Sharpe's back on ITV!

ITV are showing a two parter of Sharpe on Sunday and Monday evening.

Can't wait I loved it so much as a teenager.

For those not in the know Sharpe is based around a guy in the riflemen regiment of the British army in the Napoleonic Wars. He fought all the Spanish/Portuguese battles, did all the Gelgian stuff like Waterloo and is now heading out to India!

43sharpe.jpg

SEAN BEAN BACK WHERE HE BELONGS! :w00t:

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

DVD is coming out at the start of next month too. I'm off back to uni on sunday so I can't watch it on tele so I will buy it and add it to my Sharpe Collection. I've got almost all the books, the entire dvd collection also. Blessed is Bernard Cornwell, the Sharpe Creator who turned me back onto reading after I got tired of the same old plots in Robert Ludlums books.

• 2 weeks later...

So, did anyone see this? I finally got around to watching it after taping it last week, and it was really good. Sharpe and Harper were great, as was Bickerstaff. It sucks though because it only reminded me of how awesome Sharpe is/was, but I know that chances are there won't be any more episodes.

So, did anyone see this? I finally got around to watching it after taping it last week, and it was really good. Sharpe and Harper were great, as was Bickerstaff. It sucks though because it only reminded me of how awesome Sharpe is/was, but I know that chances are there won't be any more episodes.

I thought it was brilliant. I never use to watch it when it was on ITV originally, and have never bothered to watch them when they're on UKGold. But seen as Sean Bean is great, and I love Hornblower (same era and, to a certain degree, style) I knew I'd love this. And I did. Go me.

Sharpe's Tiger is great, I have that book somewhere. The stuff with the Scottish soldiers advancing was very cool!

I've got four Sharpe episodes on video from back in the day and they turn up every now and again in charity shops so I think I'll be off round them again on Tuesday!

But, seeing blades going THROUGH skin! The naughty language! Gasp! How times have changed.

I woulda liked to have seen a better story than the one they went with but the main enemies were handled well and I had loads of cool flashbacks like the white haired commander (who was in Sharpe's Eagle) and the fact Wellington was played by the same actor (the second of the two who played Wellington)

Sharpe's Tiger is great, I have that book somewhere. The stuff with the Scottish soldiers advancing was very cool!

I've got four Sharpe episodes on video from back in the day and they turn up every now and again in charity shops so I think I'll be off round them again on Tuesday!

But, seeing blades going THROUGH skin! The naughty language! Gasp! How times have changed.

I woulda liked to have seen a better story than the one they went with but the main enemies were handled well and I had loads of cool flashbacks like the white haired commander (who was in Sharpe's Eagle) and the fact Wellington was played by the same actor (the second of the two who played Wellington)

And there were boobs...can't beat that (Y)

Edited by TMM

Get the big DVD boxset, it's well worth it. Got it for Christmas, I've nearly watched through all the episodes twice.

Pete Postlethwaite is clearly the best baddie Sharpie's ever faced, though.

Edited by therockbox

Get the big DVD boxset, it's well worth it. Got it for Christmas, I've nearly watched through all the episodes twice.

Pete Postlethwaite is clearly the best baddie Sharpie's ever faced, though.

Do you know how much the DVD is? I'm tempted to buy it as well, but it depends on how much it is.