lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My rise to glory is nigh!

Started in Conference North with Leight RMI, got them to the Conference National.

Finished one season then moves to Scarborough and got them promoted the season after. Back to back promtions to League One after amazingly winning League Two.

Got offered the Stoke job in the Championship, took it, and got them into the Premiership just in time for 2011, woot!

Riding high with Pompey. Finished the 1st season in 4th and qualified for the champions league. Just managed to snap up Recoba on a free too, he's playing well along with D'Alessandro just in benhind Dave Nugent. I can't believe Nugent is putting Adebayor on the bench :D

One thing I've never figured out. It often says in my player's slight concerns that "Feels you aren't giving the team enough credit." I don't really know what this entails I should do, I praise them after every performance, etc.

So can anyone help me out here?

Edited by damshow

One thing I've never figured out. It often says in my player's slight concerns that "Feels you aren't giving the team enough credit." I don't really know what this entails I should do, I praise them after every performance, etc.

Release a media report praising an certain player whose playing well over the last few games.

Okay, I do that somewhat often though. I got criticized by one of my players for what I said in the locker room after we won a match. Apparently praising them isn't the best thing to do... <_<

I'll release more media reports then. See if that helps.

Release a media report praising an certain player whose playing well over the last few games.

Okay, I do that somewhat often though. I got criticized by one of my players for what I said in the locker room after we won a match. Apparently praising them isn't the best thing to do... <_<

It's usually if your team wins and you don't praise them in the dressing room.

It's usually if your team wins and you don't praise them in the dressing room.

Bah, must be some retarded glitch. I praised those mother fuckers.

Do you praise them as a team, or individually. I find if you end up praising the team as a whole and nothing else, then they tend to get a little upset. You've got to strike the balance between letting them know they'll all doing well and letting the individuals know their contributions are valued. I tend to find if I let them know they've done well most of the time and save the overtly-jubilant praise for the big matches, then I do alright.

I also find if I choose the last choice of wanting them to "play like this every week!", then they seem to get upset. You've got to be careful with stuff like this.

Do you praise them as a team, or individually. I find if you end up praising the team as a whole and nothing else, then they tend to get a little upset. You've got to strike the balance between letting them know they'll all doing well and letting the individuals know their contributions are valued. I tend to find if I let them know they've done well most of the time and save the overtly-jubilant praise for the big matches, then I do alright.

I also find if I choose the last choice of wanting them to "play like this every week!", then they seem to get upset. You've got to be careful with stuff like this.

Yeah, only time to use that last one is if your team has been playing really badly and not winning for a while, then manage to pull out a really good result.

When doing post match team talks, how many people do you usually single out? I've been getting similar greviances from certain players, and I usually try to stick with only praising about 3 players personally per game, as I don't know exactly what the limit is before the overall team talk becomes watered down.

I usually single players out who have a 9 or 10 for praise and people who have 5 or lower telling them I'm angry. Everyone else I leave to the general team talk. Doing that I've never had a problem with any getting upset.

Likewise, although I drop it to 8 usually, and just change how good the praise is.

I also occasionally get angry at players who started the match well, and then faded (rating from 8 to 5/6, or something).

But I've rarely had any problems.

I'm a dirty scummer and took the Liverpool job since Arsene Wenger retired. He'd won the title witth them 5 out of the last 6 years. Never won the Champions League thoguh in all their years of dominance, but yet never done worse than the quarters.

I'm having a few problems though. I'm used to building teams, not inheriting great ones. And I rarely buy players with low teamwork/workrate... but this team is full of them. I've comfortably beat some good sides, but lost away to Portsmotuh and Luton 1-0, and 2-0 at home in the derby. All games the players just didn't start playing, because they're pussy gaylords who hate running, tackling and generally getting physical. Tis 2014/15, and I should still win the league.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I won the World Cup with England, before leaving to take the Liverpool job.

I'm considering whether I should leave my Walsall team. The Juve job might become available, and if they offer it to me I might take it. Been Walsall since day one and am in February 2009 and have finished 2nd in League 1, won the Championship, won the Carling Cup and am currently in the top third of the Premiership above Man Utd. My team really is looking good, but I'm thinking about a change.

Problem is, whenever I do leave a club, and the club I go to aren't doing brilliantly, I want to go back and I kinda ruin the game by getting bored, so I'm still decided about leaving should a good job (the Juve one or another one) come along soon.