinoku © w/Sho Funaki V Kurt Angle V Taz

~ Angle got a mixed reaction when he came out, and for the early parts of the match at least. This was attributed no doubt to his words on Heat, although his reaction was eclipsed by that for Taz. Taka meanwhile got zero notice, despite being the champion.

~ Taz dominated the early portion of the match, taking Angle, Taka and Sho Funaki out with consecutive suplexes. Funaki's influence on the match was eliminated after a belly to belly over the top rope from Taz.

~ Angle and Taka eventually worked together to ground Taz for a while, after a Russian Leg Sweep from Kurt allowed a Moonsault from the champion. Taka tried to hold on for a pin, only for Angle to drag him off and dropkick him.

~ Using his Olympic background to his advantage, Angle proceeded to keep Taz at bay by using various takedown and submissions, taking time out to throw Taka out of the ring several times. Eventually the tactic backfired though, as Taz sprung up from behind and locked in the Tazmission!

~ Angle staggered around the ring, trying everything possible to break out of the Tazmission. It looked like Taka was going to give an assist, leaping off the top for a cross body. Taz stopped this by forcing Angle and himself to the floor, with Taka splatting on the floor.

~ A few seconds later and it was all over, as the referee checked Angle and declared he had passed out in the Tazmission, giving Taz the victory and the Genesis Title!

Winner: Taz by the Tazmission on Kurt Angle. Taz is the NEW WWF Genesis Champion.

True Anglo-American Nobility

~ A fanfare of trumpet music then played, and out came the unmistakable Steven Regal, wearing an expensive looking smoking jacket. Regal told everyone that he had found two men who were deserving of the WWF Tag Team Titles, unlike the "jokes that were the Blue World Order".

~ Regal then introduced us to Matthew and Jeffrey Hardworthing, who slowly made their way to either side of Regal, noses held high whilst waving to the fans. Regal concluded by issuing a challenge to the Blue World Order, before going backstage with his new partners.

Legion of Doom V Big Bossman & Test

~ Looking to regain the ground they lost upon losing the Tag Titles at the Royal Rumble, Bossman and Test started the match strong by double teaming Animal in their corner.

~ Numerous quick tags allowed the Corporation members to infuriate Hawk and use various illegal tactics to wear Animal down continuously. As Animal's head was on the middle rope, Test ran on the apron and legdropped Animal, driving the wind out of him and injuring the back of his neck.

~ Eventually Animal pulled through, going berserk as he clotheslined Test, knocked Bossman off the rope and then powerslammed Test. With whatever strength he had remaining, Animal then tagged in a very eager Hawk.

~ Hawk immediately cleaned house on Test and Bossman, but was stopped after he ran into the ropes, where Bossman nailed him with the nightstick. As Animal protested to the oblivious referee, Bossman threw Hawk to a charging Test. Hawk ducked Test's big boot though, causing Test to nail his tag team partner instead!

~ Tackling Test to the floor, Hawk then kicked Bossman to the floor, before tagging in Animal. Animal lifted Test onto his shoulders, as Hawk jumped off for the Doomsday Device! Test went down to the mat, and the resulting 3 count followed.

~ As Hawk and Animal celebrated to the back, Bossman got back in the ring, yelling at Test as he recovered. The pair yelled at each other as they went to the back, with the friction seeming to escalate fast.

Winners: Legion of Doom after miscommunication between Bossman & Test, followed by the Doomsday Device

WWF Lightweight Title

Jushin Thunder Liger © w/Rob Van Dam V X-Pac w/The Great Muta

~ Unsurprisingly Liger brought Van Dam out with him, perhaps nervous because of his loss to X-Pac the night before. Muta ran out behind Pac as he was halfway down the ramp, obviously wanting to even the sides.

~ The Japanese sensation was outpaced and taken off guard by Pac’s quick spin kicks early on, but Liger eventually cheated by poking the challenger in the eye.

~ As Liger maintained control, tension on the outside between Van Dam and Muta increased. Eventually, as Van Dam tried to interfere in the match by tripping up X-Pac, Muta charged around the ring and leapt at RVD, delivering a leaping neckbreaker to wipe out RVD, and effectively himself.

~ With his ally down at ringside, Liger seemed at a loss as whatever he tried to do only kept Pac down for a two count. Eventually he had enough, and almost prematurely went for the Liger Bomb, not deciding to check on Muta or work more on Pac.

