WWF 1999 - After The Crash

Katsuya

Pretty good Laydown. Glad to see HBK/HHH wasn't a real match, As that needs to be saved for Wrestlemania. Owen/X-Pac has me interested for Sunday night. Ron Simmons getting a push is something WWF would do especially since his partner died. The Sting interview came off well. I'm interested in seeing him step into the ring though. The Hardworthings/BWO could be decent.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday Night Heat Preview - 7/02/99

On Late Night Laydown, Owen Hart set out a challenge to X-Pac to face him one on one, saying he was going to work his way from bottom to top of the WWF before No Way Out. Naturally, X-Pac has accepted this challenge and the two will go one on one in the night's main event. Pac's WWF Lightweight Title will not be on the line, but that will not stop either man giving it their all. Will Owen be able to keep up his recent good form, or will it be the underdog X-Pac who pulls a victory out of nowhere once again? It's going to be a battle between technical and speed skills, but only one will be able to prevail as these two stars reach for that main event spot that has so far eluded them.

While the Lightweight Title isn't on the line, two others are. The WWF Tag Titles are set to be defended in a Royal Rumble rematch, as the Blue World Order face Big Bossman and Test of the Corporation. Last Monday, Test inadvertently hit Bossman with the Big Boot, allowing the LOD to win their match. Also, the WWF Genesis Title is set to be defended in a rematch, as former champion Taka Michinoko tries to take his title back from the baddest SOB in the company, Taz. You've got to believe Kurt Angle will be watching, as he has been involed with both men over the past couple of weeks, having been choked out on two consecutive shows by Taz in particular. Also confirmed for the show is The Great Muta facing Rob Van Dam in the opening match of the night.

Confirmed Matches:

Owen Hart V X-Pac

WWF Tag Team Titles:

Blue World Order © V Big Bossman & Test

WWF Genesis Title:

Taz © V Taka Michinoko w/ Sho Funaki

The Great Muta V Rob Van Dam

• 1 month later...

Sunday Night Heat

7th February 1999

Number 1 Contender to the WWF Lightweight Title

The Great Muta V Rob Van Dam

~ The added stipulation to the match was announced as the show came on the air, with Van Dam appearing on his own, no Jushin Liger in sight. Muta soon joined his opponent in the ring to start things off.

~ Van Dam, in his first singles match since "returning" at the Royal Rumble, worked hard and used a lot of his usual ECW spots against Muta, who was unable to do much at the start.

~ Soon, Muta regained his composure and took the fight right back to Van Dam, eventually gaining the advantage by using a springboard back elbow from the ropes.

~ Muta followed his streak of moves with an attempted moonsault. Van Dam rolled away, but Muta was able to land on his feet. A kick to the back of RVD's leg took him down to the other knee, allowing Muta to run at him and deliver the same move he did to Liger on Laydown, now called the "Sapphire Kick". The three count followed, giving Muta the win.

Winner: The Great Muta after the Sapphire Kick. The Great Muta will fight X-Pac for the WWF Lightweight Title on Raw Is War.

Well...Maybe Not?

As Muta celebrated his victory in the ring, Jushin Thunder Liger bolted from the back and into the ring. Liger grabbed Muta by the back of the head, quickly landing a Reverse DDT to his enemy. Liger followed this attack up by delivering his Liger Bomb to Muta, as the referee tried to stop the Japanese high flier. RVD threw Jushin a chair from the outside, with Liger positioning it in the middle of the ring. Picking the injured Muta up, Liger proceeded to give Muta a Running Liger Bomb onto the chair. Liger and Van Dam went back up the ramp, as the referee checked on Great Muta.

Posh Little Boys

After the commercials ended, a quick video showed of Muta having to be helped to the back. Then, we go back to Heat, and a shot of a very big table, decorated with flowers, candles, and various types of food. A zoom out shows Matthew and Jeffrey Hardworthing, dressed in black and white suits, standing by the table.

Matthew: Hello. As many of you...inbreds know by now, we are Matthew and Jeffrey Hardworthing. Under the guidance of our mentor, Steven Regal, we are on the way to becoming the best tag team that this promotion has to offer. Unfortunately, that is not saying much when the current champions, the so called...Jeffrey, help me out here. What are those grinning fools called again?

Jeffrey: I do believe that they are called the blue World order...I do feel dirty for knowing that information.

Matthew: What is worse then that degradation is the fact I know their names. Big Stevie Cool...and Da Blue Guy. Honestly, what sort of idea does that give out? The World Wrestling Federation, the best wrestling promotion possible, being represented by...filth. Because that is what the blue World order are.

