Guilty pleasure films.

Timmoru Suzuki

After having a conversation with a friend (he's 19 and loves Titanic........), I realised that nearly all of us have a 'guilty pleasure film', a film that we are in a minority for liking. Maybe its something just unspeakably bad (or maybe that's why you like it), maybe you just simply refuse to accept there is anything at all wrong with the film, or maybe you still love it, even with its obvious flaws.

So, whats your 'guilty pleasure film', the film no-one else seems to like bar you?

Since as it's my thread, I'll start the ball rolling. I really like 'Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie'. Don't know why, but there's just something about that film that means I could watch it over and over, and find it funnier than everyone else seems to (not that it's fantastically funny) Its one of my closet favourites.

Now you.

Probably 'Ten Things I Hate About You'.

I actually rate it as the best movie I've ever seen, well just behind The Beach. Yet no one else I know likes it at all, yet I'm in love with it. So it's a little bit of a guilty pleasure I suppose.

Oh and Legally Blonde :blush:

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Probably 'Ten Things I Hate About You'.

I actually rate it as the best movie I've ever seen, well just behind The Beach. Yet no one else I know likes it at all, yet I'm in love with it. So it's a little bit of a guilty pleasure I suppose.

Oh and Legally Blonde  :blush:

<3 them all.

Moulin Rouge is also good.

How the fuck is A Walk To Remember a guilty pleasure? That was a fantastic film.

For me, it's anything by Robert Rodriguez. He's good at nothing but popcorn action flicks, but at least they're highly entertaining flicks.

I liked Babe 2, not as much as the first though. Oh, I also liked JAWS 2, but once again its not really in the same league as JAWS, but I was entertained (H)

Guest KidDiamond

Josie and the Pussycats (I worked at Hollywood Video when this came out, three days before my birthday, and I got a hard time about liking it... I even used my free birthday rental to rent it. Heh.)

Ten Things I Hate About You (Not really into most teen-ish romance flicks, but I can watch this one, and it's among my top 10 movies ever, right behind Josie and the Pussycats and Memento)