~ This proved to be the biggest and most fatal mistake Liger had made in a long time, as Muta grabbed his leg from the outside. Liger turned round, allowing Pac to punch him a few times in the head. This was followed up by a big X-Factor, and as Muta held Van Dam back, X-Pac pinned Liger to win the Lightweight Title!

~ Muta let go of Van Dam as X-Pac slid quickly out of the ring. Muta grabbed the Title, handing it to Pac as the pair celebrated on the outside. RVD cursed Muta and Pac as he checked on his partner, still stunned after the X-Factor.

Winner: X-Pac after The Great Muta distracted Liger, allowing an X-Factor. X-Pac is the NEW WWF Lightweight Champion

One Degenerate

~ Triple H was interviewed, regarding the recent situation with Shawn Michaels and Lance Storm. H mentioned that by beating Storm on Heat, he had just earned himself the right to face HBK at anytime - and he was going to cash in the opportunity at Sunday Night Heat!

~ When asked if he thought he might actually be the one named as the new WWF Champion, Triple H laughed, before turning into the camera and issuing a threat - "Whoever is the new champion...after I'm done with Michaels, I am going to take the title and claim what has rightfully been mine for too long, because I am that damn good!"

Two Degenerates

~ Speaking of Shawn Michaels, he was next to appear on our screens, talking in to a cellphone. Michaels seemed very tense, when Lance Storm walked into shot, to a fairly large boo from the crowd. Michaels paused his conversation momentarily to talk to Storm.

~ As Storm asked "Is he coming then?", Michaels told him not to worry about that. Instead, he had to go out to the ring now and beat some "old business" that HBK didn't have time to handle for himself.

Lance Storm V "Old Business"

~ As Storm and everyone wondered who his opponent was going to be, the unmistakable music of Tatanka played! Everyone's favourite wrestling native american came out, as Storm looked in shock and almost horror at the sight in front of him.

~ When the match actually got under way, Storm was somewhat taken aback to begin with, allowing Tatanka to knock him to the floor several times with an array of slams and clotheslines.

~ Eventually Storm regained his senses and punished Tatanka by locking in a vicious boston crab. Tatanka eventually reached the ropes, but the damage was done. Storm started to focus on the back, lifting the much heavier Tatanka up and successfully dropping him for a backbreaker.

~ At the point of Tatanka's fightback, Storm ducked out of the ring, then as he got back in low blowed Tatanka with the referee oblivious. Storm then synched in his one legged boston crab, grabbing the top rope for leverage. Tatanka had to tap, giving Lance the win much to the crowd's disgust.

Winner: Lance Storm by using the ropes illegally for leverage during a submission.

Ron Simmons & Kane V Canadian Country

~ The unusual team of Simmons & Kane easily got the loudest reaction of the night so far, having been directly affected by the plane crash. In contrast, Canadian Country were jeered and heckled majorly as they headed to the ring.

~ It was Simmons and Hart who started the match, with Ron much more impressive then in previous months, while Owen was up to his usual standards. Simmons used his strength in order to counter Owen's technical skills, before tagging Kane in.

~ The monster went to work demolishing Owen and Jarrett quickly and easily, only to be stopped by his own confidence. After attempting a double chokeslam, Hart and Jarrett slipped behind Kane and gave him a double Stroke. The pin afterwards was broken up by Simmons, but Owen threw him out of the ring following that.

~ Kane continued to try and fight against the heels, but a series of quick tags and working over Kane's ribs stopped any advance. Owen was particularly impressive as he launched his knee into Kane's chest as the big man was sent across the ring by Jarrett.

~ In a surprising end to the match, as Owen tagged Jarrett in again, Ron finally snapped and started to beat the crap out of Canadian Country. As he went to Dominator Jarrett out of the ring, the referee stopped him, which allowed Owen to throw the guitar to the free Jeff, who proceeded to smash it over the head of Kane, and then deliver The Stroke.

~ Ken Shamrock suddenly burst from the crowd, as Owen turned the referee around. Shamrock pulled Simmons from the ring and threw him into the ring steps, while Jeff got the victory for CC. As Owen and Jarrett celebrated, Kane suddenly sat up and stared a hole into both men, who quickly scurried backstage.

Winners: Canadian Country after Jeff Jarrett broke his guitar over Kane's head. Ken Shamrock also attacked Ron Simmons.

