The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

It's in the works. The fact we barely play the thing doesn't speed up the process. Then again, the fact I don't have it probably doesn't inspire you to play. Vicious circle!

Besides, surely the notion would be that if I did get WT we'd be playing that instead.

We need to finish band challenge one day. <_<

Someday...today? I'm good for it.

WT was nice, I actually think the gameplay mechanics are awesome. Things like holding the sustained note while strumming other notes actually feels really fucking cool, but the song list was just dire. I honestly would struggle to name three songs that I'd like to play often, other than Hotel California and Misery Business, they tracklist is really mediocre. I mean, what the fuck, Willie Nelson? Shut the fuck up. Same goes for GH5, I'm looking forward to Plug In Baby, but Assassin was a massive disappointment, so eh.

Game in the UK are at the moment giving away two Rolling Stones songs with each bundle copy of GH5, that coupled with an exclusive red guitar and £5 off the amazon price means that it's probably the best pre-order place atm.

I'd have bought it, then I read the list of GH:WT songs that transfer over... and it's not pretty :o

About a girl - Nirvana

Are you gonna go my way - Lenny Kravitz

Band on the Run - Wings

****** - Blink 182

Demolition Man - Sting

Do it Again - Steely Dan

Everlong - Foo Fighters (handy for a chord based bonus challenge for ESP sponsor gig!)

Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar

Hollywood nights - Bob Seger and the silver bullet band

The Joker - The Steve Miller Band

The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars

L'Via L'Viaquez - The Mars Volta

Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

Love Spreads -The Stone Roses

The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

Never Too Late - The Answer

No Sleep Til Brooklyn - Beastie Boys

Obstacle 1 - Interpol

One Armed Scissor - At the Drive-In

One Way or Another - Blondie

Our Truth - Lacuna Coil

Overkill - Motorhead

Re-Education Through Labor - Rise Against

Santeria - Sublime

Shiver - Coldplay

Soul Doubt - Nofx

Spiderwebs - No Doubt

Stillborn - Black Label Society

Stranglehold - Ted Nugent

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Today - Smashing Pumpkins

Toy Boy - Stuck in the sound

Up around the Bend - Creedence

You're gonna say yeah - Hushpuppies

Source: http://forums.xbox.com/28704826/ShowPost.aspx

35/84... so that means I wouldn't be able to sell the GH:WT disc and make a profit if most of the songs are still on the GH:WT disc :(

Edited by The General

Aperently there is a Kurt Cobain in this Game, who looks almost nothing like he looked like wen he was singing, plays his guitar standing without a strap on and has some Band that is suposed to be nirvana with a chick an all. :puke:

At least they went with Lithium...

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So anyone else got this game yet? I saw Fitzy on it yesterday or so.

Anyway, in my opinion this game is leaps and bounds over World Tour. World Tour just seemed to be GH3 with drums/mic and special guests(Ozzy, Sting, Hendrix, etc.) I definitely like this game a lot more though, and seems to be the next step in the GH franchise in terms of expanding enough to be regarded as a true sequel rather than an expansion or GH with other instruments. My favorite thing is that the career is streamlined into one experience, so you don't have to go through Career on all the instruments for achievements/unlockables. The challenges definitely make it fun, and keep me coming back to songs I probably would have played once and never touch again. The songlist is definitely better from my perspective, had a lot of fun playing through songs I knew well and some I never heard of. Still some dire selections, but I didn't find as many as the last game.

Anyway, anyone want to meet up sometime and try to get the band challenges done for Career and do the achievements for 4 drums/mics/guitars/basses anytime?

I like how the avatar looks like a monster compared to the others. :shifty:

Yeah I like how the career is now like that as well. It is a step in the right direction, and more similar in the way Rock Band does it, but could still use a little more tweaking to make it even more like that cause right now, nothing comes close to the awesome Rock Band touring mode.

Also is your audio low? Mine is compared to the others in the franchise and after reading others have noticed it too. I had to up the in instruments' audio as well as my TV audio past where I normally keep it for other GH games.

And yeah, I'll be up for some achievement whoring at some point, but you better not have a shitty connection then. :shifty:

I tried out the RockFest, it's a cool new game mode. I wanted to try the team version but it would keep getting 6 (which is enough as it is 4, 6, and 8) and it would keep kicking everyone out, so I gave up. I'll try that again.

• Like 1

I was watching a review, I like the fact that you can leave the title screen idle and it will just play random songs and you can jump in and play that song at anytime. That and the fact you can have any mix of instruments in your foursome, thus removing the problem of no one wanting to sing.

Hey, my shitty connection was working fine when it was just me you and Ruki playing Rock Band, when we added Apsham that's when my connection was all crappy. If we wanted to play as us four again we would need a different host, because that happens on COD4 too with my friends from around the states and Canada. One person will host and will have problem finding matches and some others can't connect, but as soon as we try a different host most of the time we find matches all the time and everyone can connect. Just have to fiddle around with who is hosting and whatnot.

But yeah, Rock Band 2 career mode is still the best career mode I've played. And yes, for some odd reason I seem to have to turn up my volume a little bit more for songs. I was playing yesterday and had to turn my volume up to 30 something for me have it loud, and then when I went to watch 30 Rock on Netflix I forgot about it and had to turn it down as fast as I could since it was blaring out at me.