Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

hehe, not in the game I was playing. Casillas was the Goalkeeping God and had been for about four-five years undisputedly. Me as Valencia, Barcelona and AC Milan had been embroiled in a bidding war for 18 months before I finally got the guy for £60m. He was that good he made instant imp[act and I woulda won the damned title if I hadn't bankrupted the club and got fired <_< As for most expensive FLOP, that would go to Diego. I signed the guy for £15m for Middlesbrough on the game before the valencia one, and whilst he was usually an ever present, the guy did f all. Eventually sold him for £500k after four seasons. huge.. huge loss.

In my current game that I profiled a season of a few pages back, I'm with WOlves and doing the opposite. I've been so shrewd in my investments in young players from the youth teams of premiership clubs and the squads of scottish teams (a freaking gold mine) that I sold Kenny Miller for £2.9m + 50% sell on with his replacement costing only about 110k (and now being courted by Chelsea), just sold Kris Boyd whose followed me from club to club and made a cracking profit on him. I bought him for 1.5m for middlesbrough, then bought him for WOlves for 250k from the boro. I sold him on to Wigan for 2.5m. Nice profit~~ And i've just about finished the sale of a former middlesbrough youth player who I signed for 55k, for a cool £1m to Spurs - Jason Kennedy. Kennedy has slowly matured over the last two season and has been BLISTERING this year to the point he was keeping new free signings Luke Moore and the GOD that is Marcus Bent out of the team. (Bent btw has 20 goals in 20 starts). I could either keep Kennedy and upset people because ive got such a great strikeforce (theyd all want to play eventually), or sell one, make a huge profit, and invest a tiny fraction of that into another youth player to send into my youth team for a few years. I took the money! I didn't have to sign anybody however tho because Norways #1 young striker arrived on a bosman in November. I feel guilty I have such an embarrasment of riches in attack.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my first season at Newcastle I was able to finish at 5th in the Premiership. Additons of Jakub Blazckowski (sp?) and Pieter Collen helped up my defense a fair amount. Steven Taylor is coming into his own. I unfortunately had to get rid of quite a few players as a result of wage budget problems (Buomsong was the big departure, Collen is better anyway). So if my players get injured I am in trouble.

I'm waiting to see if I should invest in a new Striker or if Michael Chopra is able to do well. Shola Ameobi got injured and his stats took a serious hit.

Also, England won the World Cup beating Croatia in the final. Stoke City got promoted to the Prem. And, finally, in the heat of the 4-team race for the Premisership's Championship (Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, and Liverpool were in that order in the standings) Thierry Henry and Ashley Cole got injured on back-to-back days for Arsenal and as a result they were unable to hold off surging Chelsea. Chelsea won on the last day.

Edited by damshow

My Swansea game is going quite well. It's January and I'm managing to keep my hold on the top spot in League One but only by a single point as Gillingham are doing a damn good job of keeping up and pushing me. I lost in the League Cup fourth round 2-0 to Spurs, and just qualified for fourth round of the FA Cup. I'm in the South Semi Final of the Vans Trophy and the way the draw looks, I've got a good chance of winning.

I signed Dwight Pezzarossi on a free at the start of the season and he's already scored 25 goals for me this season and is worth about a million now. I've made a few signings, but have been forced to sell to raise some cash and now have about 250k in my transfer kitty (up from an allowance of 180k) after all the dealings. Problem is my squad is struggling with the fixture congestion thats going on. I'm playing two or three games a week nearly every week and I've only got a squad of about 26 players. I need to sign a few players during the transfer window, while also planning for a possible promotion to the Championship next year.

In my first season at Newcastle I was able to finish at 5th in the Premiership. Additons of Jakub Blazckowski (sp?) and Pieter Collen helped up my defense a fair amount. Steven Taylor is coming into his own. I unfortunately had to get rid of quite a few players as a result of wage budget problems (Buomsong was the big departure, Collen is better anyway). So if my players get injured I am in trouble.

I'm waiting to see if I should invest in a new Striker or if Michael Chopra is able to do well. Shola Ameobi got injured and his stats took a serious hit.

Also, England won the World Cup beating Croatia in the final. Stoke City got promoted to the Prem. And, finally, in the heat of the 4-team race for the Premisership's Championship (Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, and Liverpool were in that order in the standings) Thierry Henry and Ashley Cole got injured on back-to-back days for Arsenal and as a result they were unable to hold off surging Chelsea. Chelsea won on the last day.

Guest muddatrucker

Westham are shite in this game, I started a game as them and although I'm well out of the relegation zone, its not fun at all, signed a few players, sold Roy Carroll and replaced him with Markus Miller, but all in all I really can't be bothered to continue it.

I feel your pain Mudda, I do. My first season as Wycombe I was totally up shit creak, relegation battle and everything, it was awesome. My second season I am just sort of lulling around mid-table and it's nowhere near as fun.

Edited by YI

Well after saying I needed to sign players int he transfer window, I ended up selling instead. Managed to get rid of some players who I was planning to let go on a free at the end of the season, raising around £100k for the five or six that left.

Then decided to be controversial and sell my ever-present goalkeeper. 32 year old Frenchman Willy Gueret was worth £250k and I managed to get £750k. Managed to get Kasper Schmeical in on loan from Man City until the end of the season, paying a huge 0% of his wages. His contract is up this summer so if he does well enough I'll offer him a permanent deal for next season.

Managed to beat Burnley in the fourth round of the FA Cup, where I'm facing Bournemouth, who just beat Chelsea 1-0 in the last round. It's nice to know I got further than Chelsea in the Cup.

Edited by TheArsenal

Guest muddatrucker

Started the game with £45,000,000 (due to Portsmouth's new chairman) sold the majority of my original players for around £25,000,000 spent all of it.

Guest muddatrucker

Ermm, I'm about to go out, but I'll name the ones I can spell/remember, bare in mind that I'm a relegation battler and the average person would rather get gangbanged than come to me.

Daniel Carvalho

Fernando Cavenaghi

Jonathan Blondel

Andreas Isaksson

Vagner Love

Fernandáo

Matuzalem

Alexis

Bojinov

Some decent russian/ukranian/serbian defenders and some others I can't remember right now.

I signed Cavenagi and Love for my Sheffield United team. Both flopped in the Championship. Sold them for like £6m both, nothing special.

Carvalaho, Bojinov are excellent signings. How much did you spend on Bojinov?

It's not Football Manager, but I bought Championship Manager '06 today and I can see my social life spiralling around the drain right now. It's just a pity no-one wants to come to Orient - I made offers to Rob Elliot and Alex Varney, and both times they wanted wages of about ten grand a week. And there are a bunch of players who are unhappy because of the training facilities being shite, but the board still refuse to do anything to improving it.

I love this game.

It's not Football Manager, but I bought Championship Manager '06 today and I can see my social life spiralling around the drain right now. It's just a pity no-one wants to come to Orient - I made offers to Rob Elliot and Alex Varney, and both times they wanted wages of about ten grand a week. And there are a bunch of players who are unhappy because of the training facilities being shite, but the board still refuse to do anything to improving it.

I love this game.

I found it rather shit.

Players dieing is cool though.