Xtreme Combat Wrestling - The Diary

XCW Supah Powah

From Safeco Field in Seattle, Washington.

Dark Match - Cade Sydal vs. Troy Fenix

The Match: Cade hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Troy reverses a Cade Sydal hammerlock. Cade takes a flying neckbreaker from Troy Fenix. Standing leg lariat by Troy Fenix on Cade. Hard back suplex on Cade. Troy charges into the corner but Cade moves out of the way and eats turnbuckle. Troy takes a hurrancarana from Cade Sydal. Troy Fenix is in trouble. Nightcap! 1....2....3. Troy Fenix offers a handshake to Cade...and he accepts it! Winner: Cade Sydal at 4:34

The PPV

The camera opens up on a shot of the crowd gathered at Safeco Field. The ring has `Supah Powah' on each side of the apron, and on the mat, written in orange. The camera switches to Joey Styles and Dave Meltzer, and it appears that they will be calling the matches from a skybox, with video monitors giving them a good look at the action....

Joey Styles: "Good evening, and welcome to Safeco Field in Seattle, Washington, for Xtreme Combat Wrestling Supah Powah! I'm Joey Styles. We have some great matches for you tonight, and here to tell you is my co-host, Dave Meltzer!"

Dave Meltzer: "Thank you, Joey. Tonight, XCW will crown its first ever Tag Team champions, as the teams of Mexico's Most Wanted, Konnan and Killings, Jerry and The Juice, and Lash LeRoux and Norman Smiley face off in an Elimination Match for the belts. Lash LeRoux and Norman Smiley have to be considered the underdogs in the match, as they aren't a regular tag team."

Joey Styles: "Well, it still should make for a great match."

Dave Meltzer: "Tonight, we'll also see a Four Corners match for the XCW Cruiserweight Championship, as AJ Styles defends the belt against Ultimo Dragon, Super Hentai, and David Levy. Then, in the Main Event, we will see if Sting can hold on to the XCW World Heavyweight Championship, as he faces Scott Hall and Terry Funk in a Cage Match!"

Joey Styles: "Well, it looks like we're ready for the first match. Lets go to the ring!"

Biotech vs. Hajjowe

Biotech charges in, but Hajjhowe slams him to the mat with a Belly to Belly Suplex. Biotech hits a series of stiff chops on Hajjhowe, who blocks one and whips Biotech into the corner. Hajjhowe charges in but ends up getting a face full of boot. Face Jam by Hajjhowe. Hajjhowe ducks a running clothesline, which takes out the ref! Big dropkick by Hajjhowe, who gets a lot of air on the move. Cover, but the ref is still down. Back Heel Kick by Biotech. Reverse Russian Legsweep (aka the Downward Spiral, NOT The Stroke) by Hajjhowe. Pin attempt. 1....2...th...KICKOUT! Hajjhowe is shocked! Biotech ducks a wild right hand and executes a spinning kick off the second rope. Pin attempt. 1...2...shoulder up. Hajjhowe and Biotech start brawling. Hajjhowe eventually blocks a punch and counters with one of his own, flooring Biotech. HOWSE OF PAIN! Biotech taps! Hajjhowe isn't done. He slides out of the ring and grabs a steel chair. He spins Biotech around and DDTs Biotech on the chair! OUCH! Winner: Hajjhowe at 6:42

Norman Smiley and Lash LeRoux come out to the ring and hype the Elimination Tag match, putting themselves over as best they can. Norman has on a Seattle Mariners baseball jersey, to get himself over with the crowd. - 76%

XCW Tag Team Championship Match - Elimination Match - Mexico's Most Wanted vs. Norman Smiley and Lash LeRoux vs. Konnan and Killings vs. Jerry and The Juice

