Futuristic Movies?

Your Mom

See Serenity. Yes it's set in a space-ship, but it's also one of the best films I personally have ever seen, and I'm not just talking about in the sci-fi genre.

See it. Now.

See Serenity. Yes it's set in a space-ship, but it's also one of the best films I personally have ever seen, and I'm not just talking about in the sci-fi genre.

See it. Now.

Firefly was one of my favorite shows so I plan on it. I meant I just dont much care for phasers and warp speed and that kind of garbage :P

See it. Now.

Firefly was one of my favorite shows so I plan on it. I meant I just dont much care for phasers and warp speed and that kind of garbage :P

Aha...well, that's a different matter then.

See Star Trek: The Voyage Home then. Well, it's funny, and barely any technobabble to be seen. It's more of a family film than a sci-fi film.

Total Recall is pure furutristic gold, so is RoboCop.

A Clockwork Orange pushes futuristic or not...it certainly doesn't have a set time frame, and there's no clear refrences to the year.

Mad Max and The Road Warrior, aka Mad Max 2 for our Aussie friends. IIRC, the first scene of Mad Max has a caption that says "The Not Too Distant Future".

....I hear Back To The Future II has a scene that takes place in the future :shifty: ...

Equilibrium is another good one.

Guest Ringo Masterson

Well the Day The Earth Stood Still is supposedly set in an alternate Earth. You could always try Twelve Monkeys, Planet of The Apes, Abre Los Ojos, Fail-Safe or La Cite Des Enfants Perdus.