Uwe Boll

DaveKOTW

Uwe Boll...Love him or hate him?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Uwe boll..Love him or hate him?

• Best Director Ever.
    • Good Director
    • Pretty crappy...
    • Please God. Someone gouge out my eyes so I dont have to see another....
    • Who?

Okay, some after seeing some criticism about the silent hill movie, I figured, why slander a film thats got positives when we could be talking about a man that really has made movie history...My first experience of Uwe Boll must have come about, about a year ago maybe. I decided, yeah, man, I loved the Alone in the Dark premise and game and so, why not see the film about the game. I saw some write ups and I thought..sure, its got some bad write ups but it cant be THAT bad. Boy was I mistaken.

Sure you can expect no less from Tara Reid, but I kinda expected more of Stephen Doriff and Christian Slater. That film was bad. Plain and simple..

Such great lines including

Guard - sir..there are only 19 out of the 20 children here

Scientist - *looks confused* SHIT!

Not here Sum but a more general comment of people i have been talking to. For example, today, I was having a convo today with a few mates over some beers and we were talking about movies..you know how it goes the same old...video game into movie...without a doubt gonna suck comments...you know what i mean..

Edited by DaveKOTW

I've never seen a Uwe Boll movie, and I flat out refuse to. The scenes I saw were horrible. He took a game I liked alot (Bloodrayne) and slaughtered its story, after having done the some to Alone In The Dark. And in his interviews he always comes out as an idiot, arrogant asshole (go to his wikipedia entry for some pearls from his interviews). I wish I'd never heard of this joke of a director.

I've never seen a Uwe Boll movie, and I flat out refuse to. The scenes I saw were horrible. He took a game I liked alot (Bloodrayne) and slaughtered its story, after having done the some to Alone In The Dark. And in his interviews he always comes out as an idiot, arrogant asshole (go to his wikipedia entry for some pearls from his interviews). I wish I'd never heard of this joke of a director.

Ahhh, a crush on Will Sanderson, I see :shifty:

And thus, Uwe Boll continues to ruin possibly good adaptations... And I'll be damned if I know how does he get such names to work with him.

EDIT: Just saw this, he'll make an adaptation of Postal? How the hell do you make an adaptation of that? Ohhh boy, this ain't gonna be pretty.

FUN FACT: On Bloodrayne, Uwe Boll actually casted hookers in the movie, because, and I quote,

They were better than actors. We looked for local Romanian actresses, but there they are all from the theater and act very broadly. For 150 euros a piece the whores would be naked and do as they were told. It was better.
Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Ahhh, a crush on Will Sanderson, I see :shifty:

And thus, Uwe Boll continues to ruin possibly good adaptations... And I'll be damned if I know how does he get such names to work with him.

EDIT: Just saw this, he'll make an adaptation of Postal? How the hell do you make an adaptation of that? Ohhh boy, this ain't gonna be pretty.

FUN FACT: On Bloodrayne, Uwe Boll actually casted hookers in the movie, because, and I quote,

They were better than actors. We looked for local Romanian actresses, but there they are all from the theater and act very broadly. For 150 euros a piece the whores would be naked and do as they were told. It was better.

Heh, you gotta hand it to him, he knows how to make his money's worth :P

Edited by DaveKOTW

Completely honestly here... there's a strange fascination that I have with Uwe Boll movies... I've seen all the big ones, except BloodRayne, which I don't even think has hit the theatres here... anyways... for some reason, even though I know that they're horrible, I still manage to enjoy watching them for some reason... I actually liked House of the Dead...

I feel dirty for having said that.

Guest Professor Kou

Uwe Boll has nothing to do with the Silent Hill movie if I remember right, The guy who helped write Pulp Fiction (Or Resi Dogs. I forget too. >_>) directed Silent Hill and parts of it were shot in Kou's sexy city of Brantford.

....Okay so it's not sexy. Never the less Uwe had nothing to do with it.

Uwe Boll has nothing to do with the Silent Hill movie if I remember right, The guy who helped write Pulp Fiction (Or Resi Dogs. I forget too. >_>) directed Silent Hill and parts of it were shot in Kou's sexy city of Brantford.

thats true mate...i never said that he did direct the movie..however, it was more of a reference to video games made into movies linking me to Uwe Boll, rather than Silent Hill being directed by him :)

btw...did I misread a previous post saying that they...LIKED HOUSE OF THE DEAD?

Fortunately, I have been warned about Uwe Boll movies at another message board I go to, and will never EVER willingly watch anything he's ever involved with.

If heads of game companies were smart, they'd have a no exceptions clause that would have to be in ANY contract that involves licensing their games for movies:

"If Uwe Boll is connected to this project in any way, all rights are immediately forfeit. In addition, at least 4 security guards will be on set at all times with orders to shoot to kill if Uwe Boll so much as even attempts to get onto the set."

(Y)

Oh, and apparently they made a House of The Dead 2, without him being involved. It was either shown on the Sci-Fi Channel or is going to be at some point.

Edited by Pepsi

I've seen House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark, and yeah Alone in the Dark was god awful. It had no redeeming factors whatsoever. Not a damned thing.

But House of the Dead was what it was. Anybody at all who had seen the commercials for it on television, or the trailers for it at the movie theater... or hell, even seen the title, should have known what they were getting themselves into. It was obviously going to be a mindless gorefest with lots and lots of titties mixed in. I saw the movie knowing that it would just be tits and blood, and therefore I liked it. The problem with the Uwe Boll haters (ones that I've encountered off the board anyway) is that they go into his movies with incredibly high expectations. They go into his movies like they are expecting to see a cinematic masterpiece, when it's based on a game that largely revolved around just killing zombies. If people weren't expecting every horror movie to be on par with Silence of the Lambs or the Romero trilogy...err, quadrilogy (yeah I made that up), then a Uwe Boll movie wouldn't be quite as awful as they make it out to be.

Except Alone in the Dark. Seriously that sucked cock.

If people weren't expecting every horror movie to be on par with Silence of the Lambs or the Romero trilogy...err, quadrilogy (yeah I made that up), then a Uwe Boll movie wouldn't be quite as awful as they make it out to be.

I went to see House of the Dead on my birthday with my dad and sister. Now first, I had no idea who Uwe Boll was, my sister loves horror movies so she wanted to go. I had nothing to do so I figured what the hell. I sat through the entire thing just hoping that the movie theater would catch fire. It seriously was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I went to see House of the Dead on my birthday with my dad and sister. Now first, I had no idea who Uwe Boll was, my sister loves horror movies so she wanted to go. I had nothing to do so I figured what the hell. I sat through the entire thing just hoping that the movie theater would catch fire. It seriously was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.