Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Whilst still going through my 10 year retirement period, a worthy piece of news that will disturb Spurs fans...

In 2020, the new Spurs manager is Jonathan Woodgate, after he was fired from Everton after 2 months.

Good luck with that :P

EDIT: Also just found out Dave Watson is now Everton manager replacing Woodgate.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest muddatrucker

I've had a crappy season so far, either my formation has been found out or my team has just complacent, Bojinov, Cavenaghi, Barreto and Porcellis are having trouble scoring (well, by my expectations anyway), so I might go and splash out on Adriano using Porcellis as bait, cheeky bastards.

So while managing Fenerbache I got the Saudi Arabia job(dont ask...)and qualification was easy as the other teams sucked pretty badly in the World Cup we were grouped with Switzerland,Israel and Ukraine.

First match with Israel I won 1-0 after a penalty in the 55th minute then came Switzerland who dominated the game but my goalie was amazing blocked every shot thrown at him and the match ended 0-0.

The Ukraine match was entertaining Abu Shageer scoring from a Free Kick very early on after being brought down by Shevchenko(Yellow carded haha) then my goalkeeper saved a bunch of shots from Voronin who was on fire but we managed to hold onto the lead in the 60th minute Shevchenko slid in on Abu Shageer and was sent off while Voronin was substituted for Kosyrin, Ukraine put everyone on attack but most of the shots were inaccurate and going wide and we won.

Second round and we face Colombia, Angel scored twice very early on and then wrapped up his hat trick with a header towards the end of the first half, the second half we started off with a bang, Al Qahtani scoring from a corner before Al Shoulhab flicks the ball over the keeper for our second, Angel goes back to help during a corner and ends up scoring an own goal!.

Nothing happens in extra time...well until Angel fires in a Free Kick which my goalie somehow manages to block this leads to a corner and Angel again scores with a header, however we respond right away the goal kick finding a free Al Qahtani who curls it in to equalize!.

Penalties and only Angel manages to score for Colombia as we win 3-1 to go into the Quarters where we get thrased 4-1 by Germany I thought we were going to pull off another upset as we went 1-0 up in the 2nd minute but Germany pulled back 4 goals very quickly for the win.

They wanted me to stay on but I quit and I am looking to join Mexico

I've had a crappy season so far, either my formation has been found out or my team has just complacent, Bojinov, Cavenaghi, Barreto and Porcellis are having trouble scoring (well, by my expectations anyway), so I might go and splash out on Adriano using Porcellis as bait, cheeky bastards.

Guest Ringy Bangs Dennis' Mom

So my season in the Championship with Leyton Orient came down to the wire. I was in the UEFA cup and defeated Roma in the quarter finals, only to be knocked out by those thieving bags of shit at Arsenal :shifty:. Somehow, I retained the Carling Cup by beating Southampton 2-1 in the final and was eliminated of the FA cup in the early rounds after some division 3 team beat me <_<. The final game of the season had 6 points separating 1-7, which I can't say I've ever had. I was first in the league and needed a victory to guarantee automatic promotion, however my game was away against Man City, who also needed 3 points to guarantee automatic promotion. First half, they put 2 past me and Robert Green got sent off, forcing me to put shitty secondary keeper Glyn Garner in goal. However, for the first time in his life, he had a good game and shut out Man City for the rest of the game. I subbed off Ashton and Carrick at half time because they were woeful and stuck in ATIBA Hutchinson and the just recovering from injury Olivier Occean. Occean continued his good form by scoring his 54th and 55th goal of the season within 10 minutes of the game's restart. By then end of the game, he'd scored two more times and had won us the league.

So, next year, Leyton Orient in the Premiership and the UEFA cup. I already have about 25 mil in transfer money because Van Der Vaart (who had joined me from relegated Hamburg for a lovely 4 mil) was purchased by CSKA London, who are also after Andres D'Alessandro (another relegated player on the cheap), and who may leave for the right price.

On the other hand, I have also been made England boss somehow, and here is why I am so great and why benching Lampard always works wonders :shifty:

th_englandrapesmalta.jpg

Just started a new game with Leicester using the Weegie update, started off getting beat 1-0 by Ipswich and should have have been about a 5-0 defeat if not for Rab Douglas, made a few signings to round out the team in Duncan Ferguson, Paul Merson, Marcus Berg, Cameron Belford and Nicholas Baker.

Two keepers since I realised when my backup got injured that I only had 2 keepers in total, 11 games in and 8th with 20 points including a 6-1 mauling of Leeds and a 4-1 win over Notts Forest in the cup. Started a raid on the Sweden Under 21 team with a total of 6 players coming in mostly to provide backup but should develop in to good players.

So any tips on a few cheap youngsters to sign?

Guest Ringy Bangs Dennis' Mom

I hate Arsenal, I had my scouts assess the ability of this player they have called Ze Castro, suddenly they're unsettling all my players by bidding 0 + Ze Castro, even though he's shit.

Bastards :@

Guest muddatrucker

Haha, the fans want me out because of my poor league position (2nd), you'd of thought I'd of got the loyalty card since you know, I've made this club the biggest team in the world.

Guest Koupa Troopa

Just started a new game with Leicester using the Weegie update, started off getting beat 1-0 by Ipswich and should have have been about a 5-0 defeat if not for Rab Douglas, made a few signings to round out the team in Duncan Ferguson, Paul Merson, Marcus Berg, Cameron Belford and Nicholas Baker.

Two keepers since I realised when my backup got injured that I only had 2 keepers in total, 11 games in and 8th with 20 points including a 6-1 mauling of Leeds and a 4-1 win over Notts Forest in the cup. Started a raid on the Sweden Under 21 team with a total of 6 players coming in mostly to provide backup but should develop in to good players.

So any tips on a few cheap youngsters to sign?

Something odd going on in my game. I've been offered the manager jobs at both the Republic of Ireland and the Republic of Congo. Yet every I get the message that they have approached me I haven't gotten the choice to accept or reject the offer and I want the Ireland job :(

Any ideas?

That's odd. I had the choice between Zimbabwe and Ghana, as I applied for both at the same time, but Zimbabwe approached first, but I delayed that one (to see if any other countries would accept me), then when Ghana asked, I accepted fine.

At least, I think that's what happened.

Double post for some reason. :blink:

Edited by The Kraig