Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About 15 League games into my Spurs 2009/10 season . Just sold Jermain Defoe for £50,000,000 to Chelsea (He was footballer of the year and scored 53 goals in 48 appearnces) then went and beat them 3-1 . Won the Micky Mouse cup and got to the Champions League final last year when I lost to FC Bayern , I then drew them in the group stage this year and beat them and then drew .

Edited by The Slickman

Guest Ringmaster The Living Legend

th_ohcanada.jpg

:o

Swerve. I'm the best Canadian manager ever >_>

What was your formation for that? I couldn't even beat Costa Rica in the Gold Cup.

Also Will Johnson is good for bagging a goal as a sub, He's got some wheels and Rob Friend is only good for jumping and not pacey runs. Canada have a lack of good center backs. Seriously it's De Vos, That guy who isn't De Vos and that's it.

Edited by Ringmaster The Living Legend

Well, in my current game, I've just finished my 2nd season with Institute (one of the lower teams in the N.Irish Premier League). Finished 5th in the first season without any silverware after being told to avoid relegation, but after strengthening my squad (thanks to 150k for my midfielder), I won the League Cup and All-Ireland Cup in the second season, despite only finishing 7th in the league.

I of course applied for any big jobs going, and got turned down for them all (Paris, Man Utd, Birmingham, to name a few), but I just got offered the Charlton job :o

I like 'Stute, but Premier league football appeals to me.

I dunno what to do :(

And upon further inspection, I just realised I'd be playing Championship level next season after a 19th place finish. Damn Curbishley <_<

Well, in my current game, I've just finished my 2nd season with Institute (one of the lower teams in the N.Irish Premier League). Finished 5th in the first season without any silverware after being told to avoid relegation, but after strengthening my squad (thanks to 150k for my midfielder), I won the League Cup and All-Ireland Cup in the second season, despite only finishing 7th in the league.

I of course applied for any big jobs going, and got turned down for them all (Paris, Man Utd, Birmingham, to name a few), but I just got offered the Charlton job :o

I like 'Stute, but Premier league football appeals to me.

I dunno what to do :(

And upon further inspection, I just realised I'd be playing Championship level next season after a 19th place finish. Damn Curbishley <_<

Turn it down I say. Stay for another season, see how things go. Plus if you do well you can build up your reputation and get offered better jobs. That said, it depends on what sort of situation Charlton are in (money-wise, player-wise, financially).

Does anyone else ever find themselves buying too many players then not knowing who the hell to pick? I'm in that position now.

MY SQUAD LIST

Goalkeepers

Stefan Klos

Craig Gordon

Simon Pouplin

Defenders

Leonardo Daniel Ponzio - DR

Fernando Ricksen - DR

Alan Hutton - DR

Kléber - DL

Darijo Srna - DR or DL

Gonzalo Pineda - DL or DC

Andy Webster - DC

Aaron Mokoena - DC

Igor Tudor - DC

Dusan Sninsky - DC

Ronald Gutierrez - DC

Spyros Vallas - DC

Midfielders

Rasmus Lindgren - ML

Robert Snodgrass - ML

Andrew Walker - ML or MC

Hugo Viana - ML or MC

Steven Davis - MC

Barry Ferguson - MC

Chris Burke - MR

Jorge Lopez - MR or ML

Shawn Wright-Phillips - MR

Mohammed Kallon - MR or MC

Strikers

Kris Boyd

Dado Prso

Fred

Peter Crouch

Javier Ernesto Chevante

Anyone have any ideas about who to play?

Does anyone else ever find themselves buying too many players then not knowing who the hell to pick? I'm in that position now.

MY SQUAD LIST

Goalkeepers

Stefan Klos

Craig Gordon

Simon Pouplin

Defenders

Leonardo Daniel Ponzio - DR

Fernando Ricksen - DR

Alan Hutton - DR

Kléber - DL

Darijo Srna - DR or DL

Gonzalo Pineda - DL or DC

Andy Webster - DC

Aaron Mokoena - DC

Igor Tudor - DC

Dusan Sninsky - DC

Ronald Gutierrez - DC

Spyros Vallas - DC

Midfielders

Rasmus Lindgren - ML

Robert Snodgrass - ML

Andrew Walker - ML or MC

Hugo Viana - ML or MC

Steven Davis - MC

Barry Ferguson - MC

Chris Burke - MR

Jorge Lopez - MR or ML

Shawn Wright-Phillips - MR

Mohammed Kallon - MR or MC

Strikers

Kris Boyd

Dado Prso

Fred

Peter Crouch

Javier Ernesto Chevante

Anyone have any ideas about who to play?

Okay, just had to choose my first 11 for the first game of the season. Went with this:

Gordon

Kléber

Ponzio

Sninsky

Gutierrez

Viana

Wright-Philips

Davis

Ferguson

Fred

Prso

Won 6-0, Ross McCormack (SUPER SUB!) scored twice so now I have another striker to give me a headache :D