Second-Hand Bargains

The Kraig

I went down to Gamestation with my sister, she kept asking me what I wanted for Christmas, so I said, this, this, this, this and this and kept handing her stuff I wanted, but either didn't bother getting or didn't have money for from the trade-in section.

So she bought me them all. For under £80.

Jade Empire (Xbox).

God Of War (PS2).

Half-Life 2 (Xbox).

Metroid Prime (GC).

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox).

All of them are unbeleivably awesome games, all are perfect condition, with instructions, and average about £16 each, which is insane considering they're all pretty new (except Metroid, which I never got back when I wanted it). The only thing missing from them are those annoying leaflets that you get inside game boxes. I'm so happy. *cries.

So, what are your best bargains?

I once got XIII for £4.99. Didn't play it much, but certainly got my moneys worth for the price.

I never have much luck with bargains as far as games go, so my best is probably a MINT Day of Reckoning for £9.99, not so long after its release (three/four months max)

I got the first SDvR, Hitman 2 and Splinter Cell all in perfect condition from the indy game store near here, for 30 quid. All on PS2.

Wow, you think that's cheap? :huh:

Considering SDvR was brand new at the time, yes.

I got the first SDvR, Hitman 2 and Splinter Cell all in perfect condition from the indy game store near here, for 30 quid. All on PS2.

That's about regular price for a new game, isn't it?

I assume he means all 3 games.

Ah okay, gotcha', that IS a good deal :P

Ah okay, gotcha', that IS a good deal :P

Thats what I said, foolpants.

Final Fantasy VIII for like £5, which is pretty decent seeings though some shops around here can charge rediculous prices for VIII and VII. One shop is trying to charge £30 for a second hand Final Fantasy VII, which is pure bollocks.

Oh and Smackdown vs. Raw for £20 brand new when it had just come out.