Major League Baseball

Toe

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Tigers lose tonight, then I begin to worry. Right now I'm not really that worried about them losing, not until they fall into a hole.

Verlander simply had a bad game and we couldn't get our bat going. The long lay off may have hurt the Tigers.

This also proves Biggz point, the Tigers are not head and shoulders above the competition.

There is a chance the game could be rain delayed tonight though. It's a cold, rainy, and generally shitty day in Metro Detroit, so it's possible that they postpone the game.

I'm not sure what to think on this. Kenny is a good enough pitcher that he doesn't need to cheat, so if he intended on it, I'd be severly dissapointed in him.

On the other hand, the umpires did inspect his hand and didn't believe it was anything to be worried about. They simply had him wash the hand and let him continue playing. I'd have to assume if the substance was foreign and intended for cheating, they would have known and promptly ejected him.

I'd like to believe that the explanation given in one of the news articles I read was correct:

The rosin bag doesn't help get a grip on the ball as well when its cold, and the dirt helps.

The article also mentioned that there are plenty of clear and other less visible substances he could have used instead of one that looked like dirt or pine tar if he intended to cheat.

If he had been using a foreign substance, he would have been ejected from the game, not just told to wipe his hand off.