Rise of the Independents RETURNS!

darrdor

So yeah, here we go again. The indy scene has drastically changed since I first embarked on my original Rise of the Independents diary. This time around I am thinking about doing 48 guys, divided into six 8 man blocks. Each wrestler will face all other 47 competitors in the tournament. However, I need you the readers to help me choose the 48 men. Here is my preliminary list of guys, with a few surprises to be thrown in later:

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS:

Samoa Joe

AJ Styles

Chris Hero

Christopher Daniels

Super Dragon

Austin Aries

Alex Shelley

Roderick Strong

Jack Evans

Kevin Steen

Bryan Danielson

Arik Cannon

Claudio Castagnoli

B-Boy

Low Ki

Homicide

Mike Quackenbush

Jay Lethal

Jimmy Jacobs

BJ Whitmer

Delirious

Jimmy Rave

Petey Williams

El Generico

Matt Sydal

Chris Sabin

Frankie Kazarian

Colt Cabana

Nigel McGuinness

Danny Daniels

Nate Webb

Doug Williams

???

???

???

RUMORED PARTICIPANTS

Trent Acid

Jay Briscoe

Mark Briscoe

Sonjay Dutt

Ricky Reyes

Rocky Romero

Puma

Sexxxy Eddy

Ruckus

Excess 69

Damian

Jay Briscoe

Mark Briscoe

Eddie Kingston

Brandon Thomaselli

Chris Bosh

Azrieal

Teddy Hart

Excalibur

Chad Collyer

Shane Storm

Beef Wellington

Tony Mamaluke

That makes 35 confirmed participants. What I want from all of you is for you to name the other 13 you feel deserve to be in the tourney and I will make a final decision in a day or 2. EDIT: Thanks RandomHero, you reminded me that people can also pick wrestlers who are not on the rumoured participants list. Thanks everybody.

Darren.

Edited by darrdor

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I've narrowed it allll down. Here are 47 of the 48 participants, #48 will be revealed on the 2nd show.

47 of the 48 participants for Rise of the Independents

CM PUNK (Just asked for release from WWE due to mistreatment. Hey shut up, its my diary :P)

Samoa Joe

AJ Styles

Chris Hero

Christopher Daniels

Super Dragon

Austin Aries

Alex Shelley

Roderick Strong

Jack Evans

Kevin Steen

Bryan Danielson

Arik Cannon

Claudio Castagnoli

B-Boy

Low Ki

Homicide

Mike Quackenbush

Jay Lethal

Jimmy Jacobs

BJ Whitmer

Delirious

Jimmy Rave

Petey Williams

El Generico

Matt Sydal

Chris Sabin

Frankie Kazarian

Colt Cabana

Nigel McGuinness

Danny Daniels

Nate Webb

Doug Williams

Teddy Hart

Tony Mamaluke

Azrieal

Beef Wellington

Sexxxy Eddy

Trent Acid

Eddie Kingston

Ruckus

Puma

JIMMY YANG

Excess 69

Sonjay Dutt

Brandon Thomaselli

Damian

Block A action:

-Chris Hero vs. Colt Cabana

-Samoa Joe vs. Delirious

-Petey Williams vs. Tony Mamaluke

-Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

-AJ Styles vs. Bryan Danielson

-Frankie Kazarian vs. Doug Williams

-Roderick Strong vs. Sexxxy Eddy

-Jack Evans vs. Danny Daniels

Glad to see this is finally back Darrdor, I've missed it.

Block A action:

-Samoa Joe vs. Delirious

-Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

MOTN: Styles-Danielson

Edited by VDP2006

I never read the first one but this looks like a lot of fun. I just wish you had more Mexican wrestlers in the tournament like Shocker, Hector Garza, L.A Park ect.

Block A action:

-Samoa Joe vs. Delirious

-Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

I juat watched my first Danny Daniels match and I have to say his finisher is sick! I think he will just be too much power for Jack Evans and his quick feet.

I didn't read this the last time around, but I will this time.

Block A action:

-Samoa Joe vs. Delirious

-Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

Block A action:

-Samoa Joe vs. Delirious

-Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

I'm glad to see this back. Are you doing the tape thing from last time as well? I want to get my tape, and was like 2/3's of the way there but you ended this. That made me sad. Anyways, I can't wait to see what you do with this, I hope go through with it as well.