Cactus Jack V Billy Gunn

~ Jack came out wearing a Steve Austin shirt, which he took off to reveal a Bradshaw shirt, followed by The Rock, The Undertaker and finally Vince McMahon. The crowd cheer as he then throws the shirts into the crowd, before doing a 360 and jeering Gunn as he comes out.

~ The match began as very brawl-orientated, with Jack resorting to sending Gunn shoulder first into the steel post. Cactus goes for the Double Arm DDT, but Gunn is able to bodydrop his way out.

~ Neither man takes the advantage, and we get a very back and forth match for the next few minutes. Things change though when Gunn is able to superplex Cactus out of the ring and to the floor outside.

~ The referee gets to a count of nine before Jack is able to crawl back in, only for Gunn to continue his assault on Jack, hitting a painful backbreaker for a two count only.

~ Cactus fought back like a madman though, throwing fists like wild. Billy was staggered and fell forward – right into a Double Arm DDT! Cactus flipped Billy over and got the 3 for a win!

~ Jack celebrated with the fans as Billy looked shocked at the outcome of the match. Suddenly, Shawn Michaels music played…

Winner: Cactus Jack after the Double Arm DDT.

The Laydown

~ Michaels congratulated both men on a great main event, but now he had two big announcements set to shock the world. First of all, the newest addition to the WWF Television lineup, as on Friday Night, 10:30 – 11:30 on NBC would be WWF Late Night Laydown!

~ Michaels wasn’t quite finished there, as he announced the first ever Late Night Laydown main event…Triple H V Shawn Michaels!

~ When the fans quietened down, Michaels then pulled out the WWF World Title belt. HBK said that the new champion was a “fresh face and a major snatch”, then introduced…STING!

~ A berserk crowd welcomed the WCW legend that was Sting, dressed in black and white facepaint and clothes, as Cactus applauded in the ring. HBK handed the title belt to Sting, who nodded at Michaels before walking down to the ring.

The Real Shock

~ Sting entered to meet Cactus, while the fans continued to go wild. Sting extended his hand to shake with Cactus, who did so quickly. Suddenly, Sting kicked Cactus in the groin, completely stunning everyone, including Michaels and Gunn on the outside.

~ Sting picked up his new belt, then smashed it into the face of Cactus. Some fans started throwing rubbish into the ring as the new champion and the major steal laughed over the fallen body of Cactus Jack.

I last left off at the Rumble, So I'll leave my thoughts on the Rumble and then go forward with the other stuff. (Y)

Royal Rumble

- Totally forgot you had Great Muta and Jushin Thunder Liger. I also forgot why they were fighting over the LHW title. I don't like RVD debuting to fight over the LHW Championship.

- I don't like BWO getting the titles. Too unrealistic for my taste. I would have liked to see Test and Bossman to have held onto the titles.

- Shamrock got a impressive win over Kane, Making the big hoss tap out and all. I also like Owen Hart sending Mankind off the cage. A possible Owen Hart/Kane feud will no doubt be good. I'm also wondering who Shamrock's next challenger will be.

- Undertaker Vs. Rock Vs. Austin Vs. Rumble winner seems like it's going to headline Wrestlemania. I have no problem with that. I'm hoping Undertaker wins the title at Wrestlemania though.

- Super glad to see HBK return in the Rumble match and clean house. I wa shocked to see Mankind winning it, But it made a good story for him to win the thing. I do hope that you're not just teasing a Owen Hart push and actually go through with it, As he was quite dominant in the Rumble.

The Rumble was good, But I think you need to use more of the actual '99 talent and make it feel more like the whole WWF at the time instead of just hiring every hotshot. But I enjoyed reading the Rumble, Especially the Rumble match.

Glad to see plans for Owen and Kane to get pushed. But I think Kane needs some work now, Especially after tapping out at the PPV. The DX Vs. DX match seems good, But I'd rather have HBK put over HHH at Wrestlemania, Though, You do have to keep it realistic so a six person tag match might be the sensible choice for WM. I'd love to see both Disco Inferno and Alex Wright come to your WWF and compete for the tag titles, Them Vs. BWO would be awesome, Do it! (Y)

What the hell? Vince McMahon, Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker and Bradshaw all died?

Raw

- Not sure I'm glad to see Cactus Jack back, I would have liked to see the old school Mankind show up instead.

- I don't like RVD in the lightweight division, To me, He's just not a lightweight, Despite what it says in EWR.

- Damn right Owen should be the WWF Champ by the end of the year. I'd love to see it happen.

