Euro 2008 draw

9 to 5

Exactly. But it shouldn't, it doesn't seem to ever happen for Brazil, and compared to Macedonia etc. we are Brazil. :P

I just wonder who our manager will be, I wouldn't mind Hiddink even if he isn't English.

Do Brazil always get through with 100% records? :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come Scotland were in draw 'Block 4', when they haven't won shit in years? And Wales who've been fairly consistent are in 5?...makes no sense.

By Wales being consistent do you mean that they nearly always lose? Scotland, even in the last World Cup qualifiers, drew with Italy, won in Norway and won in Slovenia (all teams ranked in the block above us). Wales, on the other hand,won a whole 2 games - against Azerbaijan and Northern Ireland (teams ranked in the block below them).

Exactly. But it shouldn't, it doesn't seem to ever happen for Brazil, and compared to Macedonia etc. we are Brazil. :P

I just wonder who our manager will be, I wouldn't mind Hiddink even if he isn't English.

Do Brazil always get through with 100% records? :P

Don't they play teams like Argentina a lot though? They have to play some fairly tough teams more so than Russia and Croatia. I mean, Russia! They sent a player home from Euro 2004 because even he thought they sucked. We beat Croatia 4-2 as well. Every match is their to be won.

We certainly shouldn't lose though. At all. But we will.

We didn't beat them 4-2. I can't remember what the score was, but it wasn't 4-2.

All ex-USSR teams are generally tough to play, and Israel held thier own in a group with France, Ireland and Switzerland. So....*shrugs*...you never know.

Erm no, I'm right, it was 4-2.

I was watching it in a service station, somewhere near Birmingham, on the way back from Wimbledon.

Erm no, I'm right, it was 4-2.

I was watching it in a service station, somewhere near Birmingham, on the way back from Wimbledon.

How come Scotland were in draw 'Block 4', when they haven't won shit in years? And Wales who've been fairly consistent are in 5?...makes no sense.

By Wales being consistent do you mean that they nearly always lose? Scotland, even in the last World Cup qualifiers, drew with Italy, won in Norway and won in Slovenia (all teams ranked in the block above us). Wales, on the other hand,won a whole 2 games - against Azerbaijan and Northern Ireland (teams ranked in the block below them).

This is where me only remembering international games happening in the 2004 World Cup Qualifiers comes back to haunt me... :shifty:

I think our useless World Cup qualifiers cancels out the great Euro 2004 Qualifiers we had, you know when we finished 2nd (before losing 1-0 over two legs to Russia)

We (Holland) have a fairly reasonable group. Romania and Bulgaria are tough but the rest should be no problem.

What I don't understand is why certain countries still are in the qualifyers, because let's face it, teams like San Marino, Liechtenstein, Andorra and a load of others are just never gonna make it to the Euro Cup or World Cup. Maybe they can do some sort of pre round with the smaller countries like they do in the Champions League. That way you get a much more interesting qualifying session.