Smiley slams Konnan down. Massive back suplex! Tag to Halloween. Halloween uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Standing leg lariat by Halloween on Konnan. Tag to Damien 666. Standing leg lariat by Damien 666 on Konnan. Konnan blocks a punch. Flying shoulder tackle by Konnan sends Damien CRASHING to the mat. Konnan tags out to Ron Killings. Tor-NADO DDT from Ron Killings, Damien got planted! Cover gets three for Ron Killings, Damien got pinned. Jerry Lynn hits a rolling kick on Killings. Tiger suplex on Killings. Dropkick by Lynn. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Lynn tags out to Juventud Guerrera. Jerry and The Juice whip Killings into the corner. Jerry Lynn whips Juventud Guerrera in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Killings is down. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I Juvi goes for a splash but Killings puts the knees up. Tag between Ron Killings and Lash LeRoux. LeRoux hits a dropkick on Juventud Guerrera and gets right back up. Vicious kick to the teeth from Lash LeRoux. Tag between Lash LeRoux and Norman Smiley. LeRoux \ Smiley whip Juvi into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Cover gets three for Norman Smiley, Juvi got pinned. Norman Smiley snap suplexes Konnan HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Smiley is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Reverse DDT on Konnan. Smiley goes for a splash but Konnan puts the knees up. Fallaway slam by Konnan puts down Norman Smiley. Konnan hits a bulldog off the ropes. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Konnan and Ron Killings. Flying reverse elbow by Ron Killings. Killings walks into a drop toe hold. Smiley tags out to Lash LeRoux. Tor-NADO DDT from Lash LeRoux, Killings got planted! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Second rope flying axe handle, Killings goes down. Killings powers out of a headlock. STIFF high kick on LeRoux by Ron Killings. Lash LeRoux gets knocked to the ground by Konnan. Here it comes...Tequila Sunrise! Lash LeRoux taps! Winners (and first XCW World Heavyweight champions): Konnan and Killings at 9:27

Sting is backstage, ripping into Terry Funk and Scott Hall as he hypes tonight's Main Event. - 87%

XCW Cruiserweight Championship - 4 Corners Match - AJ Styles © vs. David Levy vs. Super Hentai vs. Ultimo Dragon

Spinning back kick from Ultimo Dragon. Hard back suplex on Styles. Hooks the leg for a two count. Styles ducks a wild right hand. Tag between AJ Styles and Super Hentai. Hentai uses a basement dropkick to the knee. Ultimo Dragon charges, Hentai moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Springboard dropkick from Super Hentai. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Hard back suplex on Dragon. Dragon backdrops Super Hentai out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Ultimo Dragon. Dragon tags out to David Levy. David Levy scores with a poor face jam on Super Hentai. Hentai takes a hangman's neckbreaker from Levy. Hentai backdrops David Levy out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Super Hentai. Vicious kick to the teeth from Super Hentai. Hentai tags out to Ultimo Dragon. Implant DDT by Ultimo Dragon! I Power drive elbow by Ultimo Dragon. David Levy can barely stand. Asai DDT!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Winner (and new XCW Cruiserweight Champion): Ultimo Dragon at 8:16

XCW owner Brian Floyd comes out to the ring....

"Thank you everyone for coming, and I sincerely hope you've enjoyed tonight's matches. As you know, its now time for the Main Event. And I used the XCW Randomizer software to try and make the Main Event a little bit extra special. So, I would like to announce, that...there will be a special Guest Referee for the match!" (pauses) "Come on out, Valeria!"

Valeria Cage walks out from the back, dressed in a tight (but otherwise normal) referee shirt, black booty shorts, white socks and black sneakers. She plays to the crowd a bit as Mister Floyd leaves the ring area. Valeria doesn't head to the ring yet, as the cage still needs to be set up. - 73%

(Imagine whatever witless banter you'd like happening while the cage is being assembled. I don't feel like making something up.)

XCW World Heavyweight Championship - Cage Match - Sting © vs. Scott Hall vs. Terry Funk - Guest Referee: Valeria Cage

Hall and Funk start brawling. Funk reverses a whip into the corner by Hall, and Sting hits the Stinger Splash on Hall. Funk tries to climb the cage, but only gets about 3 feet off the ground when Sting jerks him off the cage by his right leg. Sting counters an arm wringer by Funk with an elbow to the side of the head. Sting gets slammed hard by Scott Hall. Funk counters a piledriver attempt by Hall by turning it into a backdrop. Sting launches Funk into the side of the cage. Neckbreaker on Funk by Hall. Pin attempt, but Funk kicks out just as Sting goes to break up the pin. Sting and Hall whip Funk into the corner, and Hall hits a hard clothesline on Funk. Funk throws Sting into the cage, and climbs the turnbuckle. Flying Legdrop by Funk, but Sting rolls out of the way. Hall grabs Funk and sets him up for the Outsider's Edge, but Sting leaps off a turnbuckle and hits a flying clothesline on Hall. Pin attempt, leg hooked. 1....2....shoulder up. Hall and Sting start brawling. Funk starts climbing the cage, as Sting and Hall continue to fight. SCORPION DEATH DROP! Sting pins Hall for the 1-2-3 a split second before Funk exits the cage. Funk thinks he's the winner and starts celebrating, then looks in the cage and realizes that he lost. Winner (and still XCW World Heavyweight Champion): Sting at 11:28

Joey Styles: 'Well, another exciting XCW Pay-Per-View concludes, and it looks like Sting is still THE Man in XCW, Dave!"