Yeah! Glad you're back with a diary (Y)

-Samoa Joe vs. Delirious

-Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

Match Of The Night = Styles vs Danielson

Edited by erstyle

Block A action:

Chris Hero vs. Colt Cabana

Samoa Joe vs. Delirious

Petey Williams vs. Tony Mamaluke

Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

AJ Styles vs. Bryan Danielson

Frankie Kazarian vs. Doug Williams

Roderick Strong vs. Sexxxy Eddy

Jack Evans vs. Danny Daniels

Match of the Night: Chris Hero vs. Colt Cabana

HERE IS THE CARD FOR THE FIRST SHOW, FEATURING ACTION FROM BLOCKS A & B

Block A action:

-Samoa Joe vs. Delirious(with the Upset of the Night) :lmao:

-Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

Match of the Night: Styles vs Danielson

Edited by ZAK416

HERE IS THE CARD FOR THE FIRST SHOW, FEATURING ACTION FROM BLOCKS A & B

Block A action:

-Samoa Joe vs Delirious

- Puma vs. Sonjay Dutt

Block B action:

Match of the Night: Styles vs Danielson

Rise of the Independents Presents: In The Beginning

Saturday October 1st, 2005

Ring announcer Steven DeAngelis gets everyone pumped up and says we are gonna get right to

the first matchup BUT some at first, unfamiliar music hits but older ECW fans recognize it! "El

Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama" by White Zombie and of all people, LANCE

STORM makes his way through the curtain to an absolutely HUGE ovation! But what is he

doing here? He gets in and grabs the mic as the crowd waits for it.....

Storm: "If I can be serious for a minute..."

The crowd again pops huge as Storm smirks and then proceeds to announce he will be an

"Authority figure" type for ROTI as he will interject himself and give certain stipulations to

matchups as he sees fit. All ROTI matches will have 30 minute time limits unless otherwise

noted. He says in between the completion of each section of the tournament when blocks

move on to face other blocks, there will be a "Prelude" type card where the participants in

blocks who will be facing each other next have a chance to feel each other out first. ALSO

throughout the tournament, each participant will have a surprise opponent in place of their

scheduled opponent ONCE EACH in the tournament. This will most likely be an opponent the

participant has past history with and that ROTI officials believe will give them a run for their

money and "test their mettle." Storm finishes and thanks the fans and tells them to enjoy the rest

of the show and he will probably see them soon!

Roderick Strong vs. Sexxxy Eddy

A fun match to get the crowd going, Eddy riled up the fans as usual with his male

stripper gimmick and everyone Strong doesn't NEED a gimmick besides breaking people’s

backs yo. Eddy was able to counter a few of Strong’s backbreakers but made the mistake of

launching himself at Strong, who caught him easily and delivered 3 backbreakers in a row!

Eddy was able to bust out a split-leg moonsault and the Sexxxy Plex for a 2. Strong came back

though with the fireman’s carry into the gutbuster and the big boot for a close 2. Eddy again

rebounded and got Strong down but he took too much time playing to the crowd before going

for Total Sexxxtasy and as he went for it, Strong was up and waiting and Eddy flipped

backwards back-first onto Strong’s knee! One Half Nelson backbreaker later and Strong got

the 1-2-3!

WINNER---Roderick Strong

Tony Mamaluke vs. Petey Williams

This was a damn fine display of technical wrestling as the “Italian Monster” took on

the “Canadian Destroyer.” Mamaluke was able to use his shoot-fighting skills to subdue Petey

early on but Petey was able to come back with his trademark satellite headscissors into a

Russian legsweep. The battle wore on and Mamaluke was able to get his Sicilian Crab on but

Petey barely made the ropes. Petey then fought back and locked in a Sharpshooter but

Mamaluke this time made the ropes. The fans were getting restless, waiting for the Canadian

Destroyer and Petey went for it but it was countered, getting the fans on Tony’s case. But

Petey turned the tide and finally hit the Canadian Destroyer to the fans’ delight and the academic

3 count.

