Euro 2008 draw

9 to 5

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRING IT ON!!! Well, fuck it, what have we got to lose by having a go at teams like France and Italy? We showed in the WC qualifying group games that we could play against Italy and the other teams are definitely teams we can beat. Now then, best be booking my flights to France and Italy. :D

Well, on the plus side we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain in our group, wheras England will be expected to finish top. Wales and Ireland have a tricky group too IIRC.

Poor plus side but true. Wales and Ireland are stuffed too, unless Staunton really hit the road running.

Group A

Portugal

Poland

Serbia & Mont

Belgium

Finland

Armenia

Azerbaijan

Kazakhstan

Group B

France

Italy

Ukraine

SCOTLAND

Lithuania

Georgia

Faroe Islands

Group C

Greece

Turkey

Norway

Bosnia

Hungary

Moldova

Malta

Group D

Czech Republic

Germany

Slovakia

REP OF IRELAND

WALES

Cyprus

San Marino

Group E

ENGLAND

Croatia

Russia

Israel

Estonia

Macedonia

Andorra

Group F

Sweden

Spain

Denmark

Latvia

Iceland

NORTHERN IRELAND

Liechtenstein

Group G

Holland

Romania

Bulgaria

Slovenia

Albania

Belarus

Luxembourg

Edited by Dan

In theory England should be fine with that group. Unfortunatly our record against some of the lesser teams has led to some amusement in the past. Northern Ireland, Macedonia, Lichtenstein, Scotland. Laughable teams have got results off us before.

I'd have loved us to be in group D, Ireland, Wales and Germany. Would've been fantastic entertainment every game since all of them will have that rivalry edge. Group A's got that with the lesser three sides but they're not as much fun as when it's matches you'll be watching all the time...

Kaney...

Get. My. Tambourine. *insert extremely pissed off face*

We're going to Hampden.

France and Italy. I mean...that can't be fair. They should have both been in Pot A. <_< Oh well.

On the nice side, it looks like we'll be getting some great competition. I think the team play better against bigger teams, because it's actually worth bragging about if you win, or even draw with teams like France. When you're playing a team like Moldova it probably feels more like a task, because you're expected to win, but you still have to work for it.

Groups B, C and D look very interesting. Ireland got a pretty tough draw too.

If England don't qualify I'll eat my massive tartan-tattooed cock. Whole.

Group F looks pretty damn good too.

Edited by The Kraig

England will qualify the usual way. Draw our first game, win by the skin of our teeth against a lesser team and then play really well against the other big team in our group. And repeat until we narrowly win it.