- With his win, Maybe Billy Gunn will challenge Shamrock for the IC title?

- Poor Jarrett, Having to work with Earthquake. Atleast he won.

- I don't see Owen winning against Cactus. If he does win, He still won't go to WM though. I don't see Owen's push starting up very soon.

- Lance Storm in DX? What the hell? That's one guy who does not fit the DX attitude.

- Chaotic ending to Raw Is War, I hope Kane tries to get revenge on Austin though, And doesn't forget about Austin running in on his match.

Sucks to see those guys die off, But I gotta admit, Things are going to get very interesting now.

Hell of a RAW, I loved Sting coming in and quickly turning on Cactus. Though, I would have prefered a tournament for the title instead of just handing it over to Sting. X-Pac as LHW Champion is all right, But I'd like to see him fight RVD without the title being involved. Regal with the Hardy's could turn out very well. Test/Bossman splitting could be good for whoever turns face, I think it'll have to be Test since Bossman was so hated at the time. I hope HBK/HHH doesn't really happen at Laydown, That's too big of a match to give away for free.

Things are going very well, It was gutsy to kill off five big names, (well four, since Bradshaw was a nobody then). Sting coming in is awesome and makes for a very interesting Wrestlemania period. Can't wait for the next update.

I feel it's important for me to address some of the new things that have been happening with the diary since it's restart.

Royal Rumble: For me, something just sparked in me and I wanted to finish the Rumble match. It had gotten on top of me previously, and when I came back to restart things, it was six months later. I had completely forgotten where I was going with the match itself, so I had to re-read what I had written a couple of times. In the end, the match itself was longer than the entire PPV before it. So, yes it was a bit of overkill, but it was worth it. I remember actually marking out at my own work when I wrote the Michaels bit, and I was happy with the end and Mankind being the one who finally broke the Number 30 curse.

Plane Crash: After I had finished the Rumble match I was on a high, and started writing Raw...then got stuck. You see, I had a packed main event, and they were taking up so much space. The roster at the start of 1999 was full of potential; Owen Hart, Jeff Jarrett, Kane, Ken Shamrock just to name four of them. But then I realised something...what if I did something to change the way the diary was running. So, just like that, I typed up the post detailing the crash. In about an hour or two, I killed off four of the biggest stars the WWF had, and ended the chances of ever seeing JBL. I've not regretted that yet, because now it is allowing me to give people the chances they deserved. I won't give anything away, but expect big things from the Upper Midcard and to some extent, the Midcard. For those interested, I only have four active competitors in the Main Event with regards to the game itself: Triple H, Cactus, Sting & Shawn Michaels (but he's only there because I had to make him back to competition for the Rumble and onwards)

Return of the Old Guys/Some of the New Ones: For me, 1999 was an ideal time to bring back one or two legends. Earthquake was still active as Golga in the Oddities, and since he used to be a big draw, it made sense to give him a nostalgia run. His contract is running out soon, will I renew it...maybe. As for Tatanka, I actually signed him back in the diary's first run, so his return recently hasn't really effected anything (it was more the Eugene Invitational appearance.) Cactus Jack was brought forward a year in order to give another bit of help after the crash, while Sting just happened to be running out of contracts.

The new guys, I feel are going to give a new meaning to the Attitude era. The lightweight's were one of the things that WCW had an advantage over WWF, so by adding people who had been heard of, such as Muta, Liger & RVD that would be a realistic kickstart. With Tajiri coming in, and some help from X-Pac and a few other guys I'm thinking of moving up/bringing in, I'm hoping the lightweight's will really push forward. Taz, Dudleys and bWo are all from ECW, yes...but ECW surprisingly released alot. Dudley's still are on open contracts for now, because at the moment I don't have much for them. Taz and Angle I'm hoping to give big pushes too, but at the moment neither of them are over enough IMO. bWo...well, it's the bWo. Lance Storm in DX might not seem right, yet he has the ability to give a new edge to the DX idea.

The New Writing Style: I much prefer writing in the bulletpoint style for matches, but I think that I will write out the interviews from now on. Raw really was a tester, but I'm happy overall. So, that's pretty much all I have to say. Laydown preview will be up soon.