Dave Meltzer: "It certainly does, Joey. Fans, be sure to join us this coming Friday for XCW Friday Night Fury, 9:00 EST on MTV2! Good night.

The camera switches to Sting, raising the belt high in the hair in cage. Scott Hall is finally starting to come around, but it still groggy. The camera shows a quick shot of a very disappointed Terry Funk before the picture fades to black.

Show Stats

Overall Rating: 73%

0.97 buyrate, with 11,467 in attendance. Made $2,425,000 from PPV revenue, $688,020 from ticket sales. PI is now 18%

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all:

1. For everyone who is complaining: You're NOT going to get any cheese to go with that whine!

2. I got a new PS2 game a few days ago, and have been playing it instead of playing EWR for now. (Remember: I've already got over a dozen shows I've not posted yet) I'm probably going to post the next show tomorrow. I also don't plan on booking any more shows until I post most of the shows I've already done so far.

The lack of Gabriel Price on the show is highly disturbing.

Well, you're going to keep on being disturbed for about 4 more shows, iirc. Too lazy to go check, but I know he's not on the next 3 shows for sure.

Fallen Angel ended up out for 2 or 3 months with an arm injury, which is why I've not been using her. I just didn't feel like mentioning it.

On the other hand, you'll like the fact that Gabriel Price is now Unsackable! (Guess how come?) I used Arsenic to get rid of Creative Control, though. I don't mind people becoming Unsackable, but NO ONE is getting Creative Control unless that's the only way I can get them to sign with XCW in the first place. (Besides, he married Court H. Bauer's daughter, not mine, and I am the owner of XCW. Bauer's just some nutcase who thinks he owns it!)

• 2 weeks later...

*Sigh*

Okay, I've tried to write Friday Night Fury Episode 8 twice now, and had problems both times. Once, I somehow accidentally clicked a link on my toolbar (don't know how, really) and ended up wiping out my writing (and I had 90% of the show written. :( ). The other time, I got an error message popping up and had to close the window.

So screw it. I'm posting a synopsis of Episode 8, instead of re-writing it for a third time.

Friday Night Fury Episode 8

Footage of the end of the main event from the PPV airs before the usual opening for FNF. When the show opens, the camera pans across the crowd and it seems the show is being broadcast inside a giant circus tent, instead of the XCW Arena. Styles and Meltzer are at ringside, but instead of their usual custom-made announce table, they're at what looks like two wrestling tables set side by side with a black cloth that has the XCW logo on it draped over it. Joey Styles explains that the owner of the building known as the XCW Arena tried to screw over XCW owner Brian Floyd, who was having none of it. Bottom line is, Mister Floyd bought the land out from under him and he has until the end of the month to move the building or it will be destroyed, and the XCW Arena won't be used again. Mister Charisma somehow supplied the circus tent.

Jason Kintro vs. Marc Korver vs. Johnny Stylez

A good, solid triangle match with no one really dominating. Match ends when Kintro puts Korver down with a Tiger Driver `91, Stylez dodges a clothesline attempt by Kintro, and rolls him up for the pin, grabbing Kintro's tights for leverage.

All 4 members of Violent Conduct cut a promo about how bad ass they are, and about how they're going to dominate in their match later tonight. Big Bad Brad does most of the talking. (65% rating)

XCW Television Title Match - 999 © vs. SRFC-DanP vs. Biotech

A triangle match. SRFC dodges a back heel kick by Biotech, only to take a Death Valley Driver by 999 for his trouble. 999 hits the 3-Digit Death on Biotech and pins him to retain.

(Cutting and pasting this next one - I was using The Dames' commentary, but I've switched to CRZ's since then (I actually used CRZ for the first few episodes, btw))

Survivor Match - Team Rose vs Violent Conduct.

Match Background: Team Rose consists of Danny Rose, Travis Andrews, Kijimara, and Pierroth Jr.. Violent Conduct consists of Big Bad Brad, Christopher McDonald, Troy Johnson, and Joe Crazy. This will be a survivor series bout. Rose is making his debut at this show.