WINNER---Petey Williams

*** 1/4

Chris Hero then came out and cut a promo on Colt Cabana saying he used to respect him back

in the IWA days but now he’s become nothing more than a puppet on the stupid fans’ strings.

Hero said tonight he would show everyone how to separate the elite wrestlers from the

worthless babyfaces.

Jack Evans vs. Danny Daniels

Evans established himself immediately as the face in this with his dancing and playing

to the crowd while Danny just LOOKS like an arrogant prick, he doesn’t even HAVE to do

anything. A unique matchup of styles as Danny’s punishing attack on the midsection was up

against Jack’s high-flying antics. Jack did an Ode to Blitzkrieg as well as a nice Falcon Arrow

but Daniels hit the inverted swinging gutbuster (like a Catatonic) to slow Evans right down.

Jack was able to toss Danny to the outside and hit a Space Flying Tiger Drop to the floor on

Daniels as the fans went nuts. Back inside Evans missed a quebrada and Daniels hit a SICK

piledriver with Evans bouncing up in the air ala RVD. He was too close to the ropes though

and got his foot on the bottom one. Danny sensed the end was near but missed a top rope flip.

Evans then went up for the Corkscrew 630 but Danny cut him off and lifted Evans onto his

shoulders, walked into the middle of the ring and then KILLED Evans with the Rubix Cube and

that was all she wrote.

WINNER---Danny Daniels

** 3/4

Sonjay Dutt vs. Puma

This match was possibly the most even match up of the night as 2 underdogs in the

tourney squared off. Puma was lethal with his swift kicks early on until Sonjay hit a DOUBLE

ROTATION satellite headscissors and then a somersault plancha on the floor. Back in the

Calcut Cut combo got 2. Puma came back and switched up his offense hitting a German suplex

and a Tiger suplex for 2 counts. He tried to lock on his Figure 4 Cloverleaf but Sonjay

escaped. Sonjay tried a Tornado DDT but Puma blocked it, tried for his Skull Crusher but

Sonjay blocked that and hit the Indian Summer, his variation of the Muscle Buster! He then

dragged Puma over to the corner and hit the Hindu Press! 1, 2, and 3!

WINNER---Sonjay Dutt

*** 1/4

The 2 shook hands after in a show of respect.

Doug Williams vs. Frankie Kazarian

Rolling right on we had a unique first-time meeting between the “Human Torture

Device” Doug Williams and “The Coolest Man in the World” Frankie Kazarian. Doug stumped

Frankie early on with his British style but Frankie was able to hit a nice slingshot DDT to gain

the advantage. Williams came back with a high knee in the corner and then one off the ropes.

He went for the top rope kneedrop, the Bomb Scare, Frankie cut him off, maybe looking for

the One Man Revolution but Williams shoved him off and connected with the Bomb Scare for a

close 2. Williams wanted to end it and went for the Chaos Theory but Kazarian blocked and

hit the Wave of the Future into the turnbuckle! Both men were tired and Frankie was up first,

waited for Williams to get up and then went for his springboard elbow off the 2nd rope but

Williams caught Frankie in a rear waistlock as he came backwards, rushed him into the corner

and hit the Chaos Theory for the big win!

WINNER---Doug Williams

** 3/4

Handshake after match.

The fans see on the video screen a confrontation between AJ Styles and Bryan Danielson prior

to tonight’s main event. It wasn’t a violent confrontation, more of a staredown. Lance Storm

got between both and put both over, basically telling that the stage is theirs tonight and to set the

tone for this whole tournament. The 2 shook hands and were on their way.

Samoa Joe vs. Delirious

This was pure comedy in the beginning as Delirious kept stalling and insisting to the

ref that Joe had pulled his “hair” and yanked his tights. Trouble is they hadn’t even locked up

yet. They finally locked up and did some chain wrestling with Delirious constantly yelling

random things, including something about a banana phone. The kid’s different. Anyways Joe

got tired of this and started laying in with the chops and his chop to back/kick to

chest/kneedrop combo. Delirious came back and had Joe in the corner peppering him with 27

straight clotheslines before realizing it was having no effect on Joe. Delirious ran to the other

corner and baited Joe in and then tried a diving clothesline in the corner but Joe slammed him

down with a brutal STO! Muscle Buster and Choke finished it.