Late Night Laydown Preview - 5/02/99

The first ever Late Night Laydown on NBC will be headlined by one of the biggest main events in recent WWF history, as well as the first interview with the NEW WWF World Champion, Sting. The two former friends turned enemies, Shawn Michaels and Triple H, will go one on one with each other in one of the biggest Grudge matches of all time. This is going to be Michaels' first singles match since Wrestlemania 14, but he showed at the Royal Rumble he isn't scared of getting back in the ring. Of course, has he bitten off more than he can chew this time, as Triple H's hatred of his former friend has escalated over the past couple of weeks. No doubt either man's DX teammates will be watching, but will it be the Sweet Chin Music or The Pedigree that prevails?

At the end of Raw is War, Shawn Michaels introduced to us one of the biggest acquisitions in WWF history, and the new WWF champion, Sting. In a shocking move though, Sting went on to knock Cactus Jack out with the World Title belt, laughing at his actions as the show went off the air. On Laydown, we will get to hear the reasons behind Sting's actions, as he gives his first interview as WWF World Champion.

Not only that, but the show will kick off in true WWF big time style, as Ken Shamrock will get a chance to see who he will defend the Intercontinental Title against at No Way Out later this month. Will it be Kane, the man that Shamrock beat under controversial circumstances at the Royal Rumble - or maybe the man who Shamrock asaulted on Raw this past Monday, Ron Simmons? The next spot in the match is filled by Jeff Jarrett, who actually pinned Kane on Raw after using his guitar for illegal use. Finally, Lance Storm, Shawn Michaels' latest find gets his shot at a title match, having defeated Tatanka on Raw and taken Triple H to his limit. Either one of these four men will be fighting at No Way Out for one of the biggest prizes in the game.

Also on the first ever Laydown, a big eight man elimination match is going to occur, as champions and challengers clash in a 4 V 4 match. Ken Shamrock, Jushin Thunder Liger, Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle will take on Taz, X-Pac, The Great Muta and Tatanka, in what promises to be a thrilling encounter. Finally, Steven Regal will be at ringside as The Hardworthings, Matthew and Jeffrey, take on Mosh and Thrasher, The Headbangers, in their debut contest.

Confirmed Matches:

Grudge Match:

Shawn Michaels V Triple H

Sting's First Interview As WWF World Champion

Champions & Challengers Elimination Match:

Ken Shamrock, Jushin Thunder Liger, Rob Van Dam & Kurt Angle V Taz, X-Pac, The Great Muta & Tatanka

The Hardworthings w/ Steven Regal V The Headbangers

Number 1 Contender to the WWF Intercontinental Title

Kane V Ron Simmons V Jeff Jarrett V Lance Storm

Late Night Laydown

5th February 1999

Number 1 Contender to the WWF Intercontinental Title

Kane V Ron Simmons V Jeff Jarrett V Lance Storm

~ Kane dominated most of the match, press slamming Storm out of the ring at one point. Jarrett missed with a Guitar swing at one point, allowing Kane to chokeslam him. Simmons broke up this pin, causing Kane and Simmons to trade blows for a while.

~ Shamrock appeared at the end of the match, distracting Kane momentarily, allowing Jarrett to knock him out of the ring, but Jarrett fell out at the same time. This allowed Simmons to deliver the Dominator to Storm and get the three count for the victory!

~ Simmons stared down Shamrock on the ramp, motioning that he was going to get the title. Kane meanwhile took out his fustrations by throwing Jarrett spine first into the steel turnbuckle.

Winner: Ron Simmons via the Dominator to Lance Storm. Ron Simmons will fight Ken Shamrock for the WWF Intercontinental Title at No Way Out.

Enough IS Enough

Owen Hart is backstage, kicking over various bits of equipment, obviously annoyed at something. Michael Cole walks over to him for an interview, but Owen snatches the microphone for himself, pushing Cole away at the same time.

Owen Hart: Oh, look what's happened once again! I am on the team that beats Kane and Ron Simmons on Raw this past Monday, yet I'm not even booked to have a match on this show. I am the future of the WWF, I will be the World Champion. Of course, the people in the boardrooms obviously don't think that I am going to sell tickets. They obviously believe that I am not as big as people like...X-Pac. X-Pac, the guy who couldn't wrestle to save his life. So what, he's the Lightweight Champion, that means he gets to be on the show? Well I have had an idea like none other. Since I have a couple of weeks before No Way Out, where I will beat the holy hell out of Cactus Jack, I might as well take out some of the trash in this company. Call it...working my way up from the bottom to the top. So X-Pac, you'd better get yourself to Sunday Night Heat, because I am officialy challenging you to a match. I'm going to prove to everyone that I am the future, and that means...enough is enough of X-Pac.

Owen throws the microphone to the floor as we cut away.

The Hardworthings w/ Steven Regal V The Headbangers

~ A fairly basic match designed to put the Hardworthings over, as they used some cheap tactics to wear down the Headbangers, as well as Steven Regal giving the occasional helping hand from the outside.

~ At one point, Mosh and Thrasher were able to send Jeffrey out of the ring, but as they both ran into the ropes, Regal pulled out a lead pipe and smacked it over Mosh's back. Matthew backdropped Thrasher, then delivered the "Twist of Fate" on a stunned Mosh.

~ The three followed, but it was not over as The Hardworthings and Regal began to beat on the fallen Headbangers. It was left to the bWo to run in and chase the bad guys out, much to the fan's delight.

Winner: The Hardworthings after Steven Regal interference, followed by a Twist of Fate from Matthew to Mosh.

Champions & Challengers Elimination Match

Ken Shamrock, Jushin Thunder Liger, Rob Van Dam & Kurt Angle V Taz, X-Pac, The Great Muta & Tatanka

~ Shamrock was first eliminated after Ron Simmons and Kane attacked him, followed by a double elimination of Taz & Angle. Angle passed out from the Tazmission, but Taz allowed his shoulders to fall to the mat as he choked out Angle, causing a surprise three.

~ Van Dam and Liger were left against Muta, Pac and Tatanka, and it seemed like things were not going there way until Van Dam sacrificed himself by smashing all three men with a steel chair, disqualifying himself.

~ Liger quickly pinned X-Pac after a Liger Bomb, but Muta somehow managed to block the Bomb, then pulling out an amazing new move, launching himself off Liger's knee before smacking Liger with the side of his other leg. A quick three count later and Muta and Tatanka were the remaining survivors!

Winners: The Great Muta & Tatanka survived after Muta used an unknown move to defeat Liger last from the opposing team.

Sting in the Tail

The new WWF World Champion Sting then made his way down to the ring. The fans jeered and heckled Sting, wearing his black and white paint and dressed in a black trenchcoat, as the champion got into the ring. Being handed a microphone, Sting glared at the crowd, shaking his head.

Sting: Why don't you people learn to respect those who are better than you and shut up!

This doesn't go over well at all with the fans, who continued to make themselves heard as Sting had to wait once again before continuing his speech.

Sting: All I have heard since Monday night is "Why?". Why did I jump to the WWF? Why did I accept the WWF World Title? Why did I attack Cactus Jack? I'll tell you why. I am the best this sport has to offer. My merchandise brings in thousands of dollars every day for whichever company I am in. People worship me like a God, because I work my ass off every single night. That means that when I hear about a big contract and a opportunity to be the WWF World Champion, of course I have to except it! Although, as soon as I got here on Monday, I saw a sight that made me want to vomit. I saw a man who obviously has no wrestling talent win a match, and get talked about as a possible World Champion. When I saw Cactus Jack get his arm raised, I knew that I had to prove to everyone that he was nothing but a worthless piece of ****. I mean, sure, you can boo me all you want, but I have done you people a service. At Wrestlemania, I will be proudly defending the World Title against Cactus Jack or Owen Hart and I will be proudly walking out with the World Title around my waist. Trust me, a Scorpion never tells a lie.

Sting's music plays, and the Stinger begins to exit the ring when "Sexy Boy" hits, and Shawn Michaels struts out in his ring attire. Sting meets Michaels halfway up the ramp, and HBK shouts "You'd better be at Heat" over his music to Sting, who nods before walking away.

Grudge Match

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels V Triple H

~ Michaels' pyro set off just as Triple H's music began to play, and the other DX leader stared down Michaels as he walked to the ring. Michaels backed himself up into a corner as Triple H climbed onto the apron, before climbing in through the middle rope...

~ Suddenly, Michaels sprung forward producing a spray can. Michaels sprayed the contents, which appeared to be mace, right into H's face. Telling the referee the match was now hardcore, HBK backed into the turnbuckle before smashing his former friend with the Sweet Chin Music as he staggered around blindly.

~ Shawn jokingly flopped to the floor, then crawled over to Triple H before pinning him. Michaels kipped up, celebrating like his victory at Wrestlemania 22, despite completely cheating to win. The show ended as the referee checked on Triple H, and Michaels jumping around like mad.

Winner: "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels after spraying mace into Triple H's face, then delivering Sweet Chin Music