Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont have a lot of cover, I sold Rasiak so Defoe, Keane and Mido are my only three strikers, and sold a few midfielders like Brown and Ziegler.

I'm maybe starting a new game anyway. My restlessness has set in, I seem to want to manage everyone!

Update time...

I went to Dundee. They've now got the 4th best squad in the SPL behind Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. Got bored really quickly with that, and moved to Doncaster Rovers to try and get them promoted. Dundee will probably finish in the top half of the table now, as they were looking like they were going to get relegated. So a job well done. I also felt very strange playing against Rangers.

We're currently in 3rd place in League One at Doncaster, about 7 points behind 1st place, so it looks like I'll get Doncaster into the Championship. But there's like 15 games left to play, and theoretically, I can still get relegated.

I also went crazy and bought Abeyie (Arsenal player) from some Belgian team for £3million. I've already got some great free tranfers lined up, but they won't arrive until the next season, so I needed someone to score at least 2 goals a game, so I can actually use those players in the Championship next season. He's been disappointing so far though. <_<

Oh, and Germany also won the World Cup in 2010.

Edited by The Kraig

Well, Italy won the World Cup in 2006. The Italy coach left his post and they offered me the job, I accepted. Now, the pressure is on. We're the highest ranking team going into Euro 2008. I've been told to win it by the fans and by the Italy 'board', or whatever you want to call it.

Who won the World Cup in your game?

Edited by Lost Soul

In the World Cup that just finished for me, England went into the final against Spain as hot favourites (mainly because of my brilliant Jermaine Defoe) and lost 2-1. England undefeated for the rest, beating Argentina 4-0 in the semis.

I applied for Italy and Czech Republic, didn't get either despite winning the premier league. So will try next time.

I finished my first season with Plymouth barely avoiding relegation. I was one point away from being relegated with about 5 games left, but I rattled off four straight wins and took 18th. My contract expired and they offered me a two year extension which I gladly accepted.

Offseason went very well, as I signed some experienced players. Robbie Fowler came from Man City for 1.1 million (I'm playing with American Money, so yeah...), and Olympiakos released Rivaldo on free transfer so I picked him up. They're both terribly slow, but they finish just about everything. Also Lamberto Zauil signed on free as well. I switched to a 4-3-3, because I have another QUICK striker in Tamas Priskin I got from a team in the Hungarian league.

Next season started and I was expected to fight off relegation again, and I'm managing to fight for the playoffs as I'm in 7th place a little more than halfway through. Again, injuries are just killing me this season, as I've had my top five strikers each out for at least a month, but they're all over 10 goals through about 20 league appearances apiece.

I had one of the most exciting games of my life though this season. I had already made my three substitutions with about 75 minutes left, and I my defender of course gets injured. Then about two minutes later Another one of my defenders gets a red card in the box. They score on a penalty with about 10 minutes left. I'm playing a 3-3-2 and Rivaldo gets an amazing cross in the 90th minute and score to end the game in a 1-1 tie. It was sweet.

Guest Ringo Von Masterson

I'm currently 4th as Nottm Forest in the Prem, I've been tying way too many games. Chelsea unsettled Morten Gamst Pedersen before the season started and bought him for 20 mil + SWP. I bought Wesley Sneijder and Carlos Tevez (who was transfer listed at Inter) with that money and both rule all that is awesome.

My starting XII:

Gk: Friedel/Niemi (both are solid and the competition between the two makes them even more awesome)

DL: Leighton Baines (shifty at the back but I've got no one else)/ Taye Taiwo (he's taken over Baines as first choice, he's been a rock)

DR: Anthony Vanden Borre (a rock)

DC: Vincent Kompany/Tal Ben Haim (both are fairly solid but prone to mistakes at this point)

DC: Matthew Upson (a motherfucking rock, a must buy)

DMC: Freddy Guarin (doing well)/ Pedretti (blows, unsettled, transfer listed, getting bought by some German team for 2 million in January)

ML: Leo Messi (awesome)

MR: SWP (worth Pedersen and then some)/Lennon (good enough for second choice)

AMC: Wesley Sneijder (Unfuckingbeatable, usually scores 1 or 2 per game, currently the Premier Division's top scorer)

FC: Giussepe Rossi (a beast)

FC: Carlos Tevez (scores often, but not as much as I'd like)

Apart from the starting XI, I've got Kevin Nolan and Theo Walcott on the bench, everyone else is either old or shit. I need a new striker and DMC. Pedersen is already transfer listed at Chelsea, so I'll try to get him back. I'm also gonna try to move for Nigel De Jong but I doubt I've to enough cash.

Playing as FC Groningen (Holland) at the moment and at home I've been unbeatable so far. Even crushing arch rival Heerenveen 4-0. But both my strikers (Nevland and Salmon) want to move to bigger clubs.

Playing a 3-5-2 formation and it has made my defence really strong since they have backup from 2 defensive midfielders. Awesome for playing bigger clubs.

So during my Shelbourne game Wegner got sacked at the Arse, I got offered the job so I jumped ship. The finances were a bit dodgy following the purchase of Defoe (35m) and the big loan for the new stadium but I managed to improve the 13th position to 5th, plus I won the UEFA cup.

The next season rolls around and I get lots of offers for players with their status as backup to first team. They aren't listed for loan so the clubs are offering cash to loan them, so i've made almost 5m on loaning out backup players. Odd yet good :)

You must have been awesome at Shelbourne to get the Arsenal job. :blink:

Anyways, since the last time I said anything, I won the LDV Vans Trophy and League One (on goal difference) with Doncaster Rovers. Twice. Because FM fucking crashed before I could save the last time.

I wish Rangers would do shit so I could get the job. They keep winning stuff, and are in the UEFA Cup final. Bastard McLeish.

And since I won League One, my reputation's his national! Better jobs here I come.

I don't think it's configured correctly, maybe all top tier league titles are valued the same because i'm suddenly World Class because I won the Irish league title 3 years on the spin. So much so that that the Portugese fans are ecstatic that the FA has chosen such a great manager to lead them. Jokes on them, i'm quitting after the next tournament is done, I have about 40-50 players total to choose from.