Moore seeks PG-13 on 'Fahrenheit'

Laice07

Loads of ads for a documentary... on cable TV.  Generally more youth oriented outlets like MTV and Comedy Central.  I haven't seen one ad on the major networks or any of the cable news outlets.  I know Moore is trying to get teens to come see this, and they have a right to, but many teens are totally clueless about these issues.  This movie is best suited as election propaganda for voters.

Yes, but rarely do cable news channels ever advertise films, plus, advertising on networks costs money and even with the Weinsteins, IFC, and Lion's Gate backing it, I doubt that they'll pay lots of money for advertising a documentary.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Well I would expect you to, it was the end of my post  :D

Loads of ads for a documentary... on cable TV.  Generally more youth oriented outlets like MTV and Comedy Central.  I haven't seen one ad on the major networks or any of the cable news outlets.  I know Moore is trying to get teens to come see this, and they have a right to, but many teens are totally clueless about these issues.  This movie is best suited as election propaganda for voters.

Passion of the Christ was also stringent in it's advertisements. The reason for it is that the film company knows that they can get a ton of free advertisement just with the inevitable press for it. The Palm D'Or is enough press alone to make it successful, but get Michael Moore on a ton of TV shows and you can guarantee people will care, especially if there's a large movement to stop the film.

Yes, but rarely do cable news channels ever advertise films, plus, advertising on networks costs money and even with the Weinsteins, IFC, and Lion's Gate backing it, I doubt that they'll pay lots of money for advertising a documentary.

Regardless of the reason, it's not going to be heavily advertised like a major motion picture so the theaters probably won't be packed. However, the complaining about Disney, the rating, etc. is getting the movie some free hype, so you never know. It could set a record for highest per screen average for a documentary, but who knows at this point.

Loads of ads for a documentary... on cable TV. Generally more youth oriented outlets like MTV and Comedy Central. I haven't seen one ad on the major networks or any of the cable news outlets. I know Moore is trying to get teens to come see this, and they have a right to, but many teens are totally clueless about these issues. This movie is best suited as election propaganda for voters.

I have cable TV, and I haven't even seen one ad for the film, but then again - I hardly watch TV, and when I do it's Cartoon Network <_<

I usually catch the ads at night, and I guess thats when it shows.

Well we finally have a rating folks!

The Rating....duh..duh.duhhh

More Fahrenheit 9/11 news.

Conservative Group Claims Victory over 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

Although its distributors claim that Michael Moore's controversial Fahrenheit 9/11 will open in 858 theaters on Friday -- the biggest release for a documentary ever -- the conservative outfit Move America Forward, set up to battle the film, claimed victory Wednesday in its effort to induce theater owners to refuse to screen it, noting that the distributors will fall short of the more than 1,000 theaters that they had originally forecast. Sal Russo, who formed MAF from his political PR office in Sacramento, told CNSNews.com, a unit of the conservative Media Research Center, "Once the hard-core leftist political activists have seen the film this weekend its appeal will die down because the Blame America First constituency frankly is not that large." Meanwhile, the film broke sales records at two New York City theaters Wednesday as each sold out tickets before noon. The Village Cineplex 7 theater said that Fahrenheit sold $49,000 in tickets, beating the previous record of some $43,000 set by Men in Black in 1997. It planned to remain open throughout the night. The film earned an additional $30,000 at the Lincoln Plaza theater, where all sixteen screenings sold out.

btw, can an mod change the topic name to "Fahrenheit 9/11 News and Discussion thread?

More Fahrenheit 9/11 news.

btw, can an mod change the topic name to "Fahrenheit 9/11 News and Discussion thread?

and Spoilers. Eventhough it is a documentary but people will start to say stuff in here now that it's out that people would've preferred to watch themselves