The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

The cover of "Heart Shaped Box" is... terrible! No one can be Kirk Cobane but this guy isn't even close. I do agree however that the cover of "Message in a Bottle" is pretty good.

Yeah, Kirk Cobane sure is rolling in his grave, there.

Misirlou sounds... odd. Like, I really don't remember a single part of that song that sounded like that.

Apparently, the promotional cardboard stand-ups at gamestops have a list of songs, some of which have yet to be officially announced. Those are:

Killing In The Name Of

Mother

Woman

Rock This Town

Band names aren't given. Killing In The Name Of and Rock This Town are obviously RATM and the Stray Cats. Mother is conjectured to be either Danzig or Pink Floyd(Personally, I don't know nothin' bout Pink Floyd, so can't comment). and Woman is suggested to be by Wolfmother or Pink Floyd also.

I got this news from gamefaqs message board. I know, not the best source of news, but they guy who claimed it had digital camera images to back him up, so...

Also, according to wikipedia, one of GH2's bassists said on his myspace page that one of the bassists which he had to cover for GH2 was Flea, so if that's true there's another RHCP song in GH2. Hopefully, it'll be Soul To Squeeze :pervert: .

"Woman" is probably by Wolfmother because the EGM article on Guitar Hero II mentioned that there was a song on it that is still on the airwaves right now.

And Fanku; I have "Misirlou." It sounds like Dick Dale but it certainly doesn't sound like any part of the copy of the song that's on his Best Of collection.

I've never heard of Wolfmother. I figured they were some old band, not something 'still on the air waves'. Then again, the only songs from post-1987 the local rock radio station plays are Nickelback songs, so...

Anyway, on MTV's website today, they aired a video on Guitar Hero. This video showed the first 6 tiers of the song selection screen. When I watched it, most of the songs were blurred out, but apparently earlier in the day you could see the whole list, which wikipedia reports as follows:

1. Opening Licks

* "Strutter" - KISS

* "Mother" (possibly by Danzig)

* "Message in a Bottle" - The Police

* "Monkey Wrench" - Foo Fighters

* "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" - Spinal Tap

2. Amp-Warmers

* "Shout at the Devil" - Mötley Crüe

* "Heart-Shaped Box" - Nirvana

* "Woman" (possibly by Wolfmother)

* "Carry On Wayward Son" - Kansas

* "You Really Got Me" - The Kinks, as performed by Van Halen

3. String Snappers

* "Surrender" - Cheap Trick

* "Them Bones" - Alice in Chains

* "Search and Destroy" (possibly by either The Stooges or Red Hot Chili Peppers) (not yet confirmed)

* "Tattooed Love Boys" - The Pretenders

* "War Pigs" - Black Sabbath

4. Thrash and Burn

* "Cherry Pie (not in yet)" (possibly by Warrant) (not yet confirmed)

* "Who Was in My Room Last Night?" - The Butthole Surfers

* "Girlfriend" (possibly by The Darkness or Matthew Sweet) (not yet confirmed)

* "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" - The Rolling Stones

* "Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns N' Roses

5. Return of the Shred

* "Killing in the Name" - Rage Against the Machine

* "John The Fisherman" - Primus (performed by Primus)

* "Freya" (possibly by The Sword)(not yet confirmed)

* "Bad Reputation" (possibly by Thin Lizzy or Joan Jett) (not yet confirmed)

* "Jessica" - The Allman Brothers Band

6. Relentless Riffs

* "Crazy on You" - Heart

* "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" - Stone Temple Pilots

* "Rock This Town" (possibly by the Stray Cats)

* "Last Child" - Aerosmith

* "Stop" (possibly by Jane's Addiction) (not yet confirmed)

7. Furious Fretwork

* "Madhouse" - Anthrax

Gamespot has 5 new videos featuring full playthroughs of Jessica, Them Bones, Sweet Child O' Mine, Surrender, and Misirlou. After watching them, I gotta say... Fuck Misirlou. Fuck Dick Dale. And fuck Quinten Tarantino for popularizing a song that will undoubtedly be a major source of physical and mental pain and suffering in about a month.