The Match: First Fall : Joe receives some punishment by Pierroth Jr. but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Pierroth Jr. strikes Joe Crazy with a hard blow. Hooks the leg for a two count. Joe Crazy avoids a Pierroth Jr. avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Tor-NADO DDT from Joe Crazy, Pierroth got planted! Pin, but Pierroth is out just before the three count. Pierroth counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Weak bodyslam by Pierroth. ONE...TWO...THREE. Pierroth defeats Joe. Second Fall : Pierroth Jr. strikes Christopher McDonald with a hard blow. Pierroth hits a piledriver on Christopher McDonald. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Hooks the leg for a two count. Chris McD reverses a waistlock. Pierroth gets hit with SPLASH MOUNTAIN~! out of the corner! Christopher McDonald has Pierroth Jr. down on the canvas. Sharpshooter!!! Pierroth Jr. taps out! Third Fall : Flying elbow from Danny Rose connects. Chris McD takes a NICE hurrancarana from Danny Rose. Covers for a quick two count. Danny Rose misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Front legsweep slam aka The Stroke by Christopher McDonald. Danny Rose gets knocked to the ground by Chris McD. Sharpshooter!!! Danny Rose taps out! Fourth Fall : Flying shoulder tackle by Troy J sends Wildcard CRASHING to the mat. Spear by Troy Johnson. Covers for a quick two count. Travis Andrews comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Flying knee to the face from Travis Andrews. For the record it was more of a Rusty Wizard than a Shining one. Travis Andrews stuns Troy Johnson. The Ace!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Fifth Fall : BBB scoops and slams Kijimara. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? BAAACK Body drop by Kijimara gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Covers for a quick two count. Kijimara avoids a Big Bad Brad avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Powerbomb on BBB. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! BBB powers out of a headlock. A sit out full nelson slam on Kijimara. The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Big Bad Brad pins Kijimara. Sixth Fall : BIG clothesline on Wildcard. A sit out full nelson slam on Wildcard. Hooks the leg for a two count. Wildcard blocks a punch. Flying knee to the face from Travis Andrews. For the record it was more of a Rusty Wizard than a Shining one. Travis Andrews climbs to the top turnbuckle as Big Bad Brad is stunned. The Ace!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Final Fall : Wildcard hits a spinning back kick. All those spinning kicks look alike, don't they. Flying elbow off the top rope by Travis Andrews, getting as close to zero air as possible. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Travis Andrews with an enziguri! HBK isn't moving...uh oh. Oh, sorry, I had a flashback to the last time I got fooled. Chris McD reverses a waistlock. Vertical suplex by Christopher McDonald. Christopher McDonald floors Travis Andrews. Travis Andrews gets locked in the Sharpshooter! Submission victory! Winners: Violent Conduct

AJ Styles comes to the ring and hypes his match with Juvi and Ultimo Dragon before a commercial break. (81%)

XCW Cruiserweight Title Match - AJ Styles © vs. Juventud Guerrera vs. Ultimo Dragon

Ultimo rolls Juvi up for a Magistral Cradle, but AJ breaks it up and nails Ultimo with a Shining Wizard, kicks Juvi in the gut after blocking a punch, and hits the Styles Clash on Juvi to retain.

Valeria Cage cuts a promo, and the fans eat it up. (93%)

Ron Killings vs. Jerry Lynn

Jerry Lynn hits a DDT off the top rope, then the Cradle Piledriver for the win. Killings dominates Lynn for most of the match, and they brawl up the entrance ramp afterward.

Kevin Nash hypes the main event, a match between himself and `Demented' Danny Dawson. (75%)

`Demented' Danny Dawson vs. Kevin Nash - 10 Minute Time Limit

The match goes to a time limit draw. At one point, 3D charges Nash, who grabs him and hits the Snake Eyes, but takes an elbow upside the head when he grabs Danny afterward. Only one pin attempt during the match: 3D gets a 2-count on Nash, after a Full Nelson Slam. Nash charges into the corner but eats BIG BOOT right as time expires. Nash refuses a handshake.

Show Stats

Overall Rating: 71%

0.89 rating, with 5, 028 in attendance. Made $201,120 from ticket sales. PI is now 20%

Kintro\Stylez feud is still at 38 heat.

Post Show Notes

Paul Armstrong has been suspended for the rest of the month for blasting the promotion on a nationally broadcast radio show.

XCW Friday Night Fury Episode 9 will feature:

JuggaloNinjaLee vs. Kijimara - Winner gets a TV Title shot!

Elimination Match - Dragon Jones vs Super Hentai vs Troy Fenix vs David Levy!

Biotech vs. John Rodz!

TV Title Match - 999 © vs. the winner of the JNL vs. Kijimara match!

XCW World Tag Team Title Match - Konnan and Killings © vs. Lash LeRoux and Norman Smiley!

XCW World Title Match - Sting © vs. Scott Hall!

And the announcement of an interesting new signing by XCW owner Brian Floyd!

• 1 year later...