Jeffrey: Therefore, we have put it upon ourselves to take out the trash for the first time in our very privelaged lives. We are putting our names forward to get rid of the blue World order from this federation. By the end of it, you will be calling us, Matthew and Jeffrey Hardworthing, your WWF Tag Team Champions. Trust us...you will be very, very proud.

The Hardworthings start to smile, fold their arms as we cut to the ring area for the next match.

Earthquake & Tatanka V Too Cool

~ Too Cool were already in the ring as the rather odd pairing of Quake and Tatanka came to the ring. Immediately Too Cool attempted to jump the veterans, only to be beaten back.

~ Tatanka and Taylor started off, with the Native American never giving his cocky opponent a chance to fight back. A short clothesline brought a two count, before Earthquake was tagged in.

~ Quake continued to dominate Taylor, who eventually caught a break to bring Brian Christopher into the match. The veterans kept on top though, with Tatanka positioning Too Cool in the corner for a double splash from the Quake.

~ Christopher stumbled forward from the corner, right into a Samoan Drop from Tatanka, then a big splash from Earthquake to secure the quick and easy victory.

Winners: Earthquake and Tatanka, after a Samoan Drop followed by a Splash to Brian Christopher.

Regroup

Kurt Angle's figure was given a hail of boos as he appeared on the screen. The camera swung round to show Big Bossman, also given boos. Test received more of a mixed reaction, as he and Bossman had an uncomfortable staredown. The sound of a door swinging open was heard, and in walked the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Ken Shamrock, The Stooges, Patterson & Briscore, as well as the 50% owner of the WWF, Shane McMahon. A slight cheer was heard for Shane, making his first real appearance on WWF TV since his father's death.

Shane: Okay guys, we've had a bad few days, both personally and professionally. Now, tonight, Bossman and Test, you two have to put anything you've said to each other behind you. Go out there and beat the holy hell out of the blue World order and get the Tag Titles back. Kurt, I have convinced Shawn Michaels to agree with me on the idea of you facing the WWF Genesis Champion tommorow night on Raw is War. This means we have to work together, so we can take three belts in two days. We are The Corporation, we are the dominant group in the WWF. The Ministry are gone, DX are in a war between themselves. I do not want that to happen to us.

Shane nods, just as Angle springs to his feet, applauding and shouting "bravo!". Everyone else in the locker room stares at Angle, before walking out, leaving him on his own.

WWF Genesis Title

Taz © V Taka Michinoku w/ Sho Funaki

~ The match itself was shorter than both men's entrances. Taka and Sho both tried jumping Taz at the entrance ramp, which ended with Funaki getting belly to belly suplexed on the ramp, and Taka being dragged into the ring.

~ Taz quickly locked in the Tazmission, and within a few seconds the referee called for the bell, having to go out of the ring to get the Genesis Title Belt, handing it to Taz.

~ The champion held his belt high above his head...as Kurt Angle ran down the ramp and into the ring! Angle went to jump his opponent for Raw - only to get locked in the Tazmission! Angle succumbed to the hold, giving Taz the advantage for their match.

Winner: Taz via the Tazmission. Taz retains the WWF Genesis Title

WWF Tag Team Titles

blue World order © V The Corporation (Big Bossman & Test)

~ The bWo come out through the crowd with the tag team titles, much like their entrance from the Royal Rumble. Also, they get some bags of popcorn, as well as hot dogs wrappers and other bits of confectionary.

~ The reason becomes clear when Bossman and Test walk down the ramp, as the bWo begin to pelt them with their stockpile of "weapons". Test gets something in his left eye, blinding him while Bossman attempts to get in the ring, only for the bWo to beat him down in the corner.

~ Test got in the ring after realising what was happening to his partner, fighting with one eye closed. Bossman recovered to send Da Blue Guy out of the ring, while Test gave Big Stevie Cool a very un-cool powerslam.

~ The Corporation stayed on top of the champions for the next few minutes, determined in their attempt to regain their tag titles. As Da Blue Guy finally was tagged in, Bossman resorted to grabbing his nightstick and smacking the referee from behind, right across the neck, knocking him out immediately.

~ Bossman continued to grab one of the tag titles, swinging it at Big Stevie Cool. Stevie dodged, grabbed the title, which was then snatched from him by Test. Test swung the belt at Stevie - but hit Bossman!

~ Blue Guy and Stevie Cool threw Test out of the ring, and Stevie (with help from Blue Guy) gave Bossman a Powerbomb! A new referee ran down, counted the three as the bWo retained their titles!

