NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

Guest bukkake bandit

Nuggets can retain Camby if they trade NeNe to NJ for Martin in a sign-and-trade. NJ might as well let K-Mart walk and start RODNEY ROGERS.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodney Rogers is horrible. If the Nets get rid of Kenyon Martin, don't be surprised to see Jason Kidd go soon after. This team is at a crossroads, and if they can't get Shaq, or resign K-Mart, expect a complete rebuilding stage just in time for their move to NY.

Well if Shaq doesn't get his demanded trade, he might retire. He's said he will not play for the Lakers next season, but maybe since it is difficult to trade him that he will have to eat his words and he'll be in the Purple and Gold again. Hopefully he's traded because I want to see if Kobe can carry a basketball team to a championship.

If the Lakers want to honor his request, the Knicks will give them all kinds of bad salaries in exchange. Surely that's just slighly better than Shaq retiring, right? <_<

It's times like these that make me wonder why Jim Dolan & Scott Layden were allowed to run this team. Anyone with half a brain would have been trying to free up cap space over the last 2-3 years to make a run at Kobe (and Shaq by default now). Instead we're capped out for most of the rest of this decade with a stiff like Houston collecting FAR too much money. *sigh*

If the Lakers want to honor his request, the Knicks will give them all kinds of bad salaries in exchange. Surely that's just slighly better than Shaq retiring, right? <_<

It's times like these that make me wonder why Jim Dolan & Scott Layden were allowed to run this team. Anyone with half a brain would have been trying to free up cap space over the last 2-3 years to make a run at Kobe (and Shaq by default now). Instead we're capped out for most of the rest of this decade with a stiff like Houston collecting FAR too much money. *sigh*

It's not ALL GM's fault, they've had to take the good with the bad. One thing I'm mad, though, even though I understand why they did it, was taking on Penny Hardaway. He makes a ridiculous amount of money.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

ESPN.com

Steve Francis must have liked his visit to Orlando on Tuesday, because the Magic and the Rockets have finalized a seven-player trade that's been brewing for a week.

Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato were sent to Orlando for Magic superstar Tracy McGrady , Juwan Howard, Reece Gaines and Tyronn Lue, sources told ESPN.com Insider.

The deal is contingent on players passing physicals. An announcement is expected Wednesday afternoon, the sources told Insider.

The Rockets are running a "Welcome t-mac!" headline over a photo of McGrady in a Houston uniform on their Web site.

It had been reported that Lue likely would have exercised his option to terminate his contract, making him ineligible for the trade and thus holding it up. But Lue has decided to remain in his contract and will play for the Rockets next season, the sources told Insider.

Guest bukkake bandit

Rodney Rogers is horrible. If the Nets get rid of Kenyon Martin, don't be surprised to see Jason Kidd go soon after. This team is at a crossroads, and if  they can't get Shaq, or resign K-Mart, expect a complete rebuilding stage just in time for their move to NY.

Yes, he is. K-Mart will most likely leave. Kidd will want to be traded by the end of the season, the most. And RJ won't even bother resigning. This is an example of what happens when people buy sports teams for the bottom line and not because they have a passion for the sport.

Guest Bluesman

Funny how T-Mac has realized how much easier the game will be to play (and win) with a quality big man, and has pushed in that direction, while Kobe seems to think that all the team needs is him. I hope Laker fans get accustomed to seeing games like those in the finals, with lopsided losses containing many Kobe bricks.

Interesting that evidently they were worried about Lue being the one to hold the deal up, and not Francis. Then again, it's not like he's pitched a fit before, forcing a trade to another team...

On ESPN.com they were saying that Okur was the big man most likely to move, however I thought that wasn't true, as even when dealing for 'Sheed the Pistons tried putting themselves in a position to re-sign him. Perhaps someone could fill me in a bit on this.

Funny how T-Mac has realized how much easier the game will be to play (and win) with a quality big man, and has pushed in that direction, while Kobe seems to think that all the team needs is him. I hope Laker fans get accustomed to seeing games like those in the finals, with lopsided losses containing many Kobe bricks.

Interesting that evidently they were worried about Lue being the one to hold the deal up, and not Francis. Then again, it's not like he's pitched a fit before, forcing a trade to another team...

On ESPN.com they were saying that Okur was the big man most likely to move, however I thought that wasn't true, as even when dealing for 'Sheed the Pistons tried putting themselves in a position to re-sign him. Perhaps someone could fill me in a bit on this.

I think Okur wants more playing time, and realizes that Darko will eventually have to get more minutes, and if both Wallaces and Prince are still there he won't get much time under Larry Brown. Although, I'd rather contend as a bench player than play in say Denver who is nowhere near championship ready in the West.

If...WHEN Denver gets K-Mart, they will be 2 years away from the NBA Finals. We have Anthony at SF, Camby at C, and Miller at PG, Nene as our 6th man. All we need are K-Mart, and a SG (Nash), and we're a Championship team.

If...WHEN Denver gets K-Mart, they will be 2 years away from the NBA Finals. We have Anthony at SF, Camby at C, and Miller at PG, Nene as our 6th man. All we need are K-Mart, and a SG (Nash), and we're a Championship team.

When have any of those guys done anything in the postseason? Camby's the most fragile player in the league, and the West is LOADED.

If Dallas gets Shaq, San Antonio, Dallas, Minnesota, Sacramento and Houston are still all better than Denver. If I was a Nugget, I wouldn't be measuring my ringfinger for any jewelry just yet.

Guest bukkake bandit

I think K-Mart would be eaten alive in the West. I'm a big fan of K-Mart, but playing against Duncan and Garnett(even though he's killed Jermaine O'Neal in the East) and having no Kidd to give him open dunks, he'll be a different player.