Roadrunner United

tristy

Yeah, I think if you're a metal fan you know what Roadrunner United is. It came out today, I'm going to the shop tomorrow to pick it up. It's one CD I haven't actually downloaded that I want (except for The Dagger).

One thing I don't get is why that Trivium guy is was a team captain. Trivium sucks the cock hard. Why not Peter Steele? Or Keith Caputo? Just blows my mind that the flavor of the past few months in the metal scene had their guitarist or lead singer or whatever chosen to be a team captain. What the fuck have they/him done to warrant that? Gah.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing it tomorrow while I drive around a few cities.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed about Trivium, everyones boner over them pisses me off, overhyped, over-rated in every sense.

Reached that conclusion 16 months ago when I suffered through their performance as they were opening for Iced Earth. I was shocked when a few months ago everyone was like, "TRIVIUM OMG!!!"

I like that one song about a martyr, but that's it. I was talking about this album at another board and someone said the Trivium guy has the best tracks on this entire CD, and deserved the captain spot more than Steele or Caputo.

The nerve. Ugh.

Heard the CD on Friday Night at a club, they played most of it in the metal room in the earlier parts of the night. Sounds pretty good. I have a nice poster for it, with all the peoples faces on the back, it's in shitty condition, as I had it folded up all night in a packed club. Got a couple of stickers, too.

Trivium Fucking OWn. Saw them at Download, they';re fantastic. And he was captain as he was represnting the future of Roadrunner, accroding to the DVD, I think.

THe CD is fantastic, except for some of the vocals, in pariutcular Dani Filth, who sucks cock. The synthy track that Joey wrote, the one whar the Glassjaw singer sings, is one of my favourites, as is the Corey Taylor track. but they come second to the one track, I think it's alled the end,w rriten by the Trivium guy, Love it to bits.

Glad this topic was started, as I wanted to ask what this album was like.

As Dragsy said, the Trivium bloke probably represents the future of Roadrunner (as irrelevant of personal likes or dilikes, they have made thier mark), and I personally like them, having seen them headline the Roadrage tour, where they were pretty good.

I'll probably pick this up as soon as I have money.

Tristy, the Trivium song you are thinking of is "Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr", and admittedly, Peter Steele would have been good as a team leader, but Keith Caputo? I doubt that one, personally, as he isn't even that massive a name (even when he was a part of Life Of Agony, they still weren't HUGE or anything). Who were the other 3 team captains? (I assume Rob Flynn, but not sure about anyone else)

And TAFKA, you like bands such as Ill Nino, yet you dislike Trivium? I dunno..they just seem kinda in the same vein of music, really...yet, admittedly, having done 3 albums of it, Ill Nino's schtick is slightly tiring, personally,

Yeah, I think if you're a metal fan you know what Roadrunner United is. It came out today, I'm going to the shop tomorrow to pick it up. It's one CD I haven't actually downloaded that I want (except for The Dagger).

One thing I don't get is why that Trivium guy is was a team captain. Trivium sucks the cock hard. Why not Peter Steele? Or Keith Caputo? Just blows my mind that the flavor of the past few months in the metal scene had their guitarist or lead singer or whatever chosen to be a team captain. What the fuck have they/him done to warrant that? Gah.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing it tomorrow while I drive around a few cities.

Heard the leak. It's pretty damn good, I like several of the tracks. And, well, Matt Heafy might not be a good singer (he really needs to work on that aspect), but his guitaring really rules. The End, the one he sings is pretty damn good too (god, I say that too much).

And TAFKA, you like bands such as Ill Nino, yet you dislike Trivium? I dunno..they just seem kinda in the same vein of music, really...yet, admittedly, having done 3 albums of it, Ill Nino's schtick is slightly tiring, personally,

I just didn't like them really, I listened to their album and just couldn't believe all the hype they got. Maybe people overhyped it for me, but it sounded worse than diahorrea. Ill Nino on the otherhand I can understand why people dislike, their latest album isn't no where near as good as the previous two, but they have a style I like, a sound I like. Trivium don't.

Ill Nino and Trivium are nothing a like. And Ill Nino's stchick tiring is hilarious, seeing as their "schtick" has changed for each album.

I didn't say Trivium and Ill Nino were the same, more that they are in the same ballpark soundwise (Trivium are a little heavier, but not a lot). It's not as if they are a million miles away (Trivium do a heavy "nu"-metal kinda sound, and Ill Nino are just nu-metal with the Latino thing)

And Jay, I don't care about little changes from album to album, but generally, interest in Ill Nino's albums have gone down album to album as well, as little tweaks don't affect the fact that thier sound was much more suited to the late 90's, and is tired. It was the same with bands such as Static-X, who really didn't evolve enough on thier later albums.

Glad that TAFKA actually saw that I wasn't stating they sound the same....

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

And Jay, I don't care about little changes from album to album, but generally, interest in Ill Nino's albums have gone down album to album as well, as little tweaks don't affect the fact that thier sound was much more suited to the late 90's, and is tired. It was the same with bands such as Static-X, who really didn't evolve enough on thier later albums.

Little changes?

Because the first and third sound so similar, right? Quite large change it sound, really. So, because they don't sound the same as all the "Woo, 2005" crap, they're not evolving? Right.

Little changes?

Because the first and third sound so similar, right? Quite large change it sound, really. So, because they don't sound the same as all the "Woo, 2005" crap, they're not evolving? Right.

I'm not saying every song they do is the same, every album they do is the same, I'm just saying that there core sound hasn't changed THAT much. Great, you may find it cool for them to sound kinda dated, thats fine, and people will agree with you, but it's not even as if it was a sound really worth holding onto,aside from a few bands who pull it off well, IMO. Just like when Hair Metal "died", Nu-Metal is as good as, if not already, and just like with HM, a band who still sound like they belong to a certain genre when it's for all intents and purposes non-existant and dated just doesn't do it for me (see: bands like Puddle Of Mudd, Creed, Staind with the "nu"-grunge sound). A good nu-metal band or album can still hold my attention, but Ill Nino have never been as good as the better nu-metal bands.

But as I said, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, and I'm sure you aren't the only one who thinks they have changed. But realistically, even if you do enjoy thier sound now, they are the kinda band that people won't remember in 10 years, as they offered little to an over-saturated genre.

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

I didn't say Trivium and Ill Nino were the same, more that they are in the same ballpark soundwise (Trivium are a little heavier, but not a lot). It's not as if they are a million miles away (Trivium do a heavy "nu"-metal kinda sound, and Ill Nino are just nu-metal with the Latino thing)

Glad that TAFKA actually saw that I wasn't stating they sound the same....