AC Sparta Praha

FC Thun

Group A

FC Bayern

Juventus

Club Brugge

Rapid Wien

Guest Red Devil

I'm happy with our draw. As soon as Villareal beat Everton I knew we were going to get them. Forlan's coming back to Old Trafford for one night so that should be good. We should be able to top that group, Even though Villareal will give us some tough competitions I think we're too strong for both Benifica and Lille. I'm expecting United and Villareal to go through.

My thoughts;

• Group A speaks for itself really, whereas both Juve/Bayern matches will probably be enjoyable, you can't look past both going through to the knock-out phases.

• Arsenal I think got it easy in Group B. FC Thun are apparently a bunch of no-hopers and both Sparta and Ajax will only put up a minor threat in the away legs. Arsenal to comfortably go through, Ajax nicking second place.

• Barcelona all the way for Group C, they weren't clear favourites before the draw but almost certainly must be now given the comparison between both they're group and Chelsea's. Udinese, Werder Bremen and Panathinaikos are not bad teams in fairness but a lack of European experience already places Barca in the latter stages.

• In all honesty, I think United will find it tough in Group D. I can't look past us going through but on paper the opposition looks a lot simplier than I actually think they will prove to be. Villareal are a good team and one way or another, Forlan will surely be making the headlines. Both Lille and Benfica could prove to be troublesome and I don't think we'll have the opportunity to be resting too many players like we did last year.

• Group E will be AC Milan dominant followed by Fenerbache IMO. A PSV/Milan rematch will raise a few eyebrows but after losing several of they're top-stars, I can't see the Dutch progressing any further. I think Milan will stroll through but the real race will be for second place given the competition.

• Real Madrid will easily slide by Group F. They may not be the team they once were but in they're group only Lyon look like genuine contenders to the top-spot.

• Group G will surely be all about Liverpool and Chelsea, A tight affair over the both legs I'm sure. Real Betis are the wildcards though, it'll be interesting to see how they fair-up against English opposition, Anderlecht also. Definitly one of the toughest groups of the lot.

• Gotta feel bad for the Celtic fans, seeing Rangers stroll by Bratislava, which I have no doubt they're capable of doing, will truly rub-in they're European failure. Can't see them go through in Group H though, Inter are a cert and I think Porto could be underestimated once again.

All in all, Its a decent draw and most of the English sides look likely to go through to the knock-out stages. There'll surely be a few surprises along the way but lets hope they'll stay well and clear from Group D... >_>