Winners: blue World order via a Powerbomb from Big Stevie Cool to Big Bossman. bWo retain the WWF Tag Team Titles

Damn!

Ron Simmons gets a big cheer from the crowd when he is viewed on the screen, apparently in his locker room. Talking on a phone, he looks in a surprisngly good mood. Suddenly there is a knock on the door, and Simmons looks towards the door. He throws his phone to the floor, and shouts "come in". The door swings open, with a twenty-something old girl with blonde hair and...big "assets" walks in. Simmons' face lights up even more as she walks over.

Girl: Mr. Simmons? The agency sent me, I am your new assitant, Trish.

Ron: Oh baby...I mean, nice to meet you Miss...you are a miss, right?

Trish: I am single, yes Mr. Simmons. Can I call you Ron?

Ron: You can call me daddy...

Luckily, Trish appears to be more interested in the broken bits of Ron's phone. She picks them up, ignoring his last comment.

Trish: Oh dear, I guess I'll have to go shopping and get you a new phone. I'll be back soon Mr. Simmons.

With that, Trish leaves the room. As she does so, Simmons looks up at the roof, puts his hands together and mouths the words "Thank You". When the door closes, Simmons smiles once again and shouts "Damn!" at the top of his voice.

Scorpions Do Not Like Fire

As the final commercials end, the WWF World Champion Sting is lying down on a couch. He grabs an apple from the table next to it, takes a bite, then throws it behind him. A figure appears over Sting, who looks up at what is casting a shadow on him. The camera shows us that it is Commisioner Shawn Michaels, which brings another mixed reaction, compared to the jeers Sting was getting.

Shawn: Mind gettin' your feet off of my couch...champ?

Sting: Mind telling me why you called me to your office in the first place?

Shawn: Get up.

The champion quickly gets to his feet, getting right in the face of the commisioner, getting a reaction from the crowd, who are beginning to expect a possible fight between the two big names. Cooler heads prevail, as Michaels smiles and goes over to his desk. He picks up a clipboard, and sits on the desk while reading whatever is on the board.

Shawn: Well, let's put it this way. You've still not had a match yet, so tommorow night it's going to be you and Owen Hart against Cactus Jack and Kane. Since it's going to be No Way Out opponents fighting each other, I figure it's a good way to hype the PPV. What do you say champ?

Sting: That sounds...hang on, did you just say No Way Out opponents?

Shawn: Yes I did, champ. You see, going in to Wrestlemania, you might not even be holding the WWF World Title. At No Way Out, it will be you going one on one, with the Big Red Monster...KANE!

Sting freaks out, shouting things at Michaels, who just laughs and walks out of the room. The fans cheer as Sting continues to complain about the match he is going to have, when a hand suddenly gets in his face, telling him to stop. Michaels comes in to shot again, smiles one more time and then walks away, as we go to the ring for our main event.

Owen Hart V X-Pac

~ The Lightweight Champion got a big pop from the crowd as he came out, crotch chopping his way down to the ring. The King of Harts walked out next, easily getting the biggest heat of the night.

~ As the match got underway, Pac tried to use his legs to take the wind out of Owen, but Hart used his submission and technical skills to work over Pac's legs.

~ A dragon screw seemed to do enough damage to X-Pac, who then struggled to walk on that leg for the rest of the match. This allowed Owen to deliver a nasty looking suplex from the ring to the outside, which nearly lead to Pac being counted out.

~ Owen once again got too cocky for his own good, as he grabbed Pac by the hair, trying to drag him inside of the ring. Pac was able to bring Owen outside instead, and when Hart charged the Lightweight Champ in anger, he got a drop toe hold right into the steel steps, head bouncing off the second step.

~ As the fight was brought back inside the ring, Pac began to change the flow and speed of the contest in his favour, but when his leg gave out on him as he ran into the ropes, Owen exploded with a clothesline. Owen then grabbed Pac's legs, going for the Sharpshooter.

~ Suddenly, X-Pac pushed himself up, grabbed Owen and got him in a Small Package! The referee counted to three, as Owen failed to kick out in time! The crowd went wild as Pac slid out of the ring, with Owen looking absolutely horrified in the ring.

~ X-Pac was handed his title belt, celebrating with some of the fans in the front row as Heat went off the air, with Hart still stunned in the ring.

Winner: X-Pac after using a Small Package to counter the Sharpshooter.

