Help us book our UK tour

fourstarfizzle

Right, thanks to the pretty big local success of my band, we're already in the thick of it supporting the likes of Misery Index (Relapse Records), SiKth (Bieler Brothers Records), Happy Face (Anticulture Records) and Gorerotted (Metal Blade Records), so we've decided to hit the road in August and we need help!

This is us: MCVLN @ MYSPACE

Our rough schedule of what we 'hope' to do is below, just wondering if anyone had any good venues/promoters/bands to sort some gigs with futher afield. Especially the likes of London/Brighton/Portsmouth/Bristol etc. Our booking agent is try her best but any other help would be great.

MACHIAVELLIAN UK TOUR TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

August 1st - Liverpool/Preston

August 2nd - Manchester

August 3rd - Leeds

August 4th - Birmingham

August 5th - Peterborough/Norwich

August 6th - London

August 7th - Brighton

August 8th - Portsmouth/Plymouth

August 9th - Bristol

August 10th - Cardiff

August 11th - Ormskirk (BOOKED)

August 12th - Glasgow

August 13th - Newcastle

Edited by fourstarfizzle

I'd recommend trying to get booked at the Joiners in Southampton. Great little rock bar, and the management really are into getting smaller bands up there. They've had the likes of hellisforheroes and Oasis play there back when they were minor. I think Franz Ferdinand too.

Here's the website: http://www.joinerslive.co.uk/page.asp?page=home

Let me know if you get booked and I'll come and see you.

Well I was gonna say go for King Tut's in Glasgow, but it's already booked on August 12th. If you can change the Glasgow date, then http://www.kingtuts.co.uk has info. Otherwise, the ABC2 is also a good venue. http://www.abcglasgow.com has a venue address/contact info, I'm not sure how you'd go about booking there, but you obviously know more about it than I do.

I'll come and heckle support you.

Well I was gonna say go for King Tut's in Glasgow, but it's already booked on August 12th. If you can change the Glasgow date, then http://www.kingtuts.co.uk has info. Otherwise, the ABC2 is also a good venue. http://www.abcglasgow.com has a venue address/contact info, I'm not sure how you'd go about booking there, but you obviously know more about it than I do.

I'll come and heckle support you.

Birmingham! Woo!

*ahem*

I don't really know what sort of size venue you're looking for - there's fuckloads of them though - or what style of music you play now, to suggest big local bands to contact. Fill me in on those, and I'll help where I can (Y)

We're basically a fusion of Chimaira, Killswitch Engage, In Flames, Cannibal Corpse, Job For A Cowboy. Lots and lots of screaming :D

We're not looking for big venues, we want good local ones, and preferabley local bands of a similar genre who can pull in crowds.

MACHIAVELLIAN UK TOUR TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

August 1st - Liverpool/Preston

August 2nd - Manchester

August 3rd - Leeds

August 4th - Birmingham

August 5th - Peterborough/Norwich

August 6th - London

August 7th - Brighton

August 8th - Portsmouth/Plymouth

August 9th - Bristol

August 10th - Cardiff

August 11th - Ormskirk (BOOKED)

August 12th - Glasgow

August 13th - Newcastle

No Sheffield? :(

The bigger place to go in Brighton would be Concorde 2, but thats usually for larger bands.

Check out maybe the Engine Rooms or the Free Butt...both really small, but will get people in.

Unfortunately, I don't know any local bands, so no help on that front.

If you book Brighton, I'd be more than happy to go see you.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Got a few bands that might be suitable. Sorting out their details and stuff for you.

Although Crashdown get a special mention - I'll give you their details soon. They're managed by a friend of mine, but they're an absolutely immense band. Not sure if they're right for you, so I'll leave it to you to decide, but they'll pull in a good crowd too.

In Newcastle you could try the Carling Academy 2 or the Cluney, which is a well smart venue. I won't be there in August, summer holidays, but good luck.

Yeah, try for the Cluny, Trillians or 'the basement' of Head of Steam...I think they're the places for live music in Newcastle.