The Movies

Sir Alan LCSugar

I'm just excited to see how e-feds, and even ewb diaries change once thing game becomes more mainstream. The ability to incoporate your own voice, or subtitles opens a tonm of new doors as far as promo's go. Hell, I'm sure you can even make people fight. Think of the possibilities.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye hadnt looked at the way other fields could adapt it and the ability to create your own actors and backdrops there is no reason why someone couldn't make a wrestling ring type set and work through it that way, I doubt there will be an animation in a fight like a pinfall though.

The first in joke slang term has been created, don't let anyone ever refer to your film as a "Saddle Up Sally" it means it's shit.

As for EWB diaries, it could help quite a lot with the idea of a EWB movie industry now I think about it :shifty:

Best Buy has about 40 copies of the 'pre-order' box left, containing a promotional 'star-maker' disk. I have a theory: They're not going to sell the actual game until they get rid of some of those pre-order boxes out of sheer spite.

In other news, Gamestop had it. I bought it(and a jelly pop. 'cuz jelly pops rock.) Anyway, they gave me one of the pre-order boxes as well. The reason was, as the manager said "Just to get rid of the damn things".

Best Buy has about 40 copies of the 'pre-order' box left, containing a promotional 'star-maker' disk. I have a theory: They're not going to sell the actual game until they get rid of some of those pre-order boxes out of sheer spite.

In other news, Gamestop had it. I bought it(and a jelly pop. 'cuz jelly pops rock.) Anyway, they gave me one of the pre-order boxes as well. The reason was, as the manager said "Just to get rid of the damn things".

There is only one way to redeem yourself for ending the Strong Style diary. I think you know what I mean. :kiss:

Waaaaaay ahead of you, Cloudy... Just ask CSAMH.

In other news, Mazat was complaining about the possibility of having to micromanage stars, "Sandbox" mode has several options, including "Stars don't Missbehave", "instant construction", and 'building's don't decay'. Also, The tutorial sucks.

Edited by Fanku Kaibutsu

well i don´t mind them causing trubbels, beign in the news and so on, i just ahte to read that you have to drag them out of the bar 20 times per movie if you want to run for the spot of studio nr1. I´ed love to have real and PR gossip and so on, so thats actualy something i am going to miss, i just hate that i have to help them to do stuff like getting to the toilet in time was in the sims....

Waaaaaay ahead of you, Cloudy... Just ask CSAMH.

Does that mean LL, a rabid fan of Strong Style, will be a star in one of your movies?! :woot:

The Hamster promotes the use of The Movies in the Diary Cube.

Two thumbs up (Y) (Y)

(I might change my mind when I play it!)

While aimlessly dicking around in sandbox mode, I noticed that I was unlocking new things. I was confused, as I thought you couldn't unlock anything in sandbox mode. It turns out, you can unlock technology in the sandbox like normal(i.e., like in the story mode), but when you unlock technology in the story mode, it becomes ALWAYS available in sandbox mode, meaning you can use 1990's technology in the 1940s.

Aaaaah, gone into Game this morning at 9.01 and apparently htey haven't had the bloody things delivered yet. Why advertise "be the first to play" if you're not going to allow people who preordered them to play the bloody thing. She said to check back sio will give them a call later, but I'm not likely to have much time to play the bloody thing now :'(

Got it today from HMV for £27.99 compared to Gamestation's price of £39.99!

It runs, pretty well actually (on lowest graphics settings) but my graphics card seems to be panicking and causes the game to flicker heavily when there's a lot happening on screen.

I need a new graphics card which is okay as a GForce 3 is hardly the most expensive thing on the planet.

The first script they give you sucks but then again crowds were much more easily pleased in ye olde days.

Some great touches, the radio is nice and I noticed some good relationships blossoming between my leading man and some 'extra' chick.

I want to get one of them addicted to comfort eating food though!

The actor creator looks to be pretty good too!

Got it now in the end and they gave me £15 off for messing me about so a new game for £20 wasn't too bad! Worked a little bit in the story mode and just created my first movie but hadn't rwatched the AMM tutorials properly so my hero the sherif, gets himself arrested and is seen riding into the sunset with no explanation after picking up an axe and just walking out. :shifty:

Next tinme I must remember to cast people correctly :\