Official MM Tournament Pick'Em!

Cole

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I had a good day except for Marquette and Syracuse losing. I too had Duke vs. Syracuse in the regional semifinals, I was looking forward to that game.

Edited by Sabu

SU never had a chance; McNamara's been babying an injured groin throughout the entire Big East tournament (he sat out much of the middle of the last few conference tourney games) and now his hot streak finally ran out...it also doesn't help that the team didn't get within range late to put him in for a chance of him getting hot.

Not a bad day, certainly exciting.

Definaltly a pretty close day of basketball, with some of the losses that may have happened such as Zaga or BC people would have likely lost 1 maybe 2 final four teams and that would have sucked. I was able to pick some of the upsets in Mil-Wis and Texas A&M and altough it was kinda stupid I did pick Winthrop over Tenn which almost turned out really good for me but Tenn knocked down the shot.

Solid day. The bracket wasn't destroyed but the Nevada & Syracuse losses hurt as I had them both in the Sweet 16.

Here's hoping nothing terrible happens on day two....like UCONN losing.

Day isnt looking to bad for me so far, I can believe that Iowa lost after being up by atleast 10 with like 5 to go but I had them going out next round to W. Virgina anyways so it isnt a big hit. I was able to pick the 8-9 matchups right so far along with the Zona-Wis and Bucknell-Ark games.

Yeah, that was a great shot. I can't believe Iowa was up most of the Game, they had a big lead at one point, and then just like that they lose. Wisconsin also lost in pathetic fashion, and I had them beating Arizona. Oh well, at least Bucknell and Ohio State won.

Anyone else been watching the Games on the on demand thingy? I think it's the coolest thing ever.

We were sitting there at school when we didn't have class watching that. Syracuse, SDSU, and Utah St. all lost last night, making it the single worst day of the first round ever for me. I got 8 picks.

But today, oh yeah, Northwestern State baby. So glad I gambled on them. I'm not doing well in either league I'm in though. A little better in my CBS Sportsline league with friends from school since it adds the seed of the team if you get the pick right, which makes first round picks just as important as final four picks. Of course, that likely won't really matter for me.

Edited by damshow

For the record, here's who fucked me, and how bad.

George Washington... 2nd round

Texas A&M... 2nd Round

Bucknell... 2nd Round

Indiana... 2nd Round

Washington... 2nd Round

Tennessee... 2nd Round

Montana... 2nd Round

Witchita State... Sweet 16

Northwestern St.... Elite 8

These schools can all go to hell.

So far so good..not just tournament games themselves which have been great but I haven't lost a Sweet 16 team yet...though that could change, especially since I do have a couple questionable picks (such as Texas A&M, Wisc-Milwaukee, and Bucknell getting another upset into the Sweet 16).

Though there's still several games to be played, my Washington bracket is clean. Minneapolis I only got Nevada/Montana wrong and so far I only got Alabama/Marquette wrong in Oakland. Atlanta's been my worst bracket so far, as I predicted UNCW over GW...so close too...and then the upset of Northwestern ruined Iowa.

The 16th seeds all looked pretty good and it looks like they're getting closer and closer to pulling off the upset. It has to happen one day, and with UConn still to play...it won't this year, but all the 16 seeds so far showed at some point in the game that they could play with the one seeds, even if they couldn't keep it up for the entire game. But it's only a matter of time.

I hope the tournament games stay this exciting though, because so far it's been pretty wild.