The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Do you think that whoever makes the note charts actually playtests them? I play on medium (I only have four fingers after all <_<) and Trapped Under Ice and Scream Aim Fire can go fuck themselves.

Trapped Under Ice is alright but Scream Aim Fire takes the fucking piss.

Edit: It's still doable but I'm sure all they did was copy the "hard" version and take the orange keys out.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Entire setlist for Guitar Hero Metallica (from Metallica.com)

All Nightmare Long

Battery

Creeping Death

Disposable Heroes

Dyers Eve

Enter Sandman

Fade To Black

Fight Fire With Fire

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Frantic

Fuel

Hit The Lights

King Nothing

Master of Puppets

Mercyful Fate (Medley)

No Leaf Clover

Nothing Else Matters

One

Orion

Sad But True

Seek And Destroy

The Memory Remains

The Shortest Straw

The Thing That Should Not Be

The Unforgiven

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Wherever I May Roam

Whiplash

I wonder if they will release any DLC for this like adding Damage, Inc. and Leper Messiah to have the full Master of Puppets album since those are the only two missing. Not a fan of including Frantic, though. That's the only one I don't really like on this list. Well that and All Nightmare Long as I already have that from the Death Magnetic DLC. :shifty:

But I really like this set list. Looks great.

Now for the other songs.

Alice In Chains - No Excuses

Bob Seger - Turn The Page

Corrosion of Conformity - Albatross

Diamond Head - Am I Evil?

Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors

Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather

Kyuss - Demon Cleaner

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesdays Gone

Machine Head - Beautiful Mourning

Mastodon - Blood And Thunder

Mercyful Fate - Evil

Michael Schenker Group - Armed and Ready

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Queen - Stone Cold Crazy

Samhain - Mother of Mercy

Slayer - War Ensemble

Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster

Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head

System of a Down - Toxicity

The Sword - Black River

Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town

Edited by Fitzy

Thank fuck I can now play All Nightmare Long, stupid Wii's incapabilities, shame "That was just your life" and "Judas Kiss" aren't there too. Battery will be fucking hard/awesome. Glad to see lots of old stuff in there and plenty of black album stuff too. Bit disappointed that Frantic's in there but meh, I guess there had to be one St Anger track and I suppose it is the best of a terrible album.

I'd have preferred Wolves by Machine Head, and perhaps a better Foo Fighters song (but then again I don't think it'll be too long before we see GH: Foo Fighters). Some great songs on there though: AiC, Seger, Motorhead, SOAD and Lizzy's tracks all should be great.

This game is going to be hard as fuck though... I'll be surprised if I can play 1/4 of them on "Hard". :shifty:

This game is going to be hard as fuck though... I'll be surprised if I can play 1/4 of them on "Hard". :shifty:

Earlier I was thinking about the tiering of this game, I mean, out the later tiers be larger than the earlier ones because so many tracks will be difficult? Or will all the first few tiers have quotes around them?

So my GH3 guitar officially crapped out this week (goddamn red fret), so I was left with the choice of buying a new one for $30 or buying World Tour with guitar at Target for $70. So I decided to pick up WT - holy shit the new guitar is awesome (aside from sounding like there's a dying mouse underneath the strum bar... is this a common problem?) - and the game isn't too bad either, at least not yet. The character creator is a little too deep and I still hate the art direction of the series, but it's definitely a lot better than GH3.

Fitzy got an acheivement without even playing a song, hence, he is a hacker :shifty:

That was wonderful. :)

And does anyone who plays online with friends have a problem with encores freezing? LL invites me to the game. We can play every song fine but once it gets to an encore it freezes on me. So I restart Xbox (since that freezes as well) and he invites me back and we can now play the encore fine. But during the encore following a set is what sets it off. It's odd. I searched Google, someone on Gamespot as the same problem. So annoying.

I really love the overall feel and functionality of the guitar, but the strum bar squeaking is beyond annoying. In my research in the last few hours, I've discovered this is a common problem with no definitive solution, so I'm considering sending it to Red Octane.

Edited by Zero

I really love the overall feel and functionality of the guitar, but the strum bar squeaking is beyond annoying. In my research in the last few hours, I've discovered this is a common problem with no definitive solution, so I'm considering sending it to Red Octane.

I agree. WT guitar >>>> GH3 guitar. As for the squeaking, mine went away after a few weeks.

WT Guitar is the best guitar they've come up with so far, they just need to make the slidey touch bar thing better, ebcause it's a bitch to get from frets to bar and back again. But it's far more solid and the giant strum bar is genisu. Mine doesn't squeak, but it was midlly annoying getting used to clicking again after the silent wonder that is the RB Strat.