Throw back songs...

GRIFT

I was listening to the radio the other day and Got You Where I Want You by the Flys came on, followed by High With My Friends by Feeder and the one two combo really pulled me back to highschool.

Are their any songs that have a similar effect on you guys?

Anything by Soundgarden immediately reminds me of my childhood, I was pretty much raised with them. "Sweet 16" by Feeder reminds me of playing Gran Turismo with my brothers way back in the day, "Stay" by Shakespears Sister takes me back a few years, not necessarily anywhere I want to be taken back to, though.

Sophmore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year? by Fall Out Boy takes me back to last summer which was so messed up... walking miles at a time just to think, and thats' the song that I remember the most from all that.

I was going to make a whole list and then I realized I have too many to even consider doing that.

Anything by Soundgarden immediately reminds me of my childhood, I was pretty much raised with them. "Sweet 16" by Feeder reminds me of playing Gran Turismo with my brothers way back in the day, "Stay" by Shakespears Sister takes me back a few years, not necessarily anywhere I want to be taken back to, though.

It's not much, but "Teenage Riot" by Sonic Youth reminds me of quite good times, even if they were only a few months ago. Sitting in a fairly dingy pub pretty much every day for a couple of months late last year drinking far too much with that blaring out of the jukebox. Happy times, brought on by bad times, and made better by good music.

I agree with the "Sweet 16" and "Chicken on a bone" by Feeder, as I was a huge fan of both Feeder and Gran Turismo back then.

Also:

"Ain't Talkin' Bout Dub" by Apollo 440 which was the first CD single I bought.

"You Got The Love" by The Source feat. Candi Staton which I owned on cassette single back in the mid 90s and used to love (I think it's been re-released again)

"Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind which got me back into guitar music after earlier loving Blur.

Songs from university were: "Under The Influence" by Chemical Brothers, and "Sandwiches" by Detroit Grand Pubahs, both of which we used to play VERY loud in our student house, upsetting our student neighbours.

"Set You Free" by N-Trance takes me back to my first couple of years at grammar school, watching the top five music charts on Big Breakfast and loving it.

Oh and "Common People" by Pulp and "Parklife" by Blur takes me VERY happily back into the days of Cool Britannia while I was at grammar school.

Genie in a Bottle... Yeah, it takes me back to mid 99, just as I was finishing grade 8 and heading into the summer. Those were good times. What a great summer too. Riding bikes to the mall, going to Canada's Wonderland every Saturday, sleeping over a friend's houses and jumping right out of bed into the pool in the morning, watching Raw religiously on Monday nights... Pop music was the greatest guilty pleasure back then between 96-2000. I remember Genie in a Bottle was playing at this girl's birthday party back then, we were swimming in the dark at like 9:30 or something, I tried to backflip, I got a decent amount of air, but I bailed and backflopped... All you hear is the nastiest smack ever, then me screaming in pain. Good times.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Had a conversation with EBG about this. We came up with a list of cheesy radio songs from the mid 90's.

Chumbawumba's Tub Thumping takes me back to our rugby games. Our coach always played it, not sure why.

Whitetown's Your Woman, not certain why, but it's a catchy tune.

Any song from Will Smith's Get Jiggy with it take me back to like...grade 7.

Oh yeah, Will Smith's Miami brings back memories of good times.

Also adding to my pop cheeziness, listening to Spice Girls bring me back to 1997... Another great year. Not as good as good 99, though. Alot of the same things went down, but not in as great of fashion.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy