Champions League Draw

public enemy

Pretty sweet draw, quite happy with it although I'm not majorly happy that we've gone and got Bayern yet again. We beat them twice last year though so I'm quite confident and happy, cant wait for it to come.

I love the Inter group, that should be a tough one for Rangers to pull off as well. Chelsea/Liverpool will have a tough time too, although I personally expect both of them to make it through. Liking the look of Madrid's draw too, not too bad.

Overall good draw, should be some badass games.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

We've got a fairly easy group again, at least on paper, I'm hopeful that it won't cause too much of a challenge though, but with Arsenal in the CL even playing Rosenborg can be a challenge, well until the 2nd game anyway.

Group A is the easiest to predict in my opinion. I agree with public enemy on his analysis and also on his analysis of the Group B.

On Group C i think Barcelona will go through easily, with Werder Bremen and Panathinaikos fighting for the second place. Udinese will be last judging by what i saw. Any team who doesn't have trouble scoring despite having 20+ shots per game will easily beat them.

Anything can happen on Group D in my opinion (well, anything but Man Utd being out after the groups phase). Lille play very good football with a very good short pass game and can also rely on through balls for speedy forwards. Benfica play very well (this season) when the starting eleven is fit. Their depth is close to 0, and with injured players they'll struggle. Villarreal are an awesome team, but will have a lot more troubles defensively this season.

Group E is somewhat what public enemy said aswell, but i can't see PSV to get that worse. If there's something in Holland is the ability to get good players out of the youth systems with ease. They may get good replacements.

Group F will depend on Madrid's form. I have little doubt that their second half of the season will be better than the first, but as all these games will be on the first half i don't know what to think. Lyon play awesome football aswell.

Group G will be decided on home games. Both Anderlecht and Betis are great at home and the chances they may get to go through will be by getting precious wins at home. Betis however are a lot worse this season than the last. I think they'll experience some troubles.

Group H will probably end up with Inter going through and then someone out of Porto or Rangers. Porto started playing way worse than last season but have improved a little. I still don't like how they play, and liked it better last season. I also hate their manager.

that's it.

I'm kind of pleased with the draw.

We will walk over Bratislava, Porto have lost all their best players, but they have a brilliant manager in Co Adriannse who gave a bunch of very average players a good run in Europe last year (Alkmaar) and we COULD have Inter twice at Ibrox because of their naughty fans, thats a massive boost.

I fancy Rangers to beat Bratislava at Ibrox. Charlie Nicholas said, atleast I think it was him, that Bratislava shat it at Parkhead because of the noise of the fans and will probably do the same at Ibrox.

Rangers have a chance of going through to the knockout stage but I think it will all depend on Porto. Unfortunately, I think it'll be Eufa cup again for Rangers this season.

We will walk over Bratislava, Porto have lost all their best players, but they have a brilliant manager in Co Adriannse who gave a bunch of very average players a good run in Europe last year (Alkmaar) and we COULD have Inter twice at Ibrox because of their naughty fans, thats a massive boost.

I'll take that draw no bother. We've got a good shot there. Bratislava will shit themselves at Ibrox and I think we can take something from the game in Slovakia, at least a point. The Porto games I can see three points coming from. Inter will be tough but hopefully we won't sit back and we'll have a go like we did a couple of years ago against Man United. The match in the San Siro won't be that easy to predict either. If we can not let the emptiness get to us, we could steal something.