WINNER---Samoa Joe

** 1/2

Chris Hero vs. Colt Cabana

Hero started out using many different European techniques but to his surprise

Cabana was able to keep right up with him! Hero went outside to regroup but didn’t see Colt

launch at him with a scintillating Asai Moonsault! The fans got right into that as Cabana brought

it back into the ring. Butt Butt in the corner followed by a lariat for 2. Tornado snap suplex for

another 2. Hero went to the eyes and locked on a Cravate to boos from the crowd. He hit a

nice Cravate Cutter and then a running senton for 2. He then worked over Colt’s neck with a

brutal Cravate suplex. He went to lock in the Hangman’s Clutch but Colt fought out, tried for

the Colt 45, Hero escaped and went for the Hero’s Welcome but Colt hit Hero in the head and

turned around, lifting Hero for an Air Raid Crash and dropping Hero head-first on his knee!

That got a close 2. Colt could feel the end near, he dragged Hero up and locked the arms for

the Colt 45 but Hero kicked the ref away and low blowed Cabana! A rollup from Hero and a

snag of the ropes and the ref came over and counted the pin! What a ridiculous steal of a win

for Chris Hero! Cabana is livid as Hero quickly retreats up the aisle!

WINNER---Chris Hero

*** 1/2

It’s main event time!

Bryan Danielson vs. AJ Styles

This was a very good match but it seemed as though Danielson was nursing an injury

of some sort that prevented this match from being as good as it could have been. Danielson

stretched the hell out of AJ in the beginning, including a perfect Mexican surfboard. AJ then

turned it around and stretched out Danielson himself with a Muta Lock. That broke it wide

open as AJ hit his suplex into a neckbreaker for 2. Danielson came back with a snap DDT and

diving headbutt for 2. Superplex got another 2 for Danielson. AJ then retaliated with his

moonsault reverse DDT for ANOTHER 2. They rapidly approached the 30 minute time limit,

going about 25 minutes when AJ hit a Pele kick. He missed a springboard 450 and both were

down. They got up and traded forearms, Danielson went for a roaring elbow, AJ ducked and

went for a discus lariat but DANIELSON ducked and they both went for the same move at the

same time and double KO’ed each other again. They were up again as there was about a

minute and a half left. AJ went for the Styles Clash but Danielson picked AJ up in a fireman’s

carry and started spinning! Where he stops nobody knows! He started spinning as the

announcement that only a minute was left rang out and the fans counted the rotations. 30

seconds left and Danielson was still spinning, the fans having given up on counting, about 15

seconds left, AJ suddenly shifted his weight down so Danielson’s head was between his legs

and lifted him, waited a few seconds to get his bearings and DOWN with the Styles Clash out

of nowhere! He turns it over into a pin with 6 seconds left, 1-2-3! AJ wins with 3 seconds left!

What an ending!

WINNER---AJ Styles

Danielson couldn’t believe what had just happened but eventually shook hands with AJ and

embraced him as our first show came to a close!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there's the first show for ya'll. Match of the night was Chris Hero vs. Colt Cabana.

Prediction results

-VDP2006 8-0!

-Miami Vice 7-1

-Fastlane 7-1

-ZeMapper 6-2

-chriswalkerbush 6-2

-erstyle 6-2

-Hornpipe Sally 5-3

-ncguy 5-3

-Suburban Nightmare 5-3

-Steve Corino 4-4

-ZAK416 4-4

-The Truth 4-4

NEXT SHOW PREVIEW

Block C action:

-Christopher Daniels vs. ?????

-Teddy Hart vs. Nigel McGuinness

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

-Super Dragon vs. Jimmy Rave

-Nate Webb vs. Mike Quackenbush

-CM Punk vs. Beef Wellington

-Brandon Thomaselli vs. Alex Shelley

ALSO PREDICT MATCH OF THE NIGHT AND WHO DANIELS' OPPONENT AND LAST PARTICIPANT OF THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE.

Thanks everybody,

Darren.

Edited by darrdor