Amazing Race

Katsuya

Do many people on the board watch the Amazing Race? I've so far been able to catch a few series over here in the UK, and I've become quickly addicted. Is the Family Series as poor as I have heard?

Currently I' ve just seen the episode of Series 4 where they go to Korea...I think I know who's won this series already before the show started.

This season has sucked because 90% of it took place in the US. Most of the challenges have been so simple because of the fact you had some children on teams, and the majority of the "action" has taken place while teams were driving from one destination to another. It's been pretty awful in my estimation.

I am obsessed with Amazing Race, and actually have boot leg copies of the first 5 seasons, just need to get seasons six and seven. I have even applied to be on Amazing Race with my sister, tho I plan on changing up my partners and applying again soon.

As for the Family Edition, it's okay. The first half of the show, the Paolas kept it interesting, but since then, the Weavers have kept it WAYYY more interesting. I feel back for the son on that team, seems to be the only semi-normal one.

I think it's a quality show, but the family edition has been lacking. It seems alot more slow-paced. Kudos to them for trying something new, but like it was already, the challenges have been lacking and the having most of the show take place in the US is pretty lame. I'll be happy when they go back to the usual format.

I am obsessed with Amazing Race, and actually have boot leg copies of the first 5 seasons, just need to get seasons six and seven. I have even applied to be on Amazing Race with my sister, tho I plan on changing up my partners and applying again soon.

As for the Family Edition, it's okay. The first half of the show, the Paolas kept it interesting, but since then, the Weavers have kept it WAYYY more interesting. I feel back for the son on that team, seems to be the only semi-normal one.

I love this show and have watched all the seasons, but the current "Family Edition" sucks donkey dong. I do enjoy sick amusement at the suffering of The Weaver Family tho.

"For this challenge, one team member must lie down on the track and let Jeff Gordon do donuts around them in a stock car."

"No! That's how daddy died!" :o

The producers were sick for picking them as a team knowing what challenges they'd arranged.

Exactly. The Linzs were so screwed by the battery failure. They're the only team that doesn't bore me shitless currently. Quick question, why does everyone hate the Florida Team? Never quite got that.

Edited by Ren

Exactly. The Linzs were so screwed by the battery failure. They're the only team that doesn't bore me shitless currently. Quick question, why does everyone hate the Florida Team? Never quite got that.

Edited by B-Rad

Did anyone else actually catch the final episode? It was tight as hell. The Bransens were beaten only because of the Linzs' physical strength and were only a few metres away from them when they crossed the finish line. The Weavers were particularly annoying in the ep and had a huge handicap facing the "alliance".