X-Men 3 pictures released...

fourstarfizzle

As mattman said, it's not a foot. I went frame by frame and it looks like a cement "crate" dropping. And a destroyed city could imply the phoenix in Jean being unleashed, or ya know a more obvious take... The mutants fighting it out with each other.

If they had sentinals in the movie, they'd make a bigger deal of it than a slight one second flash.

I just watched the trailer and to me it seems like Cyclopes is the one who dies during the film.

God if that's true that sucks beyond reason. The Phoenix Saga won't have the same feeling without Cyclops. Why-oh-why could they not just have recast James Marsden?

Am I the only one that thinks even if this is a horrible movie, it's still going to be a huge hit? Nah, thats probably common knowledge.

I love Patrick Stewart as Professor X. And seeing Magneto is in this film as well just makes me happy. The preview does make it look like Cyclopes is the one to die, which sucks.

Edited by desiredtoe

Guest lazyeyed

Where did you hear that some of the major characters were getting the axe?

Anyways, I also think Kelsey Grammer makes the perfect Beast. Juggernaugt on the otherhand, I'm a little iffy on. I know no one on earth can fit the profile physically, but Vinny Jones has that angry and intense demeanor like the comics. Does anyone know if Gambit is in it? He was my favorite character. His relationship with Rogue might be a little different though if he's in it.

Last I heard, Gambit may have a minor role, but he's unlikely to be a central character because his personality is too similar to Wolverine's, and his powers are too similar to Cyclops'. I disagree, but that's the official line, apparently.

Where are you getting that from? I can't see why Marvel wouldn't own the rights to Gambit, that just seems slightly odd. And a solo Gambit movie really wouldn't work if it's nothing to do with Marvel, as he only makes sense inside the X-Men universe. That seems slightly suspect, especially seeing as Gambit was mentioned in the last X-Men film, is consistently involved in X-Men comics and graphic novels and other Marvel franchises.

Ignore my stupid rambling, it's the joys of my visiting idiot brother looking through my favourites pages which are auto logged onto me.

From what I heard, apparantly Gambit was meant to be in X3, but rather than wasting the character on a bit part, they just decided not to put him in. However many are claiming he does have a bit part in it, it's a bit of a mystery.

He should appear in it I think in some form though as his name popped up in X2 when Lady Deathstrike was hacking the computer and the name "Remy LeBeau" appeared.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Last I heard, Gambit may have a minor role, but he's unlikely to be a central character because his personality is too similar to Wolverine's, and his powers are too similar to Cyclops'. I disagree, but that's the official line, apparently.

Where's that come from? Cyclops' power is being able to shoot blasts of energy or some other crap from eyes because of his mutated optic nerve. Gambit imbues objects with kinetic energy to turn anything into a weapon. I'm not seeing a particular similiarity there. Yes, I am a geek, thanks for asking :P

I know, but in the context of the films, you know they'll only use Gambit's power to have him throwing his cards, he's not going to use it on anything else. In that respect, it's long-distance energy attacks, which are both fairly similar.