Throw back songs...

GRIFT

Oh, Tubthumping. That rocked on so many levels, it really did.

Ugh. Sorry, I love Chumbawumba, but I can't stand that song at all.

"Cemetery Gates" by Pantera takes me back a few years...me and a load of my friends, and people who at the time were only vague acquaintances but have since become very good friends too, all used to go to this drop-in centre that was positioned in the same place as a local recording studio/gig venue, so it attracted the more music-oriented crowd. Towards the end of the night, when it was getting dark, you'd mostly just have all the metalheads chilling out upstairs and everyone else gone and, after an hour or so of moshing, that song would come on and, lit only by a dodgy disco light, it was the most amazing thing in the world.

Takes me right back.

The entirity of Metallica's self-titled album brings me back to when I was 13/14, just getting into metal, and spent most of my free time roleplaying on Furcadia.

Any song from 1998...specifically Garbage's "Push It", Rammstein's "Du Hast", any Third Eye Blind song from that era, and probably a Sugar Ray tune or two. It reminds me of good times back then...

"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica reminds me of 8th grade.

It's one of those songs you listened to alot during a certain time, then years late you come back to it and you're flooded with memories from that time period.

Bulls on Parade from RATM always reminds me of 6th-8th grade, when I was nuts about the band. This was the song that got me into them, and I remember playing the hell out of it.

The Dead Boys cover of "Hey Little Girl" is a constant reminder of when I first began to dabble in punk. I remember sitting on my computer in my old house, listening stuff like the Dead Boys, Ramones, and the Dictators while talking in the Yahoo wrestling chatrooms. God, those rooms were and still are awful.

Motley Crue and Kool Moe Dee remind me of being five years old again, and listening to my older brothers cassette tapes while rocking in a small rocking chair.

"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica reminds me of 8th grade.

It's one of those songs you listened to alot during a certain time, then years late you come back to it and you're flooded with memories from that time period.

That's how it is for me with the whole album.

:o

Jerk by I belive Kim Stockwell was a song that me and my friends would play alot when we were like 7 or 8 and in basements doing dumb shit like pillow fights and riding sleeping bags down wooden stairs. I dunno why but it's the song that I always remember from those days.

Anything early-mid 90s west coast gangsta rap. Thats what I first listened to after I weened myself off the country I grew up being forced to listen too. Shit like Dre, Snoop, Too Short, DJ Quik, Ice Cube, Mac 10. All of that reminds me of middle school and high school.

Then stuff like KoRn and Rotterdam Terror Corps remind me of when I used to go out and just drink and get fucked up all night. Good times.