So glad this one is back, Heat was good. Glad to see Kane getting a shot at Sting, Even though he has no chance of winning it. Sting/Cactus should be a solid Wrestlemania main event though. I hope you're planning on pushing X-Pac after he defeated Owen Hart, I totally forgot Pac had the Light Heavyweight title though. Not glad to see the bWo pick up another win, But if they drop the titles to the Hardworthing's, Then it's all good. Looking forward to Raw Is War. (Y)

• 2 months later...

IPB Image

CURRENT CARD

ROYAL RUMBLE CONTRACT:

HARDCORE RULES

CACTUS JACK V OWEN HART

Ever since the Royal Rumble, Owen Hart has done nothing but whine. Believing that Mankind cheated in some way to win the Rumble (even though earlier in the night, Hart had tried to seriously injure Mankind by throwing him off the stage), Hart vowed to take out his revenge on the loveable freak. Countering this, Mankind said that Hart had made him realise he needed a change - by becoming the Homicidal Cactus Jack once again. Giving Hart his opportunity, Jack demanded a hardcore stipulation, determined to make Hart pay for his vicious attack. Yet Owen is no pushover, and will stop at nothing to step out of the shadow, making this match a sure to be classic.

WWF WORLD TITLE:

STING [c] V KANE

When Sting debuted at the start of the month, he immediately turned his back on the fans by attacking Cactus Jack, moments after the Stinger was given the WWF World Title. That, in turn, angered the Big Red Machine, one of Jack's closest allies. After Sting got on Shawn Michaels' nerves, he gave Kane the opportunity of a lifetime: to go in to Wrestlemania as the champion. It will be Sting's biggest ever test, as Kane looks to get one back for his friend, and take the World Title at the same time.

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE:

KEN SHAMROCK [c] V RON SIMMONS W/ TRISH

Ken Shamrock has had a bullseye on his back ever since he won the Intercontinental Title. Having recently been forced to fight the likes of Triple H and Kane in order to defend his title, Shamrock must now face a man on a mission: Ron Simmons. Dedicating his recent surge up the ranks to his best friend Bradshaw, who tragically perished in the Plane Crash that rocked the company, Simmons wants the title more than anything else - well, maybe not as much as a night with his stunning new valet Trish...

OOC: Moh Gard it's back...AGAIN. I'm probably destined to sporadically update this every 2 months or so...well, I'll try make this run the best yet! Raw is War preview up soon...

• 1 month later...

Raw is War Preview - 8/02/99

A huge six-man tag team match is going to headline an episode of Raw no one will want to miss, as two titles are on the line and more matches are set to be made for No Way Out. Cactus Jack, Kane and Triple H will take on the team of Ken Shamrock, Owen Hart and Sting in the main event, with all six men looking to solidify a position at the top in the chaotic events of the past week. With just under three weeks left to No Way Out, and six weeks until Wrestlemania, everyone is going to be building up momentum over enemies past and new in this match, with Kane & Sting, as well as Cactus Jack and Owen Hart set to face each other at No Way Out.

Taz has been on a roll since entering the WWF at the Royal Rumble, winning the WWF Genesis Title, and choking out both Kurt Angle and Taka Michinoku in the past week. On Raw, Angle gets another shot at winning the title thanks to Shane McMahon's (limited) control. Will Angle be able to bring the title back to the Corporation camp, or will the ECW legend make Angle pass out once again? Another title match has also been set for Raw is War, but it's slightly altered to what was originally scheduled. X-Pac defends his Lightweight Title 24 hours after his victory over Owen Hart on Sunday Night Heat against Rob Van Dam. The Great Muta beat Van Dam last night to earn the title shot, but injuries sustained from RVD and Jushin Liger have ruled Muta out, giving Van Dam the shot anyway. Can X-Pac keep his title, or will Van Dam win the title that has so far eluded his partner Liger?

Ron Simmons met his new assistant last night, in the form of the beautiful Trish. The Number One Contender to the Intercontinental Title will be in action tonight though, with Trish by his side, as he faces Billy Gunn. Gunn was "awarded" this title shot by Shawn Michaels, who will obviously be very interested in his DX teammate's match, as well as the main event. It's bound to be an explosive night, and it's the best wrestling action in the world, only on Raw is War!

Confirmed Matches:

Six Man Tag Match:

Cactus Jack, Kane & Triple H V Ken Shamrock, Owen Hart & Sting

WWF Genesis Title:

Taz © vs. Kurt Angle

Ron Simmons w/ Trish V Billy Gunn

WWF Lightweight Title:

X-Pac © V Rob Van Dam

• 10 months later...