Do you go away?

J-Rod

I've only ever been to one away game and it was a friendly, so that doesnt really count :P

But this season I am gonna go away at Barnet and perhaps Carlisle, just because it is our longest away game.

The last away game I went to was just on Saturday. I went from Perth to Hamilton, around 60 miles. Fortunately, I didn't see any of their fans up close. Judging by the ground, they probably smelled like fish.

I'm going to try and go to more away games this season. Definately going to the St. Johnstone/Dundee match since it's a Tayside derby and we haven't had one in about 4 years.

I've been to a few away games.

Ewood Park, Molineux (which I think is awesome by the way), Villa Park, The Valley, Carrow Road, Goodison Park, Loftus Road, Schalke Arena (I think that is what it's called), Amsterdam ArenA, Dortmund's ground (Can't remember the name).

Worst of all was Old Trafford, I was young so the coach journey up there seemed an eternity, finally get there, excited and we lose 1-0 because Nigel Winterburn scored an own goal with his shoulder. :(

The Dortmund one was pretty bad too seeing as we lost 2-1 because of that cunt Koller. But then again, it wasn't just a there and back kind of trip, so it wasn't too bad.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Only a couple of games following Partick Thistle. I've been to Kilmarnock, St Mirren & Hamilton. Technically Hamilton was away as they groundshared with Partick for a while and we sat in the away section, a bizarre experiance.

I've been to loads, fucking loads. Here are the ones I remember.

Blackpool 3 times.

Carlisle 3 times.

Mansfield

Macclesfield 2 times

Hull 2 times

York

Hereford

Chelthenham

Bristol City

Sheffield Wednesday

Tranmere

Spennymoor

Lincoln

Rochdale 2 times

Oldham 2 times

Millenium Stadium

Wrexham

Huddersfield

Kidderminster

Halifax

Yeah, Probably more too.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Technically Hamilton was away as they groundshared with Partick for a while and we sat in the away section, a bizarre experiance.

Did you get the same treatment that Aberdeen fans got when they were ground sharing with Caley Thistle?

"Are we sitting in your seats?"

:D

Technically Hamilton was away as they groundshared with Partick for a while and we sat in the away section, a bizarre experiance.

Did you get the same treatment that Aberdeen fans got when they were ground sharing with Caley Thistle?

"Are we sitting in your seats?"

:D

Ive only ever been to 3 away games . Bolton (3-1 loss) , Birmingham (1-1 draw) and Liverpool (2-2 draw)

I Prefer away games to home games despite the travel . The atmosphere is always buzzing and (at least at Spurs games , doubt that Arsenal have this) the songs keep coming . My favourite game was Liverpool , Liverpool to me is traditon , to stand in the stadium and listen to You'll Never Walk Alone sung by the kop and to see Edman score one of the goals of the season in front of the Kop end .

Im trying to get tickets to Blackburn away , if anyone has been there whats it like ?

I went with an ex-best friend to see Blackburn versus Sunderland, I sat in the Blackburn end and supported Sunderland.

My dad went "GO ON KEV!" as he ran with the ball and two people got up and walked away :P

Yeah, it finished 0-0 and my ex-best friend started to cry.

I also saw Man Utd versus Deportivo at Old Trafford and since Deportivo are my favourite Spanish team - I guess i was away.

Other than that, no. I don't go to many football matches.

EDIT: To Slickman: Ewood Park is mehish at best. It's fairly big but it's got nothing on the Stadium of Light. The only good thing about Ewood Park is that when we went there was a massive hill on the road on the way there - that rocked.

Edited by IAceI

My favourite place to go is Celtic Park. Great stadium, great atmosphere, both sets of supporters singing You'll Never Walk Alone. I've been there twice now, and I'd jump at the chance to go again. Wouldn't mind getting Rangers in the CL this year to see how that compares.

In England I've been to loads, including most Premiership grounds. I like St. James Park, but didn't like Bramall Lane too much, especially when things kicked off afterwards. I hate the lego stadiums like the Riverside, and I hope our new stadiums not like that if we do eventually build one.

Not sure if finals really count as away games but Cardiff is boss. Been there loads of times now, and it's always a great day out, and a fantastic stadium. Istanbul was amazing, but the stadium was shite and miles away from everything. Terrible place for the European Cup final.

Ive only ever been to 3 away games . Bolton (3-1 loss) , Birmingham (1-1 draw) and Liverpool (2-2 draw)

I Prefer away games to home games despite the travel . The atmosphere is always buzzing and (at least at Spurs games , doubt that Arsenal have this) the songs keep coming . My favourite game was Liverpool , Liverpool to me is traditon , to stand in the stadium and listen to You'll Never Walk Alone sung by the kop and to see Edman score one of the goals of the season in front of the Kop end .

Im trying to get tickets to Blackburn away , if anyone has been there whats it like ?

It's not bad really. You get sat behind one of the goals a bit to the side. I usually sit in the same stand unless I am going on someone's season ticket so if I choose to sit there, it can't be bad. :shifty: