Major League Baseball

Toe

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game one between the A's and Twins. Zito had his A game, the defense was almost excellent(Bradley losing a ball in the lights, but that happens once a game or more in the dome), and Thomas was the man. A's will win the series, I just can't say how soon. Too many dissapointments in the last four division series to say when.

I'm hoping for a Tigers\Dodgers World Series, but I don't think it'll happen.

Regardless, I'll likely be for the National League team, unless its Tigers\Mets. (I'll be for the Dodgers no matter who they play, if they make it, though)

As a Tigers fan last night was the epitome of their problems. Everything is predicated on hitting home runs. In the 2nd and 3rd innings they had golden opportunities to pounce on Wang and couldn't get it done and then Robertson gave up a bajillion runs in the bottom of the 3rd. But, it was a nice showing to make a game of it and the fact that Rivera had pitch last night was a plus. Mussina is coming off an injury so hopefully they can get to him, maybe he wont have his best stuff and they NEED a strong performance from the AL Rookie of the Year Elect Justin Verlander.

The Rangers fired Buck Showalter today so you know what that means:

Your 2007 World Series Champions: THE TEXAS RANGERS!!!!