A1 Grand Prix

Katsuya

Qualifying Show starts now, on Sky Sports 3 (UK). Looks good, and it has Verstappen (underratd F1 driver by miles), Alex Yoong (good Malaysian, ex F1 driver), as well as Nelson Piquet Jr.

All the same cars, same engines, same tires. Simply upto the drivers.

And allready, I have no idea what the hell the rules are. Apparently 5 Qualifying Sessions, and then tommorow is a sprint race which decides positions for the actual race.

While I don't find racing cars remotely entertaining, I might check this out. Seems like it's going to more interesting than F1 (which ain't hard).

I do like the idea of everyone driving pretty much the same car.

The only problem with A1 is, if you make all the cars the same, and include Jos Verstappen, nobody else will stand a chance :shifty:

Verstappen > *. It's just a shame he was stuck at Arrows. If you put Hakkienen or Raikkonen in an Arrows it'd still lose :P (If you put Schumacer in an Arrows it'd have engine trouble and retire).

The only problem with A1 is, if you make all the cars the same, and include Jos Verstappen, nobody else will stand a chance :shifty:

Verstappen > *. It's just a shame he was stuck at Arrows. If you put Hakkienen or Raikkonen in an Arrows it'd still lose :P (If you put Schumacer in an Arrows it'd have engine trouble and retire).

Jos Verstappen was in A1?! Ooooh.

This is certainly a great concept, and with some big family names (like Piquet) and good national rivalries between teams, it's looking exciting.

On a side note, hasn't an English man just won the US racing cars series thing whatever it's called? He's a complete non-celebrity over here...He's looking to move to F1...

I know that all he had to do in the last race was just go and complete a single warm up lap, therefore getting him onto the start grid and as in the US you get something like 10 points for coming last, that's all he needed...He wouldn't even need to turn up on the day...