Festival Pre-Season 2006

Herr Matzat

for quiet some time now the firt festivals started anouncing who they signed, the Hurricane is the one i care for most so i´ll be doing updates for that one, feel free to put in your local festival info and lineups~!

Hurricane/Soutside 2006

confirmed 14. february

Arctic Monkeys * The Cardigans * Element of Crime * Fettes Brot * Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals * Lagwagon * Live * Mando Diao * Maximo Park * Panteon Rococo * Seeed * Shout Out Louds * Tomte * Wir Sind Helden

confirmed 17. february

Apocalyptica * Manu Chao * Donavon Frankenreiter * Adam Green * Hard-Fi * The Hives * Sigur Rós

the Foo Fighters are rumored to headline.

the two big german festivals anounced some stuff aswell

Rock am Ring - Rock im Park

02. – 04. Juni 2006

Metallica, Depeche Mode, Placebo, Tool, Franz Ferdinand, Korn, Morrissey, Bela B., Reamonn, Nelly Furtado, Deftones, Sportfreunde Stiller, Pharrell, Turbonegro, Tomte, Kaiser Chiefs, Dir en grey, Paul Weller, Goldfrapp, Dresden Dolls, She Wants Revenge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonnaroo 2006 (Manchester, Tennessee):

Radiohead, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Phil Lesh and Friends, Beck, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Bonnie Raitt, Death Cab for Cutie, moe., Bright Eyes, The Neville Brothers, Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, Buddy Guy, Damian Marley, Ben Folds, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Dr. John, Matisyahu, G. Love and Special Sauce, My Morning Jacket, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Steel Pulse, Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove, Cat Power, Medeski Martin and Wood, Nickel Creek, Gomez, Atmosphere, Steve Earle, Blues Traveler, Amadou & Mariam, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Dresden Dolls, Son Volt, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Jerry Douglas, Soulive, Rusted Root, Devendra Banhart Band, Donavon Frankenreiter, Mike Doughty, Sasha, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, The Magic Numbers, Bill Frisell, Seu Jorge, Bettye LaVette, Dungen, Shooter Jennings, Rebirth Brass Band, Robinella, Andrew Bird, Steel Train, Jackie Greene, Devotchka, Wood Brothers, dios (malos), Toubab Krewe, The Motet, Marah, I-Nine, Balkan Beat Box, and Cat Empire

I'll be going to it if I can find a job before the concert takes place.

Bonnaroo 2006 (Manchester, Tennessee):

Radiohead, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Phil Lesh and Friends, Beck, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Bonnie Raitt, Death Cab for Cutie, moe., Bright Eyes, The Neville Brothers, Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, Buddy Guy, Damian Marley, Ben Folds, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Dr. John, Matisyahu, G. Love and Special Sauce, My Morning Jacket, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Steel Pulse, Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove, Cat Power, Medeski Martin and Wood, Nickel Creek, Gomez, Atmosphere, Steve Earle, Blues Traveler, Amadou & Mariam, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Dresden Dolls, Son Volt, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Jerry Douglas, Soulive, Rusted Root, Devendra Banhart Band, Donavon Frankenreiter, Mike Doughty, Sasha, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, The Magic Numbers, Bill Frisell, Seu Jorge, Bettye LaVette, Dungen, Shooter Jennings, Rebirth Brass Band, Robinella, Andrew Bird, Steel Train, Jackie Greene, Devotchka, Wood Brothers, dios (malos), Toubab Krewe, The Motet, Marah, I-Nine, Balkan Beat Box, and Cat Empire

I'll be going to it if I can find a job before the concert takes place.

i just saw the first (no idea if it IS the first) GnR aperenc officialy anounced, novarock in austria (mid june or juli, i forgot) - so unless they split up again they might be on some more festivals in europ this season.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Rock am Ring - Rock im Park

02. – 04. Juni 2006

Metallica, Depeche Mode, Placebo, Tool, Franz Ferdinand, Korn, Morrissey, Bela B., Reamonn, Nelly Furtado, Deftones, Sportfreunde Stiller, Pharrell, Turbonegro, Tomte, Kaiser Chiefs, Dir en grey, Paul Weller, Goldfrapp, Dresden Dolls, She Wants Revenge

Edited by Turbonegro

Once again, Wacken Open Air is looking to be one of the greatest metal festivals of the year. I bolded the bands that I would personally cream my pants over:

Aborted, Amon Amarth, Die Apocalyptischen Reiter, Atheist, Battlelore, Bloodthorn, Born From Pain, Celtic Frost, Children Of Bodom, D'espairs Ray, The Dogma, Ektomorf, Emperor, End Of Green, Finntroll, Gamma Ray, In Extremo, Korpiklaani, Legion Of The Damned, Metal Inquisitor, Ministry, Nevermore, Orphaned Land, Primal Fear, Scorpions, Six Feet Under, Soilwork, Subway To Sally, WE, Wintersun

Ah, screw that, just looked over the lineup for the Maryland Deathfest:

Dismember (Sweden), Vital Remains (Rhode Island), Haemorrhage (Spain), Pungent Stench (Austria), Necrophagist (Germany), Demilich (Finland), Unholy Grave (Japan), Machetazo (Spain), Disfear (Sweden), Butcher ABC (Japan), Severe Torture (Netherlands), Anata (Sweden), Sanitys Dawn (Germany), Rompeprop (Netherlands), Skinless (New York), Sayyadina (Sweden), Gorgasm (Illinois), Cliteater (Netherlands), Embalmer (Ohio), Yacoepsae (Germany), Engorged (Oregon), Burnt By the Sun (New Jersey), Municipal Waste (Virginia), Cenotaph (Turkey), Mucupurulent (Germany), Total Fucking Destruction (Pennsylvania), Mesrine (Canada), Beneath the Massacre (Canada), Catheter (Colorado), Electro Quarterstaff (Canada), Quills (Maryland), Embryonic Cryptopathia (Massachusetts)

Too bad that the Deathfest is way out of possibilities for me to attend. Oh well, I'll just go and rock my goatee off to Emperor at Wacken then.

Tool is better suited in a closed space. Tool post-Ænema tour isn't that energetic. Maynard sung the songs on the Lateralus tour standing with his back to the fans most of the time. Plus the visuals on the screens don't have the same effect on a festival setting, you know?

Tool is better suited in a closed space. Tool post-Ænema tour isn't that energetic. Maynard sung the songs on the Lateralus tour standing with his back to the fans most of the time. Plus the visuals on the screens don't have the same effect on a festival setting, you know?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking about. Even when I saw APC, he sings with his back to the audience, with the guitarists and drummer ahead of him. The stageshow wouldn't adhere itself to the open either, as you pointed out.

I'm hoping an arena tour of the UK happens around these festival dates, hopefully.

Tool is going to Europe for a press junket thing for the new album, coming back to the US for Coachella, going back overseas for festivals, then coming back around August for a US tour. The UK will probably get a tour in 2007.