I just got back from Nightwish

lafunky xxvii

It was awesome. They rocked.

Tarja is so ridiculously hot and her voice is fantastic. At one point all the band went off stage and left her to do this opera song in Finnish. It was really cool.

They had really cool lighting and fire pyro and confetti at the end.

Discuss and agree with me that Nightwish rock.

They are a good band, and i'm glad that they're here from Finland. At least something to be proud of, besides HIM. I went to their concert a few months ago and it was awesome. Tarja really knows how to sing. The whole combination of musical and vocal talents works well together.

Kuolema Tekee Tateilijan? Or was it a special un-recorded song just for the hell of it? Because KTT is the awesomestest song that I can't understand a word of evar :thumbsup:

Thanks for that :)

Also...something to be proud of? Most good music comes from Finland, and does so in an attempt to say sorry for HIM :P

Finntroll, Bodom, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Battlelore, Dragonland (are they Finnish or Swedish?), there are shitloads of good Finnish bands ;)

Finland is the home of power metal (although Sweden and Germany have loads of good power metal bands too, and the US only has two, but it's not for lack of trying :shifty:), and thus, good music in general :P

Edited by TheReilDeal

Thanks for that :)

Also...something to be proud of? Most good music comes from Finland, and does so in an attempt to say sorry for HIM :P

Finntroll, Bodom, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Battlelore, Dragonland (are they Finnish or Swedish?), there are shitloads of good Finnish bands ;)

Finland is the home of power metal (although Sweden and Germany have loads of good power metal bands too, and the US only has two, but it's not for lack of trying :shifty:), and thus, good music in general :P

Irrelevant of focusing on just Power Metal, Sweden > Finland in the metal stakes of things :P

Yeah, but I was focusing on just power metal :P And to be fair, Sweden are close second ;)

Dragonforce are based in UK, we win <_<

Based in the UK maybe, but they consist of a Hong-Kongese and a English-born New Zealander on guitars, a Ukranian on keyboards, and a South African vocalist :P Dave and Adrian are the only British members, so we only half win ¬_¬

THEY....ARE....BASED.....IN....THE......UK......WE....WIN!

Hong Kong was British when Li was born, and the New Zealander is English bor.....good enough for me :P

Lucky for us there was a massive fuck up with them geting to the Download festival this year or we wouldn't have got Sunday night which was far superior to what they would've done half way down the bill at Donnington.

I also noticed a large amount of professional looking video cameras around. Could be very interesting developments at a record/dvd store near you soon...

I was at Download and their short set was the reason I came to watch them in London because I took my brother for his birthday and they were one of the main bands he wanted to see. The set, despite being really short was actually very good and rocked hard. To be honest I prefer the sound on the open air venue because it sounds more live.

My brother noticed the cameras too. He wants to get it on DVD because he started a clap to one of the songs and wants to see if it came out on tape :P

And boo Lanky, you're the one she blew a kiss at :(